X3 Players Guide (Updated 10 Jan 06)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

X3 Players Guide (Updated 10 Jan 06)

Post by giskard » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 18:09

X3: Reunion: New Players Guide For X3 Version 1.3

UPDATED 10 Jan 2006
Guide found at the link below.
http://www.respawn.co.uk/content/view/314/70/

Italian Version (V1.5). Translated by RobyX
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=113959

Theres also Russian and German versions somewhere but i lost the link.

This may be the final version of the New Players Guide (except for patch updates). Now I will be working on finishing up the Economy and once the basic game play and economy guides are done, I'll be making a X3 Strategy guide.

Updates include a complete guide to Factory placement, setup and TL Hiring in this version as well as a sneak preview of the sort of topics the X3 Strategy guide will cover in depth when its writen.

Giskard
Last edited by giskard on Wed, 18. Jan 06, 01:03, edited 12 times in total.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 18:36

GREAT work Giskard, told me waht I wanted to know, now all I need is X3 and I'll be set! :D :D
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 18:39

Long text but usefull :)

rosetta1963
x2

Re: X3 Players Guide

Post by rosetta1963 » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 18:44

giskard wrote:Now we have established X3 is not X2
Giskard

Sorry but the part where you establish it`s not X2 V2.0 seems to have disappeared from your post.

can you retype it so i can decide if its X2 or X3 ?

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 18:47

This guides up on Respawn too now. Click on the pic on in my sig to go to my site.

After you guys have played the game for bit i will add more detail to that guide. Right now I just want to show you the differences between X2 and X3 and make sure you dont fall for any stupid mistakes whilst at the same time giving you some playing tips.

No plot spoilers are in the guide at all.

Consider this a small insight into X3, and i mean small. Scratching the surface kind of guide.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Nekentros
x3

Post by Nekentros » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 18:52

Thank you for posting this .... it was very informative!

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 20:53

thanks, interesting read.

a question though. will we get ship info before purchase ( like in freelancer ) or is it still necessary to have a good look in argonopedia before buying a new ship?

It's a bit odd that in x2 you're bassicly hoping the ship does what do want it to do.

hrett
x3

Post by hrett » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 21:10

Marijn wrote:thanks, interesting read.

a question though. will we get ship info before purchase ( like in freelancer ) or is it still necessary to have a good look in argonopedia before buying a new ship?

It's a bit odd that in x2 you're bassicly hoping the ship does what do want it to do.
Read the x2 patch notes. When you have any item, including ships, highlited in a menu, you can press u or i for the info on it. I forget which - it may be both. ;) Not sure about x3 though.
Blindly going where no man has gone before...
AMD64 3500+, ATI Radeon PCI Express 850XT 256, 2gig Corsair Ram. My hard drive is crap though. ;)

AB14
x3

Post by AB14 » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 21:35

Really interesting and useful post Giskard, done in a way that makes you want to get in there and enjoy the game rather than spoiling it for anyone cheers dude! :thumb_up:

foxtrot359
x3

A lame reason for no inside view

Post by foxtrot359 » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 23:01

I seen the post about the reason why they do not have an inside view. what bull sound like microshit. Microshit did the same thing with there fight games and now there boring you have no sence of being in a ship at all. All you see is a boring screen of the same thing on ever ship your in and thats "nothing" but space. Its like your just standing in space with nothing around you, completly boring empyness. Its a shame that game companies are getting so lazy in there productions of games just to get a fast buck.
David Mann

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 23:45

@hrett: thanks! i didn't know that. Now i allways use argonopedia just cause i like to compare but this is a good improvement and probabaly means it's in x3 too. yay.

@foxtrot359: a man with such wise words and so much experience playing x3. thank you for giving us your wise view. I espescially liked it when you said microshit instead of microsoft. such good arguments, bravo!

err.. play the demo (yet to come i hope). If you don't like it: don't buy the game. It's not like egosoft is twisting your arm, forcing you to play the game.

Neonin
x3

Post by Neonin » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 00:31

Spoiler
Show
If you start on Normal, the Argon Buster you're flying has two Beta PAC equipped. I found it more effective to start off with to dock at an Argon Equipment Dock, sell those PACs, and buy four Beta IREs. You can then set four in your first weapon configuration for an initial blast of power in combat, then set two only to the second weapon configuration for sustained firing.

It also means you have a good 25000 credits left over from selling the PACs to play with.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 01:23

Neonin wrote:
Spoiler
Show
If you start on Normal, the Argon Buster you're flying has two Beta PAC equipped. I found it more effective to start off with to dock at an Argon Equipment Dock, sell those PACs, and buy four Beta IREs. You can then set four in your first weapon configuration for an initial blast of power in combat, then set two only to the second weapon configuration for sustained firing.

It also means you have a good 25000 credits left over from selling the PACs to play with.
Neat, I'll keep that in mind. I might start off on Easy just to get the extra Mercury tho. :)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 02:16

Neonin:

Its really good to see another player thinking in that way. I know X2 didnt encourage it because there was usually very little difference but thats the whole point im making about X3.

It does make a big difference in a lot of areas of the game. X3 has that level of detail. X2 never did.

So keep doing it mate and keep sharing your tips with us players.
Spoiler
Show
Because of the gate positions in X3, you may find shortcuts now. The very idea just didnt exist in X2 but it does in X3. Just try flying from antigony to herons nebula via both routes, after you have explored all systems in between. The seemly longer route is actually shorter because the gates area not far apart. Thats one example, probably the one you are familar with now but its one of many in the Xiverse.
Giskard

Neonin
x3

Post by Neonin » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 02:22

Spoiler
Show
You might not like the idea of going pirate, but after doing the first two missions in the plot I decided to try my hand at capturing using my new IREs. I found a lonely-looking Teladi Vulture (piloted by a Boron no less) hanging around in Ringo Moon. I nailed it repeatedly with my IREs, and while the shields went down pretty fast the hull just kept getting chipped away (which is good). Eventually he bailed out, leaving me with a 76% hull Vulture containing 20 Quantum Tubes that I sold for a neat 200k, and I only lost a few Argon reputations. Another little helper on your way to super-mogul status.

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 02:35

Excellent work Giskard, well done :thumb_up: :D :thumb_up:
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

monoxism
x3

Post by monoxism » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 02:42

Good man. Glad someone is willing to help out us X newbies in the absence of proper tutorials.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 04:44

Oh thanks a ton about the economic changes and detail explaination Giskard. :)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 07:45

Good god, and I was planning on starting on Xtreme (the initial in X2 was not that bad and the Xtreme tad is just so cool), but I guess I stay away from it this time. Hey Giskard, Just 2 questions:

Spoiler
Show

I saw you mentioned the increasement in gun mounts pership. Can you tell me what is the average weapon mounts on a Destroyer, with their size right now I expect something around 30 guns

Plus, do capital ships (M1 and M2) also come with variant, or only fighters and freighters?

Last edited by Mightysword on Sat, 29. Oct 05, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sat, 29. Oct 05, 08:14

Great stuff Giskard, good job. Also to the other posters with those tidbits of info. It helps grind away those days until someone finally figures out how to get some actual copies of the game into US stores...

Question about the difficulty, Giskard. You seem to imply that normal difficulty now also plays more difficult than easy does, and it's no longer just a difference in what you start with. Am I correct in that assumption? If so, does playing on X-Treme now mean that you will be continuously attacked by all and saundry?

Just curious. :)

Thanks again for the hints!

Creston

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”