Burianek's 2ndry Production Lines NEW v. 1.2 - AL plugin!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Fri, 25. Jun 04, 23:39

I seem to notice on a closed loop system that there is the 'Feedback Multiplier Effect' that makes the energy cells 'worth' much more. 8)

Just like when a spend one USD dollar it actual ripples through
the economy generating 9 USD of Gross National Product.

So I can see the big use especially in closed loops; and minor where resources maybe be scarce (still makes money if you like a longer term investment with alot of extra capital sitting around).

Even by itself for my one wheat factory. I had an extra fast M4 laying around and used it to ferry real cheap computer components when they hit rock bottom; the local market cells are becoming more expensive using the Econ v3 mod since I have not built another solar power plant yet (price about 20 now), so in a way it is paying for itself off in about 45 hours instead of 75 hours.

That is not bad for a secondary production. It should be on par with NPC at 1/3 rate. So I would expect about three times the wait to pay off the secondary chain compared to the normal 15 hours ROI from the wheat farm. (I have two now).

The bigger chains dealing with ore and silicon and stuff cost more, but pay off ROI much quicker.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 20:46

:thumb_up:
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 20:52

haha
you don't need to bump it. :)
there aren't too many economy addled folks such as myself around i don't think. ;)

(but we're covertly taking over)
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 18. Jul 04, 08:05

updated version 1.1 see first post

kryptyk
x4

Post by kryptyk » Sun, 18. Jul 04, 19:35

Just started using it....

it's making me rethink placement and considering new alternatives which is a great thing in my eyes :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

I'm also a firm believer in the EconFix v3 too :D

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 00:35

First post has been updated to reflect progress made on this script.
Version 1.2 is now available as an AL plugin.
The new version is vastly better than the old version.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 01:59

My god. This game changes per minute thanks to you tireless scripters. Many thanks for all your hard work :khaak: :thumb_up:

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 03:40

Can I ask if you've considered submitting this as a signed script? Balanced and interesting... I'd have thought it'd be a shoo-in

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 03:54

Yeah, I submitted an older version which quite frankly kinda sucked. Before the AL engine came along if you wanted to loop something indefinitely, it was a really nasty affair. I'm gonna try to resubmit this one now that it is decently polished. I'm not sure if they'll consider scripts that make changes to the economy though. They may have something having to do with secondary resources up their sleeve by themselves, who knows?

By the way, the a.secondary.resource.remove.xml script that the readme talks about forgot to find it's way into the first upload. :oops: If you downloaded this in the past three hours, and you need this script because you're upgrading from the previous 1.1 version, redownload. If this script is brand new to you, you don't need it, what you've got is fine, it's only a patch up from the previous version. no worries.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 25. Aug 04, 16:09

By the way, please let me know if you find any bugs.
Version 1.1 didn't have any (that I ever found)
But I had to totally rewrite this in version 1.2 for the AL stuff.
So there's a chance some crept in.
I think I tested it, but keep your eyes open ok? :)

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 17:44

I'm still whoring for feedback,
If anyone that uses this has any comments / suggestions, please make a quick post.
I think I have a lot of areas where this script could be better, so I'm looking for complaints / validation.
Thanks guys.

Rathgar
x2

Post by Rathgar » Wed, 17. Nov 04, 00:59

Looks cool on paper (or screen, so to speak). Just downloaded it. Think I'll give it a try once I deal with my Xenon Containment Issue...

Will let you know if I see anything quirky, but I am already seeing places this could help prevent stalling in some of my stations that are critical to my empire :)
- Of all the things I've loved and lost, I miss my mind the most.

- Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball.

Raivein
x2

Post by Raivein » Fri, 11. Mar 05, 03:59

I'm having trouble implementing this in my game. V.1.4, AI update, Bounus pack 1.03.2, and your Laser-only 1.0 mod.

I installed it, activated all the scripts in the AI menu except for Spacefly production, and targeted my Crystal Fab in Kingdom End to activate the Silicon script. I had 1+ billion in the game so money was no object.

Now what? I don't see any option to turn it on. Not in the trade menu when docked, not in Command Counsole, nothing. What do I have to do to activate a secondary production line?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 12. Mar 05, 21:10

If you have never activated the Script Editor:

To use unsigned scripts you need to have the script editor enabled.
See the sticky thread entitled 'The Script Editor' at the top of this forum for instructions on how to activate it. You'll know it's activated when you get the 'modified' tag on your screen. (there are ways around this, check the link in my signature)

If you've already activate the script editor and it still won't work:

From the readme:
To add a secondary production line to a station that you own:
- target the station with a ship which has the trading system extension installed
- in the Trade menu, you will see a new option 'Add Secondary Production Line'
- select this command and the script will prompt you for which type of 2ndry production line you wish to install.

Let me know if neither of these help and you still have problems.
Cheers.

Raivein
x2

Post by Raivein » Sun, 13. Mar 05, 08:40

No, I activated the script editor, so no joy for that suggestion. I appreciate it, though.

As for targeting the station, yes, moved within 8 KM of my Silicon Mine, hit 'i' to bring up Target Information, then becan to scroll through the options. Station Details, Adjust Station Settings, Command Console, no command seen. Tried looking at my docked freighter assinged to the station, tried Adjust Station Settings from there. No good.

Could you tell me, in close-to-excrutiating detail, what I should do? (Target it. Press 'i'. Find option...) I'm wondering how to access the trade menu. I think you are talking about the trade menu when you have a ship docked somewhere and you want it to trade with the docked station. So you select the ship, and you hit 'd' to bring up the trade menu, where you can buy and sell resources, correct? But in that case you need a ship docked there to access the order.

Is there anyone out there who have acually used this script with success? Some success stories would be nice.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 09:21

Sorry if I cannot help you quite yet.
I just got my new computer up and running and was not able to play for a year.

Burianek, I was looking to increase the profits of high end goods.

For starters, Space Fuel. By modding your script (I have been doing some studying of script) I can add a secondary production line, only for use on Space Fuel Fabs, which uses a small amount of Stott spice to give extra wheat in the primary (Amazing new form of Alien Yeast). Increase the the efficiency by say 25% boost.

Would this be a neat way to make high end goods as Space Fuel and Space Weed more profitable? :idea: As I was reading in your other Econ Mod, some of those (those two were mentioned) needed to be more profitable to really justify their cost.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 8. Sep 05, 04:40

Sure, there are lots of possibilities along these lines to allow for interesting factory expansions. If you like changing up the space fuel and weed factories, go for it.
I'm kind of anxiously looking forward to X3 at this point, and hoping that things will be a little different.
Cheers.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 21:58

I think I know why he was having problems with the Mod.

I had to manual go into the script editor at least one time and run 'R' the Al.Brun.Init something (the initialization script) to make everything come to life.

Then I could activate the AI plugIn under the Artificial Life settings (same place where you can turn on sector patrols).

I used to use the 'old' version. I am about to buy my first Wheat farm under this CLEAN install with only the Secondary Prodution lines plugin.

I will tell you if it is working OK.

I really hope X3 has a more in depth economy. The Space Fuel fab and the Rimes Fab for example use the same two primary resources (Wheat and Energy); kind of boring. The NPC have at least a secondary to use up.
I am using your example to creat a new Space Fuel fab that requires the secondary resource to be present or it will not work (basically THREE primary).

I know the secondary produce line will run even if if there is no primary. For example, the Silicon 50% savings (as was stated in the readme). You can 'make' a Silicon Mine 100% out of thin air; just using up the one MicroChip to produce the Silicon. The main factory does not have to be running the primary resource. You casn easily modify the number of input to output quantity and the time, plus even what the items are.

My plan wa to make the players factories more complex. Plus I want to make the NPC create Intelligent random factories in sectors for competition. With the new Pirate Mod made, that can be used to destroy a NPC factory here and there, or the player can just eliminate the competitiion.

ZeligtheLiar
x3

Post by ZeligtheLiar » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 12:18

I know this is a long shot (after 2-3 years) but does anyone have this archived somewhere? I'm not finding it at Burianek's yahoo briefcase or at any of the other sites I've looked.

If you do, please PM me and I'll hook you up with my email addy. :D

Thanks, and sorry for the necro!

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 17:29

ZeligtheLiar wrote:I know this is a long shot (after 2-3 years) but does anyone have this archived somewhere? I'm not finding it at Burianek's yahoo briefcase or at any of the other sites I've looked.

If you do, please PM me and I'll hook you up with my email addy. :D

Thanks, and sorry for the necro!
Half a year later the second necro... is this script still available somewhere? :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”