Will X3...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sylvanus
x3

Will X3...

Post by Sylvanus » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:04

Will it satisfy my want for an EVE Online type game?

Please... Discuss:

FWIW: I'd LOVE for it to do so. I like the idea of an X Universe magazine. More online story/background links. The freaking EVE Online site makes you wish you were playing it. I'd like something similar with the X Universe. :)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:05

X³ will not be multiplayer in any way, according to Egosoft.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:13

Why? Doesn't EVE online satsfy your want for an EVE Online type game?
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Sylvanus
x3

Post by Sylvanus » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:16

Actually, I really don't care that much for the multi. It'd be nice, but it's not really a req for me. :)

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:17

lock please

these topics are getting on my nerves

can someone pin a topic with everythin comfirmed about X3?

with big bold writing:

X3 will not be multiplayer in any way

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:20

Nividium wrote:lock please

with big bold writing:

we get a least 1 of these A DAY i think. and one about eve about every 2 or 3 days.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:22

Nividium wrote:lock please

with big bold writing:

We'd make a sticky about it, but everyone knows that the last thread to be read on a forum is a sticky :wink:
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:24

Actually if I read this right he isnt asking for multiplayer but for more background.
Like news stories of stuff happening in the xuniverse, annual sports events etc.
Could be followed up by new updates to add such events in-game.
Would be a nice touch :)

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:55

Drainy wrote:Actually if I read this right he isnt asking for multiplayer but for more background.
Like news stories of stuff happening in the xuniverse, annual sports events etc.
oh thats happenin already

i think so anyways goin by the interviews

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 22:58

Sylvanus wrote:Actually, I really don't care that much for the multi. ...
Nividium wrote:...these topics are getting on my nerves...

...X3 will not be multiplayer in any way
For what I read, he is not asking for Muiltplayer (either because Sylvanus knows better, or hasn't thought of it), but something akin to EVE Online game play/story-depth but doesn't care about the Online part. However I can sort-of see how you thought it was another idiot forcing everyone to believe that muiltplayer is the only way, this thread is NOT that.

Now continue.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 00:01

Galaxy613 wrote:
Sylvanus wrote:Actually, I really don't care that much for the multi. ...
Nividium wrote:...these topics are getting on my nerves...

...X3 will not be multiplayer in any way
For what I read, he is not asking for Muiltplayer (either because Sylvanus knows better, or hasn't thought of it), but something akin to EVE Online game play/story-depth but doesn't care about the Online part. However I can sort-of see how you thought it was another idiot forcing everyone to believe that muiltplayer is the only way, this thread is NOT that.

Now continue.
yes i noticed my mistake, as shown in the post above urs:
Me wrote:oh thats happenin already

i think so anyways goin by the interviews
sorry i thought it was yet another MP topic to begin with. u kno when uve spent too long on these forums :wink:

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 00:20

well..

one of X2's biggest criticisms was you often felt "too alone" in the Universe...

so i would imagine theyve addressed this issue greatly in X3..

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 00:39

Nividium wrote:these topics are getting on my nerves
Well, im not having this problem... Maybe its you then? Maybe you should do something about it yourself, with something you can help with... like say... ignore it?

Nuke64
x3

Post by Nuke64 » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 00:52

i'd love to see the game mechanics of eve online combined with the x-series ideas...

it would be great to get rid of jump gates though

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 00:54

whats wrong with jump games???!!!! without them X just is not X. eve-online is good, but a combined version would suck.

Nuke64
x3

Post by Nuke64 » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 01:12

well actually, i don't hate jump gates I just wish there were other ways to travel between areas, like more level of drives with different speeds.... Like in eve they had a warp drive to get between points in a sector, i think it would be cool to have a next level of warp drive that doesn't get you between sectors as fast as a gate but allows you to travel there like that in a reasonable amount of time.... it gives off that feeling of incredible vastness you know

Shivan[SpS]

Post by Shivan[SpS] » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 01:22

I have a good idea for a mini multiplayer: Just for fun which friends...

One of the players "start a server on their pc". The server the only had to do is manage tdata betren players. None about of start a new game, Every player that log in, (including host), may choce for start in a disco in the universe, or start which all ship, station, rank, and everthing of a saved game . (the only mean is that all player should have the same vercion of the universe).

So, that is all, maybe uploading a saved game may thake a longer and cause lag to a players inside, but as I told before, this is only for fun which a few friends, not to start a new Counter Strike, or Ultima Online multiplayer game :P

I dont think this will need a lot of develoment...

P.D: Will thinking well, instead of a saved game, matbe a log like the logan....

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 01:31

Drainy wrote:Actually if I read this right he isnt asking for multiplayer but for more background.

Depends on whether after X3 there is going to be an X4 or online version of the X Universe i would imagine.
I'm only surmising here....if there's going to be an X4 i doubt that the developers would have time to do any updates unless it was game critical or something ie.....game bugs or similar.

If the intention is to prolong X3 by adding updates along those lines you mention then it seems a good idea....but maybe not such a good one if you're an egosoft developer?
If X3, and especially with the 'new' game engine, proves to be flexible enough why create another 'new', game? couldn't Egosoft just expand on what they now have and on a regular basis, issue updates?

The updates could involve new mini missions, new ships, new factory's, new characters and perhaps small alterations to the universe itself.
Or is that more complicated and time consuming compared with creating a whole new game for example XBTF to XTension or X2 to X3.
The question asked i suppose is which is the more costly, an update every 6 months or a new game every two years or so. :)

Would people be prepared to fork out a sum of money for an update to a game every 6 months or so. .....maybe they would if the updates contained exciting and fun stuff to do.

At what point does an update become a new game though.... :gruebel:
Would it satisfy the needs of online players or multiplayers :gruebel:

Oldman :)

Sylvanus
x3

Post by Sylvanus » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 01:35

Everyone has chimed in on much of what I was looking for.

In regards to multi (MP), as mentioned earlier, I'm not really looking for this. I know that egosoft is working on a separate title for MP. That's fine, but it's not what I'm looking for.

History, stories, game mechanics... A greater overall feel for the X Universe. That is what I was lookig for. Admittedly, much of it is marketing. You can buy EVE mugs caps and whatnot. That'd be nice. Add to that presenting the X Universe with professional art, compelling stories, a semi-monthy magazine (what an incredibly excellent idea!) and a website that draws you away from reality. Sure because EO is MP, they can post events that happen in their universe. The great thing is, when writing about the past, your subject matter is vitually endless. The future can be skillfully hinted at (fee patches that insert news updates or rumors (regular periodic "news" & "rumor" updates could easily give the game a multi/real-time feel to the game without having to go through making it those kinds of games - I think this is an excellent idea, btw), expansions, the X UniMP game their working on, etc) while allowing the player's independant game to continue to live it's own life. Corporations' rise and or demise could be written about. Stories from the average joe, from historians, poets, song writers, etc.

In short. Bring the X Universe to life. Make the players want to be there even when their real lives take precedence. Make it seem real. Marketing is the essece of EVE Online. I think egosoft coud to quite well taking some ques from CCP.

Sylvanus
x3

Post by Sylvanus » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 01:55

The type of regular updates I'm hinting at would be text based. News and such. Possibly additional missions, but nothing too intensive - unless they wanted to. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”