New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How many times did the batmobile catch a flat?

Fantastic plugin
22%
Good plugin
13%
Average plugin
4%
Terrible plugin
No votes
Just show me the results
60%

Total votes: 45

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 16:35

I tend to dock with the docking computer, there is a timer on the command and you may have gone past it with requesting permission and flying in slowly, the only concern is the first ship you target in the docking ring is the one the hack will run on, then you just need to be within 100m

FractalMBrown
x3

Post by FractalMBrown » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 18:57

LV wrote:I tend to dock with the docking computer, there is a timer on the command and you may have gone past it with requesting permission and flying in slowly, the only concern is the first ship you target in the docking ring is the one the hack will run on, then you just need to be within 100m
I don't have the docking computer. What I'm doing is I'm starting a new game in a custom universe, and selecting "<X2 Universe>"

falcon2000
x3tc

Post by falcon2000 » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 16:53

Okay, everything works wonderfully, except for hacking in space. No matter how close I am, it tells me command rejected. I've successfully hacked money and ships from the space stations, but I can't get a single one in space. I've even tried being <50m from the ships (and that's a treat to fly within 50m and nav the menu's in and of itself). My rank is 1000. but every time target the ship, get within X meters, I run piracy->hacking console->"5", immediately "Command Rejected" and the ship aggros on me. Is this the point at which I enter it with the space suit? Is it supposed to stop or something, since the suit only goes 18, a 100+ mps cargo ship is going to be um... hard to catch up to.

Are there any other special requirements other than just the distance?

Falc

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 16:33

falcon2000 wrote:Okay, everything works wonderfully, except for hacking in space. No matter how close I am, it tells me command rejected. I've successfully hacked money and ships from the space stations, but I can't get a single one in space. I've even tried being <50m from the ships (and that's a treat to fly within 50m and nav the menu's in and of itself). My rank is 1000. but every time target the ship, get within X meters, I run piracy->hacking console->"5", immediately "Command Rejected" and the ship aggros on me. Is this the point at which I enter it with the space suit? Is it supposed to stop or something, since the suit only goes 18, a 100+ mps cargo ship is going to be um... hard to catch up to.

Are there any other special requirements other than just the distance?

Falc
dock at any equipment dock and get into your spacesuit then trade with the station, you will now be able to upgrade your spacesuits speed to about 50-90? its not much more, and it will only last till you next get in one of your ships.
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 18:00

please bear with me while i finish my new mercenary plugin, i can then re-install hacking to fix/answer questions

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 23:27

Hi,

The ship hacking command in stations was working fine for me when I was playing my Terradine & Xai AI modded game. I've just started a totally clean 1.4 game in the Custom X2 Universe with just the default 1.04 plugin pack & LVs Response Fleets as well as the Hacking plugin & it doesn't appear to be working anymore.

I issue the command (2) while outside the station, dock, target a nearby M5 & fly towards it & close to under 50 metres. I get the "Formation Accepted" (I think it says) message then nothing. Checking the log shows an entry reading "You must stay docked at the target station to complete the hack, command terminated". Well I certainly didn't leave the station & hacking was working fine for me previously so any ideas what's wrong?

* Edit *

Scripting in a docking computer for myself means everything works fine - think that's been observed previously.

On a less positive note I've also noticed that hitting the "r" key to bring up the property screen throws me directly out to the desktop, not good :-(

Scoob.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 11:09

Download Link version 1.2 9/8/05

------------------------------------------------
1.2 update. In station and in sector hacking issue's should now be fixed, check times have been increased slightly to allow for manual docking
------------------------------------------------

Scoob I coudn't get to my desktop no matter how hard i tried, can you reproduce at all? , I'll try to break it again on my return from the seaside with the kids :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 13:43

Well, it always goes to the desktop as soon as I press "r". I've done a complete re-install three times...

1) Install UK game from CD
2) Apply 1.4 patch
3) Apply 1.4 NoCD
4) Apply 1.04 PlugIns Pack

Test game starting in new Custom X2 Universe - All OK

5) Install Hacking Commands

Test game, crash to desktop when Pressing "r".

The "r" property fuction was working just fine when I applied the Hacking Commands script to my existing Terradine game, it's just starting a new game that causes the crash.

I was suspicous that it may be down to one or more of the Advanced Sats you seed various sectors with causing the problem, as they're additional property you wouldn't usually have. Just a hunch.

I'll give 1.2 a go to see if it fixes things.

Enjoy your seaside break :-)

Scoob.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 15:03

I haven't tried it yet, so I have a question - are there any penalties or limitations involved when hacking stuff. Stealing wares from PPC forge would seem to be too easy way to gain money, unless it requires high rank, which in turn requires to complete a bunch of missions etc.

Edit: nevermind, just downloaded it and looked into readme :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 9. Aug 05, 21:46

Scoob wrote:......................

Enjoy your seaside break :-)

Scoob.

I installed fresh this morning, updated 1.2/1.4 added full bonus 1.04 plugins, then AL response fleets then hacking, working fine for me

Could it be terradine ? Try commenting out the plugin.lv.bases command at the bottom of setup.hacking for me :)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. Aug 05, 17:03

Actually, it was on my new clean game it's not working - not Terradine. It's rather strange as it's 100% reproducable for me. Every time I install the hacking commands on my otherwise clean 1.4 install it crashes on pressing "r". Just going to try 1.2 now...

...Yeah, looks like 1.2 has fixed it. Just started a new custom X2 Universe & all looks good :-)

Cheers,

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. Aug 05, 17:37

Hmm, think I may have spoken a little too soon.

No crashes, but when attempting to hack a ship docked at a station this happens...

If the hack FAILS, the expected things happen, i.e. a warning & ships may be launched.

If however the hack DOESN'T fail, it still fails in that I get the entry "You must stay docked at the target station to complete the hack, command terminated" in my log. Though there's no hostile action or relation change on the part of the station.

Strange as I'm doing things in the exact same way each time.

Any ideas?

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. Aug 05, 18:24

Ok, installed Terradine & all is working just fine now - how odd is that.

One observation though when you capture a ship; it's ownership reverts to you but it's home base remains whatever it was prior to you capturing it. I didn't think this was a problem at first but then one of my captured TSs (a mercury) decided to return home having been happily parked at an equipment dock for 5-10 minutes. It looks like it was still under ai control to a certain degree. I've since sat in the pilots seat of this ship myself (resetting the home base) & will see if this fixes things, it hasn't wandered off again yet.

Scoob.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 10. Aug 05, 19:43

That might be due to the Pirate override to prevent the massing of inumerable pirates in empty sectors... Although I don't see why it would do that to a merc.

metis
x3

Post by metis » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 12:40

can someone help me?since i've installed 1.2 version it is practicly impossible to steal anything.I allready have half a know space as enemy to me since all the failed attempts.how do i suppose to rase my rang if i running out of practise area. There was no such problem in 1.1.

please help

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 18:10

dock at pirate bases to get missions to improve your rank.

1.2 fixed the fact it was way too easy to hack in some circumstances imo and that of my testing slaves :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 18:12

Here's an interesting thing that's happened to me a couple of times lately - if you remember, I'm playing in the Terradine universe so it may not actually happen to everyone.

Was trying to capture a ship in space having had some success previously. Well, did the usual with this one (a Dolphin) & when it went red & slowed to a halt I jumped into my space suit & began my approach. Suddenly I saw laser fire comming in from EVERYWHERE & there was me in just my space suit. Basically ALL the local sector defenders had rushed in & begun to blow the cr...err stuffing out of the Dolphin. This was before it had turned blue to show I'd completed the capture, luckily I hadn't got that close yet or I'd have been toast.

I did notice that its ship code had changed from BTS... to [blank]TS... I guess that's all part of the normal capture & assign to new owner process.

Anyway, thought it was pretty fun all-in-all, though was wondering if it was working as intended? Maybe the sector partol were somewhat unhappy at one of their pilots bailing? Either way, the sector patrol never actually targeted me, even after the Dolphin was dust - they just went back to their patrol.

Scoob.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 18:26

intended, when the cap is made the race of the ship is set to enemy race until you take command with the intention being the pilot must be quick ;)
LV's TC Scripts

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 9. Sep 05, 01:28

I've just reverted back to a standard universe game & once again in-station hacking just doesn't work for me!

As before, if it fails it fails, yet if it looks like its going to work (a "Formation Established" voice message & nothing goes red) I get a message appear in my log telling me "You must stay docked at the target station to complete the hack, command terminated" - I did stay docked. plus I'm only 50 metres away from the target ship.

I know I've asked about this before, but as stated previously, these commands all appeared to work perfectly in my Terradine game, just not in a standard universe game.

Just to confirm, here's what I do:

1. Target station while right outside the doors & issue the "2" command to hack docked ships.

2. Request docking permission.

3. Manually fly in & target desired ship.

4. Fly to within 50 metres & Save using salvage insurance.

5. Wait for the buzzer...

6. Await the Failure/Success of my hack attempt

7. Re-load & try again from step 5 (just testing here)

Shame about this cos I had a great time hacking in the Terradine universe!

Scoob.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Thu, 3. Nov 05, 18:43

Hi LV, great mod as usual.

I would like to know :

- When I success capturing a ship, I earn a Pirate point; but when I fail, I lose a Pirate point, is it intended ?

If it is, then it's very hard to get more points to have more success

-What is the best way to earn my first points, capping ships, stealing cash or wares, stealing ships while flying, other ... ?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”