New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How many times did the batmobile catch a flat?

Fantastic plugin
22%
Good plugin
13%
Average plugin
4%
Terrible plugin
No votes
Just show me the results
60%

Total votes: 45

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

Post by LV » Sat, 30. Jul 05, 17:17

Download Link version 1.2 9/8/05

------------------------------------------------
1.2 update. In station and in sector hacking issue's should now be fixed, check times have been increased slightly to allow for manual docking

This plugin offers opportunites to pirate style players who prefer to steal and take their profits.

The plugin on installation will bring up 1 new command "The Hacker Console"

Found in the piracy menu the console will enable other commands and allow you to check your ranks.

Code: Select all

To access the ingame readme just type '0' zero into the console

To check your current rank type '1'
Hacking Commands

-----------------------------------------------

Type '2' to access one of the main commands of the hacking menu, First of all you should find a station with a ship that is docked which you wish to steal. As you cannot run console commands inside stations you should choose the option just as you are about to dock, then fly manually up to the ship you wish to hack and target it.

Once you are less than 75m from the ship the hack will start and depending on your rank and other variables you will either steal the ship or fail.

Type '3' to access station funds hacking.

The command works exactly as the hack ship command above but you will steal credits from the station if you are successful. Manually dock and target a ship (preferaby a TS class) to run.

Type '4' to access ware hacking.

If your flying a TS class ship rank and other variables will determine if you manage to steal the stations products. You must target one of the stations TS classed ships that are docked to run, If none are docked you can not access the command.

Type '5' into the console to hack a ship in space. Your ship must be less than 100m from the target when the command is run. If successful the ship will temorarily set itself to foe until you get close enough in your spacesuit to take control of it.

Type 6 to send a pirate friendly signal

If your rank is high enough running this command will set all pirate ships in your current sector to neutral.

New Station Command

Sell This Station

All your stations will now have this option enabled in their command menu's

Once chosen the station will signal nearby traders and if one is interested you will be hailed with an offer for the station, If you accept the station will no longer be under your control!
Other commands

There are other commands ingame which you can access once you rank is high enough and you possess the correct equipment. Unfortunatly they are currently classified.

Missions

Docking at pirate bases will bring new mission offers if your rank is high enough, Missions are random and if you dont wish to take them you should just ignore them.
Penalty's for failure

Usual imperial stuff ;)

Install notes

extract the rar to your main x2 directory, it comes bundled with the "No mod tag" mod which you should run the game by. No other modifications are present.

Misc

As usual this plugin comes with an Imperial NDA. This in effect means if you read my scripts and disclose anything to the forums i'll delete your account :)

Enjoy and feedback.

Changes since 1.0
Possible conflict with XAI script
Now using iracy slots 605 through 609 which should be free slots XAI database updated

Debug player sat creation now elimated from script

Download Link version 1.2 9/8/05

1.2 update. In station and in sector hacking issue's should now be fixed, check times have been increased slightly to allow for manual docking
Last edited by LV on Tue, 9. Aug 05, 11:08, edited 4 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 30. Jul 05, 17:22

LV,

The link is broke. I can neither open it, or "save link target"...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 30. Jul 05, 17:29

Note to all scripter's

It is always a good idea to upload your script before posting the links for it ;)

:)

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 30. Jul 05, 17:33

:lol:

will have a look ..;)

G

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 01:10

LV,

FYI I'm running in the Terradine 1.7 universe with the latest Xai AI, so any problems are probably all my own fault anyway as I expect you designed this to work in the standard universe...

Does this script clash with the Xai advanced AI scripts? Reason I'm asking is cos I'm getting some odd goings on....I entered 1 to get my hacking rank & got a message which read "You current Pirate rank is 1 Xai Cadet 2nd Grade Ebmanckosset" which is the Xai AI rank of my ships AI pilot. Now I'm assuming it's just picking up the Pilot name which is expected to be Julian here, so no big deal tho it confused me for a moment.

Also, as part of the Xai AI I already had a "Piracy" command containing 3 "Statscan" options, these appear to have been partially corrupted...my Piracy options now read:

1) Hacking Console (works fine)
2) Statscan Target
3) Statscan enemy range
4) Hire Hacker

The i (info) option for 4 gives the Help text for a Statscan option! Also, running this command gives me an audio "Autopilot" message.

Within a couple of minutes of loading my current save, I got three messages saying Adv. Nav Sats of mine had been destroyed. Thing is, I hadn't even been to the sectors mentioned, let alone dropped nav sats there. If I go into the galaxy map however, these new sectors are uncovered & indeed have Adv. Sats in them. I'm assuming this is done to...
Spoiler
Show
"uncover" the new fabs you've put in place in these sectors? And those sectors in which nav sats were destroyed are hostile pirate owned sectors in Terradine.
Scoob.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 10:09

It looks to me as if i'm using existing piracy slot commands, I dont think it's going to be too hard to change em to non used and it's my own fault for not checking the xia database :oops:

I'll get em fixed

Te sat problem is a simple one, they are there for testing purposes, there is even a line of comment code saying "Take these out before release" to remind me but yup, i forgot :evil:

hang fire and i'll fix it today :)

LV slaps himself over the head several times

edit
some else didn't enter any slots into the database either :|

Changes since 1.0
Possible conflict with XAI script
Now using iracy slots 605 through 609 which should be free slots XAI database updated

Debug player sat creation now elimated from script

re-download 1.1 :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Koranis
x2

Post by Koranis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 10:37

Do you mean I will be able to steal ships as in the game's intro? Cool. I was looking for a mod like this.

Now if someone makes hirable mercenaries like in Privateer 2 and I will be fully satisfied with my X2. :)

Koranis
x2

Post by Koranis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 11:06

I'm already using a mod package of mine. Will I be able to enable hacking command from the AL plugins menu and that's it, or should I run the mod from the start menu before I launch the game?

thank you.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 11:14

Koranis wrote:Do you mean I will be able to steal ships as in the game's intro?
Yes
Koranis wrote: Now if someone makes hirable mercenaries like in Privateer 2 and I will be fully satisfied with my X2. :)
See This
Koranis wrote:I'm already using a mod package of mine. Will I be able to enable hacking command from the AL plugins menu and that's it, or should I run the mod from the start menu before I launch the game?
There is no choice for this in the AL menu it runs automatically :)

The mod is simply the "modified" removal tool, nothing else, if your using other mods just rename the no mod tag mod in the mods folder to the next available cat/dat number in the main x2 directory.

example. in my x2 folder the last ones are 04.dat and 04.cat

i'd would then rename the mod to 05.dat and 05.cat and put it in the main x2 dir for it to run without the need to choose it from the mods menu.

Koranis
x2

Post by Koranis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 11:53

Great, thank you LV.

Koranis
x2

Post by Koranis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 12:04

One more question: if hiring the mercenaries, without all the cool imperial stuff (and without the necessity of paying 6 milions) is all I need, is there any chance for me the get them and that's it?

I'm asking because I don't want to alter X2 universe by introducing new terms like "The Empire" etc, and then, once I have 6 milions to spare I don't need mercenaries anymore. I will have my own fleet.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 12:08

TBH i can't remember its that long since i wrote it, better you download an "addware" cheat script and add the console to your ship via that method.

Koranis
x2

Post by Koranis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 12:12

Addware? Any idea where I could find it?

With it, will I be able to add only the mercs?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 12:32

Hang fire, I'm bored, on holiday and will write a new Merc Hire Plugin today while i'm bored :)

Koranis
x2

Post by Koranis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 12:46

Then I'm lucky guy today. :)

While you're scripting and coding, maybe you could consider my input :)

- mercs are needed by those who cannot afford to buy a second ship, so a reasonable price is in order. Maybe every merc could have his own price in the range let's say 5000-10000 for an x amount of game hours.

- is it possible to make them reply to your call, like the other ships you encounter? It would be cool to see their faces, even without the audio, just plain text.

:)

thanks man, I'll stay tuned.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Re: New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

Post by D_Zorro » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 13:20

LV wrote:

Sell This Station

All your stations will now have this option enabled in their command menu's

Once chosen the station will signal nearby traders and if one is interested you will be hailed with an offer for the station, If you accept the station will no longer be under your control!
[\quote]

A question about this though, will you lose the ships that are assigned to this station as homebase when you sell your station too???

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

metis
x3

Post by metis » Mon, 1. Aug 05, 17:20

can someone help me?realy eager to try this plug in but it is not working. I am running terradine 1.7 so i named the files in modefile cat5 etc. since i m allready using a mod. During i do have a choice in the AI settings to toggle hucking on or off,but it is set op off all the time. I have no console.

so i could use a little help:-(

thanx

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Re: New Plugin : Imperial Hacking Commands

Post by LV » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 00:45

D_Zorro wrote: A question about this though, will you lose the ships that are assigned to this station as homebase when you sell your station too???

DZorro,
Try it out ;)

You do not need to run this script via the mod option at all if the new 1.1 is still not working with terradine, it must be terradine causing it :)

FractalMBrown
x3

Post by FractalMBrown » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 04:03

The plugin works, and I've been trying out the ship hacking things. Here is my procedure: 1.) Be outside and use hacker command '2'. 2.) Contact station and request to dock. 3.) Dock manually, fly up to a promising ship, and target it. After waiting a bit, it says "Formation accepted", and I think that it was successful (because it normally says "Command Rejected" and I must re-try the procedure). After it says the formation has been joined/accepted/whatever, how do I switch ships? It doesn't show up as an owned ship, nor can I enter the ship using my spacesuit. Am I doing anything wrong?

DCZX
x3tc

Post by DCZX » Tue, 2. Aug 05, 06:15

Will this work with the SSG 0.2.7.e1 mod? I'm confused about the "no mod" tag? Does this mean it won't work when I select SSG as a mod in the startup?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”