[X3LU] Finished X3LU, what should I play next?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Koumi
x3ap

[X3LU] Finished X3LU, what should I play next?

Post by Koumi » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 00:57

I've recently finished X3 LU (https://imgur.com/a/B1ZBhqH), but I'm still craving for more. I've been reading the forum to look for more posts like this one: viewtopic.php?t=430778, but more updated with things like SWMayhem 2, Mayhem 3 getting more polished, and the Galaxy in Chaos mod for SWLU.

I personally don't want to touch either X4 or X3FL since I really REALLY like to make big armies. Before fighting OCV I had 36 Saturn Complex, 48 M7/M1/M2 and 600+ fighters, altough I realized later than that was overkill and that playing with 1 frame every 3 seconds is not fun.

So... what are the main differences between Mayhem 2, Mayhem 3, SWMayhem 2 and SWLU, and what do you guys recommend me to play next? I honestly feel like a little kid in a candy store with so many options

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: [X3LU] Finished X3LU, what should I play next?

Post by Omni-Orb » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 15:06

Mayhem 2 and mayhem 3 are VERY different mods. I'm trying a mayhem 2 playthrough now before starting on mayhem 3 then maybe zero hour.
I didn't play litcubes to the end yet although i want to. You could try mayhem 2 and 3 and read the encyclopedia to see more what they are.
I have thousands of hours in X3 and thousands of hours in X4 and yet these mods are interresting. They are all very different modes of the same game.
Credence follow stars.

Manawydn
x4

Re: [X3LU] Finished X3LU, what should I play next?

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 30. Oct 22, 21:20

Came here to say the same as PhotonPulse. Also try out the Star Wars variants, though, caveat is that they are older and show a few more cracks than the current build of Mayhem 3.21b

I would also recommend Zero-Hour by default, though I'm working on installing it as we speak so I don't have any direct experience. It is the "spiritual successor" to base-Mayhem 3.21b (and requires it)

SWM3 needs Mayhem 3.14d and won't run on later builds, still suffers from ship energy running out and some odd things here and there. Mostly noticable for in sector combat from what I see.

SWM2 kinda similar, likewise still suffers from laser energy easily being depleted, laser effects like knock-back which is generally unpopular.

That being said, both are great for their empire building, out of sector type stuff and really aren't bad considering LU contains the same draw-backs.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”