[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ProjectDanny

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.9a

Post by ProjectDanny » Thu, 29. Dec 22, 00:27

Hello I am stuck

So I did everything exactly as the instructions said when installing the game

My problem is when I start a new game I do not get a TL with an outpost inside its cargo.

Instead I get 1 ship from the questions where it asks if I'm a trader or a fighter and a scout ship with advanced satellite in it.

How can I even play the game when the game don't spawn me with a TL?

stardiis

Post by stardiis » Thu, 29. Dec 22, 06:38

aurelcourt wrote:
Wed, 28. Dec 22, 17:53
stardiis wrote:
Tue, 27. Dec 22, 11:41
1. In Ascension panel(ambition:Power), one of my Ascension Goals is Buy 1 police license. But I didn't find any police license seller in game. So the only way to get police license is get enough reputation of a faction?
2. How can I sell the ship I claimed before I set up my first outpost? I pick up some cargo ships, the maintenance is costly.
1 : from mod description in page 1
Police License reworked. You no longer buy it. It is automatically awarded at rank 6 and retracted if you drop below rank 6 or have any infamy. Also added notifiications.
2 : you can't sell ships, you'll have to support it until you can recycle it at your outpost once established, or get it killed somehow...
Thank you. :)

stardiis

Post by stardiis » Thu, 29. Dec 22, 06:40

ProjectDanny wrote:
Thu, 29. Dec 22, 00:27
Hello I am stuck

So I did everything exactly as the instructions said when installing the game

My problem is when I start a new game I do not get a TL with an outpost inside its cargo.

Instead I get 1 ship from the questions where it asks if I'm a trader or a fighter and a scout ship with advanced satellite in it.

How can I even play the game when the game don't spawn me with a TL?
The TL will be given to you, after you reach first Ascension goal.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 23:07

The game freezes at the certain date of game time (Flying 1-22-02, Date 768-05-02 22:02). I tried several saves, several times. I believe there is some event that can not start properly.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 09:14

Darkternal wrote:
Tue, 3. Jan 23, 23:07
The game freezes at the certain date of game time (Flying 1-22-02, Date 768-05-02 22:02). I tried several saves, several times. I believe there is some event that can not start properly.
Give the author a galaxy and a save file. How will he check this according to you .... :)

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 10:44

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 4. Jan 23, 09:14
Darkternal wrote:
Tue, 3. Jan 23, 23:07
Give the author a galaxy and a save file. How will he check this according to you .... :)
Hope the author have time to check it: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/B8neqb_Lc_EhsA

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 13:02

It seems there was a problem on my side. Fixed after reinstall the game.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 11:36

Found a bug with Architect: After placing Ore Mine it do nothig with other jobs, it continue scanning for jobs, order factories, but do not place them.

I reproduced this bug: https://disk.yandex.com/d/B8neqb_Lc_EhsA
X08.sav - before placing order to architect
X09.sav - after placing order to architect
X10.sav - architect stucked after placing ore mine

Sector: Danna's Chance

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 6. Jan 23, 15:17

Darkternal wrote:
Thu, 5. Jan 23, 11:36
Thanks! Good report. Fixed for next version.

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Sat, 7. Jan 23, 15:08

Hello,

I recently startet my first Zero Hour playtrough, after finishing my first LU-campagne.

After a quick look into the early game (it's not my cup of tea), I started as a boron with the quickstart on hard.
I am enjoying my time with the mod and I used the tutorial series as a rough guideline.

Some feedback:

Perhabs there are too many terran jump beacons. In 25 Sektors I found enough to put one jump beacon into each of my 10 starting sectors, which made pirates trivial. Building all facotries and outpost next to a jump beacon kept my freighters safe.

The Outpost perks are kind of boring. I have exactly 1 outpost without tax and no-food and 3 outposts without insurance. The tutorialseries undersells the no food perk in 2 ways. First you bind a lot of capital, when using traders for food transfer, which is quiet the issue in the early game. And secondly food isn't a 0-sum game in the long run, since neutral trading stations will buy the surplus.

Perhabs I did something wrong, but the station agents didn't work well. They spend a lot of time searching for jobs, even when they were assigned to only 1 ware with 3/6 on importing and exporting and putting all factories to 0% for import/export. I switched to couriers. They work so much better. Setting them up was pain.

I want to build a missile-based fleet that mostly consists of M8's and some M7M's and encountered some issues.
M8 don't seem to use their missile turrets, but instead act like normal ships. E.g. shooting 1 missile at a time every 5seconds, instead of using their 2 missile turrets. Will I encounter similar issues with m7m's?

The banshee-missile misses alot. It can even miss Xenon J's.

The other issue is that the ai won't shot at enemies that have less health than the missile does damage. Is there a way to change the behaviour from checking if target health>missile damage to target health+100k> missile damage? That way healthy fighters without shields get 2 missiles send after tham and fighters without much hull get 1 missile send after them. The current system makes M4's "immun" to most missiles, which seems weird.

Edit: Using the vanilla Fleet command: attack all enemies fixed my m8 issues for the most part, the banshee-missile is just terrible.

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Sat, 7. Jan 23, 20:51

I got an issue similar to Darkternal's, that my save freezes at a fixed ingame time. Reinstalling Zero hour did not help. The save07 is roughly 60seconds before the freeze. And save06 30ish minutes earlier.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ieck2s ... m_galaxies
https://www.mediafire.com/file/f7ict1dl ... 6.sav/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/outrrv2g ... 7.sav/file

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 08:48

Alexeiy wrote:
Sat, 7. Jan 23, 20:51
can't download multiple files (galaxy folder) without upgrading to premium

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 10:01

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 08:48
Alexeiy wrote:
Sat, 7. Jan 23, 20:51
can't download multiple files (galaxy folder) without upgrading to premium
Oh, I didn't know that.

I put the folder into a zip file. Thanks for looking into it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5i06mckb ... es.7z/file

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 10:47

Alexeiy wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 10:01
Got it, thanks.
But i cannot reproduce the bug. Tried save 07 two times now and successfully reached the 1-08:00 hour mark without freeze. Currently trying save 06. Will run them a few more times to make sure.

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 11:07

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 10:47
Alexeiy wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 10:01
Got it, thanks.
But i cannot reproduce the bug. Tried save 07 two times now and successfully reached the 1-08:00 hour mark without freeze. Currently trying save 06. Will run them a few more times to make sure.
Mhm, could you upload a save that is at the 1-7:45 mark? Perhabs this way I can just "skip" the freeze.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 11:58

Alexeiy wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 11:07
here you go. 5 min have passed.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SqGE3x ... sp=sharing

But there is definitely some installation issue. Its likely that you run into similar issues again. I'm not sure what went wrong.

Of course it could also be me who has made some mistake. Maybe a discrepancy between my installation and what i upload for the public. There don't seem to be many ZH players so errors like that could go unnoticed. Files could be missing or just be different on my system. But i feel like there would be a few more bugreports if this was the case. And i'm frequently doing reinstalls with the public version after each patch.
So i think the error is probably on your end. If you want to try again you should do the entire jazz with a complete reinstall on steam, unsubscribing from all bonus packs, etc. etc.

I feel like most people have a version of X3 that they zipped years ago and just assume that its 'clean' (no contact with any mods). I'm also using a zipped Mayhem 3 installation template and believe its clean. But i also kept the Litcube installers. If people keep reporting freezes i will do a clean reinstall myself.

First you could also try to delete the entire X3/addon/scripts folder before installing Mayhem 3 again and then ZH afterwards. Freezes are caused by scripts so get rid of all of them. Joubarbe included his entire scripts folder to the Mayhem 3 download so you should not be missing anything there.

Maybe i can come up with a solution to simplify the ZH installation process. Apparently things can go wrong at many levels. I would like to provide some easy 'all in one' version, but don't really know how and i would also need a ton of permissions from other modders to upload such a creation.

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 12:19

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 11:58
Alexeiy wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 11:07
here you go. 5 min have passed.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SqGE3x ... sp=sharing

But there is definitely some installation issue. Its likely that you run into similar issues again. I'm not sure what went wrong.

Of course it could also be me who has made some mistake. Maybe a discrepancy between my installation and what i upload for the public. There don't seem to be many ZH players so errors like that could go unnoticed. Files could be missing or just be different on my system. But i feel like there would be a few more bugreports if this was the case. And i'm frequently doing reinstalls with the public version after each patch.
So i think the error is probably on your end. If you want to try again you should do the entire jazz with a complete reinstall on steam, unsubscribing from all bonus packs, etc. etc.

I feel like most people have a version of X3 that they zipped years ago and just assume that its 'clean' (no contact with any mods). I'm also using a zipped Mayhem 3 installation template and believe its clean. But i also kept the Litcube installers. If people keep reporting freezes i will do a clean reinstall myself.

First you could also try to delete the entire X3/addon/scripts folder before installing Mayhem 3 again and then ZH afterwards. Freezes are caused by scripts so get rid of all of them. Joubarbe included his entire scripts folder to the Mayhem 3 download so you should not be missing anything there.

Maybe i can come up with a solution to simplify the ZH installation process. Apparently things can go wrong at many levels. I would like to provide some easy 'all in one' version, but don't really know how and i would also need a ton of permissions from other modders to upload such a creation.
Thank you very much, the save seems to work.

I agree that it is probably an issue on my end. I will reinstall X3 via steam and delete the script folder should I encounter the same issue again, since that's the thing I didn't do previously.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 13:35

I recently changed my computer and wanted to do a full reinstall as you're mentioning, but I couldn't download the LitCube parts... I had to revert to a personal saved copy of these files. Did anyone check that lately?

Also @Hector just want to show some appreciation for the work you're doing, I love the way it makes the game an actual management/strategy game, with a real polish layer on all the tedious micro-management bits...

If you could do all that with X4... I'm sure the audience would be in the 1000s or more ! 😜😀

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 14:48

aurelcourt wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 13:35
Also @Hector just want to show some appreciation for the work you're doing, I love the way it makes the game an actual management/strategy game, with a real polish layer on all the tedious micro-management bits...

If you could do all that with X4... I'm sure the audience would be in the 1000s or more ! 😜😀
Thanks!

Not long ago i actually did some research about how X4 modding works. Its very different but i think i got the idea of the basics. What Mission Director scripts can do vs. AI scripts, what xml patching is, etc. One day i will try my luck.
My biggest hurdle is that i don't have a programming background. X3 has this external script editor (X-Studio) which was rather easy to learn because i could study Joubarbe's work very well.

Funnily enough X4 is pretty close to a dream X-game in my opinion. It already has good core systems. No cheating in the ship and station construction process for example. Or fleets which are already able to wait at a staging point behind the jumpgate until they reach a certain strength instead of just rushing in to die. Or sector capture and ownership mechanics already being part of the vanilla game.
As i see it update 6.0 will even add good fleet AI because Egosoft literally hired one of the modders of the most advanced AI mod to date (KUDA AI tweaks)

Only the faction relations are way too static and story driven for my taste. There is a dynamic relations mod but it doesn't really work. The layout of the galaxy is just not made for it.
X4 needs some solid overhaul mod which removes the story content and allows more extreme changes to happen in the sandbox. We don't need civil wars and 2 subfactions for each species with a story plot to side with either of them. Its not interesting because the faction wars always play out the same and depend too much on player actions (story).

What we need is a procedural map with interesting resource locations and only 1 faction per species. Let them fight dynamic wars over these resource fields. Let them wipe each other out and form dynamic alliances based on faction strength. Give them strategic AI which can play more defensive when resource levels start to drop in their shipyard. Have them actively replace useless production modules with the needed ones to fix these shortages. Then just throw some neutral traders/factories + Pirates/Xenon/Khaak into the mix. Add a few rules how the early game protection for the player empire works until he can also be attacked in the dynamic war, but provide a way to end wars with a treaty after a while. Then you already got your dream X4 game which works very similar to Mayhem 3. Its frustrating that after 4 years nobody has removed story plots yet and restructured the X4 galaxy into more of a sandbox like Litcube did for X3.

Right now i'm about to force myself into some X downtime. Its fun and all, but i notice that last year i spent way too much time with X3. After the next patch there will only be bugfixing support for at least a few months.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Sun, 8. Jan 23, 16:10

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 8. Jan 23, 14:48

Right now i'm about to force myself into some X downtime. Its fun and all, but i notice that last year i spent way too much time with X3. After the next patch there will only be bugfixing support for at least a few months.
And you're a 100% right about that 😀
Patch 10 looks amazing already, you've really added your touch quite thoroughly over X3, and we thank you for that !

Maybe you'll try your luck for X5 in a couple of years 😏

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”