[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Riukus

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.10a

Post by Riukus » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 02:32

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Mon, 3. Apr 23, 02:11
Put this in your \Mayhem 3\Addon\Scripts\ folder.
OCV Hack
Thanks, but I get an error then trying open your link. For some reason it not work for me.

I will go with good old Mayhem 2 tomorrow. It have jumpdrive, abuility to disable OCV and bigger battles in general. I already spend a few hours in game and no decent AI fights so far. I think simulation of economy not worth the fun big space battles. I should not trying to adapt to mod what I not realy like and play fun for me version. I will only miss your galaxy generator. In Mayhem 2 I will need to use import and export to do editing in world manually.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 06:50

The link works fine, but I've changed it to a zip file to see if that works better for you.
It sounds like you love Mayhem 2. That's great. You stay on Mayhem 2. Mayhem 2 was very fun; until I wanted more.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Riukus

Post by Riukus » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 10:48

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Mon, 3. Apr 23, 06:50
The link works fine, but I've changed it to a zip file to see if that works better for you.
It sounds like you love Mayhem 2. That's great. You stay on Mayhem 2. Mayhem 2 was very fun; until I wanted more.
Now it works. I get 404 yesterday then I tried it first. I will save it and use if I will play ZH again. Thanks!

Yeah, Mayhem 2 was one of the best experience of all X games. It was possible to encounter capital battles from the beginning. In my yesterday game even if I pregenerate hot spot with xenons and a few race in war nothing really happens for hours. Biggest battle was like M6 and a few M3 vs half a dozen M3. And I was unable to watch it ever because no jumpdrive available.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 14:50

I added the beta addon and one thing I noticed is mercenaries turning enemy easy and then stuck as enemy for a long time.
I killed a bunch I hired and then for next hour so far every mercenary is an enemy and still waiting for them to stop being enemies.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Been getting ID 104 error in 9973 file with my save game, replacing 9973 file didnt do anything. Which doesn't exist in the file. Maybe this is what is causing mercenaries to go crazy.
But when I started a new game there was no error.... I didn't know this was possible to have a save game cause problems with a T file.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 17:34

Joelnh wrote:
Tue, 4. Apr 23, 14:50
Been getting ID 104 error in 9973 file with

OOPS.. Yea.. you need the 9973 file. I forgot to include it. Lame.
That file has all the switches to enable/disable much of this.
I added a link to it back in the original post. Sorry man.

Also note, nothing in this pre-beta will affect "mercenaries turning enemy easy and then stuck as enemy for a long time.". The only effect of the changes I made for mercs were strictly for the hire and maintain costs when you have the perk. Nothing was changed in any of the logic involving mercs turning enemy. Anyway, put in the updated 9973 and give it another shot.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 6. Apr 23, 17:45

Thank you, that fixed the problem!

Are you going to expand the Orbital's and defense fighters beyond what is there currently or have that as an option in 9973 file ?

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Fri, 7. Apr 23, 00:27

Joelnh wrote:
Thu, 6. Apr 23, 17:45
Are you going to expand the Orbital's and defense fighters beyond what is there currently or have that as an option in 9973 file ?
I'm looking for feedback from people.
I have been looking at the possibility of restricting OWP's to 1 per system, as I don't want it to be an overpowered turtle feature, but I could let it go as-is. I'm also thinking I made OWP's too cheap, so I may increase the build requirements a little.

When you say "expand", if you are referring to strictly the Number of allowed OWP's and defense fighters, I could probably allow that to be changed in the 9973 if people really want that.
It's a bit of a pain to add stuff to the configuration, but we'll see what the feedback is, if any.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 7. Apr 23, 13:20

I haven't used the OWP's yet, but fighters die easily since pirates rarely come solo.

Was defend position removed? Or maybe I am just not seeing it.
That came in handy to prevent slow ships from chasing faster ones across a sector.
That's one reason I liked Lasertowers and OWP, OWP are tough and LT seem a bit weak and no way to replenish.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Fri, 7. Apr 23, 14:55

Joelnh wrote:
Fri, 7. Apr 23, 13:20
I haven't used the OWP's yet, but fighters die easily since pirates rarely come solo.
That came in handy to prevent slow ships from chasing faster ones across a sector.
That's one reason I liked Lasertowers and OWP, OWP are tough and LT seem a bit weak and no way to replenish.
The defense fighters perk is just 2-4 "civilian" fighters that the locals scrapped together and not supposed to be a strong military force. They are better than a sharp stick in the eye though.
Defend Position was removed long ago. I think Joubarbe took it out, but not sure. I miss it too. I'm researching putting it back in there, but it appears a lot of the code has changed that it used to utilize.
The OWP available in this new feature is a Medium sized one and fairly tough. It can certainly die though and once they are all used up, they are not replenished.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 15:40

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Fri, 7. Apr 23, 14:55
Joelnh wrote:
Fri, 7. Apr 23, 13:20
The defense fighters perk is just 2-4 "civilian" fighters that the locals scrapped together and not supposed to be a strong military force. They are better than a sharp stick in the eye though.
Defend Position was removed long ago. I think Joubarbe took it out, but not sure. I miss it too. I'm researching putting it back in there, but it appears a lot of the code has changed that it used to utilize.
The OWP available in this new feature is a Medium sized one and fairly tough. It can certainly die though and once they are all used up, they are not replenished.
Yea makes sense, and having a way to upgrade it to a real defense force would probably be too much coding.
Maybe a tweak to the mercenaries, there was a addon that I liked using that let you hire security companies.
There was several and all had different tactics and expenses, similiar to the one Joubarbe did long ago.

found it, security services
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=255136

a workaround for the defend position right now is to drop jump beacon near where you want protected and assign a ship to protect it.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 20:55

I'll let Hector0x make any actual changes to the mercenaries and logic behind them. Its pretty intense and I don't want to muck it up.
Changing the costs, via a perk was an extremely easy insertion with little programming risk.

I am currently adding back the "Defend Position" command, although greatly simplified from what it used to be. I found it had been disabled but a lot of the code it referenced had been changed over time, so it wasn't a simple matter of re-enabling it. I went back to Mayhem 2 to see how it worked there, and used that as a starting point, but I also took out a lot of the wonky crazed stuff I saw in there that I didn't want to repeat. it was doing something like docking every 30 minutes to refuel?? and doing something weird if it was a Pirate sector... bahhh. I just want it to guard a 10km range at a spot, and not leave the sector and not wander off for stupid reasons like it seemed to do.

So.. while your station may be burning into rubble and your citizens children are melting under laser fire in that very same system, your ship with this command active will faithfully hold it's ground and let them die, and engage ONLY things that enter it's defensive radius.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 10. Apr 23, 13:18

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Sun, 9. Apr 23, 20:55
I'll let Hector0x make any actual changes to the mercenaries and logic behind them. Its pretty intense and I don't want to muck it up.
Changing the costs, via a perk was an extremely easy insertion with little programming risk.

I am currently adding back the "Defend Position" command, although greatly simplified from what it used to be. I found it had been disabled but a lot of the code it referenced had been changed over time, so it wasn't a simple matter of re-enabling it. I went back to Mayhem 2 to see how it worked there, and used that as a starting point, but I also took out a lot of the wonky crazed stuff I saw in there that I didn't want to repeat. it was doing something like docking every 30 minutes to refuel?? and doing something weird if it was a Pirate sector... bahhh. I just want it to guard a 10km range at a spot, and not leave the sector and not wander off for stupid reasons like it seemed to do.

So.. while your station may be burning into rubble and your citizens children are melting under laser fire in that very same system, your ship with this command active will faithfully hold it's ground and let them die, and engage ONLY things that enter it's defensive radius.
Like good little soldiers watching Rome burn from the safety of their watchtower.
cool, 10km should be enough to blockade a gate.

Ashakar
x3ap

Post by Ashakar » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 21:54

@Hairless-Ape, I responded to your PMs, but it looks like my responses never made it to you (they are just sitting in my outbox and sent box), so here's a few files I've changed and a description of what the changes do. The files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dhMVLD ... share_link feel free to incorporate them, or take a look at the differences for your next roll-out. Due to the change in the turret script, It's highly recommended to start a new game.

-changed the turret script to support firing of turrets with lasers having greater than 10km range. I've also extended and adjusted the speed/ranges of a lot of weapons so that your cap ships can engage each other at meaningful distances, but don't have much chance of hitting smaller faster targets. With my current weapons setup, ranges kinda go in 5km brackets, so weapons designed to hit fighters have around 5km range and are fast, while M2 weapons have around 20km range and are quite slow. A tbullets and tweapons that I've been using are included, but that's sorta just for testing and is in no way balanced at this point.

-modified the fleet following behavior so that ships will now enter the selected formation of your commander. This ends up preventing quite a lot of collisions as larger ships keep a much wider berth when in formation. They will break formation when enemies enter the scanning range and will engage targets. They will re-enter formation once no more targets are left in scanning range.

-fixed the resupply ships following too closely (which keeps collisions down. I simply limited his follow range to slightly below the max transport range. You can now be in sector and he can get his job done without ramming everything. This also speeds up resupply, but that could be controlled by changing the script wait times if you think it's too fast. I also extended the transport teleport range for my game, but its not really necessary. The value can be found in types/globals if you want to change it.

Replacing the turret script mid game can cause issues, but seems to be smooth with a new game. If you replace midgame its advised to run the mayhem.debug.resetshipturrets scripts (not sure if this works correctly though). The current version has gone through 2 days/nights running with no issues and multiple battles consisting of hundreds of ships with a new game.

I'm still messing around with other things and want to really get into making the lasers more visually and racially unique. I finally got it figured out how to change the actual projectile sizes so that big guns from big ships look more impressive. I've also experimented with moving main guns for ships to turrets (since the AI has lots of issues making use of main guns). I've also been experimenting with adding missile turrets, so you can have more unique hybrid ships that's have a mix of missiles/lasers.

Another one of my goals once I figure out more of the menu setups is to be able to better configure the formations and roles of fleet members. Essentially where a fleet has a leader, and then you can setup sub-groups/leaders with their own followers and priority targeting. That and followers assigned to the subleaders will be in the chosen formation of the subleader, instead of all the ships making one giant formation based on only the fleet leader.

As for your original inquiry about the outposts and docks. I just felt that only having 4 huge docks, limited my ability to repair and resupply my fleets that consisted of more than 3 huge ships (since my resupply ship would also usually be taking a spot). It was more of a QoL thing for me to go to a 9 huge docks station since I like to have a mix of an M2, a M1 and some M7s and went sent home they would all just fly around the outpost like fools. There is also an 18 huge dock version, but I think that's a little overkill, but some crazy upgrade path to go to 9 docks, then 18 docks with potentially expanded population and specialization would make for a great military fleet/shipyard. Would also help make use of excess resources later in a campaign, especially if the upgrade took a few Mill in credits and 100-250k of some outpost/ship resources to upgrade. This of course is just an idea, I'm happy just using the 9 huge dock model right now.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 14:55

ZH 2.0 - Partial Beta 4 (updated 7-1-23)

Updated this on 7/6/23 to include information on the new feature which will allow you to globally adjust key Weapons and Ship statistics, allowing for some very interesting game variations.
Working in conjunction with Hector0x, I will be providing a small subset of new features for his 2.0 release this summer.
If you are interested, please download the following and apply to your installation. Most likely a new game will be required for some of this stuff.
If you have suggestions to improve any of the features or find bugs, I'd appreciate those in a private message.
Not all of these have been approved by Hector0x yet, so no guarantees, but he has seen most of this list and most of it will likely be in there.
Note, that several of these features are under switches in the 9973-L044.xml file so you can turn those off if you want. Several are off by default in the ZH 2.0 release.

Download here:
-extract this to your \Mayhem 3\Addon\Scripts\ folder.
Subcommander Ape's Early Features

Note: Move the 9973-L044.xml file located in the zip into your \Mayhem 3\Addon\t\ folder.

Here is the current list:
  • New Play Customization Feature: The MAP editor is being modified for the ZH 2.0 release to provide a feature allowing you to make global changes to key Weapons stats, key Ship stats, or Race specific ship stats with one single click. This will allow you to enact limited random variation in your games without having to understand the technicalities of the AP modding tools. Because it can work on all weapons, or all ships, it also means you don't have to edit any individual stats one at a time. With 1 click, you can randomize all weapons or all ship stats by +/- 20%, or you can specifically lower or raise all ship stats for a given Race, allowing you to either handicap or enhance a particular races ships. You can also simply restore the defaults when you want to with one click. While not relevant to map editing, this was a convenient place to add the new customization feature for the ZH 2.0 release.
  • New "Mercenary Hub" perk; You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. When activated, mercs you hire in THAT system are half price along with their maintenance costs. Unfortunately, any pirate bases that spawn pirates in that same system will spawn larger fleets.
  • New "Fighter Support" perk. The outpost residents will slowly acquire a small defense force to help protect that system only. These are free to the player, except for their maintenance cost, and are replaced over time by the outpost residents if any are destroyed. The rate at which these are "acquired" depends on outpost population. This perk provides some minimal protection for those 'out of the way' outposts you put up, and also go a long way to reduce player micromanagement to defend against small incursions. The max number of fighters it can possibly generate is now configurable in the 9973.
  • Fixed Looters. These were fairly broken and would endlessly search, pick up one tiny item and then go home and start a long search from scratch. Vastly improved loop efficiency, fixed a show-stopper bug, and improved logic so that looters will attempt to accumulate a bit of loot across multiple systems before slow-boating back home to unload it.
  • Allow explorers to base at any station; Removed artificial requirement for explorers to be based solely out of adv sat factories.
  • Allow Quantum Tubes to be traded/sold at trading stations; Provides an alternate play-style where you can focus more on using cash to buy some ship resources rather than having to manage all those additional factories needed to get QT's.
  • Fixed and enhanced "Carrier Fleet Fighters".
    Note: "Carrier Fleet Fighters" are defined as fighters assigned to a fleet having a Carrier as the fleet commander, but not home-based at that carrier (those would be "Support Fighters" and have different odd logic).
    1. Carrier fighters would repeatedly dock and undock at the carrier in a random manner, causing traffic jams, interrupting repair cycles, adding collisions and totally ignoring the fact that their fleet was under attack or that there were enemies nearby. This behavior has been fixed solely for "Carrier Fleet Fighters". Support fighters will remain unaffected as that's an ugly can of worms.
    2. Greatly enhanced the ability to use "Carrier Fleet Fighters" to properly project a Carrier's power as it's primary force.
    "Carrier Fleet Fighters" will now properly engage the carrier's targets "at range", regardless of target type, and will not suffer from the random untimely docking and disengagement bug. These fighters are considered an extension of a Carrier's weapons and are not really fleet followers and will engage the carriers' target regardless of fleet settings.
    This represents a vast improvement to using carriers and while it needs some testing, it seems to work SO much better than before:)
    3. Carrier Fleet fighters with hull damage > 50% will attempt to stay docked at a carrier equipped with a carrier repair module unless enemy targets are within 3k of the carrier. This allows them to minimally repair before reengaging.
  • A new command has been added to "Drop Station At", which allows you to select a destination sector and location.
  • Auto-Hide & Join new Fleet members; Now, when you manually add a ship to a fleet it is automatically hidden from the overview and commanded to join the fleet. This has been adjusted to only auto-hide once for a ship, allowing you to later make that ship visible in the overview without it being auto-hidden again and again. This is a limited but decent workaround as there is no event handler available in the X3 engine to hook into for when you add a ship to a fleet.
  • Miners no collisions; Sets the NO COLLISIONS flag on player miners, preventing them from killing themselves all the time bouncing off debris when you're in system.
  • Fleet Attack-All command increased range and Number of targets; Ever find yourself having to repeat an attack-all command for a fleet because it just sort of stops.. This will help.
  • Adjustable default distance for station agents; Mayhem 3 defaults to 8 jumps max for your outpost agents to trade with your other outposts. Sometimes it's not enough and they sit and do nothing. Now you can change this in the 9973 configuration file.
  • Reduced Delays that slow down your outpost agents servicing jobs; Removed some unnecessary delays here. Jobs should be reviewed and serviced more rapidly.
  • Conditional Production of up to 4 Medium Orbital Weapons Platforms for the player empire. Built similar to how you build a jump beacon. Deployed only in that system, and limited to 4 per empire total, regardless of how many might have been destroyed. Firing on these is limited to turrets only with a 5k max range and 20 rounds/minute fixed rate. These provide a fun and interesting fixed defensive emplacement option. The max number of OWP's is now configurable in the 9973.
  • Automatic recovery of player owned ships accidentally destroyed due to "in system" collisions with your other player-owned ships. It won't save your own ship, but if you are in a carrier and you run over one of your poor helpless support fighters, it will just pop back into existence.
  • New Quick Trade option to maintain outpost funds at $1000. Sometimes you just want to divert all that tax income to your player account.
  • Added back simplified Defend Position command. This had been removed some time ago and did some wonky stuff even then. It's back, but now a bit simpler. It won't abandon it's post to go chasing stuff into other sectors or try to refuel at a station anymore. Your cities can burn, but it will stand it's post.

! Enjoy !
Last edited by Hairless-Ape on Sat, 8. Jul 23, 13:55, edited 23 times in total.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 09:07

Hello everyone,
i tried your version of joubarbes Mayhem and i find it really interesting. I just saw a flaw, that i dont know how to fix. I dont want races to be able to conquer unknown sectors that are behind my own ones (e.g. x-x-x-y, where y is my sector and x are unknown ones). They already start strong, and i want to have my own bulked territory. Is it possible to prevent the races from doing that?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 12:04

Retrox wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 09:07
I dont want races to be able to conquer unknown sectors that are behind my own ones (e.g. x-x-x-y, where y is my sector and x are unknown ones). They already start strong, and i want to have my own bulked territory. Is it possible to prevent the races from doing that?
no, your sectors cannot block them anymore. NPCs fly through your territory. Usually you should have enough time to plop a few factories or the starter research station down to get enough starting sectors.

But at least your sectors protect adjacent sectors with a zone of control. Like putting a soft claim around your territory. Friendly factions will probably respect this and leave these sectors empty for longer. The chance that they ignore it can be tweaked with a the setting in addon/t/9973-L044.xml

Code: Select all

<t id="56">20</t> <!-- base chance in per thousand to ignore player zone of control over adjacent unknown sectors even when player has no infamy, checked on each claim attempt by any squadron. (default 20, which is 2%) -->
having infamy always adds a flat 15% chance to this, plus 1% for each infamy point. So whenever a Battlegroup tries to claim a sector in your zone of control they have to pass this chance. Small factions who are desperate to get more sectors will have more attempts because they also send Task Forces to claim unknown sectors.

difficulty:
Easy = AI can only claim sectors adjacent to you if they pass this chance from the t-file, but when you have no infamy the chance is always zero, so zone of control works all the time
Normal = uses chance from the t-file
Hard = zone of control gets ignored. The AI can claim adjacent empty sectors unrestricted after you have claimed your first sector. And they can send fast explorers to claim empty sectors.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 20:14

I solved my problem with just loading an earlier save and mass producing outposts. Unfortunately, it seems that that save is now prone to crashing. I used the biggest galaxy size and i fear the game comes to the RAM-limitations of 32bit. Its just not respondable after some time, after i load my safe. Most of the unknown sectors are now conquered and i fear its to much for the game engine. I started a new game with a smaller size (the middle one). Lets hope that one will go better.

edit: here is the link for the savegame, maybe it can help you find what is causing this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f8iinJ ... sp=sharing
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 15:45

Updated ZH 2.0 - Partial Beta 2. See above. Again.
Last edited by Hairless-Ape on Fri, 28. Apr 23, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Notos60
x3ap

Post by Notos60 » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 21:38

Love the mod changes so far. However I keep getting spammed to fix relations by the pirates. How do I stop this. It is every few mins, sometimes very frequently when in station settings menu.

It could also potentially screw the player over if you hit enter as it pops up, I would have lost everything if it wasn't extremely expensive.

archelf33
x2

Post by archelf33 » Sun, 7. May 23, 20:40

Hi there, recently I updated the game with this new update, ZH 2.0 - Partial Beta 4 (updated 4-29-23) and after about 15 hours of game time; SETA included, I have run into a crash. Not sure what might be causing it but it's repeatable and crashes within a few minutes of loading my most recent save. I did notice that a Khaak Raid spawns soon after loading and within minutes the game crashes. Wish I could do more but the game completely hangs and I don't get to see any error messages and I am not aware of any crash log files.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”