[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ysengrin
x3

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.0

Post by Ysengrin » Sat, 28. Oct 23, 17:05

Awesome ! :)

... and tomorrow Ieave home and computer for one week and cannot play ! :evil: :lol:

Edna
x4

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.0b

Post by Edna » Tue, 31. Oct 23, 14:12

Welp, after 120 hours of X4's horrible AI, I am looking forward to see something fleshed out again!

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Tue, 31. Oct 23, 20:30

Hello all,
first of all thank you very much for this great MOD.

Now to my problem:
Is there possibly an error in the setting of a logistics order? If you want to send goods from one outpost to another (as a permanent order), you cannot specify a limit for the destination from when the order should be executed. The value "0" cannot be changed. This means the value that must be undercut at the destination for the execution to take place.

In the older version this was possible. However, since it's been a while since I played this one, I don't want to rule out a user error.

PS: I apologize for the bad English.

Greetings Krebbl

Edit:
Its a user error. There ist no Problem^^

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Thu, 2. Nov 23, 01:54

I have a question about ore production. Is it correct that there are only 2 units per cycle?
Shouldn't it rather be 20 units per cycle? (forgetting the "0"?)

Currently it is better to buy ore instead of producing it yourself or how do you do it?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 2. Nov 23, 16:13

Krebbl wrote:
Thu, 2. Nov 23, 01:54
I have a question about ore production. Is it correct that there are only 2 units per cycle?
Shouldn't it rather be 20 units per cycle? (forgetting the "0"?)

Currently it is better to buy ore instead of producing it yourself or how do you do it?
sorry i can't reproduce this. If asteroid yield is 50+ i get 60 Ore per cycle. If yield is less than 50 i get 30.

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Thu, 2. Nov 23, 17:49

Hmm... So I built a total of 3 mines, because at the beginning I even thought I might have chosen the wrong one. However, each mine has a value of over 100.

The problem also exists with silicon, here even with only 1 unit per cycle.

Could this have something to do with the fact that I copied the new 2 version of Zero Hour into the old 1.xx version?

I didn't reinstall everything, but simply copied the data from the new version into the folder and replaced everything.

Edit:
I once used a mine with a value of less than 100, but the same problem here too.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 2. Nov 23, 18:13

Give the author a galaxy and a save. Why show everything on your fingers... :?

Fiatil
x3

Post by Fiatil » Thu, 2. Nov 23, 20:51

The changes in 2.0 look amazing! Thanks for putting so much work into this.

I started my first Mayhem 3/Zero Hour run a couple of weeks ago, and it's been a blast! I finally pumped out my first M2 and am starting to make some progress, so I maaay try to hold out on starting a new save for 2.0 now and keep going with what I have.

But the changelog doesn't make it easy! Some really good stuff in there that I'm excited to try out.

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Thu, 2. Nov 23, 23:36

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 2. Nov 23, 18:13
Give the author a galaxy and a save. Why show everything on your fingers... :?
I have reinstalled everything to see if this is the problem. Unfortunately, I only saved the save, but not the map. I had assumed that this would also be saved with the save. (I was proven wrong)

So restart^^

I'll report back here as soon as I'm able to build a mine again.

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Fri, 3. Nov 23, 21:59

I reinstalled Litcube's Universe, Mayhem 3 and Zero Hour and did a test. However, the error still exists.

Save + Map:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ouz8yhm3 ... ggaje&dl=0

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 08:09

Krebbl wrote:
Fri, 3. Nov 23, 21:59
Save + Map:
link leads to some shady looking 'X3-ZH2.exe' :roll:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 09:20

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 08:09
Krebbl wrote:
Save + Map:
This is a self-extracting RAR archive. I checked it with Kaspersky just in case. It contains save files and a galaxy.

https://transfiles.ru/f5sho

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 12:12

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 08:09
Krebbl wrote:
Save + Map:
This is the first time that I have made a file available for download on the Internet.
As "alexalsp" says, it's a self-extracting RAR file.

Just tried to share a folder but get an error message:
"The following files are not supported by Dropbox and cannot be uploaded: WareTemplate.xml, jobs.txt"

If you can show me another option, I'll be happy to try it this way.

Edit:
Here only as RAR file.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2r2tsr4z ... 793e2&dl=0

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 12:30

I am very happy!

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 14:06

I'm currently doing a hacking run, just to compare it with a research run. One Outpost only, so I never get overpowered.

I love the costs for the OWP. Making a black crystal required makes that so much more interesting, really. I wonder if the colored minerals can get incorporated in such things, too, to diversify the requirements for things.

Just out of curiousity, if I manage to oxygen-hack two ships of the same class and recycle both of them, does that mean I only get the 75% blueprint research boost once or will the second recycling fully unlock the blueprint?

Also, what I was wondering regarding the hacking: Several actions can cause ports to get closed. Will the player be able to open them again at some point? I was wondering because if not, hacking becomes increasingly impossible once you start getting caught. (Of course that would just mean one thing: Don't get caught!). Especially the quickhacks seem like a thing I would never dare to do in that case, since that would eliminate stuff big time.

I could imagine the Yaki and the Pirates could offer an extremely expensive service to randomize the port statuses on all ships to give hacking a certain longevity, an expensive second chance. Maybe not for credits but for rare minerals! Although, by the time that becomes relevant, I would imagine all pirate bases have gotten destroyed already. Image

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 14:30

Krebbl wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 12:12
Got it. Wasn't aware that a self extracting archive is a thing. Definitely prefer the normal version.

I can confirm the faulty production rate on your Ore mine. Problem is that i'm not sure why its so low. When i build new Ore mines on the asteroids with yield 17 and yield 93 both end up with correct production rate.
I'm unable to read out what the yield was for the asteroid with the buggy mine.

But then i stumbled on your comment from before:
Krebbl wrote:
Thu, 2. Nov 23, 17:49
Hmm... So I built a total of 3 mines, because at the beginning I even thought I might have chosen the wrong one. However, each mine has a value of over 100.
Did you get mineral yields over 100? This shouldn't happen (never saw more than about 95 yield). But you also wrote that mines break with yields of less than 100.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 14:43

Edna wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 14:06
Just out of curiousity, if I manage to oxygen-hack two ships of the same class and recycle both of them, does that mean I only get the 75% blueprint research boost once or will the second recycling fully unlock the blueprint?
Recycling only gives you the first 75% of a ship blueprint. Once you have 75% you will not get any more from recycling. The last 25% must get unlocked with a research station.

Edna wrote:
Also, what I was wondering regarding the hacking: Several actions can cause ports to get closed. Will the player be able to open them again at some point?
This already happens naturally. Ships receive software updates which reroll all ports for that ship line. This erases your port info on those ships and removes your completed port research for them. But it also introduces new bugs that you can attack. Represented by removeing the patch from ports where you got caught before.
Those software updates are pretty rare though. If you are waiting for a specific ship type to unlock again expect multiple days. In the meantime its better to switch over to other types.

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 16:11

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 14:30
Krebbl wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 12:12
Got it. Wasn't aware that a self extracting archive is a thing. Definitely prefer the normal version.

I can confirm the faulty production rate on your Ore mine. Problem is that i'm not sure why its so low. When i build new Ore mines on the asteroids with yield 17 and yield 93 both end up with correct production rate.
I'm unable to read out what the yield was for the asteroid with the buggy mine.

But then i stumbled on your comment from before:
Krebbl wrote:
Thu, 2. Nov 23, 17:49
Did you get mineral yields over 100? This shouldn't happen (never saw more than about 95 yield). But you also wrote that mines break with yields of less than 100.
The mine was an ore field with 98/99.
I continued to play the map and found an ore field with a value above 100. This is in the Hollow Infinity sector. (Screenshot enclosed)

I created the map with the default settings.
Since I had reinstalled everything, I don't know exactly where the error came from. I only copied the profile so that I don't have to enter the whole control system again.

Here is the map and save as well as a screenshot of an ore field with over 100 (114 in sector Hollow Infinity).
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4c2ppj5i ... rb5tv&dl=0

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 17:20

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 14:43
Edna wrote:
Also, what I was wondering regarding the hacking: Several actions can cause ports to get closed. Will the player be able to open them again at some point?
This already happens naturally. Ships receive software updates which reroll all ports for that ship line. This erases your port info on those ships and removes your completed port research for them. But it also introduces new bugs that you can attack. Represented by removeing the patch from ports where you got caught before.
Those software updates are pretty rare though. If you are waiting for a specific ship type to unlock again expect multiple days. In the meantime its better to switch over to other types.
Oh, that's awesome!

I am enjoying 2.0 very much right now. I'm really hyped that I can build OWPs again. The Fortress perk seems really awesome, too!

Thanks so much for all the effort. Who would have known we'd be end up playing the mod of a mod of a mod of a game from many years ago!

Yes, I do enjoy playing X3 Albion Prelude: Litcube's Universe - Mayhem 3: Zero Hour 2.0!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 5. Nov 23, 08:42

Krebbl wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 16:11
Here is the map and save as well as a screenshot of an ore field with over 100 (114 in sector Hollow Infinity).
ok i've built an Ore Mine on this 114 yield asteroid in Hollow Infinity and turned out fine (60 products per cycle).
I need a savegame right before you build a mine which is buggy. Thats the only way to rule out that our installations differ in some way. I've tried various asteroids in your savegame and could not reproduce a buggy mine. Even the 17 yield asteroid in your sector had 20 products per cycle.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”