[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Krebbl

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.0b

Post by Krebbl » Sun, 5. Nov 23, 14:02

Hector0x wrote:
Sun, 5. Nov 23, 08:42
Krebbl wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 16:11
Here is the map and save as well as a screenshot of an ore field with over 100 (114 in sector Hollow Infinity).
ok i've built an Ore Mine on this 114 yield asteroid in Hollow Infinity and turned out fine (60 products per cycle).
I need a savegame right before you build a mine which is buggy. Thats the only way to rule out that our installations differ in some way. I've tried various asteroids in your savegame and could not reproduce a buggy mine. Even the 17 yield asteroid in your sector had 20 products per cycle.
Ok, so I now have two saves (X01. before and X02. after).
I wanted to set an ore mine to ASWM-35 with a value of 93 (screenshot 1+2).
Production is still at 2 units per cycle (screenshot 3).

What I have now noticed is that my mine has not been placed there. The asteroid still exists and my mine was probably placed somewhere (screenshot 4+5).

Explanation screenshot 4:
1. old mine
2. desired asteroid
3. new mine placed

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hdvmpq0j ... j779m&dl=0

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 5. Nov 23, 17:34

Krebbl wrote:
Sun, 5. Nov 23, 14:02
when i build your mine on the same asteroid it works correctly. That means we are somehow using different gamefiles. I think your installation is faulty because the mod seems to be working for at least half a dozen other players over at the SWLU Discord.

Please delete everything in: X3/addon/scripts/ and afterwards copy the Zero Hour gamefiles in there again. Thats the only way to ensure that you are not using old third party scripts which are somehow interfering with the station building process. Once you have done that try to build the mine again. In any case i would advise to start a new game because if other mods were active they probably damaged your savegame in multiple ways.

It would be nice if someone else could try his savegame and check if they can build the Ore mine on the 93 yield asteroid so that it produces 60 Ore per minute.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 5. Nov 23, 22:10

I tried the save file. Loaded without any problems.
I tried to build a mine using the Cheat menu. Gives 4 per cycle.
Loaded into my new galaxy. I also built a station using the Cheat menu. Gives 4 per cycle.

All files are latest and match md5

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 6. Nov 23, 05:26

Thanks but the mine has to be built from his TL. Mayhem builds stations with a unique script. Cheat menu won't cut it.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 6. Nov 23, 14:12

In general, I checked everything again...))) I need to sleep more, and not sit near the computer until the morning...
I was looking at the wrong indicators)))
So:
- Loaded the save file on the map from Krebbl, no problem. The mines give - 2 goods per cycle.
- I also built a new mine, the architect placed it on an asteroid, it gives 60 per cycle.
- Everything is correct in the new game too.

But I noticed that if you give TL orders manually, then according to point 1 the mine gives 60 per cycle, and according to point - the mine gives 2 per cycle.
Spoiler
Show
In the game he does not have an architect assigned. But if you place mines manually (2), they are not placed correctly and give 2 per cycle.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 6. Nov 23, 16:26

Thanks! I was completely blind about the insane amount of different ways to build stations.

Careful guys! Mining stations are currently getting buggy low yields if you place them using any of the following 2 commands:
1) Special Cmd > Drop Station
2) Special Cmd > Drop Station at Position

These 3 methods here will work correctly:
3) when being in the same sector as your TL > clicking on the Ore mine inside his cargobay and then selecting 'Build at...'
4) Special Cmd > 'Remote Drop Station'
5) automatic station placement by your Architect

Will be fixed in the future.

Krebbl

Post by Krebbl » Mon, 6. Nov 23, 21:46

That's it, that's how it works for me too.
I could have thought of this myself when describing the error with my "click path".

Thank you both.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 6. Nov 23, 23:16

Krebbl wrote:
Mon, 6. Nov 23, 21:46
That's it, that's how it works for me too.
I could have thought of this myself when describing the error with my "click path".

Thank you both.
Temporarily, until this is fixed, you can manually, from the TL's hold, deploy the Mine.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 7. Nov 23, 00:20

Problem: if there is a jump beacon in a sector, the autopilot always directs the ship to it, not to the place indicated on the map by clicking the mouse.

Actions:
I fly up to the beacon and capture it.
I return to the ship and double-click in the other corner of the sector, usually the ship flies there on autopilot, but in this case the autopilot is turned off and is pointed at the beacon again. I move away from the beacon a few kilometers and click again in the opposite corner of the sector. The ship turns around and heads for the lighthouse.

It can be fixed if I fly to another sector and return or by restarting the game.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 7. Nov 23, 18:53

I may have stumbled upon a small bug. It is manifested in the following, namely, if you fly a ship close to your outpost and choose it as a target, then with some periodicity will be repeated phrase "What do you want?!" in a voice similar to the pilots of Argon or Earth.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 8. Nov 23, 22:57

[justify][author]\033R%s Expansion Minister[/author]Dear leader of the Independents,\n\nplease note that the galactic community has agreed that boarding with marines is terrorism. We noticed you stealing a %s and are very disappointed.[/justify]
Who has already received these messages, what is being inserted in this place?

Code: Select all

%s
What script is the data being inserted here from?

archelf33
x2

Post by archelf33 » Sun, 26. Nov 23, 22:02

I like the Zero Hour mod, played version 1.10a before and it was great. Never really had many issues with that version. So I've come back to try version 2.0b this past week but I have unfortunately come accross one problem.

In two separate playthroughs, two of my outposts have stopped showing most of the available wares in the station parameters. They are still there however but I am unable to access them manually. I can still build stations and ships as the resources exist and my Architect seems to be able to access the built stations and place them, even though it is a little janky. All of my Agents and Traders seem to function properly too. One thing I can't do though is place an outpost because I don't have any way to access it. I have muliple Impluse Ray Emitters showing in the station parameters list too that I can't do anything with and they are mutliplying as the game goes on. then a little over one hour of game time. Here you can actually see some of the Outposts rescources. Finally here is a look at the Storage tab under Logistics. So the resources are clearly there and everything seems to work how it's supposed too except for the fact I now can't manually trade the resources that don't show in station parameters from the Outpost to my ships. I can do so the other way though and I also can't manually exchange stations anymore to my Elephant. I will say that I have never really used the Architect before these playthroughs so perhaps it has always been an issue, the Architect is great though, I love it.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had an issue like this before or if there is a Discord I can go to to get further help. I don't even know if this is a problem with Mayhem 3 or Zero Hour. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Worked around this problem by using the cheat menu to remove the product from the Outpost in question. There were two Impulse Ray Emitters listed and I had to remove the correct one to solve the issue. Removing both worked too.
Last edited by archelf33 on Mon, 27. Nov 23, 19:02, edited 3 times in total.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 26. Nov 23, 23:29

or if there is a Discord I can go to to get further help.
https://discord.gg/F3wESQeT

Dex_Bot
x3fl

Post by Dex_Bot » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 03:00

Hello Hector, first of all, Thank You for the 2.0b update. It addressed all of my issues in regards to late game Zero Hour 1.10b without me even posting a replay.

Though, during my 2.0b playthough, I did encounter some minor to major bugs. I've manage to recreate some of them and slightly document them in the zip file below.
Every save uses the "Debug [ZH 2.0b]" as the "mayhem_galaxies."

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 15:49

Dex_Bot wrote:
Mon, 27. Nov 23, 03:00
got it, thanks. I've never received such an organized bug report. :D With videos and all.

Kingskunk

Post by Kingskunk » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 21:43

Really loved the mod, got into it when you first began creating youtube videos on it. It's been awhile since I played and I'm about to reinstall x3 Mayhem with Zero Hour. I see the latest version may have some bugs in it, do you have the previous stable version that I can use?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 28. Nov 23, 14:48

Kingskunk wrote:
Mon, 27. Nov 23, 21:43
do you have the previous stable version that I can use?
The old 1.10b version is still available on Github.
https://github.com/Hector839/Mayhem-3-Z ... r/releases

But i would recommend 2.0 to get new QoL features.
Yes bugs have been reported, but so far most of them are minor or rare. Only the optional Synthetic Dawn plot ending where you join the OCV is severely broken. The core gameplay seems to run very well based on various feedback. Especially CTD's and freezes seem to be rare these days.

In 2.1 i'll adress most of the reported issues but it will take a few weeks

SheepleShooter
x3fl

Post by SheepleShooter » Tue, 12. Dec 23, 14:52

Hi, I've recently discovered Zero Hour after enjoying Mayhem 3. Only about 10 hours in but enjoying it so far.

I've destroyed a Xenon station prior to day one passing but the other station in the sector didn't self-destruct and it is still a Xenon Sector. I thought after destroying one station the others are supposed to self-destruct?

I also noticed that in the outpost overview where it states how may miner, traders, etc are assigned to the outpost the denominators are all zero. If I have 3 miners it shows as '3/0' if no miners '0/0'.

I started the game on zero expansion but gave each race 3 sectors scattered throughout the map. Even before completing ascension races where going out of their way to invade each other (and not even adjacent) when there were heaps of empty sectors for them to claim. Is that supposed to happen? Strangely, Terrans expanded the quickest and had 5 or 6 sectors before ascension but Split went gangbusters after ascension going from their original 3 to 13 very quickly. Not sure if doing zero expansion with 3 sectors caused some problems? Some didn't expand prior to ascension at all. Some expansion also occurred to sectors that were not adjacent to any of their existing sectors which I thought was strange when there were lots of empty ones immediately around.

I also noticed that pirate bases are heavily congested to the bottom right hand side of my map including in adjacent sectors (about 6 bases). Only 2 pirate bases are elsewhere. Not sure if this is an intentional potential mechanic but I'm waiting to see how that will turn out.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 06:49

SheepleShooter wrote:
Tue, 12. Dec 23, 14:52
Welcome and thanks.

Destroying all Xenon stations should turn the sector abandoned.

3/0 Miners:
First number are your current Miners. Second number is the automatic replacement quota that the empire automation wants to fill up. Your setting just means that you have assigned them manually and no Miner will get produced automatically. Clicking on the number opens a menu where you can set these quotas up.

The origin galaxy start is currently busted. Factions are not expanding properly. Will get fixed in 2.1.

Your pirate base distribution seems to be coincidence.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 21:24

Hello.

Just started using this mod. Looks promising, best mod so far all these years.
But I would like to revert the gates to their original model. Those blobs just destroy my immersion.Any ideea how it can be done/what files to edit? I have X3 Editor 2

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”