[Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spod007
x3ap

Re: [Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

Post by spod007 » Mon, 9. Sep 19, 01:14

Hey LV, nice to see you still around o7. Insult your intelligience a little, sorry, but have you tried changing any of the optional mayhem files? i know when i first installed, i actually missed the graphics pack and other files....but it ran. i sorted it out though before i got into a new game, and, it wouldn't run. i was certain i'd done it right....so i repeated it, again, swore a bit, and viola, workin. Haha purely selfishly, i want you to get this working so i can see what scripts you're up to

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 11:22

Watching this, I feel that I should say something about invasions in Mayhem. There's an important script called "Mayhem.GetShipValue". Since a recent version, what it does is translating the RelVal of a ship into a balanced value that is used to determine how fast a sector can be conquered during a "clean war". The more valuable a ship is, the faster the war score will vary (it's also how the Pirates conquer sectors as well, with an independent war score however). At the end of the video, a sector is taking over very quickly, and I'm not sure where that's coming from, but this ship value is a thing to keep in mind while balancing this mod.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Tue, 10. Sep 19, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 17:42

Hmm, ok. I am going to start a personal playthrough of this mod sometime soon and I will pay attention to clean invasions. I'll experiment with those value settings if I see the same problems. Thanks for letting me know!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 19:33

I don't know what happened there. But i think it was just bad luck for the Borons. Like if they used only half strenghth, or damaged BG's for defence which were destroyed one after another in a short amount of time.

Another Split invasion has been triggered by now, and it seems to go much slower.

The first SW ships are phasing out vanilla ones. Everything looking good so far. :thumb_up:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 13. Sep 19, 23:21

spod007 wrote:
Mon, 9. Sep 19, 01:14
Insult your intelligience a little, sorry, but have you tried changing any of the optional mayhem files?
Most of my code was written drunk or high, no intelligence insulted

Post me the links and i'll try

spod007
x3ap

Post by spod007 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 21:12

https://www.moddb.com/mods/mayhem/downl ... m-graphics <-- the files named optional can be renumbered. my theory being somethin funky might be resolved for now at least, disabling fog, or trails, etc.

RenegadeKraken
xr

Post by RenegadeKraken » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 08:37

For the life of me I can't get this to work, I have everything installed correctly (Mayhem's latest update works fine) but as soon as I put this mod in there, it goes kaput. I can't figure out what the hell the deal is.

Any help would be appreciated.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 20:26

RenegadeKraken wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 08:37
For the life of me I can't get this to work, I have everything installed correctly (Mayhem's latest update works fine) but as soon as I put this mod in there, it goes kaput. I can't figure out what the hell the deal is.

Any help would be appreciated.
Is it crashing once you start a new game? Mid-way through an existing saved game? Or are you not making it to the menu at all? Did you follow the included install instructions?

RenegadeKraken
xr

Post by RenegadeKraken » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 22:36

I followed the instructions to the absolute letter. LU runs fine, mayhem mod runs, then the second I add on SW Mayhem it crashes on startup.

Here is how I install it:

Install a fresh X3 without the bonus pack, with the non steam .exe and ensure you drag it out and put it somewhere else

Install LU, base mod, update, soundtrack, GUI, run it to test

Install Mayhem, base mod, graphics mod (should be 10 for the base/11 for the graphics (plus whatever optional files you want), then install the soundtrack

Then install the SW Mayhem mod made by Xenon, there’s 8 files in there numbered 1-4, renumber them to whatever is next in line

For instance 10 - Mayhem base 11 - Mayhem Graphics (Optional graphics you don’t have to add any, or up to 3) 12-15 Mayhem Star Wars

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 01:21

Well that seems to be correct... And you made sure they went in "addon", right? And you kept them in the same order?

I'm not sure what it could be then, especially if Mayhem runs fine...

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 11. Oct 19, 16:41

Observation:
SW ships tend to have less docking ports than Mayhem's more dedicated carriers. But at the same time more SW ships have hangars to begin with.
Mayhem battlegroups spawn their fighters per carrier. More carriers leads to a certain degree of fighter spam. Battlegroups are stronger than base Mayhem and i suspect this to be one reason performance being slightly worse.

On default you might want to lower minimum and maximum fighters per battlegroup carrier in Mayhem's customization file 9972-L044.xml.

Currently it's minimum 10 and max 20. Something like 7/14 should bring it closer to default Mayhem ship counts.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 08:19

The idea was that Star Wars capitals are much more combat-capable than X3's M1s in general, so they shouldn't be able to carry as many fighters.

I agree that the fighters aren't properly balanced (way too powerful right now), and that's a good temporary solution with reducing the fighters per battlegroup. Eventually I will get around to the much-needed balance overhauls, but I don't think that will be until after a while. Thanks for testing it out and for your feedback!

GrimReaper3D

Post by GrimReaper3D » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 07:37

In what location do you put the text files?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 12:23

GrimReaper3D wrote:
Sat, 26. Oct 19, 07:37
In what location do you put the text files?
addon\t\

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 21. Nov 19, 18:34

I think your ship file might've adjusted the compatible weapon loadout for OWP's. I cannot outfit large platforms with Gamma Ray Cannons anymore. I remember Joubarbe expanding OWP armament choice compared to standart LU and that's probably where the cause lies. The GRC was among the cheapest options at the time, that's why i chose it. OWP's i built in vanilla Mayhem still have their GRC's equipped, so it's no big deal. But it would be great if you could look into it in the future, because the change could've affected other lasers he previously added too.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 00:56

Good catch, I recall only appending my SW ships to the end of Mayhem's file, but it might have been an old file or something. I'll compare the OWP weapon compatibility when I get around to doing that massive balance fix that this mod badly needs, along with introducing all the new SWLU content, since this has fallen quite far behind at this point. I probably won't happen this year though.

Actually, I think the OWP weapon compatibility is due to a TCockpits.txt issue, since they don't have main guns. You have to change TCockpits.txt in order to change which guns an OWP can use, and my TCockpits.txt file only has entries for SW ships. The rest is carried over from LU. I'll be sure to use Mayhem's TCockpits.txt as a starting point next time around, so I don't accidentally change anything.

Echostatic

Post by Echostatic » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 11:50

I only see Mayhem version 2.9.13 available, is there a location where 2.9.12 is still available? I really want to try this but either I’m doing something wrong or this mod is not compatible with the latest version of Mayhem.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 13:39

If you do everything according to instructions, the mod should work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Jwif2NfFV9

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 18:31

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 04:20

I love this mod! Thank you. I saw a nice update on the LU version this month, any chance on an update for Mayhem? Also, is it possible for me to edit a file to remove the cockpit views to make it like Mayhem? The cockpits are really cool, but I enjoy watching the universe more than looking at the ship. :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”