Custom texture help.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tormox
x4

Custom texture help.

Post by tormox » Sat, 29. Jun 19, 23:46

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm still learning how to do all this and texture-wise, there aren't lot of tutorials to help me out, either vague or don't exist anymore.

So I have a custom ship, which I then UV unwrap and import into Substance Painter to texture. Once I've textured the model, I then obviously have to export the maps.

The map types is where I'm getting confused.

The base colour map (diffuse) map, I'm ok with that.

The normal (bump) map comes out as a purple colour. Not 100% but I read that I should delete the red channel, set the green channel to alpha, save it as .DDS and I will have the bump map.

I'm a little unsure as to what else I need. Substance Painter also exports Roughness, Metallic, Emissive & Height maps. I know that emissive is the glow map for lights.

Do I need to put certain maps into channels? From what I've seen in the vanilla textures, there is only usually the _diff, _bump, _spec maps

Then I'm confused as to what maps to apply back in 3DS before I export the model to .BOB.

Also have PS with Nvidia DDS plugin

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated. Thank ahead.

tormox
x4

Re: Custom texture help.

Post by tormox » Sun, 30. Jun 19, 01:23

After inspecting some vanilla textures a little more, I noticed that the diffuse map is fine, The bump map has the red, green and blue channels the same and the alpha is vertical instead of horizontal. Light is emissive and spec looks the same.

Update - I think I matched the textures right but the ship is spawning transparent.

Update 2 - I managed to figure it out and the custom ship is working with the custom textures.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”