New Game - NO PLOT STARTS available (Solved?)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Midnight Toker

New Game - NO PLOT STARTS available (Solved?)

Post by Midnight Toker » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 08:40

Hi there,

After installing some mods my only game start option for a new game is Custom. NO PLOT STARTS available.

Background:
Recently bought steam version and with a fresh install everything worked fine (Humble Merchant, Boring Boron etc all appeared and worked as usual). Proceeded to install some widely used mods. I installed IEX and XRM and loaded up a new game - all was well.

I then went and installed a bunch more - all from links in this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... list_2018/
I read every thread and followed all installation instructions, re-reading them many times to be sure.

Afterwards my only game start option is Custom.

Obviously a modding issue - but I'm not sure where to start to test which one is causing this issue. Is this a common issue?

As it stands most mods were installed using the "fake patch" method.

I cant be the only person that has had this issue any clue what I have done wrong?
Last edited by Midnight Toker on Sat, 29. Sep 18, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

Midnight Toker

Re: New Game - NO PLOT STARTS available

Post by Midnight Toker » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 08:59

Update - deleted the last few CATS and DATS from my Addons folder (13-15 if it matters) and all starts now appear.

Reinstalling all mods even more carefully than before.

Seems to just be a pebcak error will update if solved

Update: Reinstalled everything and most things seem fine - minor issues with the TC plots for AP (Dillpickle's mod) - some new starts not showing unless i delete the original (non-XRM) version.
Using TC Plots in XRM:AP - by MutantDwarf, and I do get extra starts in addition to the default game's starts.

Not sure if I should be using Dillpickle's AND MutantDwarfs together as I understood (wrongly?) the latter was just a compatibility patch. At the moment I have just renamed the CAT/DAT files for Dillpickle's to enable the extra game start options....but of course I'm worried I will run into headaches later.

At this stage I can play the game, and after a very long break that's all that matters for now!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”