[TOOL] X3 Customizer 3.15

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TechSY730
x3ap

Re: [TOOL] X3 Customizer 3.14.1

Post by TechSY730 » Sat, 17. Nov 18, 06:25

SirNukes wrote:
Sat, 17. Nov 18, 05:23
TechSY730 wrote:
Sat, 17. Nov 18, 02:57
According to the wiki, the Fragmentation Bomb Launcher is pretty weak because it lacks AOE damage due to a bug.

Any idea what that bug is and how it can be fixed?
After some reading, mainly viewtopic.php?t=365717, the problems are that A) frag bullets are set to do no damage, B) bullets don't have a proximity fuse, and C) bullets don't have an actual AoE effect (unlike missiles). I'm pretty sure all of those are going to be part of the in-sector code in the exe, and are outside the scope of changes I can make. I haven't seen any bullet code in the obj files; it calls lower level assembly functions for doing laser and bullet related stuff.

Oh dang, the bug is actually baked into the main executable, not in the bytecode like thing they have going on? Ouch.
Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't want to touch that. x_x

Pilotoftheuniverse

Post by Pilotoftheuniverse » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 15:17

This tool is not compatible with 32-bit Window 7 :(

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 20:01

Pilotoftheuniverse wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 15:17
While I am not set up to easily put out a 32-bit version, you can download an appropriate version of Python and run the source directly.

Pilotoftheuniverse

Post by Pilotoftheuniverse » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 16:22

SirNukes wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 20:01
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 15:17
While I am not set up to easily put out a 32-bit version, you can download an appropriate version of Python and run the source directly.
*smiles* im not a computer guy so can you teach me how? i do have python 3.7.1 installed.

i really would like to apply your fixes on complex lag and the removed cutscene when building stations

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 20:54

Mon, 26. Nov 18, 16:22
*smiles* im not a computer guy so can you teach me how? i do have python 3.7.1 installed.

i really would like to apply your fixes on complex lag and the removed cutscene when building stations
After grabbing the python source code off git, the simplest would be something like "python X3_Customizer\Main.py -default_script" from the command prompt (cmd.exe) or shortcut or batch file. Paths will need to be filled in depending on where you call it from. If python isn't registered with the command line, it will need the path to its exe as well.

As a warning, the complex related lag reduction is experimental. To be safe, back up your save before trying it out.

SirNukes
x4

Re: [TOOL] X3 Customizer 3.15

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 00:51

Updated to 3.15. Added Prevent_Ship_Equipment_Damage, which stops hull damage from destroying lasers/shields/etc.

RoverTX
x4

Re: [TOOL] X3 Customizer 3.15

Post by RoverTX » Tue, 28. May 19, 05:36

Two little neat things I found tonight and am working towards a PR on.

-----

Figured out how to make room for editing InitIllegalWares. Atm the Terran and the ATF use the same array as the Argon for illegal wares. The boron use a different but identical array. So instead of declaring the an identical array working on having the Boron use the same array and clearing up a lot of room for additions or changes.

-----

GetRaceLicenseSubtype works off a large switch statement, but in reality you can map from a race to a licence item id by

Code: Select all

race id + 25 = licence id 
Which allow you to delete a lot of the case statement and leaves room for handling Terran licence.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”