[mod] X3 - RESURRECTION MOD (New graphic mod)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 02:10

KC_Cheos wrote:
x3-AmModer wrote:
Could you make a screenshot of the Mars, for examlpe, and send it on my e-mail please? I tested it and all seems to be fine..... :?

In any case I will try to help you. If I will can...
I have sent u two pics from mars. I have running a bunch of scripts too. But indont think they corrupt anything because its only script an t files...

Thanks for help again :)
Yes, I saw it. Hmm, it is not problem with some scripts, but with textures. Precisely with copyright. I can use and change only original textures from the game. I asked another moders I can use their textures but till now I have no answer from them. So I used original textures of mars etc. The resolution is the same but maybe some textures of terran planets are more detailed in other mods.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 10:01

I'm about to prepare my next XRM game. Does this have issues with the official XRM backgrounds pack? Or is this pack unnecessary because the Resurrection mod does replace the backgrounds anyway?

KC_Cheos
x3

Post by KC_Cheos » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 15:05

x3-AmModer wrote: Yes, I saw it. Hmm, it is not problem with some scripts, but with textures. Precisely with copyright. I can use and change only original textures from the game. I asked another moders I can use their textures but till now I have no answer from them. So I used original textures of mars etc. The resolution is the same but maybe some textures of terran planets are more detailed in other mods.
Ok hope you will get an positiv answer. I have testet the planet textures in vanilla and it looks like it was a completely other model for mars. Mars is much smaller in vanilla than in XRM / IE. So maybe the original texture gets "Stretched" to fit the bigger model. Could be the answer for that problen...

KC_Cheos
x3

Post by KC_Cheos » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 15:15

BlackArchon wrote:I'm about to prepare my next XRM game. Does this have issues with the official XRM backgrounds pack? Or is this pack unnecessary because the Resurrection mod does replace the backgrounds anyway?
Resurrection does not change any backgrounds... it improves original textures. So you should be ok with your setup :)

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 15:25

KC_Cheos wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:I'm about to prepare my next XRM game. Does this have issues with the official XRM backgrounds pack? Or is this pack unnecessary because the Resurrection mod does replace the backgrounds anyway?
Resurrection does not change any backgrounds... it improves original textures. So you should be ok with your setup :)

:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 17:59

Thank you! :)
I must admit that this mod is looking gorgeous. However, due to the higher detailed textures, they also tend to flicker more. The Terran SPPs were already quite bad in this regard in vanilla, but now it is way worse. Have you tried to counteract this with some Reshade filter?

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 00:43

BlackArchon wrote:Thank you! :)
I must admit that this mod is looking gorgeous. However, due to the higher detailed textures, they also tend to flicker more. The Terran SPPs were already quite bad in this regard in vanilla, but now it is way worse. Have you tried to counteract this with some Reshade filter?
The textures are blinking in vanilla too. This is problem of this game, because both filters (antialiasing, anisotropic) can't remove it. If this would work well, you could set for example 4x AA and 8x AT and all blinking would be masked. But not... The game loading textures and use blur automaticaly. The blinking are light dots (yellow, blue, white) but every that dot is visible and what is worse, these dots are visible on each distance. If you are 1 km at the station, you can see only dots what are in your visible radius, but if you are 30 km from the station, the game will show you all dots. If you are moving, or if the object is moving, you can see blinking, each dot try move from pixel to pixel on your monitor.

In X3 Resurrection was used a lot of enhancing changes, for example contrast changing. The dots are still there lile in vanilla, but with enhaces they are more visible. If someone know how repair this in the vanilla game, it will be rapaired in my mod too. If you would make all textures with the same neutral collor, for example dark grey, all dots could be masked. But I still thing that the more visible dots are still small payment for better graphic (I hope :D ). Try use this mod for example in Argon Prime, fly 2 minutes and look at the planet, space, etc. After that uninstall (remove) my mod and try it in vanilla again... You will see it... It is on you, what is better for you....

But as I said, if someone know, how remove this, his knowledge will be welcome.

KC_Cheos
x3

Post by KC_Cheos » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 08:42

It depends on your GPU, but you could try a bit downsampling to reduce flickerung. Im playing at 2k native and havent noticed this flickering very much.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 09:11

KC_Cheos wrote:It depends on your GPU, but you could try a bit downsampling to reduce flickerung. Im playing at 2k native and havent noticed this flickering very much.
No thank you, if the game's interface gets any smaller, I will rip my eyes out voluntarily.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 09:15

x3-AmModer wrote:
The textures are blinking in vanilla too. This is problem of this game, because both filters (antialiasing, anisotropic) can't remove it. If this would work well, you could set for example 4x AA and 8x AT and all blinking would be masked. But not... The game loading textures and use blur automaticaly. The blinking are light dots (yellow, blue, white) but every that dot is visible and what is worse, these dots are visible on each distance. If you are 1 km at the station, you can see only dots what are in your visible radius, but if you are 30 km from the station, the game will show you all dots. If you are moving, or if the object is moving, you can see blinking, each dot try move from pixel to pixel on your monitor.

In X3 Resurrection was used a lot of enhancing changes, for example contrast changing. The dots are still there lile in vanilla, but with enhaces they are more visible. If someone know how repair this in the vanilla game, it will be rapaired in my mod too. If you would make all textures with the same neutral collor, for example dark grey, all dots could be masked. But I still thing that the more visible dots are still small payment for better graphic (I hope :D ). Try use this mod for example in Argon Prime, fly 2 minutes and look at the planet, space, etc. After that uninstall (remove) my mod and try it in vanilla again... You will see it... It is on you, what is better for you....

Yesterday I experimented with Reshade's SMAA and FXAA filters, where SMAA does a little better job at reducing the worst flickering. The effect is only minimal and has the disadvantage of blurring the ingame font a bit, so it's not really usable. :(

I usually would go with heavy supersampling in such cases, but this also blurs the ingame font. :(

KC_Cheos
x3

Post by KC_Cheos » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 14:58

Hi x3-AmModer!

Could you add a Version that doesn't chang planet textures? This might be a way to get this compatible with Immersive Environments (because of the "strechted textures of some planets)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 20:36

Hey x3-AmModer,

this is a screenshot of an Unknown Aldrin Base in XRM with the Resurrection Mod: https://abload.de/img/x3screen00001bfsbd.png

Do you notice the sharp edged and low detailed texture? I assume you haven't touched the original textures of this one, am I right? *hint* *hint* ;)

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 01:11

BlackArchon wrote:
x3-AmModer wrote:

Yesterday I experimented with Reshade's SMAA and FXAA filters, where SMAA does a little better job at reducing the worst flickering. The effect is only minimal and has the disadvantage of blurring the ingame font a bit, so it's not really usable. :(

I usually would go with heavy supersampling in such cases, but this also blurs the ingame font. :(
Try only this:

Start normally the game without other support programs.

Go to Graphics Settings.

Set Resolution on resolution of your monitor. (1920 x 1080 x 32)

Mark Fullscreen.

Quality - all parameters on High.

Unmark MDLS and SCV (and AQC for Terran Conflict).

Effects - Antialiasing = 8x, ATF = 2x, mark "Glow enabled".

Unmark both Troubleshooting settings.

... and try it ... start the game ...

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 01:18

KC_Cheos wrote:Hi x3-AmModer!

Could you add a Version that doesn't chang planet textures? This might be a way to get this compatible with Immersive Environments (because of the "strechted textures of some planets)
No but this is job for compatibility pack (make this mod compatible for other mods). New version is on the way. But Christmas comming and I have no time for moding. I will start work on new version 2.2 next year.

Please write me all issues here, or on my e-mail. I will repair it. :wink:

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 01:37

BlackArchon wrote:Hey x3-AmModer,

this is a screenshot of an Unknown Aldrin Base in XRM with the Resurrection Mod: https://abload.de/img/x3screen00001bfsbd.png
BlackArchon wrote:Do you notice the sharp edged and low detailed texture?
Yes, it is problem. The sharp edged is problem of the model and I didn´t change any models from the game. So this I can not repair. The bad resolution is strange. Maybe some original texture of asteroid is stretched on this model (original texture for XRM is maybe specially made for this Aldrin Base). I will check it and repair it (but as I said in previous answer, I will start next year)

BlackArchon wrote:I assume you haven't touched the original textures of this one, am I right? *hint* *hint* ;)
I changed only original textures from the original game. This could be simple problem of compatibility (becouse name of the texture is the same for XRM and Original game) and it must be repaired in Compatibility pack. Good bug hunt! :thumb_up: :wink:

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 16:59

x3-AmModer wrote:...

Yes, it is problem. The sharp edged is problem of the model and I didn´t change any models from the game. So this I can not repair. The bad resolution is strange. Maybe some original texture of asteroid is stretched on this model (original texture for XRM is maybe specially made for this Aldrin Base). I will check it and repair it (but as I said in previous answer, I will start next year)

I changed only original textures from the original game. This could be simple problem of compatibility (becouse name of the texture is the same for XRM and Original game) and it must be repaired in Compatibility pack. Good bug hunt! :thumb_up: :wink:
While I haven't re-checked this texture problem with vanilla X3:AP, I don't think that XRM has changed the Unknown Aldrin Base appearance - so I think this problem may be also in vanilla X3:AP (and X3:TC).

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 17:22

Just a question: is this blurry view of the planet (Uranus) intended? This is from the sector Uranus 2 in XRM.

https://abload.de/img/uranus22kpos.png

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 08:04

BlackArchon wrote:Just a question: is this blurry view of the planet (Uranus) intended? This is from the sector Uranus 2 in XRM.

https://abload.de/img/uranus22kpos.png
Yes, this is standard texture for original game - enhanced.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 08:12

BlackArchon wrote:Hey x3-AmModer,

Do you notice the sharp edged and low detailed texture? I assume you haven't touched the original textures of this one, am I right? *hint* *hint* ;)
Please, could you make a screenshot of this Aldrin Base without X3 Resurrection? It could help me much more. (for identify the texture in XRM/vanilla)

Thank's :-)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 15:35

x3-AmModer wrote: Please, could you make a screenshot of this Aldrin Base without X3 Resurrection? It could help me much more. (for identify the texture in XRM/vanilla)

Thank's :-)
Here you go: https://abload.de/img/unknown_aldrin_base_xfdqr8.png

This from the same XRM savegame with both of the Resurrection mod's cat/dat files removed. These sharp edges are still there, but the texture looks a bit different.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”