[mod] X3 - RESURRECTION MOD (New graphic mod)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 15:51

dreamer2008 wrote:This mod looks awesome, downloading now, and thank you for making it!

A few questions: 1. if I have both Litube's and IEX installed with the IEX LU patch, how do I install the compatibility packs? Do I copy both of them and install after all the other files? 2. Also, can I install and play mid game, or do I have to start a new game? 3. And finally, Mayhem 2.5 will have a custom IE + IEX background, so will the patches for LU and IEX still work?
1. use both C.P. For example : 1) Main X3-Resurrection files, 2) LU C.P. 3) IEX C.P.

2. You can continue with your saves ;-) , this is only graphic mod....

3. Not tested, but yes, they could still work

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 21:37

x3-AmModer wrote:
dreamer2008 wrote:This mod looks awesome, downloading now, and thank you for making it!

A few questions: 1. if I have both Litube's and IEX installed with the IEX LU patch, how do I install the compatibility packs? Do I copy both of them and install after all the other files? 2. Also, can I install and play mid game, or do I have to start a new game? 3. And finally, Mayhem 2.5 will have a custom IE + IEX background, so will the patches for LU and IEX still work?
1. use both C.P. For example : 1) Main X3-Resurrection files, 2) LU C.P. 3) IEX C.P.

2. You can continue with your saves ;-) , this is only graphic mod....

3. Not tested, but yes, they could still work
Thank you for the reply! Great news, installing now.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Fri, 27. Jul 18, 07:03

x3-AmModer wrote:I have no answer on my e-mail... Still waiting...
If you really insist on email...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 14:52

What if want to use Pure X Hud https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299546 install original one from your webiste and then apply pure X?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Sat, 8. Sep 18, 13:13

Hello,

I've an issue with the OL, Circle of Labour and Heretics End sectors : the sky/galaxy boxes are totally black, so they have no texture applied I think.

It appears in my LxXRM game (I've also post my issue on the related thread).

Any idea to fix this issue? Maybe it could be a conflict with TCAP, Lost Colony or Revelation mods, because they change the galaxy map (so maybe the sectors ids).

Thanks for your answers.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 00:33

Sorkvild wrote:What if want to use Pure X Hud https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299546 install original one from your webiste and then apply pure X?

Sorry, I wasn't here for long time. You simply use my mod and then apply Pure X. Yes. ;-) (If you want use another mod with X3 - Resurrection, use higher number for cat and dat file and it could work, back up your saves and try it...)

;-)

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 00:39

hargn wrote:Hello,

I've an issue with the OL, Circle of Labour and Heretics End sectors : the sky/galaxy boxes are totally black, so they have no texture applied I think.

It appears in my LxXRM game (I've also post my issue on the related thread).

Any idea to fix this issue? Maybe it could be a conflict with TCAP, Lost Colony or Revelation mods, because they change the galaxy map (so maybe the sectors ids).

Thanks for your answers.
Write me the sequence of your cats and dats files with mods... ;-)

X2return
x4

Re: [mod] X3 - RESURRECTION MOD (New graphic mod)

Post by X2return » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 20:30

Hi there,
first i want to thank you for your amazing work!!! Sectors, Objects, many Textures/ colour-ambiente are looking great!

I'm playing a Universe-MOD -> EMC4AP viewtopic.php?f=96&t=369926&hilit=kernel.
It would be great to play your MOD withing. I've not testet well but no errors so far so i think there's no need to create a compatibility-Version.

I just wanted to ask if there is a simple way for me to create my own "lightweight" or some kind of modular Version of your MOD.
I don't know where most files are belonging to. Perhaps you have tips for me which filetypes, filenames or file categorys are doing different effects.

I'm asking because i would prefer playing the vanilla (the one from the EMC4AP MOD) Interface and GUI but don't want to miss your outrageous graphical improvements. :D

Thank you very much.
X2return

In case - I'm able to seperate the files using X3 Mod Manager.

Edit: - solved.
I found a way :) thank you anyway again for your great work!

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 04:36

X2return wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 20:30
Hi there,
first i want to thank you for your amazing work!!! Sectors, Objects, many Textures/ colour-ambiente are looking great!

I'm playing a Universe-MOD -> EMC4AP viewtopic.php?f=96&t=369926&hilit=kernel.
It would be great to play your MOD withing. I've not testet well but no errors so far so i think there's no need to create a compatibility-Version.

I just wanted to ask if there is a simple way for me to create my own "lightweight" or some kind of modular Version of your MOD.
I don't know where most files are belonging to. Perhaps you have tips for me which filetypes, filenames or file categorys are doing different effects.

I'm asking because i would prefer playing the vanilla (the one from the EMC4AP MOD) Interface and GUI but don't want to miss your outrageous graphical improvements. :D

Thank you very much.
X2return

In case - I'm able to seperate the files using X3 Mod Manager.

Edit: - solved.
I found a way :) thank you anyway again for your great work!
Hello,

first I am sorry I didn't answer to you. Actually I have not much time for this (and for playing anything).

I can write this: If someone don't know, if this mod is compatible with his other mods, simply change name of cat and dat files of his other mods on higher number. If there are some changes that colide with my mod, it will prefer files of your other mods.

Thanks to all. :-)

Jimbo4000
x3tc

Post by Jimbo4000 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:28

I played a few hours in Terran Conflict. Looks great. Thank you :-)

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 12:54

Great Stuff

Thank you for your work.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 15:13

Hi x3-AmModer,

recently I stumbled upon this article where modders used neural networks to enhance textures of older games like Morrowind and Doom (https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/12/18 ... al_network and https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/12/19 ... t_classic/).
Do you think this would also work fine with X3's textures?

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 23:17

BlackArchon wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 15:13
Hi x3-AmModer,

recently I stumbled upon this article where modders used neural networks to enhance textures of older games like Morrowind and Doom (https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/12/18 ... al_network and https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/12/19 ... t_classic/).
Do you think this would also work fine with X3's textures?

Hello,

I think that no. X3 have different style of using textures than doom or other old games. The changed texture isn't presented in game, like you see it on the picture... It is more difficult and there are more layers of textures.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 00:38

Hello all!! :)

I am working on very small patch (version 3.1.) which enhance hazes of all planets (because some players want more distinctive features of hazes) and less intense lighting of gate whirl (because for someone it is simply very intense and it makes "uncomfortable" flying throw the gates).

As soon as it will be done I will give you a short message about it here.

Nice playing for all... :)

First testing:

Compare
http://img24.cz/images/26848243968167726313.jpg
http://img24.cz/images/57631956759021864743.jpg
http://img24.cz/images/76376125020667287690.jpg

Some other pictures
http://img24.cz/images/72533078610989611394.jpg
http://img24.cz/images/17130134583293784964.jpg
http://img24.cz/images/98451300678954006335.jpg

Your X3-AmModer

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 12:27

Hello x3-AmModer, would you be able to create some color variations of your GUI? Perhaps a color for each race?

I've been using your GUI for while and must say it is really nice, but if i could add something to improve...

- Consider adding a few yellow/orange chevrons to tracking arrow indicator for better target tracking (pic)

- Perhaps a slightly different color for flying wares icon? (current color blends with asteroids and other ships)

- Central hud info disappears when using cockpit mod for xrm (but that typical to all huds used with cockpit mod, no matter what) (pic)

Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 21:34

Sorkvild wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 19, 12:27
Hello x3-AmModer, would you be able to create some color variations of your GUI? Perhaps a color for each race?

I've been using your GUI for while and must say it is really nice, but if i could add something to improve...

- Consider adding a few yellow/orange chevrons to tracking arrow indicator for better target tracking (pic)
Yes, I agree, it is good idea. I will try change arrows. It is true the arrows are badly visible, even in the original GUI.

- Perhaps a slightly different color for flying wares icon? (current color blends with asteroids and other ships)
Yes, some changes here are planned too. :wink:

- Central hud info disappears when using cockpit mod for xrm (but that typical to all huds used with cockpit mod, no matter what) (pic)
I don't know if I can do something with? This mod changes only graphical part of this game... I think I can't do anything for repair this.... :|

Info in your text....

X3-AmModer

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 03:09

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

The tests went well so the new patch 3.1. will be issued...

What is new in 3.1?

1) The hazes of planets are really better, much more than you can see on the test pictures. This will be one of the main part of the patch.

2) Some parts of GUI will be changed.

3) Textures of plates for Boron, Split ships will be reworked (too many saturation), and ATF...

4) Gate whirl (very shining)

5) Lights of Terran catapult gates (the arrow on the top and bottom isn't green)

And maybe something else...

Write me here or on my e-mail some tips, what you would like to change.... :)

Have a nice day

Your X3-AmModer

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 14:30

Toned town haze looks really good. Apart from what we have discussed earlier please consider making more color hud variations. Perhaps based on race colors or something new like dark hud, "deluxe" with golden accents, aquatic with viridian green colors etc ;) That would be nice.
We want the Boron back!

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 03:39

Sorkvild wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 19, 14:30
Toned town haze looks really good. Apart from what we have discussed earlier please consider making more color hud variations. Perhaps based on race colors or something new like dark hud, "deluxe" with golden accents, aquatic with viridian green colors etc ;) That would be nice.
Yes It would be fine :) , but it is maybe job for someone, who makes different types of HUDs. And don´t you think there are a lot of good types from other moders? When I start making of this mod I didn´t want to do any HUDs, I didn´t want to use 1 minute of my work on Interface, HUD. And.... :D :D :D I did it and it took a hours... :lol: It's not my cup of tea. :) BUT! I did some changes in HUD that make icons of asteroids, boxes, gates and nav. arrows more visible. You will see....

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”