[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 30. Dec 15, 07:51

solarahawk wrote:How so? What issues do you see?
Because it uses same file with the other mod.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Sat, 2. Jan 16, 07:51

Hello, Joubarbe.

I have begun to conquer about my hostile race.

According to your description, there are established 5 stations and 1 medium weapon platform in my sector.

I felt that if I conquered all sector, there will be all missile's stations.

I think it's some problem. Because I need all wares.
Eventually, I will not buy anything except missiles. And that missile factory s needs any resources also.

so, I would like to say that it needs to consider for random kind stations also. what about this?

thanks. and sorry about my insufficiency English.:D

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 2. Jan 16, 10:18

Because you really plan to conquer all sectors ?!

I must admit that I did not consider this ; the fact that you only have missile stations is very helpful to fight back the OCV, and other traders will sell resources to these stations. Of course, if you kill everyone, you will need a lot of other stations to feed them.

antb15
x3tc

Post by antb15 » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 05:16

Hi Joubarbe

Love the mod so far. I've played vanilla on and off for years and always got bored before I got far past having an M6. There never really seemed to be any conflict in the universe. Anyways, I was wondering if it were possible, or how I could go about making PHQ available for all races? I like the idea of sticking to one race/being loyal, but I don't necessarily want to be friends with the Argon and Terrans just for the sake of a PHQ.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 06:39

I must admit that I did not consider this
If I boring to you, never mind. sorry about that.

Actually, I planed, first, I conquer OCV home sector and Phanon home scector. And then, Boron -> Paranid -> split -> argon -> teladi, except Terran. Of course, I am Yaki... it's my home and my race.(Boron reputation is -5 already)

Now almost I arrived OCV home sector. and I have 57's capital ships. It was preparation to conquer about Terran.

So, eventually I planed to war with Terran. now Terran has a lot sectors in my game. They are still strong than other race such like AP.

but, now, it's problem for my plan.
you will need a lot of other stations to feed them.
Why me? I think it's not X-universe already. and It wasn't "Autopopulate" I thought.

and It's similar with XRM + IR, if I will need a lot of other stations to feed them. It's boring.

There will be only missile station in my all sectors.
and I have tomahalk, shadow and some missiles SCHs. It's enough to me.
My sector's missile stations are not necessary. They have nothing their stock always.

So I stopped to conquer anymore. because there are nothing any reason to conquer.

However, still Mayhem was very exciting mod. I'd like to say enough was enough.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by hanuland on Sun, 3. Jan 16, 11:34, edited 2 times in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 09:50

@antb15 : You could give the sectors where they sell the PHQ to the Teladis. It would be neutral. Or I should implement a menu to build one of them.
PHQ and SCH (and maybe special docks) are still a problem with this mod, and I didn't find any elegant ways to fix it. In my games, I'm always friend with Argons until I get my PHQ.

@hanuland : 57 capital ships ? Wow, that's a lot. You known, it would take just a few minutes to make some changes to my scripts... Download X-Studio and take a look at Mayhem AutoPopulate. There's a list of factories built by the game if the sector is owned by the player.
Clearly you have spent more time on my mod than I did, thanks for that :)

I'm currently trying to kind of expand the idea of Mayhem far more beyond, with a random universe, new economics and a true "conquer the universe" type of mod. Lots of work.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 18:41

Does with work with XM-R without problems?.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 19:38

It shouldn't be a problem ; I haven't tested it to be honest.

The pirate dynamic war of XM-R will probably give... interesting results ^^

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 22:06

Joubarbe wrote:...
I'm currently trying to kind of expand the idea of Mayhem far more beyond, with a random universe, new economics and a true "conquer the universe" type of mod. Lots of work.
Hey, do you need a hand? While I haven't yet played a LU game with Mayhem, I generally like the idea of a much more hostile X universe. LUV is way too peaceful and boring.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 3. Jan 16, 22:24

No thanks, Pandas work alone (and slowly) ! And at the moment, I'm trying various things around X3, meaning that I code external tools.

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 23:34

So. How do satellite factories work with the war against all going on? No majaglit for anybody, you know. :>

Btw, does surrender your cargo option works normally with this mod?
I've had numerous borons who said "I want no more fight, I will surrender my freight" and then carried on like nothing happened.. And they've had their wares on them.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 09:15

Even in vanilla, they do that ; they sometimes say they surrender, and they don't. I couldn't change anything about it even if I wanted to.

Satellite factories... Well it's mayhem, chaos ; some products are a little harder to obtain :)

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 13:47

@Joubarbe, sent you a PM regarding that.. reproducing here
I've found an issue in Mayhem mod. It breaks at least 2 factories: Bliss Places and Advanced Satellites factories do not work when using Mayhem mod. This is related to prices change, I suppose, since the problem that exists is that production batch of factory ends up being bigger then factory can store. This breaks both Saturn Hubs & ai-placed factories (all of the said AI factories w/ whole set of resources have no production whatsoever).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 14:12

What do you mean exactly when you say that "it breaks" ?

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 14:15

http://imgur.com/0rGcNIk mostly, this (production rate > cargo space for product)
same for space weed complex. Since Bliss Places & Adv satellite factories by AI don't produce a thing as well, i think the issue is there as well.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 14:17

This game is stupid :)

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 14:26

Well, it makes at least some sense: no place to produce stuff => we won't be producing stuff. :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 14:34

What doesn't is : increasing price -> increasing production. (because all I did was to increase the price)

EDIT : anyway, the solution is (as you already guessed) to remove Mayhem.cat/.dat. This bug gives me one more reason to not work with vanilla production system anymore.

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 15:06

Oh, so the only purpose of fakepatch files is the increase of product prices?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”