[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 14:13

McCallum is Irish. Starliner is American.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 20:15

McCallum is for M6 and smaller ships. Unlimited M6

Starliner is for huge ships: M7, M2, and M1. I think 9 total.

Both are MLCC enabled.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 00:52

Berhg wrote:Could you give me a brief on the McCallum and Starliner Docks for Mayhem?
If you want to use any of the MLCC functionality (which I recommend, it is incredibly useful) you need a McCallum or Starliner dock, or both.

I started off with McCallum simply because my starting fleet at the beginning consisted of a hodgepodge array of M6 and M3 fighters aboard TMs. Once you start getting M7s and bigger, it's time for a Starliner. Starliner looks like a sanctuary, but with the bottom half cut off, so it in only really useful for docking huge ships.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 09:45

Thanks for the help, guys. In my current save a few days now, and man, this is the X game we always wanted. Litcube, Joupanda, and the host of contributing modders have really made this special.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 21:07

Yep, I think this is the best mod on the planet. I mean... Fallout: New California is first on moddb, I'm 5075th, same thing.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 21:21

Joubarbe wrote:Yep, I think this is the best mod on the planet. I mean... Fallout: New California is first on moddb, I'm 5075th, same thing.
I know I haven't touched "Fallout: New California" but I've played "Mayhem" for about 200 hours and vanilla LU another 200 hours on top of that. You're number 1 in my book. :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 21:52

You deserve a panda kiss.

multox
x4

How do I set the sanctuary to buy and not sell?

Post by multox » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 10:50

I'm feeling confused because Betty says in the Adjust Station Parameters screen that "You can specify the price at which the freighters working for this factory should buy resources." So I set it low, because I want to buy low, right? Well it turns out that the sanctuary sold a bunch of stuff that I wanted to keep.

Now I'm feeling dumb because I've been digging through the Sanctuary Manager and looking up web pages for the last two hours and I still don't understand how this is supposed to work. I don't see *anywhere* that references selling by the Sanctuary. There's a Buy/None setting which has a related average price, but I don't see how to set the price in that section either.

Is there a write up anywhere on how the Sanctuary Manager works?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 11:12

If "station is open to race traders" these settings are the price at which other traders are going to buy them. Put a very high price, and nobody will buy it.

Don't trust Betty, Station Agents and Freighters don't look at these settings :) (they don't care about the price, just the Maximum Jumps)

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 15:17

I've enjoyed playing this mod so far. But, I've gotten to the point in my game where I have enough sectors that managing them all is beginning to feel like work, and not enjoyable work. I had lots of fun at the beginning, but nowadays, going back to manage everything with courier routes and making sure my sanctuaries don't starve and the factories are all not blinking yellow, just doesn't make me happy anymore. That, and the feeling like I have gotten to the point where I could attack just about anything and steramroll whatever I want, makes me think that the main challenge of the game is past, and getting up to the magic number of sectors required, and populating/feeding those sectors, would just feel like a major grind. Oh well. Looking forward to the next version of Mayhem though and a fresh start!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 15:22

Joubarbe wrote:If "station is open to race traders" these settings are the price at which other traders are going to buy them. Put a very high price, and nobody will buy it.

Don't trust Betty, Station Agents and Freighters don't look at these settings :) (they don't care about the price, just the Maximum Jumps)
Perhaps this option could be set to off from the beginning instead of on? Lots of times I will begin to populate my sectors with factories, and I forget to turn it off, and some random traders come and steal away the resources I was planning of using for my sector. It also seems to be the case that turnin g it off takes a while for the NPC traders to register. Maybe if you have it on, and an NPC trader starts a trek from the other side of the galaxy to buy 200 crystals, and you turn it off right after he starts his long journey, he will still continue, and when he eventually docks, he will buy those crystals regardless of whether you have turned off the "open to race traders" option a while ago.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 16:04

Setting "station is open to race traders" to off by default.... Done!

I never used Couriers the way you seem to use them. I'm generally ok with gatherers and suppliers. In the next version, OCV can be killed once and for all, so there's a long-term goal that can make the end-game less boring. Also, with the Perks system, you must specialize your Sanctuaries, and it gives a little more strategic choices.

However, I think the feeling of being too powerful is peculiar to the X series. Many people think that X3 feels too much of work, like you say. It's more a Space Excel than a Space Opera. I'm trying to break that a little, but that's still going to be a sandbox with a lot of menus. For me, Eve Online was like work; X3 feels much better :)

multox
x4

Post by multox » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 19:21

Thanks for the explanation and the tweak, Joubarbe!

If you don't mind, would it be possible to add tooltips to each of the Adjust Station Parameters settings for newbies like myself?

Here's my current understanding of each setting. Maybe this text can be useful to you. I know programmers in general hate to write docs. :)

Maximum jumps
Traders working for this station will not search for trade deals that require traversing more than this many gates.

Station is open to race traders
Opens the station to allow traders of other races to purchase goods from this station.

Station is open to your own traders
Allows Sohnen traders to purchase goods from this station.

Set SA to standby and DA to ignore
Station agents assigned to this station will be paused, and suppliers/gatherers will ignore it.

Betty -- Is it possible to turn off Betty when clicking each of the products listed in this screen. She keeps giving incorrect information over and over again.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 19:31

"Betty -- Is it possible to turn off Betty when clicking each of the products listed in this screen. She keeps giving incorrect information over and over again."

Down in the lower left corner, in the same menu as save and load, there is an option for Audio settings. You can set her to not be verbose. Not a 100%, but it might help you.

"Set SA to standby and DA to ignore
Station agents assigned to this station will be paused, and suppliers/gatherers will ignore it. "

If it is a dock, it will also stop all DA Buyers, Sellers, Gatherers and Suppliers owned by that station.

Fun-X
x4

Re: How do I set the sanctuary to buy and not sell?

Post by Fun-X » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 19:41

multox wrote:I'm feeling confused because Betty says in the Adjust Station Parameters screen that "You can specify the price at which the freighters working for this factory should buy resources." So I set it low, because I want to buy low, right? Well it turns out that the sanctuary sold a bunch of stuff that I wanted to keep.
It is a shortcoming of the underlying engine.

The betty voice is correct for regular stations. For example, on an ore mine you would set the buying price for Energy Cells.

As it pertains to docks, there is no way to set a buying price and a different selling price for the same ware. Not on the same station. It is one price for both buying and selling.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 19:53

I don't like to write docs indeed. In 2.2.0, the main page of this mod will be very concise, and all information (plural without "s", good panda) will be available in-game, in the encyclopedia, through special sections.

I'm also thinking of putting everything on Moddb. I'm tired of these file hosts.

multox
x4

Post by multox » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 20:02

A minor suggestion, I love the concept of this mod. If you don't mind I would like to make small suggestions as I learn.

Would it be possible to add the amount of research remaining to the Research Station's name like you did for the Sanctuary? So if the research is currently at 17/60 then it would show 43, and gradually diminish until research is complete then it would be at zero.

Research Station | 43
Sanctuary | 4997

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 20:15

Will do.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 22:18

Another minor thing hopefully, We see % complete when building ships, shields and lasers at our sanctuaries, but would it be much work to also add an expected time to completion?

multox
x4

Post by multox » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 22:55

Joubarbe wrote:If "station is open to race traders" these settings are the price at which other traders are going to buy them. Put a very high price, and nobody will buy it.

So I'm confused again, I set the price very high - ore at 206. So now my Sanctuary decided to buy ore at 206 from some random trader. Is this both the buy AND the sell price? Is there a way to set a particular product to either buy or sell. (Not both!)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”