[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 22:09

Sirrobert wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:I think he meant the max. number of perks. 4 by default. More if you have permanent wars. More in 2.5.0 if you do stuff to Betty.
What kind of stuff can we do to Betty? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tell her logical paradoxes, ie "This statement is false". It makes her algorithms go wild!

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 22:41

Joubarbe, don't know if you noticed, but someone made a small guide for Mayhem 2.4.2 on Reddit. Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... ayhem_242/

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 11:30

I've finally decided to make the Station Agent useful again:

The Station Agent software allows a ship to manage the wares of its homebase factory. The ship will first acquire needed resources either by fetching them from one of your factories or Sanctuaries, or by buying them, then it will distribute products to the nearest Sanctuary. Import and export thresholds from both the factory and the Sanctuary are regarded in the process.

To be clear: fetching from factories and Sanctuaries is priority #1 (sorted by distance), NPC stations come next.

Also, I got rid of the level system. No artificial waiting anymore.

... and the Station Agent Software comes with all TS :)

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 12:07

Joubarbe wrote:Also, I got rid of the level system. No artificial waiting anymore.

... and the Station Agent Software comes with all TS :)
Thank you! I stopped using them because of that.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 12:28

Which level system?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 12:30

In LU, station agents have a level, just like ST and UT. Higher level means that their search for trading partners is faster. (in LU, you see "negotiating sell/buy", and it can take a while...)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 13:49

Joubarbe wrote:In LU, station agents have a level, just like ST and UT. Higher level means that their search for trading partners is faster. (in LU, you see "negotiating sell/buy", and it can take a while...)
Got it, thanks.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 22:35

End of day 1: two sectors only. The main plots forces me to be a bad boy, Kha'aks are threatening my miners, Goners wants me to clean up a sector, pirates are roaming around my second Sanctuary with 2 M7, Ascension has failed, OCV is coming in about 6 hours and I only have 7 M3 and 1 M6 to defend myself.
But I can produce as many stations as I want and money is not a problem. I should have built an OWP earlier though...

I must confess, the pressure is higher than I expected. :) (and I like it that way) I also probably had a ton of bad luck in that game.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 23:01

Where did you land btw? I prefer to have adjacent sectors, Power Circle + Antigone Memorial was nice imo (Argon start).

I have a suggestion, is it possible to remove jumpdrives for EVERYONE (AI too)? I'd love to try that ...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 02:33

Possible in theory, but that would require a ton of work to make it consistent. I mean, you don't remove jumpdrive like that without causing a very high impact on the gameplay. The game is not designed to work without it.

(I play the Normal gamestart; the best when it comes to rebalance things. I have done a lot of adjustments during this playthrough, that's also why I'm so late)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 11:14

Any way we could help you?

CHANGE: When attacking a Battle Group ship, all other Battle Group ships in the sector will see you as a foe.

This works for AI too?

UPD2: Why mines aren't a thing in Mayhem? I haven't used them myself, but in vanilla X3 they were pretty deadly. Could be a way to deal with OCV, especially early on.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 16:53

Yes, that works for everyone.

Mines? Yeah, why not. Maybe one day.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 20:42

Joubarbe wrote:CHANGE: When attacking a Battle Group ship, all other Battle Group ships in the sector will see you as a foe.
All of a sudden I have an urgent need to go to the toilet

Mesthione
x4

Post by Mesthione » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 04:01

Alright, it's been several years since I've booted up LU but now after looking at Mayhem and what this 2.5 will bring (the IEX stuff) I'm pretty excited to get back into X3. Planning on throwing an ENB over it as well. I just realized after downloading and getting burned out on other space games that I've just been searching for something to fill the hole of X3 (and X4 isn't coming anytime soon...)

Just a few dumb questions since I can't find a central wiki thread and the ModDB is sparse...

1. Are Joubarbe's other plugins included in Mayhem, or should I also grab his toolkit, ADS, satellite stuff, etc?
2. Any other major plugins or mods that dovetail well with Mayhem? I customized my LU so hard last time but I don't want to overdo it as it seems Joubarbe took care of most reasons I used those anyways.
3. There is a cockpit mod for LU - I assume this will still work for Mayhem (no new ships?)
4. [pssstt release 2.5 already :) ]

Thanks!

Sean

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 07:07

Moddb is sparse? You've got an instructions page on the main file download page. It has a compatibility section.

3. This should work, but I don't guarantee it.

Mesthione
x4

Post by Mesthione » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 09:03

Oh geez my bad I missed the "read more" under the download which has everything I was looking for. Doh

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 13:31

Mesthione wrote:Oh geez my bad I missed the "read more" under the download which has everything I was looking for. Doh
I did the same mistake back in the days :D

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 20:15

Will the new marines be using pirates sidearms and terran emp rifles? Finnaly would be a purpose for those goods exsitence :thinking:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 20:30

Disintegrator rifles only. (I may change that)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 20:39

Joubarbe wrote:Disintegrator rifles only. (I may change that)
I have no idea how the new system works, but if they had different stats or side effects ("EMP rifles deal less damage to the ship and defending marines" kind of thing), would make sense.

I know it's impossible to find use for every ware in the universe, just trying to think of something at this point ...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”