[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

XenonArchitect7

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3 BETA 5 (Hotfix 2)

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 27. May 20, 07:50

Zaitsev wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 01:49
Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 16:45
Zaitsev wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 16:11
I guess there will be some extensive SETA runs tonight, to see if the OCV shows up or not. Thanks for the input.
Please share your results! I don't think anyone has ever tried if and especially where they show up!
So, testing is done and the results are in.

1 - As long as the threat level stays at zero, nothing happens. No alerts, no nothing.

2 - Threat level goes up every 24 hours regardless of whether I have claimed a sector or not, and once it goes up the OCV invasion countdown starts immediately.

3 - I let the countdown reach zero without claiming a sector, and nothing happened. I got no warnings, and no OCV ship spawned. I ran SETA until my threat level went up again, but the OCV countdown didn't trigger.

4 - I then claimed a sector, and soon after I had started buildin a Sanctuary it triggered an OCV invasion. I'm not 100% sure if it was the claiming of a sector or the building of a Sanctuary that triggered the OCV invasion, but they came knocking regardless.

So I got my answers, but they were of the undesirable sort. I guess I could technically avoid it by picking the Vagrant start, but I'm not sure if I want to leave out the additional challenge the OCV will bring. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Wow, you waited 24 hours before trying to get started in Mayhem 2? I know the OCV have a very terrifying reputation from LU, but they are quite manageable in Mayhem 2, even on the OCV hunter start. You should find a nice group of unknown sectors (these are randomly placed) and claim your first one as soon as you can. You should start playing the game normally instead of waiting. Just salvage fighters and M6 from around the galaxy, and this will be enough to easily defeat the first OCV invasion, even if you can't manage to get the materials needed to repair your first M6 to full hitpoints by that time. The OCV focus your stations, so they are easily too distracted to fight you. On my many OCV hunter runs, I almost always managed to get 1-2 fully repaired M6 up and running for the first OCV invasion, which was usually always just fighters. I wouldn't worry too much. Worst thing that can happen is that they completely destroy all your stations (first invasion won't have the firepower for this), and if so just move to another sector. A salvaged M6 that is on 10% hull hitpoints is just as viable as one with full hitpoints if the shield doesn't fall.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 27. May 20, 08:28

djmidex wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 01:07
ok then, look in my latest save, there are Three Worlds Trade Agents, and they use my jump beacon in Queens Retribution to trade far beyond Outpost Restriction. I thought it was intended :gruebel:
Are you absolutely positive about that? What I'm seeing is your Traders going through your jump beacons network to reach stations that are in range of your Outpost. The jump beacons they're taking can be out of range, they don't check that (and it works as intended). In other words, if there is a jump beacon that is allowing them to make a shorter trip, they will take it, no matter how far it is from their Outpost.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Wed, 27. May 20, 08:33

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 07:33
4square425 wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 02:16
I started to test out marines...
Please upload save + galaxy.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Marines are in the TP, but the TP is docked in the Outpost with the sickbay perk.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 27. May 20, 08:50

Thanks, fixed.
4square425 wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 02:16
I started to test out marines. It's definitely going to be tough since all the hackable ships belong to factions and you've got to lower their shields. To test, I used the cheat console to lower their shields without incurring return fire.
If you target a hostile ship, yeah, it will be tough, and probably almost impossible.

Hint:
Spoiler
Show
Mobile EMP Device

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Wed, 27. May 20, 08:59

Hector0x wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 06:59
djmidex wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 23:27
4. Is there any way to make factory stop its production? where is "Pause SA and DA Agents"? for example, i have Jumpdrive core factory, but i dont want it to produce all the time as i dont need so much jump beacons.
There is a nice trick that i use if i want to recycle a factory but empty it out first because i believe you only get some building material back and loose all resources inside. This also makes the factory stop working:
Set import and export thresholds to 0.
Export 0 makes all ships take out the very last products of it's storage. And import 0 would mean the factory had to run completely empty before anyone is allowed to drop any more resources in. But the factory input storage actually never reaches zero because some trace amounts always remain. Not enough to start a new production cycle, but the storage level is not zero. This seems to work and keeps the factory in hibernation with an almost empty storage.

Compared to this pausing agent jobs can be painful if you have to do it on multiple outposts.
thanks for advice)

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Wed, 27. May 20, 09:11

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 08:28
djmidex wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 01:07
ok then, look in my latest save, there are Three Worlds Trade Agents, and they use my jump beacon in Queens Retribution to trade far beyond Outpost Restriction. I thought it was intended :gruebel:
Are you absolutely positive about that? What I'm seeing is your Traders going through your jump beacons network to reach stations that are in range of your Outpost. The jump beacons they're taking can be out of range, they don't check that (and it works as intended). In other words, if there is a jump beacon that is allowing them to make a shorter trip, they will take it, no matter how far it is from their Outpost.
not absolutely, i saw them running sectors outside their range. Now, as you explained the mechanics, its clear that its intended. Anyway i`ll look at them once more during my playthroug and will let you know if something goes wrong.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Wed, 27. May 20, 10:03

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 00:47
Edna wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 23:50
Beta 4 H1:
I noticed that it requires only one Research Station to access Terran blueprints. From that Research Station you can use the "apply to all other Research Stations" button and they all work on that blueprint. Is that intended?
I cannot reproduce that. When I click apply to all, only my Research stations with Terran memory share the project.
I'm stupid, like really stupid. I thought the Akuma was a Terran blueprint. Sorry for that.

Tomsoneeta

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3 BETA 6

Post by Tomsoneeta » Wed, 27. May 20, 13:18

Thank you for the updates and fixes, really loving the Mayhem 3. Love the Mayhem 2 but the ability to change the number of sectors in Mayhem 3 is amazing,
the performance is great on my old laptop :D

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Wed, 27. May 20, 13:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byrxkHEtKKc

For those who are curious about how Missile Frigates and TLs perform against a Xenon sector. Mind you I was bored and didn't prepare anything for this offense, nor did I coordinate it. That being said, the TLs, while behaving like absolute retards, are nice tanks in fleet battles.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 27. May 20, 18:49

strange behavior, see image:
Spoiler
Show
Got a Hercules TL in Quiet Tides. I want to setup a jump beacon in Queens Space. Now i'm aware that i have to move him one sector at a time at first because starting the journey in Magrathea he wanted to take the beacon route through Gaian Prophecy to get to Queen's Space faster. He ignores my blacklist on the Xenon sector Empire's Edge (which is fine because it's a direct move order).

Now comes the funny part. If i tell him to go through the north gate in Quiet Tides, he instead goes through the west gate. I watched him with SETA and he was going back to the beacon in Magrathea. Teleported to Gaian Prophecy, and headed to the south gate into the Xenon sector. Which is clearly the long way from his current position.
Alternative: If i drop a jump beacon into Quiet Tides he is heading for the north gate.
save

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 27. May 20, 18:54

Sightseeing maybe?
I'll look into it.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 27. May 20, 23:51

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 07:50
Zaitsev wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 01:49
Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 16:45

*snip*
*snip*
Wow, you waited 24 hours before trying to get started in Mayhem 2? I know the OCV have a very terrifying reputation from LU, but they are quite manageable in Mayhem 2, even on the OCV hunter start. You should find a nice group of unknown sectors (these are randomly placed) and claim your first one as soon as you can. You should start playing the game normally instead of waiting. Just salvage fighters and M6 from around the galaxy, and this will be enough to easily defeat the first OCV invasion, even if you can't manage to get the materials needed to repair your first M6 to full hitpoints by that time. The OCV focus your stations, so they are easily too distracted to fight you. On my many OCV hunter runs, I almost always managed to get 1-2 fully repaired M6 up and running for the first OCV invasion, which was usually always just fighters. I wouldn't worry too much. Worst thing that can happen is that they completely destroy all your stations (first invasion won't have the firepower for this), and if so just move to another sector. A salvaged M6 that is on 10% hull hitpoints is just as viable as one with full hitpoints if the shield doesn't fall.
I waited a little over 48 hours, actually. :P

Just to clarify, I'm fully aware of how Mayhem works and how it's supposed to be played. At the risk of going overboard with unnecessary details I had this roleplay scenario in mind, where I would play as an everyman who had to climb the proverbial ladder before they could play with the big boys. Since jumping from barely being able to fly a ship to claiming a sector and organizing a defense force in 24 hours seemed a bit too far fetched, I needed to find out how the game would react to me not claiming any sectors. So, since noone had apparently been bonkers enough to go "eff the rules, I'm just gonna roam around and not claim anything" I had to be that bonkers person and do some experimentation. Unfortunately bending the rules yielded results I couldn't work with, so I either have to find some sort of workaround, or scrap the idea entirely and start over from scratch. It was interesting to see how Mayhem handled my shenanigans though, as I'll admit a small part of me was afraid I would break the game.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 28. May 20, 04:41

Edna wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 13:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byrxkHEtKKc

For those who are curious about how Missile Frigates and TLs perform against a Xenon sector. Mind you I was bored and didn't prepare anything for this offense, nor did I coordinate it. That being said, the TLs, while behaving like absolute retards, are nice tanks in fleet battles.
Yup, that's what I did to invade 2 xenon sectors so far: lead with the TL followed by a swarm of 72 fighters, 8 Akurei (Terran TM), and 2 M6. No offensive capital ships on my end yet.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 28. May 20, 06:59

@Zaitsev: In X3\addon\t\9972-L044.xml, you'll find these two lines that could help you:

Code: Select all

<t id="66">86400</t> <!-- How often the threat level is increased by 1 point. (default: 86400) -->
		<t id="134">1</t> <!-- Threat at which the OCV can start invading your sectors. (default: 1) -->

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Thu, 28. May 20, 08:43

Well, missile resupply is working, although my supply ship is always ordering missiles from the nearest Outpost that can produce them. I can understand why, but it might be nice to be able to designate which Outpost the supply ship orders the missiles from to take advantage of specialization levels and the optimal parallel processing perk.
*Note* The nearest Outpost has the highest specialization in missiles, so I don't know if proximity or specialization is taking precedence.

On another topic, I witnessed a Split battlegroup repel an entire OCV wave on their own. I was getting worried about their rapid rate of expansion compared to vanilla Litcube and even Mayhem 2, but the defeat changed that. Right now, the OCV have conquered four sectors in a few hours of playing time with the first wave. The second wave emerged, went in a different direction as the first, and got destroyed by the Split as mentioned.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 28. May 20, 09:11

Hector0x wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 18:49
strange behavior, see image [...]
Hotfixed

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 28. May 20, 09:22

4square425 wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 08:43
On another topic, I witnessed a Split battlegroup repel an entire OCV wave on their own.
That's good to know. I honestly didn't think it was possible :)
How many sectors do you have? OCV scales to that.

Leshak
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3 BETA 6 (Hotfix 1)

Post by Leshak » Thu, 28. May 20, 13:22

Have a one agent on outpost where first job is set to import food from another outpost (load is set to 8000, see screenshot for details). That another outpost does not have 8k for load. Agents status cycle between "Browsing job 1" and "Standby" ignoring other jobs below.
So he will sit and wait for source outpost to accumulate 8k of food, deliver it, than wait again and again until he deliver 1kk to homebase. Is that intended behavior?

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3 BETA 6 (Hotfix 1)

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 28. May 20, 13:58

Oh, these agents... Save + galaxy please.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”