[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.13

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:09

"Outposts" are the new sanctuaries. There is one in each sector, including for AI (one of the main goal of Mayhem 3 being to make the AI plays about the same way as the player).

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:24

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:09
"Outposts" are the new sanctuaries. There is one in each sector, including for AI (one of the main goal of Mayhem 3 being to make the AI plays about the same way as the player).
Does that mean that sectors can be captured by taking out just the outpost or will we still need to destroy every station in the sector?

Mordaen
x4

Post by Mordaen » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 14:35

Sounds pretty neat in terms of the functionality of the station filters then :)

Btw. not sure if you got inspired by the series, but the way your mod is working reminds of the Total War series a lot. Dunno if som1 else has seen that so far :)
Except that the empire management is real time instead of round-based it has actually a lot in common imho.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 17:04

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 10. Dec 19, 14:40
Hey Zaitsev. Long time no see.
Indeed. Got severely burned out on X, so I haven't played in ... a couple of years, I think.
I've been lurking though, and I got bitten by the bug again about a month ago, so I've been knocking off some
stick rust and I'm preparing another DID run over in creative. Hopefully without premature deaths this time. :p

Who knows, maybe I'll try a DID run in Mayhem as well? I haven't played it since version 1-point-something, but I think
it could work very well as the backdrop for some good stories.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 17:36

1-point something... Hmm, you missed a lot of things!
I've always tried to make Mayhem a story-teller kind of game, so you should definitely try 2.9.13.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 19:11

The new station settings look really neat! You have pretty much re-built X3 from scratch at this point, hats off to all your hard work. Looking forward to the ability to mass-issue the station freight import/export settings among everything else you have shown.

Mordaen
x4

Post by Mordaen » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 15:01

Zaitsev wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 17:04

Who knows, maybe I'll try a DID run in Mayhem as well? I haven't played it since version 1-point-something, but I think
it could work very well as the backdrop for some good stories.
Afak som1 started merging Star Wars-Mod and Mayhem together, I think that could be an interesting approach for a weird and funny story, how Star Wars ships ended up in the X-Universe with some weird Lore-Mixing :D

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 15:22

@Zaitsev: Yes, Mayhem DiD! Title: "Children of Tyche - Phoenix Nation"
Would certainly read that :D

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Sat, 14. Dec 19, 18:31

How can I change my crosshair in manual flight mode? Right now it looks like this (cross axis, video for reference):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GrZyPDJVzc

and I want to change it to look like this (hollow in the middle, video for reference):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md2Nb-jqwuo

Mordaen
x4

Post by Mordaen » Sun, 15. Dec 19, 22:31

TL/DR: Detailed Ship and Weapon Sheet for Mayhem, also including progression tracker.

Well,

after I started with x3 Mayhem a few weeks ago after I haven't played x3 in around 10 years, I stumbled across the issue, not knowing what ships are good, what weapons I should equip etc.
The informations given in the internetz were not very good tbh, so I decided to make an excel sheet to gather some data, since I like to have the crucial informations on my second screen (or for example, if you see a ship sold by the companies, you have to close the window, remember all ships you want to look up and compare them on the ship compendium, also you don't know if you already got the blueprint ready for research, since the ship compendium only shows up the researched BP's).

In the end I must say, I seem too really hate myself, since making this sheet took me a around a full week with arround 3-5 hours spent every day :D
Gathered all the data by the ingame encyclopedia, the nice ship compendium from Mayhem, as well as some info inside the TFiles. Then I parsed all the data by hand into excel. There will be typos for sure! Who ever finds some, just PM me and I will try to fix it.

Anyways:

IMPORTANT: I recommend downloading the file and opening it up with excel, at least from what I can tell some information are not showing up with google docs on browser (e.g. turret configuration; there are comments showing the equipable weapons and they are color coded by weapon class for easier classification; those comments are not colored if you view it with google docs), as well as that you can check your aquired ship blueprints (colums BP and BP ready).
No idea if the comments stay colorized with with libre or open office, guess you will find out.

Probably I will make a reddit post for this sheet as well, but that's a job for another day :D

Finally the sheet:

Mayhem Ship and Weapon Sheet

Enjoy it. Also since I made everything more or less manually (except some easier formulas), I was able to find some ships that are standing out from the mass. Probably I will make a post here or on reddit and present some of the most interesting ships of all classes, but that's also a job for another day.

Have a good one o/

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 00:18

I don't mean to be that guy... But Litcube has an excel tool that takes the game files and generates a massive spreadsheet with all these stats automatically. It can also be used for modding the stats very easily too since it can also write to the files...

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/download. ... V1.3.2.zip

But it's not perfect and it's a little hard to read at first due to the massive quantity of information it contains. Just FYI in case you didn't know. You might find it useful in the future for ships besides the TS class. I think the download has LU's files in there by default but you can easily replace them with Mayhem's files and re-import them.

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 06:20

seularts wrote:
Sat, 14. Dec 19, 18:31
How can I change my crosshair in manual flight mode? Right now it looks like this (cross axis, video for reference):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GrZyPDJVzc

and I want to change it to look like this (hollow in the middle, video for reference):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md2Nb-jqwuo
So, to answer my own question for everyone who doesn't know this. You have to download the separate GUI file from Litcube and install Trix GUI! Hope it helps everyone else who had this question on their minds!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 09:17

Nice work Mordaen!
Now we have two spreadsheets, along with this one.
Both linked into the Mayhem file page.

Mordaen
x4

Post by Mordaen » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 09:25

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Mon, 16. Dec 19, 00:18
I don't mean to be that guy... But Litcube has an excel tool that takes the game files and generates a massive spreadsheet with all these stats automatically. It can also be used for modding the stats very easily too since it can also write to the files...

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/download. ... V1.3.2.zip

But it's not perfect and it's a little hard to read at first due to the massive quantity of information it contains. Just FYI in case you didn't know. You might find it useful in the future for ships besides the TS class. I think the download has LU's files in there by default but you can easily replace them with Mayhem's files and re-import them.
FML...
Guess that would have saved me half of the week :D
Actually the other ship types are done as well, also weapons and missles. They are hidden in the different tabs.

Anyways thanks for the link, if somehow at some point (maybe 3.0?) the ships get changed, this will be easier to process the data xD

EDIT: just realized that you're the man behind the swlu mayhem edition. I plan to test/play this mod in the future as well, probably I will make another sheet then, including the Star Wars ships :D

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 10:27

Hector0x wrote:
Fri, 13. Dec 19, 15:22
@Zaitsev: Yes, Mayhem DiD! Title: "Children of Tyche - Phoenix Nation"
Would certainly read that :D
I can't promise I will use that exact title, but it did spark some interesting ideas. Stay tuned. ;)
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

sataricon
x3ap

Post by sataricon » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 15:48

So being very new to this mod and to the game in general i have this problem.
I docked at a split station and saved.
Next time i load i find that the entire split population have turned hostile towards me.
I did nothing at all and i was at rank 2 with them.

I understand that war is an integral part of this mod but i hope to understand why this happened.
I used vagrant beginning "trying to learn as most as i can" and claimed 1 sector and have 1 sanctuary.
didn't do much combat at all and never assaulted any race.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 16:30

Please upload your savegame before the Splits turn hostile to you.

sataricon
x3ap

Post by sataricon » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 16:41

I don't have it sadly as i used the same save slot.
Begginer mistake.
I thought that this could be a feature or something.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 17:33

You load your game and everyone becomes your enemies? No, that's not a feature.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”