[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 18:07

VincentTH wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:Trade MK3 is still available in PTNI HQ's equipment dock, just saying. And its only 5k or something.
I hope that is intentional. It gets rid of the exploit, and allows the player to make money in early game.
No it doesn't, because that software still costs it's full price, in Crystals.
Having it suddenly available for dirt cheap would not be intentional.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 18:10

Darkternal wrote:It is with latest patch. But when started the game it was 2.3.0.
May be you did not update/rename your cat/dat files between 2.3.0 and the current release. It is not in my game.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 18:14

VincentTH wrote:May be you did not update/rename your cat/dat files between 2.3.0 and the current release. It is not in my game.
I did. You can check my save if you want.

Guys, is that normal for Mayhem? ATF and Terrans spread all over the map.
Last edited by Darkternal on Sun, 11. Feb 18, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

tchapin1979
x4

LUV 1.7.0 or 1.7.2

Post by tchapin1979 » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 18:27

The most recent mayhem releases are compatible with LUV 1.7.2, right? Or just 1.7.0?

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 18:49

Recent changes that include the timeouts are a very welcome addition. thank you Joubarbe.

Im pretty sure i read somewere that DA's would move onto another job of same priority if import/export thresholds were not met. This does not seem to be the case and the only work around ive come up with is the throw more DA's into the mix. This change should make things alot easier to manage with fewer ships.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 19:06

Darkternal wrote:
VincentTH wrote:May be you did not update/rename your cat/dat files between 2.3.0 and the current release. It is not in my game.
I did. You can check my save if you want.

Guys, is that normal for Mayhem? ATF and Terrans spread all over the map.
It was even worse in previous releases of MayHem. Their combined forces eclipse all other races, and their alliance cannot be broken. By game day 10, the combined force own 2/3 of the map!!! Their ships are much more powerful (more shield more powerful guns) than the Commonwealth counterparts. Blame it on Egosoft for making the change in X3TC/ AP patch such that their rep moves in unison!!!!

Their aggressiveness (ability to wage invasion) has been reduced in recent patches.
Last edited by VincentTH on Sun, 11. Feb 18, 19:35, edited 2 times in total.

VincentTH
x4

Re: LUV 1.7.0 or 1.7.2

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 19:22

tchapin1979 wrote:The most recent mayhem releases are compatible with LUV 1.7.2, right? Or just 1.7.0?
I am running MayHem with X3AP3.3 and LU 1.7.2. Great performance, compared to previously. IMHO, of course!!!!

Rostiro
x3tc

Post by Rostiro » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 21:30

Mayehem 2.3.6 (Start with 2.3.4), Updated Dat/cat.
MK3 Trading software is still on Teladi equipment dock in Two Grand after save reload.
But something wierd hapens after update. If I load a save on some maps are "ghost ships". Ships with pilots but these ships only stay on place and never move. After 8 game hours these ships are still on the same place.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 21:39

I also learned that Terran invasions are hard to stop. You can't really help the defender in combat because they only gain warscore if they destroy a Terran vessel themselves. You can't earn warscore for them.
Factions with stronger ships have a really big advantage here.

Sending money to the shipyard will only feed the Terrans more victims to gain warscore from. Of course you can conquer the sector for the previous owner but you have to do it the dirty way (destroying all stations)
Maybe the defender should build up a bigger fleet template before sending the second reinforcement wave but this could mess up the whole clean warscore feature if the invader can't score more points for a long time.

I'd be interested in the ability to not only choose invasion targets, but also order defensive actions - multiple shipyards defending a single location.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 21:47

After givin command to assist to MLCC I often has that result. What is it and how it can be avoided?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 21:51

Hector0x wrote:I'd be interested in the ability to not only choose invasion targets, but also order defensive actions - multiple shipyards defending a single location.
That was the case once. Then comes performance problems. Seriously if I had time and money I would redo another mod :) But Mayhem must stay Mayhem, with its flaws.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 22:11

Is it Warscore based on the ships you kill now?
I thought it was based on an invasion fleet being active in the invaded sector. So if you clear out the Terran ships, the defender could just stay in the sector and build up the score?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 22:22

Afaik they score if an enemy military ship is destroyed. Don't know anything about war points over time.

@Joubarbe: Understandable. I think i once saw 2 argon sy which both invaded the same boron sector. Could have been many versions ago though.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 22:28

Hector0x wrote:Afaik they score if an enemy military ship is destroyed. Don't know anything about war points over time.

@Joubarbe: Understandable. I think i once saw 2 argon sy which both invaded the same boron sector. Could have been many versions ago though.
If they don't kill any ship, they gain some scores after every invasion tick.
What I did in my previous game, was to take the hull down to 20-30%, and let my allies finish off the enemy ship But most of the time, I can't recall my fighters in time. oops!!!! :-)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 22:48

Warscore is based on both kills and time. It's the "Equilibrium" factor in the customizable t file. That could maybe a good idea to make player kills count for warscore... I'd have to think about it.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 22:51

Well, the time part already lets players help.

Austinners
x3ap

Post by Austinners » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 05:46

@Joubarbe

Pretty simple and cheap fix for 2.36 - I likes. I still may tweak a little as I'm an impatient fellow and any one waiting for a job that can't be done makes me sad. If I figure out anything smart I'll share.

That said - what's your metric for performant with respect to DAs? Ie: no slowdown with 300 DAs running around..? I know that LU as a whole is big on optimisation (which X3 really needed) so I'm curious as to how the real men/modders figure out what's worth the clock cycles.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 09:03

A ship that doesn't wait means that he has to continuously browse the job list. That will be very bad for performance.

LU's main performance gain comes from the new rate of fire (i.e. if you increase it back to its vanilla value, you'll instantly feel the difference - other changes are important as well of course, but more subtle). More improvements could maybe made by reviewing all scripts (especially ones that are assigned to job ships), but I'm sure the real problems are hardcoded (new rate of fire fixes a symptom, not a cause). The scripting language is slow, and I know that it can be improved. But not by me :)

I didn't make any serious performance tests with the new DAs. I'm pretty sure they're fine as they are; but not if you force them to search a goal every millisecond...

X3 has too many ships. It would be better to make each of them a bit more important, by creating new systems, rather than increasing their number.

On a side note, I'm under the vague/abstract/mystical impression than 3.3 did some good to performance... Maybe it's just me...

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 09:08

Bug (maybe): When I request ships for assistance from MLCC Dock I receive this message about that some ships are damaged (usually from 1% to 10 %). I cannot understand why dock does not sent ships to repair dock automatically or it is some feature of the mod (searched changelogs but didn't find anything). I tried to force auto-sending through restock command, but no result.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 12:17

Joubarbe wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:Trade MK3 is still available in PTNI HQ's equipment dock, just saying. And its only 5k or something.
Can you reload your game and tell me if that's still here? Then try to check it from times to times if it's coming back. Thanks!
It's gone in 2.3.6 !

UPD: Not really https://imgur.com/a/mTWQD

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”