[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

albazeus
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by albazeus » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:40

Fureimuu wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 18:42
X4 is boring af tbh. Looks good tho.
albazeus wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 21:37
Hello, I'd like to change where th adv. satellite are placed. I put $y=20000 between the lines 120/121 of the file Cmd.DeploySat.xml but didn't work. Which file should I modify?
That file, but there are 2 lines with coordinates. You need to change both. Make sure to restart your game after editing.
ok thanks!

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 15:32

Is there a description on what this mod is or even does? So far I see change logs and stuff, but I have no idea what this does...

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:53

DuckSoup wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 15:32
Is there a description on what this mod is or even does? So far I see change logs and stuff, but I have no idea what this does...
MODDB page. On the right press READ MORE button see to full description.

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:28

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:53
DuckSoup wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 15:32
MODDB page. On the right press READ MORE button see to full description.
Ahh there we go.

Thank you!

Mindtwist
x3ap

Post by Mindtwist » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:39

I've decided to try out Mayhem recently, everything is great so far. However I have an issue with DA's working on Acquire job from NPC stations. They go for very low stock stations and basically waste their time bringing back only a few products. Is there a way to make them only visit npc stations that have "> x amount/percent" of stock in them? There's the DA import/export threshold, but I dont think it works with NPC stations. Am I missing something?

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:53

After searching this thread, it's seems that the robustness of a ship has nothing to do with the hardness of the hull, but only with its maintenance cost. Can somebody please confirm this?
If that's true, why don't you just call it maintenance? Or maybe better, expensiveness?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 23:38

albazeus wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 22:53
Can somebody please confirm this?
you are correct

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 15:15

Sorry for spamming, but is there an easy way to modify the quantity of resources and products of the factories?
I saw this file inside mayhem: Menu.SaturnComplexHub.Install.xml
Is there perhaps the possibility to enable saturn complex hubs in mayhem?

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:33

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 18:39
No and No.
At least you are clear. :D

war1312
x4

Post by war1312 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:13

Hey Guys

Quick question i have 3 ODW with weapons(every turret is not full yet) and shields with their orders as attack all. However when OCV come they never open fire luckily my M6s were able to hold them off.

Thanks

glaucon
x4

Post by glaucon » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 14:20

Joubarbe, I have to say this is an amazing mod. I bought X4 on release, but it is so broken, I decided to try mayhem until X4 is patched to playable.

I am playing Mayhem for several days now, I love it. This is everything I wanted from the X series! X4 seems tame and empty after this...

deztar
x3ap

Post by deztar » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:24

After picking up X4 and realizing that it need more patches,
I decided to go back and start a new Mayhem game.

Gotta say, love the new boarding system and storyline.
With vanilla boarding Xenon ships are much harder to board, which seems not be the case with the new system.
Was it intended?
I don't mind, just pointing out. In vanilla it is nearly impossible, which is irritating.

So to the main point,
I miss the way loose wares are handled in Litcube's (Dock agents sell anything that is beyond threshold or doesn't belong in the dock at all).

And in Mayhem, when you have tons of loose wares from stripped ships and collected loot you have to either:
Manually load up a TS and have it go to different docks and sell stuff or run Trade Run commands for every ware
OR Set up sell jobs for all those wares (which I did last playthrough, but now I feel lazy and don't want to)
(I also believe 'manual' labor goes against everything Litcube stands for)

Is there another way that I don't see?

Well, before asking that I actually wrote a command script to help with that.
It sells all wares from ship's cargo hold.
Would someone kindly look at it and tell me if it's OK (It seems to work, can't tell if it's stable though).
I also can't seem to find a way to add a newline to a string inside code, so I had to use a string format from T-file, is it the only way?
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

$Message = ''
$TotalRevenue = 0

while [TRUE]
	= wait 500 ms

$Wares = [THIS]-> get tradeable ware array from ship

*End loop if there are no tradeable wares or only energy cells left

$Count = size of array $Wares
	skip if $Count
		break

dec $Count
	$WareCurrent = $Wares[$Count]

if $WareCurrent == {Energy Cells}
		if $Count == 0
			break
		else
			dec $Count
			$WareCurrent = $Wares[$Count]
		end
	end

$Amount = [THIS]-> get true amount of ware $WareCurrent in cargo bay
	$Min = get min price of ware $WareCurrent

[THIS]-> set command: [COMMAND_TYPE_TRADE_63]
	[THIS]-> set orders string sprintf: fmt= 'Selling %s' , $WareCurrent , null , null , null , null

$Return = [THIS]-> call script 'Lib.Cmd.Trade.Sell' : Ware=$WareCurrent Amount=$Amount RespectFRQCargoLimit=[FALSE] SearchMaxJumps=999 RejectPrice=$Min LoadSellAmount=[FALSE]

do if [THIS]-> call script 'Lib.Gen.ErrorCode.Message' : ErrorArray=$Return
		continue

$AmountSold = $Return[0]
	$Price = $Return[1]
	$Revenue = $AmountSold * $Price
	$TotalRevenue = $TotalRevenue + $Revenue

$AmountSold = format number: number=$AmountSold, format wrapper='%s'
	$Price = format number: number=$Price, format wrapper='%s Cr'
	$Revenue = format number: number=$Revenue, format wrapper='%s Cr'

$MessageCurrent = sprintf: pageid=8402 textid=1, [THIS], $AmountSold, $WareCurrent, $Price, $Revenue
	* Only way I could find to add newline
	$Message = sprintf: pageid=8396 textid=1, $Message, null, null, null, null
	$Message = $Message + $MessageCurrent

end

$TotalRevenue = format number: number=$TotalRevenue, format wrapper='%s Cr'
$MessageTotal = sprintf: fmt='Total Revenue: %s', $TotalRevenue, null, null, null, null
$Message = $Message + $MessageTotal
send incoming message $Message to player: display it=[FALSE]

return null
Last edited by deztar on Wed, 12. Dec 18, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Tibbsnak
x3ap

Post by Tibbsnak » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 18:56

Is the actual universe explorer script pack compatible with mayhem? Considering using them instead of... whatever the heck comes with mayhem.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 19:45

Load up everything into a cheap TS, then sell it.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 14:26

Is Litcube's Universe Weapon reference still valid for Mayhem or you have made some changes to the weapons?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:39

I'm going to list a few things from a new player's experience coming from LU.
Since this is just about 4 hrs in one start (the easy one with Springblossom), it's obviously not averaged out but it's something that I can't testify about later on since I lose the perspective with experience.

Plenty of missions, sometimes even 4-5 at the same time inside one system. I never had this many in LU.

Ferry passengers mission type is ok. Quite many impossible 3-4 min runs, but few 20-40 min ones and occasional 3-4 hour fetch bailed ship. This is very workable for a new player. My main source of income for now, whereas In LU I went with salvage early on. I certainly could do the same in Mayhem due to the abundance of ships, but there's been less need for now. Maybe this start had just the RNG on my side?
Occasionally you get a description that tells to transport people just to a station. It wasn't obvious by reading it that it seems to mean just any station, because it at least worked (got two sets of passengers into one specific location and the "Argon station" one also completed at the same dock).

Ships offered for sale can be dirt cheap. For example the second one I saw quoted me 0 credits for 57% hull Harrier. Free ship! As a bonus comedic relief he also bailed to space, so I got even more entertainment value. :D
I feel these are in general cheaper than in LU, but 100% hull ships are similarly pricey. Though also consider this one: 93% Buzzard Sentinel for 176k or 100% Buzzard Vanguard for 3,431k. I got offered those two in the same system. A world of difference in price, but not really in the hull-%.
It's interesting to see that they are almost always something you don't already have. Is it scriped to check that or is it just a random occurrence?

A few more bails early on than in LU (Zephyrus was the first or second one I got, and I got a bit too greedy by starting research with it). These and abundant very cheap offer ships rack up. I have 5+ after my first playing session and I've only discovered just 7 sectors (though I've flown back and forth a bit).

"Priority system" in Sanctuary feels byzantine even coming from LU. The first time setting up is going to be a hurdle. For example I haven't yet figured out how to set up the IDS (saw that from a year+ old Mayhem video, which also showed how many things have changed, like lack of laser towers - maybe IDS isn't there either). Specifically the assign ships to it part.
Food advice should probably be prioritized in the tutorial texts. Either direct to pick the perk that loses the food need, or tell to immediately build the fruit factory and nudge towards how to setup an internal route.
Here's another case which probably affirms that it's a common stumbling block: https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... ck_agents/

Overall the mod feels promising, and the continuing development is probably the reason for a slight lack of polish.

Tears
x3ap

Post by Tears » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 21:52

Don't know if this has been reported or if it's working as intended, but after having finally gotten some ways into Mayhem I noticed something odd:
M1's ( also carrying capable M7s and M2s ) that are used in invasions or defense of invasions don't seem to use their fighters properly.. or sometimes at all. They get shot at with their 17 fighters docked for example and even when they launch them, the fighters simply follow them around instead of engage. The only time the fighters actually start shooting stuff up is when something is right on top of them or if I try to scan the carrier after it's brought low and then it goes hostile.

Just a thought - since the mod has MLCC carrier functionality available couldn't it be applied to the NPC carriers also with some sorta default template on how many fighters to send against which type of ships? .. or maybe something is just wrong with my install and that's why it's not work. Please let me know. =)

Also what certainly is a bug that DA's sometimes get stuck in a 'being attacked, retreating' loop. And keep reporting it over and over and retreating over and over, despite not being shot at anymore. Also kinda annoying to get them out of it- I've resulted to just self destructing their stupid asses and building new ones.

Also for reference I'm using the latest version of Mayhem 2.7.8.

glaucon
x4

Post by glaucon » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:19

I have a bit of an issue.

I am almost 5 days in, and the game performance has significantly decreased since start. I had to turn down seta to 6x from 10x to no to have a full slide show.

Is this expected? What is causing this?
I have a high number of UTs, and other DA and ST....

I checked my cpu performance is not going above 50%, GPU is even lower.

AMD Phenom XII B50 3,2 Ghz and gtx 1050ti

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:27

glaucon wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:19
I am almost 5 days in, and the game performance has significantly decreased since start. I had to turn down seta to 6x from 10x to no to have a full slide show.
Are you sure that you aren't just in one of the sectors that can lag from the start? Basically all large Terran systems with animated planet graphics seem to cause that. Or the size of the systems themselves. At least for me with medium view distance (Ryzen 2600 1070ti at 1440p).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”