[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 00:01

@Joubarbe

Re:
Export/Import instructions :
1/ Make sure you have the latest LU's Export/Import package.
2/ Make sure you have the latest Mayhem's Export/Import package.
3/ Export your game using the normal LU menu (player console).
4/ Update LU if necessary.
5/ Update Mayhem (remember that Mayhem overwrites some of the LU files, so it has to be updated after LU).
6/ Start a new game with the Mayhem Import gamestart.
7/ Wait the end of the whole import process. The Mayhem Import process comes after the LU's one. It can take quite some time.
In step 3, which I/E patch should I use? The LU one or the MayHem I/E?

I take that
1. I have to have a clean LU+MayHem-2.1.3 install.
2. Then I add the LU E/I patch.
3. Export it.
4. Install MayHem I/E patch
5. Start a new game selecting the E/I start.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Something is bad in my game. I have an invincible miner that prevent me from building, and the pirates no longer spawn, and the last time I had an OCV invasion was several game days ago. Looks like the invasion script got stuck somehow. I believe I need to do an E/I to restart all scripts.
Regards,

[EDIT] The Export hangs, so I guess I just use the MayHem E/I in step 3 and 6. I just misread the instruction.

[EDIT #2] Either way, the Export hanged, so I guess I have to play with the current game. My goal is to achieve 65/66) sectors to claim the fame, but without the OCV harrassing me, that would be much easier to do :-)

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 10:53

@VincentTH

Maybe you could try a couple of hacks, if you're willing to take the chance and make back-ups:

- use MSCI to remove the invincible miner.
- use MSCI to reset the OCV clock. It's a global variable, its time base is in seconds since game-start (wild guess based on the given numbers. I did ask what time base is used but didn't get an answer, the question probably got lost in the noise).

Hopefully Joubarbe will come in with a proper solution and punt those suggestions out of existence.

Good luck,
-lpa

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 11:42

It's been a while since you report bugs only you can reproduce, so I'm guessing you have a serious problem with your game. If E/I is not working, then the problem is real. I'd say you messed up somewhere between two patches, when it required an E/I or something else. I know updating a mod or a game should be seamless, but with X3, things can be a little tricky.

Upload your savegame, I'll try an E/I myself. Having an invincible ship however, is a sign of a f*cked up game.

(both Mayhem and Litcube E/I are complementary, you need both, right before you export, because as the name said, the scripts concern both export and import)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 17:42

Joubarbe wrote:It's been a while since you report bugs only you can reproduce, so I'm guessing you have a serious problem with your game. If E/I is not working, then the problem is real. I'd say you messed up somewhere between two patches, when it required an E/I or something else. I know updating a mod or a game should be seamless, but with X3, things can be a little tricky.

Upload your savegame, I'll try an E/I myself. Having an invincible ship however, is a sign of a f*cked up game.

(both Mayhem and Litcube E/I are complementary, you need both, right before you export, because as the name said, the scripts concern both export and import)
Thanks to both of you. I just realized that I have to disable the A/V or the E/I would hang. I will try that before uploading the save game.

[EDIT] Yes, disabling the A/V and Malwarebytes allow the Export to proceed.
However, @Joubarbe if you still need to see the save game in order to fix potential problems, I will be happy to oblige.

The E/I solved the problem of pirates/Xenon not spawning, as well as the problem of the invincible miner.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 04:45

Life is beautiful.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 17:15

When a sanctuary is producing multiple different things simultaneously (ie shields, lasers, ships, stations), is production capacity split between the different types of things? For example, will the time for a sanctuary to make a destroyer be longer if I am also concurrently making shield and lasers at the same time, compared to only making the destroyer?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 17:48

Asking questions is alright, asking the same question twice while it has already been answered, not so much.
So write that in your notebook: no, multiple tasks do not slow other tasks. Same speed all the time.

FYI, "project size" is a time factor.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 21:44

lostProfitssssArrgh wrote:
Falcrack wrote:Will races only expand to a zone contiguous to their own territory? Or can they skip over sectors in their attacks?
They can only invade sectors directly adjacent to theirs.
I would like to add that Xenons and Pirates don't have to follow the above rule. The Yakis as a race, follow the rule.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 22:12

Shameless plug (I hope Joubarbe won't mind, but I know he tuned in in the past for the X3LU series): I'll be streaming some X3LU Mayhem tonight (BLIND stream) on twitch.tv/gogcom (5PM PDT / 8PM EDT / 12AM UTC / 2AM CEST). Check out calendar for your timezone at http://j.mp/streaming_schedule
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 13:31

2AM :(

Thanks for streaming Mayhem! I'll watch the replay, if any.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 11:31

Joubarbe wrote:2AM :(

Thanks for streaming Mayhem! I'll watch the replay, if any.
I found the video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179277001

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 14:10

Thanks, my next 2 hours are booked!

EDIT: I definitely need to make a proper tutorial and in-game documentation :) A good way to make money at start is to explore and find abandoned wares.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 17:13

Joubarbe wrote:Thanks, my next 2 hours are booked!

EDIT: I definitely need to make a proper tutorial and in-game documentation :) A good way to make money at start is to explore and find abandoned wares.
A tutorial would be helpful :D

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 21:26

Thanks for linking dreamer and anyone watching. Feel free to suggest things about anything I'm being stupid about :)

Unfortunately contrary to what I said at the end of the clip, I may not be able to stream more of that this Saturday as something else is coming up that I need to cover (which also happens to be a strategy in space type of game). But I can definitely feel my X3 itch needs scratching soon, for sure I'll go back to it. Seems pretty solid mod so far, I like the roleplaying/immersive experience of starting small and conquering a galaxy.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 00:49

I put this game on hold for a while, and came back last week.

Wow. A lot of updates. The explorer software is simply awesome. That includes the LU pathing on the satellite placement.

This game is hard. (Not asking you to change anything.)

I started a new game with the quickstart. I was going along raising money, and scanning ships, building ships, when the first Xenon invasion hit. Not too bad. 4 OX and 2 PX. I figured that I would be able to take it with 2 Springblossoms. That didn't work.

Then I tried again with a small OWP and three springblossoms. The npc springblossoms would not attack anything. Not sure why. I gave them orders to engage an OX, and they went the other direction. Eventually, I just sent them out of sector, and killed the OXs one at a time. I did have to jump out to grab a fresh springblossom with fresh shields. Then a PX was attacking the small OWP. I was able to get behind it, and stay there, and destroy it. I had to jump out again, and grab another springblossom. When I came back, we were locked in a tight circle near the OWP. Together, we (the OWP and I) finished the second PX.

That was really cool.

So, I figured I needed a bigger ship. But, the research station only has 100 researchers. So I figured that I should get some more sectors with research stations, and set them to researching an M7. When the Xenon Invasion showed up again, I was woefully unprepared. An M7-R, 4xPX, and a gaggle of OX. With a lot of laser towers and two medium OWP, and some M6s. It was a slaughter. I lost everything except the laser towers. I then had to re-claim the sector, which happened to make everybody mad. Getting back my reputation and rebuilding the sector took 10 hours of gametime. And Pirates were eating me in the other sectors.

Then, while I was taking a break, my computer melted down. (The game was not running.) And, now I am starting all over again.

Like I said, this game is hard.

But fun.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 12:50

Hello, how to order ship to automaticaly buy food for sanctuary? I have one hermes (TP) and i make him a freighter, but he still waiting for load.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 17:02

Szynszyl wrote:Hello, how to order ship to automaticaly buy food for sanctuary? I have one hermes (TP) and i make him a freighter, but he still waiting for load.
Have a ship with trade command softwares, Trading extension, Nav sw, and Station Agent Software.
Then go into the Sanctuary, do the followngs:

1. Advanced> Cmmand Console> Slot 1 (any slot would do)>Add Sanctuary Default product.
2. Sanctuary Dock Manager>change Location to Stockroom
Change Page tab to Sources, then Change Energy Cells (or Food) to Buy.

3. Assign the home base of the ship to the Sanctuary, then issue the command:

Orders> Command COnsole>3 Trade>>4 DockAgent>Buy

Of course, you have to give the Sanctuary some money :-)

Hope this helps

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 22:38

Thx, i try it, My ship dont have Trading Extension and station agent software and this is a problem i think. One more question, why there is no mission icon on station? I must rise my reputation to get missions or what?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 22:55

Szynszyl wrote:Thx, i try it, My ship dont have Trading Extension and station agent software and this is a problem i think. One more question, why there is no mission icon on station? I must rise my reputation to get missions or what?
All standard missions have been removed. MayHem missions are obtained from the Ministry of War. You have to define the control of the MoW before you can access it.

If you want yet more missions, you will have to use the Bounty mod, which is no longer recommended by Joubarbe. I would think that the Bounty board mod is needed, if you have the loss of rep option turned on (the default), but that is my own opinion.

If money is what you need, then you can take a look at Mobile Mining. That is the #1 credit earner in this mod, IMHO.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 23:30

Ok thx :) Another question where is good sector to train ST? I have only couple hours of play then galaxy dont change much.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”