[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.13

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 15:12

@nebbish: You should start a new game, Mayhem 3 is not coming soon.

@Edna: I saw your review, thank you! I'm not going to answer each of your point. I'm aware of most of those problems (and you're describing them pretty well) and I think Mayhem 3 will address pretty much all of them. Just a word about boarding: Factions will answer by raiding your assets after each boarding attempt (a bit more dangerous every time). It's a simple and very efficient way of fixing multiple problems concerning boarding.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 21:18

By the way, is the OCV Station Scanner save-scum proof? You'd easily save a perk slot by taking the perk, checking for OCV stations and if none are in range, you could just reload and take a different perk, or is the OCV station only generated in case of the perk getting activated?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 08:35

I'd say blatant exploits don't need to be fixed :)
It's a non competitive singleplayer environment. You always have the choice to not do something if it feels wrong.

sataricon
x3ap

Post by sataricon » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 14:26

Can i ask a question?
I played X3 Terran conflict about 30 hours and i manged to start 3 factories and nearly 10 universal traders and got some combat.
Didn't do any of the plot missions though.

I find the game somehow easy in term of getting cash "as of now my UT and factories bring me alot of money.

If i get this mod will i be able to Trade to my heart's leisure with things like UT and factories?

How hard is this mod compared to a the Vanilla and can a noob like me survive in it without raising my blood level?

Thank you.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 18:41

3 factories, hmm... Hector0x, how many do you have in your current Mayhem game? :)

But yeah, this mod is harder, I won't lie. Would be interesting to see if you "survive"; I don't see why not. Know that since a few months back, there is a global difficulty level in the Personal Console, and also an Easy Economy toggle.

sataricon
x3ap

Post by sataricon » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 19:31

:)
I admit i just started playing the game 5 days ago or something and i love it.
i love the ship design and the feeling of each race.
I actually find the design more distinct than say games like Elite and Star citizen "but that is a whole can of worms"
I even find the ship look better than they do in X4 foundation.

I didn't do too much combat though and i feel that Albion Prelude is more about large scale war than Terran Conflict.
I guess i can give Albion Prelude a play through.

Is there a guide on what to do "and how to do it" beside the one done by Darth Fiscus.
I've learned many things from CDRdave so thankx to him for the amazing effort he have done.

And thank you Joubarbe for all your hard work.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 20:27

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 18:41
how many do you have in your current Mayhem game? :)
Too much. Your mod must be broken. :mrgreen:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 21:39

Hmm... If you had so many stations, I guess the following tool would be useful :)

EDIT: If anyone can think of another filter, I'm all ears.

sataricon
x3ap

Post by sataricon » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 08:16

Why do i need the no-steam exe file?
Can't i run it from steam like normal?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 09:28

I don't recommend it. Once you install LU and Mayhem, you won't be able to restore your original folder. Besides, if Egosoft patches something, it will erase some mod files. And you also can mess things up by installing the bonus package.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 13:52

To add to what Joubarbe said I've also seen Steam randomly "update" X3, despite me explicitly changing the settings to prevent this, which made a mess of the mods I had installed at the time. It has only happened to me a couple of times, but personally I don't want to risk potentially losing my progress because Steam decided to throw a fit.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 14:40

Hey Zaitsev. Long time no see.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 16:33

Joubarbe are you currently creating your own version of the property list from scratch or something? Thought it was impossible to hide stations. What sorcery is this? :gruebel:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 16:40

Hector0x wrote:
Tue, 10. Dec 19, 16:33
Joubarbe are you currently creating your own version of the property list from scratch or something? Thought it was impossible to hide stations. What sorcery is this? :gruebel:
This is not the default property screen. I'll showcase this soon.

Mordaen
x4

Post by Mordaen » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 10:54

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 21:39
Hmm... If you had so many stations, I guess the following tool would be useful :)

EDIT: If anyone can think of another filter, I'm all ears.
I actually would like to have a filter for specific stations. I often wanna scroll through sanctuaries but since the station list actually shows all stations just devided by Sector-Name you have to sroll thorugh all other stations. I know I could just use the sanctuary menu and switch through there, but I do like the station overview to see all sanctuaries, since I often accidentally skip the station where I wanted to produce something.

EDIT: Oh, and btw. since you don't seem to like excel sheets (I kinda remember you wrote somethink like that somewhere) I am currently working on a very detailed Ship/Weapon/Missile Sheet specifically for your mod, by gathering the data through the t-files and through your ship compendium. It is kind tedious (working around 6+ hours on the sheet already ^^), but once I'm done I will post it here :D

Edit 2: Looking up your screenshot again I guess my wish for filters is already in :P

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:09

"Outposts" are the new sanctuaries. There is one in each sector, including for AI (one of the main goal of Mayhem 3 being to make the AI plays about the same way as the player).

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:24

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:09
"Outposts" are the new sanctuaries. There is one in each sector, including for AI (one of the main goal of Mayhem 3 being to make the AI plays about the same way as the player).
Does that mean that sectors can be captured by taking out just the outpost or will we still need to destroy every station in the sector?

Mordaen
x4

Post by Mordaen » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 14:35

Sounds pretty neat in terms of the functionality of the station filters then :)

Btw. not sure if you got inspired by the series, but the way your mod is working reminds of the Total War series a lot. Dunno if som1 else has seen that so far :)
Except that the empire management is real time instead of round-based it has actually a lot in common imho.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 17:04

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 10. Dec 19, 14:40
Hey Zaitsev. Long time no see.
Indeed. Got severely burned out on X, so I haven't played in ... a couple of years, I think.
I've been lurking though, and I got bitten by the bug again about a month ago, so I've been knocking off some
stick rust and I'm preparing another DID run over in creative. Hopefully without premature deaths this time. :p

Who knows, maybe I'll try a DID run in Mayhem as well? I haven't played it since version 1-point-something, but I think
it could work very well as the backdrop for some good stories.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”