[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 22:27

Joubarbe wrote:20 hours of Elite, it gets boring! Phew, at last...

It gives me an idea for Mayhem 3: you start in an M5 and you never get rich enough to buy an M4. You struggle to have a better social rank, but that goes nowhere and you make no friends at all. At day 3, OCV chase you and destroy all your assets, which consist of... well, nothing.

Oh, and your wife left you for a M3 pilot.
Even better, we should be forced to grind for faction reputation 8 to get an M4, that is true fun, the Elite way. :D

A warning, Elite D gets veeery boring, its the most fun at the beginning. My steam shows 250 hours, I have no idea how I had that much patience. And I still didn't grind enough rank for Corvette and Cutter, I just can't do it anymore.
Last edited by dreamer2008 on Sat, 13. Jan 18, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 03:20

rlg85 wrote:RE: The jumpdrive question. I think a workable compromise would be to make ALL gates trans orbital accelerators. But allow jumping on friendly beacons.

You then make placement and defense of jump beacons part of infrastructure building, and it also becomes a bit of a "home field advantage" in that once you set up your jump beacons, you can jump in a defensive fleet against a border incursion, but can't jump on an enemy beacon and so can't simply jump into enemy territory.

Friendly traders can also utilize a friendly jump beacon network.

If possible, add AI raids on jump beacon infrastructure part of enemy strategy, possibly in preparation for a general assault.
I have long wanted a system just like you described, only instead of getting rid of all jumpgates, make them somewhat rare (ie gate that border between empire boundaries, each cluster of sectors would thus represent a single system).

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 08:08

Falcrack wrote:
rlg85 wrote:RE: The jumpdrive question. I think a workable compromise would be to make ALL gates trans orbital accelerators. But allow jumping on friendly beacons.

You then make placement and defense of jump beacons part of infrastructure building, and it also becomes a bit of a "home field advantage" in that once you set up your jump beacons, you can jump in a defensive fleet against a border incursion, but can't jump on an enemy beacon and so can't simply jump into enemy territory.

Friendly traders can also utilize a friendly jump beacon network.

If possible, add AI raids on jump beacon infrastructure part of enemy strategy, possibly in preparation for a general assault.
You all know that this is exactly what XR did and the community at large lost its collective mind. I don't disagree with you. I like the idea of only jumping to beacons that are only placed in sectors you own.

Of course that removes UTs from the game, as well as, the ability to buy materials from NPCs in any type of usable time frame. Which would mean that there would be little to no change of combating the OCV first wave....especially from the "scratch" start

I have long wanted a system just like you described, only instead of getting rid of all jumpgates, make them somewhat rare (ie gate that border between empire boundaries, each cluster of sectors would thus represent a single system).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 05:30

@Joubarbe,

I need to take down a Medium OWP, (in preparation for the OWP all-out attack) and replace it with a Large OWP. However, I can't figure out how to do it. The Advanced command does not have the option to disassemble the OWP.

Do I miss anything? Do I need to use a recycle perk to do it? If so I am hosed because I have used up all perks for that Sanctuary.

[EDIT] Oops, never mind!!! Found the Self Destruct command!!!!

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 16:31

Joubarbe wrote:20 hours of Elite, it gets boring! Phew, at last...

It gives me an idea for Mayhem 3: you start in an M5 and you never get rich enough to buy an M4. You struggle to have a better social rank, but that goes nowhere and you make no friends at all. At day 3, OCV chase you and destroy all your assets, which consist of... well, nothing.

Oh, and your wife left you for a M3 pilot.
If you do not POWERPLAY in Elite, you will soon get bored. As most players do, you will do just grinding without purpose. To enjoy the Elite properly, I think that you need to find out for the endless Cold War between Empire and Federal with 11 Powers. I played 3,914 hours, and I still have a lot of work to do there.
Maybe I think this Cold War might give you more good idea of Mayhem 3.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 17:36

imeddyeddy wrote:S'me again, I think I really bricked my game this time. I did an E/I, and in the mess of E/I-ing multiple times to figure out the boarding pods issue, all race shipyards now don't seem to release invasions at all. They just build up credits, their "currently building" just says N/A, even after I've left it on 10x for an hour. Have I totally bricked my game, and is the only recovery method to just start a new game?
I did no E/I and have the same problem: I contributed 50MM to a Boron Shipyard (twice) for an invasion. It took the money and did nothing. It currently has 100MM and does not build anything.

save game

Hopefully @Joubarbe can take some times off Elite Dangerous and take a look at the save game!!! LOL! (Just kidding)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 18:06

Not the same problem, will be fixed.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 18:25

Just want to share this. IMHO the best execution of the jump drive system was in X3R New World mod:
1 - Can't jump to races territories with whom you have negative reputation
2 - Can't jump near enemy stations or ships

Not sure how either of this was done, but it was great.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 19:13

Quick question: What happens to the basic and/or increased production bonus if i loose the perks? Does it cap temporarily or do i have to build it up all over again?

condition one - perk get's lost because requirements are no longer met
condition two - perk get's lost because i E/I the game

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 19:49

Joubarbe wrote:Not the same problem, will be fixed.
Thanks, appreciate your hard working on the mod!!!!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 19:52

@Hector0x: Mayhem does not just check if you have the perk, it checks if you met the requirements, every time. So if you don't have the perk, you don't have the bonus.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 20:18

Hector0x wrote:Quick question: What happens to the basic and/or increased production bonus if i loose the perks? Does it cap temporarily or do i have to build it up all over again?

condition one - perk get's lost because requirements are no longer met
condition two - perk get's lost because i E/I the game
It will lose the effect of the perk.

Easy to test it: Remove some population from the sanctuary: that would render the perk disabled (for those that require station level greater than 3, and thus require full population).

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 21:12

Joubarbe wrote:@Hector0x: Mayhem does not just check if you have the perk, it checks if you met the requirements, every time. So if you don't have the perk, you don't have the bonus.
I may've asked imprecisely. Here is an example.

Let's say i have the increased laser production perk and bonus is at 37%
- now all perks get disabled; i can't produce any lasers in this sanctuary
- i get the basic laser production perk back

Am i still at 0% bonus, or does it now jump to 30% because it remembered that i had 37% in this sanctuary and 30& is the current allowed maximum?

And does it jump to 37% when i get the increased laser perk back?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 21:27

Damn you are so complicated :)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 23:07

Would be nice if fixes were released separately (as 2.2.5 for example). Up to you of course, but waiting for 3 weeks is ... harder that you may think :D

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 09:56

@imeddyeddy and @VincentTH: both your savegames have been fixed. This is not caused by E/I, but the fact that you were too good for the AI :) In short: there was a pretty big bug I never encountered because I never played as long as you, with such an empire. AI Shipyards would simply not build anything anymore, too impressed by your awesomeness! (and they didn't know what to do with all the money you invested into them...)

Of course, this probably affects other players as well, but if you don't pay attention, you can miss it for days.

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 10:01

Joubarbe wrote: New [...] Logistics system.
What's your general design idea for a logistics system?

Didn't see that you were working on one and I just spent this weekend working on a logistics system that works the way I want it. My general idea is to reduce the amount of micromanagement and clicks for freighters, factories, sanctuaries and also to use ships more efficiently.

That first bit, reduce micromanagement, is key for me. Ever since Civilization (the first one) every empire building game has failed that when it comes to the endgame of building a massive empire. I get deep into world domination and my RSI gets RSI from all the clicking and the noise from mouse and keyboard clicks give me tinnitus. The game ends because it becomes too tedious, not because the goals are met. For a simple example of this in vanilla LU: once I start dropping rings of fire on every interesting gate I need to turn off half the sounds because "One of your ships is under attack" never stops and can't be turned off.

Anyway, my script is still very much work in progress, but can now automatically manage all factories and docks as they get built, automatically manage all freighters (they still have to be added manually, but I plan to change that to make it automatically claim all homebased ships, it's just not feasible in my test save). It keeps all factories running, sanctuaries stocked and sells overstocked wares.

Well, that last bit (sell) is not true yet. I finished the code for that last night, but according to the logs the first test run ended up trying to sell "null(9) Remote Guided Warhead" to an equipment dock and after 5 minutes half my trucks were docked at that equipment dock and stalled. But apart from that things look promising. I start my test with a save with 10 IDN Drakes and half the factories blinking yellow (20-30 factories), move the IDN ships to my script and within 5-10 minutes no factories are blinking yellow and 10 more minutes and half the trucks are idle. Most of the efficiency gain is because if a factory needs three trucks to fill it up, we immediately send three trucks. And if a truck is shipping 150 cahoonas to a factory it also ships other things (like energy cells) to that factory at the same time. And if a truck is at a factory with cahoonas we send it directly to whoever needs cahoonas instead of bouncing back to the dock. Current TODO: implement buying resources (not planning on making it too smart), automatic dockware configuration with pre-configured profiles including checking laser/missile/shield/ship perks to see if we need to stock resources for those or not (I have a very dumb version of this working), managing mining carriers (I passionately hate that it takes 30+ clicks to set up a courier to empty a mining carrier).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 10:40

This new system is a replacement for the Dockware Manager. It makes Freighters and Dock Agents Modes obsolete, and Couriers a little less useful. Now when you make a Dock Agent, it immediately browses all the available jobs of its homebase. In the example above, Dock Agents will first try to buy Energy Cells from NPC stations ("Trade"). As soon as there are 4 DA on the job, or if we have 100k E-cells or more, it goes to the job priority number 2, which is Distribute the E-cells to all factories in Unknown Sector Omega, if the stock is greater than 8000.

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 11:29

Ok, so a completely different approach with a lot of configuration. Fair enough.

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 13:30

I've conquered a pirate sector (Mercenaries Rift), but now pirate ships keep spawning there (mostly fighters, but I recently had a Marauder and a Galleon spawn as well). Is this normal?
It's quite a nuisance because I need to devote resources to constant cleaning of the sector from spawning intruders. I can't believe this is an intended behavior.
It's particularly annoying when I need to place a station in the sector, but I can't because there's a wandering Kestrel flying all over the place who my ships can't catch for quite some time, artificially slowing down sector buildup.
I have a similar thing in the neighborhood where I conquered Interworlds from the Pirates and Twisted Skies is Terran, but pirates keep spawning in Twisted Skies and move north to my sector.
There are no pirate sectors left in this part of the map, so they shouldn't be spawning except when they decide to launch an invasion.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”