[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

stardiis

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by stardiis » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 12:50

[/quote]
I get this occasionally, I deal with it by checking if there are any stationary ships close by, if so they are locked onto that ship, and if you claim it, they agro.
I either move on or destroy the ship instead of claiming it to free up the ship locked onto it, though others on the forum have said to wait till the faction owning the ship leave the sector.
[/quote]
Destroying seems the best choice, saves time and generates loots if lucky.

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 18:16

hey guys I am stuck, not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am using DA's from my sanctuary to distribute energy cells as well as silicon wafers to local factories, but it always says that they are waiting for destination import threshold, so they are basically just sitting there. I put the minimum % for import to 0 but they are not moving, I changed it as well to higher numbers as well. whats my mistake here? My sanctuary has e cells and i put minimum of stock to 0 for distribution. To get my factories stuff i use SA and couriers but i feel it would be easier with da's.

I could upload a save file if interested.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 16:27

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 18:16

I am using DA's from my sanctuary to distribute energy cells as well as silicon wafers to local factories, but it always says that they are waiting for destination import threshold, so they are basically just sitting there. I put the minimum % for import to 0 but they are not moving, I changed it as well to higher numbers as well. whats my mistake here? My sanctuary has e cells and i put minimum of stock to 0 for distribution. To get my factories stuff i use SA and couriers but i feel it would be easier with da's.

The way I do it, I use SA's to collect for the factories, I use DA's to collect for the sanctuary, if I get too much of a resource at the sanctuary, I set up some DA distribution jobs to traders for extra credits though I rarely have to buy anything, it has worked flawlessly, I currently have a maintenance bill of 4.2 million per hour and it's manageable, and all my sanctuaries have all the resources they need to churn out ships, lasers and shields.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:03

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 18:16

Are you adjusting the setting on the factory that the wares are being distributed? If you go to the the destination factory settings there is a option that says something like "Max to import for SA's and DA's"

xerxos
x3tc

Post by xerxos » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 08:39

Hi everyone,
I have played a lot LU and will try Mayhem now. The game looks.... different ;) Is there any documentation or guide for newbies? I have a lot of question but found no (good) answers. Thank you!

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 13:00

xerxos wrote:
Fri, 22. Feb 19, 08:39
Hi everyone,
I have played a lot LU and will try Mayhem now. The game looks.... different ;) Is there any documentation or guide for newbies? I have a lot of question but found no (good) answers. Thank you!
All tutorials are in Encyclopedia inside the game. Use it.

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 10:27

If I wanted to change the speed at which boarding actions take place, or change the impact that Fast Actions has, what are the names of the scripts I'd need to mess with?

I watched an M2 slowboat across three sectors before parking itself at a shipyard just before the capture completed, even with Fast Actions. Granted, it was a super fast pirate M2, but this is still frustrating.

I'd also like to make it possible to initiate boarding actions against TS (I wanna be a piiiraaate). Making them comparable to TM seems fine, and if it's possible to make boarding actions against TS+ play out like boarding actions against M6s that would be nice as well, but I understand that the game doesn't make any actual distinction between TS and TS+ so it might not be possible unless boarding actions are specific to individual ships rather than ship classes. If anyone can point me to the right file to start poking around in, I'd really appreciate it.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 12:15

Mayhem.Task.Expedition
Search for "Fast action". It's in the SetWaitingTimes: subroutine.

For "TS+", you have to specify them yourself, explicitly. Something like:

Code: Select all

if $alliedRace == [Argon]
  $TS = {Argon Lotan}
else if $alliedRace == [Boron]
  $TS = {Boron Sturgeon}
else if $alliedRace == [Paranid]
  $TS = {Paranid Snotra}
else if $alliedRace == [Split]
  $TS = {Split Orinoco}
else if $alliedRace == [Teladi]
  $TS = {Teladi Drake}
else if $alliedRace == [Terran]
  $TS = {Terran Bragi}
end

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 18:32

Awesome. Thanks!

xerxos
x3tc

Post by xerxos » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 20:50

HI
meanwhile I have played the start "Vagrant". But I have found a strange behavior. I have reputation of all races at 3 or higher. I "Power Circle" there is an abandoned Mako Vanguard. Everything is peacefull, even the 'AM6LX15' Argon Military Phantom. But when I claim the Mako dhe Phantom gets red and attackes me. I have checked the cargo of the Mako, it is empty.

Bug? Trap? Did i missed something?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 21:41

I'll fix that at some point. The relation of the ship is not reset when captured. That's probably a vanilla bug, but in vanilla, there's not so much hostility between factions.

mib666007
x3tc

Post by mib666007 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 06:06

I picked it up again. Haven't played since 2.3.x version - really enjoying so many things.

Quick question(and I apologize if this has already been answered)-

I am being invaded by the Yaki Battlegroup Senshi in my "from scratch" game. I have an 8hr 56 min playtime. 5 M6 and a TM.

It says they are coming from Senator's Badlands. My sector is Unknown Sector Kappa.

Is this normal for invasions to happen from such a distance? Is it because I claimed an unknown sector when they were planning on taking it? Just trying to figure it out before I start over :)

hqz
x3ap

Post by hqz » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 02:49

I haven't played for a while and I am considering starting a new game. Are the weapons fully back to vanilla stats (damage, range and speed) or is it still a custom thing in Mayhem? It's not easy to tell from the changelog.

Last this got me to give up on Mayhem. Because most resources on the internet are about vanilla X3LU, e.g. http://blubb.najut.org/x3/

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 11:06

Range and speed are increased (all proportionally). Missiles are unchanged.
IMO, you can still use these LU charts. It's a good base of information.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 11:59

I am back playing Mayhem, some great changes since last time I played.

How can I make the OCV and Kha'ak continue their attack to other sectors?
This is what I want to have them do:
Kha'ak would move sector to sector destroying all mining related ships and stations on their way to your next closest mining asset.
OCV would destroy everything sector to sector moving to your next closest Sanctuary.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 17:33

Well... It's not as easy as you may think. You need to change a few things, and not only values, but entire pieces of code. Mayhem.Task.Attack and Mayhem.Task.Attack.Khaak are a good start. Note that Khaaks are also called "The Nividium Guys" internally :)

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:16

Hei, wanted to say thanks for the mod. Its really good. I just started playing after playing some LU (Never finished it). And i played barely some mayhem at some earlier patch (a few invasions) This looks really good now so thanks a lot!

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:34

Im getting the feeling of everything is new and unexplored type of thing that i havent had since i first played x2 and x3(I have thousands of hours in xgames). I still havent had my first wave of ocv and i like what you are doing with the desitionmaking on development in this mod. Thank you from my gaming heart for giving me this feeling again <3

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:56

Do you have other projects you work on (Other games maybe?)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”