[X3LU] Phanon Plus 4.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 17:20

I have mayhem and this installed, but I have security services protecting my traders. So that might be what is keeping mine in check. They are on 4th iteration right now. I have yet to attack their base, I just hunt the hunters occasionally.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 17:24

Funny how my mods always ending up messing all the others. I think I have a gift.

But here's the problem: I have never experienced this myself. Cannot reproduce = cannot fix. I don't think it's the bounties ; only the player receives money.

EDIT: would be good to know if the same bug appears with vanilla Phanon.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 18:08

Joubarbe wrote:Funny how my mods always ending up messing all the others. I think I have a gift.

But here's the problem: I have never experienced this myself. Cannot reproduce = cannot fix. I don't think it's the bounties ; only the player receives money.

EDIT: would be good to know if the same bug appears with vanilla Phanon.
Yea that's my next step, see if vanilla phanon has the same issue.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 18:51

It looks like there's an issue with the Phanon Plus mod and Mayhem. Vanilla phanon doesn't seem to have the same issue.

Ed86
x3ap

Post by Ed86 » Sat, 14. May 16, 16:57

well it was fun, untill 6 game day passed and 20+ m2 phanons invaded my yaki home, killing everything in its pass, i guess ill stick with vanilla phanon, yes its weaker but at least it cant kill everything in a uninverse if it desires so

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 14. May 16, 17:07

you could also turn it off until your well established and then turn it on.
or setup a bunch of lasertowers at the sanctuary of darkness gate and lure ships to it.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 14. May 16, 17:26

How many lasertowers does it take to kill a capital ship?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Ed86
x3ap

Post by Ed86 » Sun, 15. May 16, 13:18

you could also turn it off until your well established and then turn it on.
or setup a bunch of lasertowers at the sanctuary of darkness gate and lure ships to it.
well yes, but thats cheating
i guess its just not for me to wage war vs cheating empire that has no real economy to back its firepower up

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 15. May 16, 13:38

Isn't the whole point of Phanon that it DOES have to pay for it's warships? Does that change with phanon plus?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Ed86
x3ap

Post by Ed86 » Sun, 15. May 16, 18:33

Sirrobert wrote:Isn't the whole point of Phanon that it DOES have to pay for it's warships? Does that change with phanon plus?
well it gets few trillion cash at game start
my raids at its stations, 4 destroyed + laser towers and tanking few thousands torps from m7m's didnt affect anything
surely i could packup and move to unk. alpha and get protection from xenon/ocv but for how many days b4 overrun by ocv?

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Sun, 15. May 16, 20:24

Phanon Plus works just fine with Vanilla LU, in fact I highly recommend it. There's just something weird going on with Mayhem that causes it to start with an insane amount of cash.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 15. May 16, 20:40

shanrak wrote:Phanon Plus works just fine with Vanilla LU, in fact I highly recommend it. There's just something weird going on with Mayhem that causes it to start with an insane amount of cash.
EDIT: I"m an idiot
Last edited by Sirrobert on Sun, 15. May 16, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Sun, 15. May 16, 20:57

Sirrobert wrote:
shanrak wrote:Phanon Plus works just fine with Vanilla LU, in fact I highly recommend it. There's just something weird going on with Mayhem that causes it to start with an insane amount of cash.
Please don't dismiss other people's bugs just because your version works just fine
Ummm... in what part of my post did I dismiss anyone's bugs. If you read carefully you will see I was backing up his claim

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 15. May 16, 21:18

shanrak wrote:
Sirrobert wrote:
Please don't dismiss other people's bugs just because your version works just fine
Ummm... in what part of my post did I dismiss anyone's bugs. If you read carefully you will see I was backing up his claim
Welp, I'm an idiot. I completely missed a word there. My apologies

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Wed, 8. Jun 16, 04:02

Hi,

I'm starting with clean vanilla Litcube's 1.7.0....is Phanon Plus v4.04 compatible with this code base or should I await an update?

thanks

edit: in the meantime I am jumping into the deep end and trying out 1.7.0 with both Revelations and Phanon Plus mods installed...

ltdan81
x3ap

Post by ltdan81 » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 06:40

I've been playing a clean start with LU v1.7 with Phanon plus 4.4 and got up to phanon level 7 (I think) when it bugged out on me...

I defeated the level by destroying ships and stations until Syndex? went bankrupt while I was hammering on their HQ.
At this point the cleanup bugged out and left several stations, I waited and waited and never got the completion message with reward.

I turned off the Phanon script in the AI settings, reint the scripts, saved and reloaded and nothing happened... I waited and still nothing.

I reinstalled the vanilla scripts, reinit/save/reloaded and presto!! the wipe sound effect was heard then the reward message soon followed.

So in conclusion, I think there is a bug in the Phanon Plus cleanup script. :(
Other wise this is a fun script... however it is a bit overpowering in the first few levels, I had to turn it off until after about 2 game days.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 20. Jun 16, 20:27

If you check the global scripts list you should see al.Phanon.Tick running (when it seems stuck and not doing anything). If I'm right, that means you experienced the Phanon Plus got stuck bug that I encountered and reported in here already. If so, the Phanon may have seemed alive until you took their HQ but it's possible the main logic hanged some time ago, as most of the ships have their own separate logic and can function autonomously without having the Tick script work all the time.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Xo3oToC

Post by Xo3oToC » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 01:46

Where is the global script list that you are talking about? Is it under Global Commands -> Script Editor -> Global Script Tasks (which is below Script Debugger Menu and above Help)? I see "al.Phanon.Main: null" in there.

I haven't been getting regular Phanon messages anymore for about 13 hours. So I was wondering if it is still running. I think it crashed because I killed all its TS ships and it is not making any new ones.

How do I restart Phanon? Do I need to restart the game?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 02:15

Xo3oToC wrote:Where is the global script list that you are talking about? Is it under Global Commands -> Script Editor -> Global Script Tasks (which is below Script Debugger Menu and above Help)? I see "al.Phanon.Main: null" in there.
Yeah, you shouldn't see it there, sounds like it's stuck.
I haven't been getting regular Phanon messages anymore for about 13 hours. So I was wondering if it is still running. I think it crashed because I killed all its TS ships and it is not making any new ones.

I think you can kill that script (press Backspace while you have selected it) but it will likely leave the Phanon in a weird state. The cleanest mechanism is to do an E/I. Phanon will then be starting with a lot of resources (they get an initial boost every time you restart them) but hey, that adds to the challenge.

Since you already ran into this Phanon Plus bug and now likely have to E/I, I recommend that you simply re-install your LU so you have vanilla Phanon instead of Phanon Plus then perform the Import into this installation and so not risk running into this bug again but of course that's up to you.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Xo3oToC

Post by Xo3oToC » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 04:42

memeics wrote:
Xo3oToC wrote:Where is the global script list that you are talking about? Is it under Global Commands -> Script Editor -> Global Script Tasks (which is below Script Debugger Menu and above Help)? I see "al.Phanon.Main: null" in there.
Yeah, you shouldn't see it there, sounds like it's stuck.

I think you can kill that script (press Backspace while you have selected it) but it will likely leave the Phanon in a weird state. The cleanest mechanism is to do an E/I. Phanon will then be starting with a lot of resources (they get an initial boost every time you restart them) but hey, that adds to the challenge.

Since you already ran into this Phanon Plus bug and now likely have to E/I, I recommend that you simply re-install your LU so you have vanilla Phanon instead of Phanon Plus then perform the Import into this installation and so not risk running into this bug again but of course that's up to you.
Good advice but I am not really ready to give up on Phanon Plus. I am going to play with it a little bit to see if I can catch the error. I think it's the same error I experienced years ago with the original Phanon. Not being able to figure out why just bugs hell out of me.

al.Phanon.Tick is not currently running. Global variable PhanonCorp.CheckTickerRunning is set to 1, so al.Phanon.Tick is exiting at AreweRunningAlready check. I believe the script crash because there are no TS (trader, miner, station agent) left. When I set PhanonCorp.CheckTickerRunning to 0, the script runs again and purchased 3 TS. I added bunch of debugging codes so maybe I'll figure out why it crash next time when it happens.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”