Installing mods has broken my X3AP game.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Biscuit

Post by Biscuit » Fri, 1. May 15, 04:34

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'm a little embarrassed to say I may have destroyed my saved games. I had been playing AP for a couple months now and was getting frustrated trying to travel and build rep up in Terran Sectors with out their being Jump gates as an Argon Humble Merchant start.

I had modded my game slightly with Cycrows list and mainly for the advanced boarding scripts which mostly all worked minus a few bugs. I decided to try installing a few others and of course came across so many my head started to swell with ideas!! I'm pretty sure I installed some incorrectly as I can not load my saved games and the game crashes and I'm back to the desktop.

When starting new ones, the mod mostly in question, large.no.ring.gate.mod, seems to have done nothing but immediate functionality of the game is there.

I can provide a list of the 5 I tried to add but I thought I'd ask first to see if there is something simple I missed in adding them that would cause this. I also added the AP bonus pack into Steam. I'm running on a MacBook Pro OSX 10.7.5

Again, I can start new games fine but the gate mod doesn't seem to work o my saved games.

any help would be great,
Cheers
A lot of what I learned about real life I learned from a horse...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 1. May 15, 11:41

Welcome. I am not sure why you posted this about a modded X3AP game on a Mac in an ancient thread about vanilla X2:The Threat v1.2! I will move this to the X3TC/X3AP S&M forum but also be aware that this being on a Mac may complicate things there too. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 1. May 15, 12:15

unable to load a save game would suggest you have installed a mod that changes the game data, so it no longer matches whats in the save game.

Some mods are not comparable with existing save games, these are usually the bigger mods that change alot of things

Biscuit

Post by Biscuit » Fri, 1. May 15, 21:37

Thanks for sorting my illegitimacy out. I was searching for hours for help with my specific issue, did a search for Mac, Mac Mod Issues, Mac Mods, ect... and didn't find anything close to what I was dealing with except the "being crashed to desktop" forum and had just ran with it without checking where it actually was.

At any rate, after reading more on here about moding, it might have been the Enriched Environments Mod as it did change a lot and required multiple pieces to be updated. The Gate Enlargement mod is still not working so I'll try and find that again and see where it leads.

Thanks again.
A lot of what I learned about real life I learned from a horse...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”