[Script][LU] Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded (v0.6.1b) 2014-10-29

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Thu, 12. Nov 15, 04:16

Any chance of an alternative dl site? I keep getting corrupted archives from mediafire, tho I'm on my phone if that matters.
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 23:10

Anyone know if this still works with the latest version of LU?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 23:50

I have 35 UTs running with this script, so I guess it's ok :)

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 23:13

Just make sure you install it after all of Litcubes patches. If a new patch comes out re install it after applying the patch.

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 20:42

I'm getting a lot of "UNKNOWN COMMAND" errors when I try to set up any traders. I know everything is properly set up, so either there is some problem with compatibility or I have suddenly lost the ability to successfully copy paste files. I'm not sure which is more likely, but by the look of things I'll have to give up on this experiment of actually trying to deal with the completely ridiculous, unrealistic, frustrating, forced, baffling RPG element regarding trader ranks and go back to using OKTraders, which unlike vanilla style trading scripts actually works.

Although, again, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Hmm, after utilizing the mystical computer debugging technique handed down to us by the ancients known as "turning it off and on again" the problem has been fixed and now it's working. I'm still not sure whether I want to continue dealing with the stupid rank system, but I'll give it another go. A small OKTrader freighter could easily make $600,000Cr an hour, if it can do at least that well I may stick with it.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 22:53

RoflCopter4 wrote:I'll have to give up on this experiment of actually trying to deal with the completely ridiculous, unrealistic, frustrating, forced, baffling RPG element regarding trader ranks and go back to using OKTraders, which unlike vanilla style trading scripts actually works.
RoflCopter4 wrote:I'm still not sure whether I want to continue dealing with the stupid rank system
What was the point of your post? Did you want help with your copy/paste issue? There's tutorials on how to copy and past in Windows I can dig up for you.

Are you running Windows?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 23:08

You can also download the cheat package directly. It eases a lot of game design elements.

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Wed, 24. Feb 16, 00:55

Litcube wrote:
RoflCopter4 wrote:I'll have to give up on this experiment of actually trying to deal with the completely ridiculous, unrealistic, frustrating, forced, baffling RPG element regarding trader ranks and go back to using OKTraders, which unlike vanilla style trading scripts actually works.
RoflCopter4 wrote:I'm still not sure whether I want to continue dealing with the stupid rank system
What was the point of your post? Did you want help with your copy/paste issue? There's tutorials on how to copy and past in Windows I can dig up for you.

Are you running Windows?
Nothing. I had edited something in my t folder and inadvertently deleted the file from this package, which is obviously necessary for it to work properly. Replacing that and restarting all of the traders (and the game) fixed it. I was annoyed to find that the sector traders reverted to "standby" and proceeded to do nothing, which was what I hoped this mod would fix. It didn't, and I made the above post. I really must apologize for the irrelevant rant.

Believe it or not, I'm not actually (quite) as dumb as I've made myself look here. I've written a few simple scripts which largely don't seem to have caught fire so far, and looked over the scripts from this package and was confused when they looked like they ought to work. Then I noticed the problem.

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 01:42

I decided to do as fair a test as I could put together between the two scripts. I used two level 25 traders (it shouldn't make a difference with OKT but I just wanted everything equal nonetheless) flying the same ship, a Mistral, with the same equipment, including a jumpdrive, quantum thingy, cargo lifesupport system, and a software signature disruptor. I turned off all my other traders, put the two ships in the same system, and sent them off for around 2 in game hours. I also ran the test two times, once with illegal trading enabled in OKT and once with it off.

I should also note that the first time I ran it I forgot that the UT script always seems to buy 10 fighter drones, with no way to prevent it, which costs a million credits. The OKT still had those drones (I don't use it anymore to avoid the shame of cheating, it was a normal UT before this test) and sold them for a large profit. It's debatable whether this is fair, since although that obviously meant that it had a head start, it's also true that you will unavoidably lose that much whenever using a UT. Just to be safe I flew over and took the fighter drones from the OKT on the second go. Finally, I made sure that they were both finished their last trade before stopping, so that their score wasn't reduced by a recent unsold purchase.

Here are the results:

http://imgur.com/a/GyarT

1st run:
OKT: 24,508,638
UT: 1,324,272
With illegal cargo on it was no contest whatsoever. Even removing that extra million credits, the OK trader outdid the UT by more than a factor of 20. With the software signature disruptors it is impossible for them to be discovered with illegal goods, and the OKT really took advantage of that.

2nd run:
OKT: 2,376,846
UT: 948,101
With it off, it is much closer. As you can see, there is a little bit of inconsistency between the two runs for the UT, even though for it the conditions were identical both times. However, even when taking it's higher score from the first run, the OKT still amassed a little under twice the profit, and more than that for the second run.

Should I still consider it cheating to use OKTraders with pilots that have reached level 25 through normal means? Is it only cheating if I enable illegal trading, or is that ok too? Or is it simply cheating to use it at all? I mean that honestly, I don't want to throw off the balance by cheating, but it's also tempting to have that much more cash on hand.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 02:08

I don't know much about Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded... but in terms of LU universal traders, they limit themselves to:
- some relatively small maximum trade range (even at maximum level, I think range was 20 or so?)
- requires player property to be present in the sectors where it would discover potential trading opportunities
- checks reputation requirements for docking at NPC stations

Now I'm not sure how many of these still apply to OK Traders or Mk3 Improvement Reloaded but some differences can come from these aspects. The universal traders in general are very complicated scripts at this point so you can't simply say, they are all just trying to find trading opportunities in the universe and make maximum profit so comparison is direct, fair and easy. There are a ton of other things they do (I only listed 3 above) so comparisons aren't that straightforward.

But maybe that's a problem with these scripts, they are piles of hacks over hacks over hacks, well, maybe less of that with OKTraders as that was written from scratch by a single author with a singular vision.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 21:18

memeics wrote:I don't know much about Mk3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded... but in terms of LU universal traders, they limit themselves to:
- some relatively small maximum trade range (even at maximum level, I think range was 20 or so?)
- requires player property to be present in the sectors where it would discover potential trading opportunities
- checks reputation requirements for docking at NPC stations

Now I'm not sure how many of these still apply to OK Traders or Mk3 Improvement Reloaded but some differences can come from these aspects. The universal traders in general are very complicated scripts at this point so you can't simply say, they are all just trying to find trading opportunities in the universe and make maximum profit so comparison is direct, fair and easy. There are a ton of other things they do (I only listed 3 above) so comparisons aren't that straightforward.

But maybe that's a problem with these scripts, they are piles of hacks over hacks over hacks, well, maybe less of that with OKTraders as that was written from scratch by a single author with a singular vision.
I can answer some of that.

1. As far as I can tell there is no maximum range in OKT.
2. OKT ignores PPP since it was not specifically written for LU. MK3 doesn't.
3. OKT also checks reputation, but it does seem a little more Gung-ho. It will regularly attempt to sneak into pirate bases in pirate sectors (escaping if necessary) unless you explicitly ban it from doing so, which I always do because that's ridiculous.

But anyway, that doesn't help me much with the moral qualm.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 22:04

Which UT did you start first?

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 22:07

OneOfMany wrote:Which UT did you start first?
I don't know if it would have made a difference, but I started the MK3 UT first, giving it about a 3 second head start.

Incidentally, I seem to have answered my own question. I set all 40 of my current traders to run OKT and a few seconds later my game was running at a blistering 3fps. It seems that it is not an efficient script.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Thu, 5. May 16, 07:18

Is this compatible with LU 1.7?

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Sat, 2. Jul 16, 12:00

worsin wrote:Is this compatible with LU 1.7?
Sector traders seem to work fine. My UT is currently stuck checking trade routes, but this may be normal. Perhaps the script creates an array of all trade routes first.

Xo3oToC

Post by Xo3oToC » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 06:32

Mine is stuck also. I have 7 UT's. 4 seem to be normal, 1 is slow, 2 are completely stuck. I left it on SETA 10x for 2 to 3 hours. The 2 that are stuck did not buy or sell anything. Compared to the normal ones (level 12 to 19), all got to level 25 for the same duration. The 2 that are stuck, all the sectors around them have advanced satellites in them.

Xo3oToC

Post by Xo3oToC » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 06:49

I think I found out what is wrong with these 2 UT's. Their salary level are around $350,000. Whereas, the normal ones (after 2 to 3 hours of SETA 10x) at level 25 are around $6000 to $12000. These 2 TS, I originally use them to store things, so when I start ST/UT, they sell everything they have in the cargo to equipment dock. Since salary is proportional to $profit.avg.per.flight, their salary becomes so big that they essentially cannot make any profit on anything.

Xo3oToC

Post by Xo3oToC » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 06:49

Maybe one way to fix it is to decrease UT's salary every time they go into Standby mode. For example, by increasing the 'flight.number' every time a failed trade occurs (Standby).

$profit.min=$salary * 2, so a $350,000 salary requires $700,000 profit per trade run, pretty much impossible to achieve.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 08:46

Did you both try to start your UTs from another sector ? They have an arbitrary maximum jump range depending on their level. If they don't find any good deal, they will "scan trade routes" forever, or until a good deal shows.

Xo3oToC

Post by Xo3oToC » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 10:05

Joubarbe wrote:Did you both try to start your UTs from another sector ? They have an arbitrary maximum jump range depending on their level. If they don't find any good deal, they will "scan trade routes" forever, or until a good deal shows.
Yes, I did. Several different sectors but no trade runs with super high profit. I have LU 1.7 and XM-R installed so I have't try creating new stations for NPC. So there just isn't any super great trade runs available anymore. Anyway, I fixed the stuck ones by increasing the number of flight.number to account for the number of failed trade runs 2 UTs are performing. So now both of their salaries are around $20,000 and they are now working just fine.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”