Star Wars Mod by mikhailskatchkov reborn.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 05:01

http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images/st ... iled12.jpg

This could be useful in deciding sector names and factions.

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 05:43

Ambushclose wrote:Star Wars Galactic Conflict?
Like I said I'm horrible at naming things lol.
has a ring to it :)

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 05:53

daan2002 wrote:
Ambushclose wrote:Star Wars Galactic Conflict?
Like I said I'm horrible at naming things lol.
has a ring to it :)
Then that will have to do for a working name. Have you given the Chronicles mod a whirl yet? Try it with improved races and if you want to jump right into the action use the cheat package in the plugin manager to see the weapons on the ISD!!! :)

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 06:04

Ambushclose wrote:Then that will have to do for a working name. Have you given the Chronicles mod a whirl yet? Try it with improved races and if you want to jump right into the action use the cheat package in the plugin manager to see the weapons on the ISD!!! :)
i have not used the improved races but yes i been using the Chronicles mod and love the work has been done so far this mod only one i love the ISD the XSP ISD looked like the bridge was missing some texture Chronicles did not have that problem

and if i may make a suggestion on planets two i really really love to see is Coruscant and Naboo

again love to give a BIG THANK YOU to all the ones who have worked and working on this mod!!!

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 06:07

daan2002 wrote:
Ambushclose wrote:Then that will have to do for a working name. Have you given the Chronicles mod a whirl yet? Try it with improved races and if you want to jump right into the action use the cheat package in the plugin manager to see the weapons on the ISD!!! :)
i have not used the improved races but yes i been using the Chronicles mod and love the work has been done so far this mod only one i love the ISD the XSP ISD looked like the bridge was missing some texture Chronicles did not have that problem

and if i may make a suggestion on planets two i really really love to see is Coruscant and Naboo

again love to give a BIG THANK YOU to all the ones who have worked and working on this mod!!!
Arachno and those guys really put some time into the models it has by far the best ISD I have ever seen in an X game including X2's Tomacat mod. There are city scape planet types and Naboo is easy enough to do so they will def be included as they are pivotal locations in the SW galaxy. Well Coruscant is anyway lol.
Naboo would be fun to destroy just to rid the galaxy of Gungans.

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 06:48

Ambushclose wrote:Naboo would be fun to destroy just to rid the galaxy of Gungans.
lol easy one Jar Jar dont call for a whole extinction :P

but on a serious note if yall need like a TeamSpeak 3 i be more than happy to let yall use mine its my own private TS3 :)

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 06:56

daan2002 wrote:
Ambushclose wrote:Naboo would be fun to destroy just to rid the galaxy of Gungans.

but on a serious note if yall need like a TeamSpeak 3 i be more than happy to let yall use mine its my own private TS3 :)
That's rather generous of you. Why don't you PM me the details. It's getting late my time but I would be happy to chat it up tomorrow especially with anyone else interested in continuing this mod.

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 09:57

As far as era and factions go, I wold have to suggest that the most appropriate era is the one Star Wars: Supremacy was set in. Roughly 2 ABY, or between the destruction of the first Death Star and the discovery of the Hoth base. This way you can have the Empire massing it's navy and searching for the rebels, and a hidden rebel base somewhere in the Outer Rim sectors (the Outer Rim should be a major feature of the map).

Given that era, factions could include (aside from the obvious Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance) The Hutt smuggling ring, KDY Shipyards - a bit like OTAS - Bounty Hunters (loners like the X universe privateers, but will come after you if you mess with the Empire).... Sound good?
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 18:35

DarrenTomlyn wrote:
XSP's? :D

Yes please ;)

Any time. All the .xsp’s I have would be too big a folder for upload / transfer, so anyone who want’s them can PM me the specific ship/s they want and I will give them to you.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Tue, 8. Jul 14, 20:13

Ender_Xenocide wrote:As far as era and factions go, I wold have to suggest that the most appropriate era is the one Star Wars: Supremacy was set in. Roughly 2 ABY, or between the destruction of the first Death Star and the discovery of the Hoth base. This way you can have the Empire massing it's navy and searching for the rebels, and a hidden rebel base somewhere in the Outer Rim sectors (the Outer Rim should be a major feature of the map).

Given that era, factions could include (aside from the obvious Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance) The Hutt smuggling ring, KDY Shipyards - a bit like OTAS - Bounty Hunters (loners like the X universe privateers, but will come after you if you mess with the Empire).... Sound good?
I would prefer this as having only 2 major factions and maybe pirates would be a much simpler approach. I have a Galactic Civil War map that shows regions that are contested and would help with the map design.

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 01:46

Ambushclose wrote:
I would prefer this as having only 2 major factions and maybe pirates would be a much simpler approach. I have a Galactic Civil War map that shows regions that are contested and would help with the map design.
I would also agree with this, but it seems that the faction list is already set in stone...?

(One of the biggest mistakes people tend to make when creating mods/computer games is shooting for the moon and falling short/costing too much money/taking too much time.)

KISS - start small and expand when appropriate is always the best approach. As soon as a saw the faction list from Ambushclose I knew they were asking for trouble.

Imperial vs Rebel + pirates/hutts/smugglers etc. is the general layout of the star wars universe with Jedi vs Sith as an overarching conflict providing additional context, and Old Republic vs CIS as an almost additional conflict, and New Republic vs Imps/Ssi-ruuk/Yuuzhan Vong etc. adding more complexity later.

But, as I said, the faction list determines everything else, and the one they have therefore determines how complex the mod has to be, and is probably too much...
Darren Tomlyn

Tune-writer and fiddle-player,

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/3291/

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 01:51

imo i just work on imps and The Rebel Scum Alliance for now once they are done then talk more factions

PS i just do not want to see this project die again

and one more suggestion for a planet Kuat the shipyard planet as i call it http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kuat but dont know if that one is really possible or not

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 02:57

daan2002 wrote:imo i just work on imps and The Rebel Scum Alliance for now once they are done then talk more factions

PS i just do not want to see this project die again

and one more suggestion for a planet Kuat the shipyard planet as i call it http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kuat but dont know if that one is really possible or not
Isn't their a render in TC with an orbital ring around Earth? Sounds like a start to me Kuat Drive Yards is the war machine for the Galactic Empire after all.

Also I agree we should step back and take a breather on the Total Conversion and just see what we can accomplish with lets say A Terran Argon replacement mod.

Given the pre-scripted war plots this could tide us over as a simulacrum of the Rebel Scum vs. Galactic Empire. I think using ugly variants and YT-1300/2000's variants for Hutt/Yaki/pirates faction. Maybe some star Vipers to rep the Blacksun as the major pirate faction.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 03:00

Ambushclose wrote:
daan2002 wrote:

That's rather generous of you. Why don't you PM me the details. It's getting late my time but I would be happy to chat it up tomorrow especially with anyone else interested in continuing this mod.
Anyone who is seriously interested in helping and has any scripting/modding skill can join in on a real time conversation via Team Speak 3 starting at 21:30/9:30pm EST/ESD
PM me for the details

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 08:33

State of the Mod thus far...

Replaced all
Argon TL's with ArcHammers
Argon M1's with ISD2's
Argon M2's with Venators
Argon M6's with CR90's
Argon M7's with Dreadnaughts

Things to do...
Learn how to convert XSP's to Bob/bod files to include the SSD and Eclipse
Learn how to edit station Scenes for Xenon to create Vong Asteroid Stations
Edit Galaxy Map names and Sector Connections

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 01:35

love the sound of the state of the mod :)

also for the ones working on the mod who need the TS3 info PM me or Ambushclose

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 13:47

Best of luck on the project... but unless mikhailskatchkov is in on the particular mod being discussed, I think it may be preferable to begin a different thread.

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 23:29

So what is the current "best version" Star Wars mod (for AP) we collectively have available? I.E. If I wanted to start downloading it now, what should I go for? The one on this thread? :?

Also, will that mod be compatible with the latest version of the XRM? Or Litcube's Universe? Making the Empire an OP version of the Phanon Corporation would be awesome. 8)
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 23:37

Ender_Xenocide wrote:So what is the current "best version" Star Wars mod (for AP) we collectively have available? I.E. If I wanted to start downloading it now, what should I go for? The one on this thread? :?

Also, will that mod be compatible with the latest version of the XRM? Or Litcube's Universe? Making the Empire an OP version of the Phanon Corporation would be awesome. 8)
I have installed Star Wars Chronicles 2.0 with Litcubes Universe but the ship balance is off and I'm sure it breaks something if played long enough.
There is and XRM version of Star Wars
I started a new thread pertaining to SW Chronicles 2.0
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=369227

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 23:51

Thanks. When you say "There is and XRM version of Star Wars", do you mean someone made some (other) mod that is compatible with the XRM, but this one isn't?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”