[X3LU] X-Missions Reloaded (XM-R) v1.59b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 22:43

v1.2 bug report (alongside LU 1.2.2 and a couple of other mods)

Hi Joubarbe,

I accepted a capture prisoner mission and didn't have enough room in my cargobay in the end so the last prison didn't fit (ouch!) and I got the "cargobay full" popup. The mission didn't fail, which feels like a bug.

If unable to reproduce, I can try to upload or email you a save game.

Regards,
Sparks

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 22:51

That's odd, when a prisoner dies (meaning that he is not anymore in the game), the mission should fail.

I'll look into that.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 23:01

Should Argon Missions Network be listed as unlocked?

I took a Split Mechanic gamestart, and Split network was unlocked on start.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 23:04

The Argon network is the only one that is unlocked for everyone. So you don't have to unlock it. Concerning custom game starts, I've unlocked the network of your starting race, to be coherent with the context ("you lived before", so the least you can expect is to have access to missions of your own race).

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 23:11

Joubarbe wrote:The Argon network is the only one that is unlocked for everyone. So you don't have to unlock it. Concerning custom game starts, I've unlocked the network of your starting race, to be coherent with the context ("you lived before", so the least you can expect is to have access to missions of your own race).
Oh, ok, thanks!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 09:51

Found a bug. I have unloaded five HEPT to a station while i had equipped them. When i undock i have all eight lasers equipped on my fighter but in my cargo it shows only three (i can shoot with all of them until unequip them). But when i try to unequip it changes to normal (using Litcube's mod).
Fixed.
I accepted a capture prisoner mission and didn't have enough room in my cargobay in the end so the last prison didn't fit (ouch!) and I got the "cargobay full" popup. The mission didn't fail, which feels like a bug.
Fixed.

Both will be in the next version. Thanks for the feedback.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 10:38

You're very welcome, thanks!

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 11:07

I like this. I hope you'll add more missions and perks to unlock in the future :)

p.s. It would be nice if smart target would target protected station when defending from Xenon.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 11:25

vukica wrote:p.s. It would be nice if smart target would target protected station when defending from Xenon.
Fixed.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 11:35

As more of a combat player than a trader player, I wondered if there could be a higher rate of or an additional combat mission available early on? Would ideas for new [combat] missions be useful?

On a separate note, I think some missions were giving an audio “mission accepted” notification before I had selected the final “yes/no” style text dialog. I shall try and note examples later this evening.

Finally, as LU player, thanks very much for making some Kha’ak missions :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 11:48

I'm more a combat player too, but in my opinion, combat missions, especially with LU, can be hard. Novice missions are more "Taxi" or "Mineral Trip", the green ones. There are plenty of combat when you unlock some perks, or if you find a pirate base (they only have combat missions).

"Heroes Needed" is also an easy way to start fighting. Besides, keep in mind that trade missions are more rewarding (and the idea is to give orders to your TSs to complete them ; I never do these missions myself).

Instead of adding more random missions, I'm thinking of adding some easy plots, for now.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 12:00

I was not considering pirate bases and there's there two plots you've already created of course. That sounds good to me, thanks for the explanation.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 13:15

Are you planning to make any campaign style missions with actual scenario?.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 13:26

I thought about it. And while I was playing, I eventually told myself "nope, that's not a game for a scenario and a storyline", especially with LU. The two current plots have really limited stories, and I don't want to go further than that. I like "The Bridge" because it adds something to the game (even if I still don't know if this can be completed in a normal game...), a new mechanic, even though it's very basic.

I have some ideas for more plots, but I must find unique rewards, something that the player would like to have.

--- edit

XMR main page (that is the first post of this thread) now comes with a Litcube-style-changelog-teaser !

If someone has something to say or a bug to report, it will be easier to track future changes. Also handier for me.

(let's hope that I will soon be able to add the following line to this changelog : "added an export/import menu for LU !")
Last edited by Joubarbe on Wed, 23. Jul 14, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 19:45

Vanquish reported that "... he's found in null", or something like that.

Ship name was * Caiman *.

EDIT:

i can't see any of the pictures from OP.

EDIT2:

Smart target in Mineral trip does not work initially.
- get mission (roids in ringo moon)
- i jump to ringo moon.
- activate smart target, nothing happens.
- activate menu, select "scan whatever asteroids"
- now, the thing is targeted, and smart target is working.

EDIT3:

Smart target does not work for Surgical strike
- took mission
- jumped half way to said sector (i've not discovered the sector yet)
- behavior like "mineral trip"

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 20:31

Vanquish reported that "... he's found in null", or something like that.

Ship name was * Caiman *.
Probably something stupid I did, I'll fix that.
i can't see any of the pictures from OP.
Server 4 of the image host I used seems to be down. I'll wait and see.
Smart target in Mineral trip does not work initially.
Did you wait for the mission to notice that you arrived into the sector ? The check is every five seconds, so it will target the asteroid when the mission status is updated.
Smart target does not work for Surgical strike
You jumped half way ? And smart target didn't show you the next gate leading to the way up to the objective sector ? Never had this problem. Will check.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 21:34

Joubarbe wrote:You jumped half way ? And smart target didn't show you the next gate leading to the way up to the objective sector ? Never had this problem. Will check.
yup. got mission in antigone, jumped to home of light.
mission was in empire edge. smart target didn't do anything, it even wouldn't target ships.
Joubarbe wrote:Did you wait for the mission to notice that you arrived into the sector ? The check is every five seconds, so it will target the asteroid when the mission status is updated.
nope, will check that next time...

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 22:01

When I started using this mod with my existing game (LU but not important), being knocked down from my previous rank-related mission difficulties to the bottom of XMR scale was quite a setback. Although in the interest of trying something new and bug-testing, I didn't mind too much.

Perhaps you could consider adding an optional scaling of available points for people using this with existing games to help them regain some of their non-trade earning potential.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 22:07

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:When I started using this mod with my existing game (LU but not important), being knocked down from my previous rank-related mission difficulties to the bottom of XMR scale was quite a setback. Although in the interest of trying something new and bug-testing, I didn't mind too much.

Perhaps you could consider adding an optional scaling of available points for people using this with existing games to help them regain some of their non-trade earning potential.
If you have money, you have ships ? If you have ships, you can risk harder missions, don't you think ?

Or do you mean giving perk points according to your fight rank, for instance ?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 22:10

vukica wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:Did you wait for the mission to notice that you arrived into the sector ? The check is every five seconds, so it will target the asteroid when the mission status is updated.
nope, will check that next time...
behavior is as reported before.

took mission in three worlds. mission sector is herron's nebula.
smart target not working in three worlds, unless i go to the menu and activate guidance there. then it's ok.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”