Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 11. Aug 18, 19:44

Hey all :)

I was lucky enough last night that a Xenon J bailed when engaged by several of my M2's - amazed they didn't destroy it outright! Anyway, the Xenon J is mine and it currently docked for eventual repair and refit. However, it still has several hostile Xenon fighters docked!

Should these fighters have launched and fled after the mother ship bailed...erm, logged out? Or should they perhaps have changed their allegiance to me once I claimed the J?

Regardless, is there a way to get these fighters to go away? Once the J is ready to deploy, I'll put it in a combat scenario and see if the Fighters auto-launch. I have Carrier Command Software installed, so not sure if that will make use of the docked fighters or not.

To be clear, the Xenon Fighters are still marked as owned by the J, hence why I thought Carrier Command software might do something.

Scoob.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 23:51

Playing through LU for the first time. Just setting up a mining station now so I don't have to deal with manually unloading a freighter every five minutes. Problem is I have no idea on how to properly set it up beyond keeping energy cells stocked up for jump fuel. Freighters just seem to be shipping only the ore and wafers and ignoring the much more important crystals.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 15. Aug 18, 13:22

asdx wrote:Playing through LU for the first time. Just setting up a mining station now so I don't have to deal with manually unloading a freighter every five minutes. Problem is I have no idea on how to properly set it up beyond keeping energy cells stocked up for jump fuel. Freighters just seem to be shipping only the ore and wafers and ignoring the much more important crystals.
I set up an Argon Trading station as a mining hub quite early on - in fact it sells all the loot my Reaper collects over the storage limits.

I noticed, especially when they were low-level, that my Dock Agents set to "Sell" appeared to prioritise selling things like Ore, Silicon and Ice over other wares I had in stock. I'd regularly see my original seller doing multiple runs selling Ore, ignoring the much more valuable items I had for sale.

Eventually, I assumed as the pilot levelled up, my other wares started being sold reliably too.

Oh, do make sure you've set your limits correctly, just in case you haven't. I tend to keep a handful of potentially useful things like 25mj Shields and certain weapons I need for outfitting, but I don't add any items I just want to sell.

Edit: On an unrelated note, my captured Xenon J still has 11 Xenon fighters aboard. Still not sure what to do about that. The J is a small carrier, so I could really do with them gone. Any ideas anyone? I think I had this happen once before in a prior game but cannot recall how it was resolved, if it was at all.

Scoob.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 06:54

I set up an Argon Trading station as a mining hub quite early on - in fact it sells all the loot my Reaper collects over the storage limits.

I noticed, especially when they were low-level, that my Dock Agents set to "Sell" appeared to prioritise selling things like Ore, Silicon and Ice over other wares I had in stock. I'd regularly see my original seller doing multiple runs selling Ore, ignoring the much more valuable items I had for sale.

Scoob.
I managed to figure it out on my own. Got two freighters selling, and one buying a good stuck of energy cells for jump fuel. Got three kestrels running around selling crystals and such. I went from twenty million to 105 million in like one trip. Now I just need to set up more Saturn complexes and traders and let the gravy train roll.

Edit: Also, Teladi trading stations are like half the price of Argon if you're in good standing with them.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 16:59

I chose the Argon Trading station due to gaining access to it sooner, plus it has an extra 5 Freighter / TS/TM/TP docking arms which were useful at the early game stage I was at then.

It's actually quite crazy how much money you can make just mining and scavenging. I'd need several Saturn Complex Hubs up to even come close. I got lucky and found a bailed Mercury Miner quite early on, so I just set it to work. I then bought ten Buster miners, which are a bit small, but they bring in a steady stream of crystals and minerals. I also got a bailed Falcon Miner and another TS class Miner along the way. I might buy some more TS-class miners now I have ample dosh to really ramp things up.

If I could automate the Reaper so it jumped to a Sector with above a certain credit value of loot, well, I'd be even richer lol. However, I just tend to send it to Sectors where I've been directly involved in a fight...with FTC over over 25% I get a LOT of loot...

As I've found bailed Freighters, I've taken the better ones and made them into ST's, promoting to UT's when they get to level 10. I think I have approaching 40 now. Combine this with selling claimed ships, and I'm doing pretty well.

Oh, I've found it's a GREAT idea to ally with the Pirates as soon as you can. I go to a pirate sector bordering a Xenon one and take out any Xenon I'm able to. Before long the Pirate sectors are readily traversable and a VERY good source of loot and bailed ships as the Pirates attack other races assets. One (of many) great things about this mod is that the vanilla bug that caused hostile pirates to still spawn despite being friendly with them was fixed. Even if you get hostile pirates - say you take a mission that spawns them on a patrol unexpectedly - if you leave them alone they will go neutral.

I've left Phanon alone this game so far, they've not hassled me, so I've not hassled them. It's comforting to know that I can wipe them off the map at any point though :)

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 02:32

Ok, perhaps this is a silly question but I'm going for it anyway!

I set up my first Saturn Complex Hub today. It's my first time doing this because I usually make money by other methods, but I wanted have a play.

Anyway, I chose a 50 XXL Space Fuel one and got it up and running not problems. It's producing 100 units of Space Fuel every cycle, which is great. To sell this, I've assigned two (I think one might have been fine) Station Agents.

After the station had produced more than its selling threshold of Space Fuel, one of the Station Agents loaded it up and went off to sell it to a nearby Pirate Base. However, when I checked back later, the Freighter had returned empty as expected, but no Credits had been added to the stations account.

So, my question: Is money from a Saturn Complex Hub credited directly to the Players main account? I have sufficient dosh that I can't really notice income from any specific source and had hope the SCH would just build up credits like any normal factory.

Note: I've confirmed that the Freighter did not unload the wares back at the SCH - i.e. it didn't fail to sell them - they're definitely gone.

If anyone can confirm the expected behaviour, that'd be great :)

Edit: I just watched one of my assigned Freighters and something is broken. It says it's off to sell some Space Fuel, a load (1,000 units+) is taken from the SCH and the Freighter heads off to a nearby Pirate Base. However, upon inspecting the Freighter it's EMPTY! So what has happened to the wares?

To be clear: the SCH's inventory is reduced and the Freighter heads off but it has ZERO WARES so, when it gets to the Pirate Base it has NOTHING to sell. The produced Space Fuel vanishes when it's supposed to be loaded onto the Freighter.

I have Station Agent equipped freighters sell stuff just fine from my Argon Trading Station, however these guys seem broken. Any ideas?

Edit 2: I've temporarily worked around the issue by having a Courier transport the Space Fuel to my central selling Hub. Basically ALL my other loot and excess stuff gets automatically sold off here. I've already observed the Dock Agents assigned to Sell at this station correctly picking up the wares and selling it...cargo is not vanishing using this method. My only concern is that this station is on Argon space, where Space Fuel is illegal...

Scoob.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 07:07

Scoob wrote:I chose the Argon Trading station due to gaining access to it sooner, plus it has an extra 5 Freighter / TS/TM/TP docking arms which were useful at the early game stage I was at then.

It's actually quite crazy how much money you can make just mining and scavenging. I'd need several Saturn Complex Hubs up to even come close. I got lucky and found a bailed Mercury Miner quite early on, so I just set it to work. I then bought ten Buster miners, which are a bit small, but they bring in a steady stream of crystals and minerals. I also got a bailed Falcon Miner and another TS class Miner along the way. I might buy some more TS-class miners now I have ample dosh to really ramp things up.

If I could automate the Reaper so it jumped to a Sector with above a certain credit value of loot, well, I'd be even richer lol. However, I just tend to send it to Sectors where I've been directly involved in a fight...with FTC over over 25% I get a LOT of loot...

As I've found bailed Freighters, I've taken the better ones and made them into ST's, promoting to UT's when they get to level 10. I think I have approaching 40 now. Combine this with selling claimed ships, and I'm doing pretty well.

Oh, I've found it's a GREAT idea to ally with the Pirates as soon as you can. I go to a pirate sector bordering a Xenon one and take out any Xenon I'm able to. Before long the Pirate sectors are readily traversable and a VERY good source of loot and bailed ships as the Pirates attack other races assets. One (of many) great things about this mod is that the vanilla bug that caused hostile pirates to still spawn despite being friendly with them was fixed. Even if you get hostile pirates - say you take a mission that spawns them on a patrol unexpectedly - if you leave them alone they will go neutral.

I've left Phanon alone this game so far, they've not hassled me, so I've not hassled them. It's comforting to know that I can wipe them off the map at any point though :)

Scoob.
Heh, I've thoroughly pissed off the pirates, and ate Phanon's first Mammoth with some torpedo's and a Quasar I managed to snag and repair early on.

I've had to drop a satellite in most pirate sectors because my traders kept jumping in and dieing like complete morons. I'm kind of alarmed at how some sectors have frigates and pirates galore.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 10:36

asdx wrote:Heh, I've thoroughly pissed off the pirates, and ate Phanon's first Mammoth with some torpedo's and a Quasar I managed to snag and repair early on.

I've had to drop a satellite in most pirate sectors because my traders kept jumping in and dieing like complete morons. I'm kind of alarmed at how some sectors have frigates and pirates galore.
Pirates are great for early-game rep with the Argon, I used to camp out in Elena's Fortune and snag rep, loot and the odd bailed ship. Making friends with the Pirates makes the initial game a bit slower, but opens up their sectors for traversal and trade. Also, you can just sit and watch any Pirate vs. Race fights and collect any loot without any real danger.

Odd about your trade ships, I know UT's will only trade in a Sector with Player Property present, and I thought other (Station Agent equipped) ships followed the same rule. I've placed nav sats in every sector pretty much, so I can check for Xenon activity.

Oh, the best earner for me is being lucky enough to get a Xenon invasion and anti-Xenon Patrol mission in the same Sector at once. The former pays a LOT higher per ship, but the latter spawns a LOT more ships for a given difficultly. I made over a billion credits on one of these combo's, but it was a HUGE fight with all my heavy military ships involved. The Xenon Z's (18gj shielding) generally prove the toughest to take down.

Btw: do you have much experience with SCH's? Mine appear to be slightly bugged as per my post above. Perhaps it's some mod conflict as I do use a couple of additional scripts, thought they're all Litcube Mod approved I thought.

Scoob.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 11:29

Space fuel is an illegal ware in most race sectors. If a police patrol ship catches your freighter, it should automatically eject the illegal wares to avoid being attacked by the police.

Does your problem also occur if you try to sell illegal wares in pirate sectors?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 11:46

BlackArchon wrote:Space fuel is an illegal ware in most race sectors. If a police patrol ship catches your freighter, it should automatically eject the illegal wares to avoid being attacked by the police.

Does your problem also occur if you try to sell illegal wares in pirate sectors?
My Space Fuel producing SCH is in an Unknown Sector, and the Station Agents selling it don't appear to actually load the ware, though it vanishes from the station. If it were being ejected then I'd see the ejected Space Fuel on the sector map surely?

The setup isn't ideal, I'd not intended to have to sell the wares from my main Trading Station in Argon space (Presedent's End) but I'm sorta stuck using that method now. I chose Space Fuel as it was the top of the demand list.

I'm sorta stuck with the station now as a couple of hours have passed since I set it up. I guess I could auction it off at a push and try to recoup my expenses. Regardless, I do think I'm experiencing some sort of bug / conflict.

Scoob.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 12:11

Scoob wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:Space fuel is an illegal ware in most race sectors. If a police patrol ship catches your freighter, it should automatically eject the illegal wares to avoid being attacked by the police.

My Space Fuel producing SCH is in an Unknown Sector, and the Station Agents selling it don't appear to actually load the ware, though it vanishes from the station. If it were being ejected then I'd see the ejected Space Fuel on the sector map surely?

The setup isn't ideal, I'd not intended to have to sell the wares from my main Trading Station in Argon space (Presedent's End) but I'm sorta stuck using that method now. I chose Space Fuel as it was the top of the demand list.

I'm sorta stuck with the station now as a couple of hours have passed since I set it up. I guess I could auction it off at a push and try to recoup my expenses. Regardless, I do think I'm experiencing some sort of bug / conflict.

Scoob.
Shut down the SCH. Load all stations on your TL. Fly the TL to a shipyard, and sell the stations with extra commands on the TL. All money back.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 12:23

Sirrobert wrote:Shut down the SCH. Load all stations on your TL. Fly the TL to a shipyard, and sell the stations with extra commands on the TL. All money back.
Thanks, hadn't realised it was quite that simple - I might do just that. It'll be interesting to see if it happen with whatever other wares I set it up with.

Scoob.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 16:13

Scoob wrote:
Sirrobert wrote:Shut down the SCH. Load all stations on your TL. Fly the TL to a shipyard, and sell the stations with extra commands on the TL. All money back.
Thanks, hadn't realised it was quite that simple - I might do just that. It'll be interesting to see if it happen with whatever other wares I set it up with.

Scoob.
Just take a look at this here I really use the IRE SCH and it works GREAT anytimes!!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 18:10

Freenan wrote: Just take a look at this here I really use the IRE SCH and it works GREAT anytimes!!
Thanks. I actually set up a Wasp Missile SCH as a test - I was thinking I might equip my own ships with Wasps more for the distraction than damage.

I've also been dabbling with MLCC - I had a bunch of captured ships so thought I'd have a play - Was wondering if I can automate their response to threats? Currently, I'm manually issuing the command to send ships to various Security Complaints, but I wonder if they respond automatically if one of my ships is actually attacked?

For me, Phanon have just gone aggressive, though they've been at the "Nova Ltd" stage for ages. I took out their patrol that attacked my UT, then I took out of of their station as pay back. Surprisingly, I lost a chunk of rep with the faction who's space the station was in - that's annoying! I wonder if Phanon lose rep when they attack me in a race sector? That'd be cool.

Oh, funny thing, when I was attacking their station, their Tokyo M1 jumped me...I was in my Excalibur though, so they didn't last long - and the Tokyo bailed! Nice.

Scoob.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 18:22

Wasps are pretty good for all Fighters. As long as you have enough.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 23:09

Scoob wrote: Pirates are great for early-game rep with the Argon, I used to camp out in Elena's Fortune and snag rep, loot and the odd bailed ship. Making friends with the Pirates makes the initial game a bit slower, but opens up their sectors for traversal and trade. Also, you can just sit and watch any Pirate vs. Race fights and collect any loot without any real danger.

Odd about your trade ships, I know UT's will only trade in a Sector with Player Property present, and I thought other (Station Agent equipped) ships followed the same rule. I've placed nav sats in every sector pretty much, so I can check for Xenon activity.

Oh, the best earner for me is being lucky enough to get a Xenon invasion and anti-Xenon Patrol mission in the same Sector at once. The former pays a LOT higher per ship, but the latter spawns a LOT more ships for a given difficultly. I made over a billion credits on one of these combo's, but it was a HUGE fight with all my heavy military ships involved. The Xenon Z's (18gj shielding) generally prove the toughest to take down.

Btw: do you have much experience with SCH's? Mine appear to be slightly bugged as per my post above. Perhaps it's some mod conflict as I do use a couple of additional scripts, thought they're all Litcube Mod approved I thought.

Scoob.
Not got much expirence with SCH's. Might be to do with how traders won't touch illegal goods if they can help it?

Anywho my problem wasn't them trying to trade. It was them jumping into pirate sectors to travel, or escape from fights. Since it was a known location, but with no player property present, they couldn't detect enemies and figured it was safe. Despite being a pirate/xenon sector full of things just itching to blow them up.

Edit: Aaaaaaaand they're still jumping into pirate sectors for some reason, maybe they just don't have enough jump fuel? I don't know how they're programmed but they just keep jumping into pirate sectors on the way back from selling things.
Last edited by asdx on Sun, 19. Aug 18, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 23:54

Scoob wrote:
I've also been dabbling with MLCC - I had a bunch of captured ships so thought I'd have a play - Was wondering if I can automate their response to threats? Currently, I'm manually issuing the command to send ships to various Security Complaints, but I wonder if they respond automatically if one of my ships is actually attacked?

Scoob.
Here u go!!

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 12:31

so im wondering why i only have a FLC of 0,26% with a combat rank of 24

if i look herehttp://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eature_FLC than i should have plenty more or am i wrong?

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 12:40

I'm wondering something. Is there a way to automate drone carriers and such? I'm asking cause I can afford a Griffon now and it mentions being able to drop a bunch of drones quickly. Not sure if carrier command software does anything for drones...

(it is now 6 AM and I need to get to bed before it's suddenly noon, again)

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 12:52

asdx wrote:I'm wondering something. Is there a way to automate drone carriers and such? I'm asking cause I can afford a Griffon now and it mentions being able to drop a bunch of drones quickly. Not sure if carrier command software does anything for drones...

(it is now 6 AM and I need to get to bed before it's suddenly noon, again)
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0 maybe this helps u

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”