Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Whiskiz

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Whiskiz » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 01:40

Is there a way to save prices you set for wares in a trading station, when you go to set it in "adjust station parameters" or otherwise?

I have a mining fleet and a courier set to constantly drop off all the minerals to the trading station, to then be sold off, but every time they're cleared out and replaced - the price seems to revert back to the average. Same for salvaged stuff and in general. I keep having to regularly check back to reset the price of each thing.

Is there also a way to set prices/capacities for things without having to have a copy of that ware on the station?

Especially when going to set up ware capacities to store stuff for your fleet - otherwise you'd have to grab one of each thing each time from around the universe, first.

Edit: I also have my solar complex selling solar power to my trading station and equipment dock ("station is open to your traders" set to on) and they seem to keep selling the solar power there, regardless of having a set capacity and overstock set to no. Is this intended?

I have my stations set to allow my own traders (to sell there) so i can just use the 1 or 2 solar station agents to supply all my stuff with power, instead of needing an individual TS for every other station set to freighter, or by courier (since courier doesn't seem to be able to keep a set amount of e-cells on board for jumping themselves, otherwise i would)

One of the stations was on 30k with a 10k capacity and overstock set to no and one of my solar agents just sold another 20k there..
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sat, 5. Jan 19, 00:43, edited 4 times in total.

Just_Dan
x3ap

Post by Just_Dan » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 04:10

Hopefully this is the right option to post. I have been trying to get my sector trader to work but the order just isn't going through. I use the command console on the mercury, go to trade, ST, select the sector, set the input range to 1, and then I press enter. When I check the screen with all my ships, it shows "None" as the current order but the name has changed to ST 001 Mercury. They should have all the recommended software and I'll have a link to my save if anyone wants to give it a go. It's a fresh install of litcube's, and a fresh install of x3ap since I just installed it. Searching this site, google, and reddit havn't turned up fruitful yet.

Here is the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNlGEm ... sp=sharing

Edit: I've downloaded the mk3 mod in the mods page link and that seems to have fixed it.

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 18:44

I had that same problem. What i did was just set sector range to 0 instead of 1+, keeping it in sector only for ST until lvl 8 for UT when it didn't matter anyway (when they're able to trade around the entire universe.)

It's odd when it gives you a bit of range options (did for me anyway, i had a few pilot levels already) but the command won't actually work.

Otherwise setting to 1+ for me would also make the ST do nothing.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sat, 5. Jan 19, 00:45, edited 4 times in total.

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 22:04

So no ideas regarding the randomly aligned stations with the Alternate Starts script with a fresh LU install?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 4. Jan 19, 22:20

@just_dan You can use more than 0 for sector trading range after the ST levels up a bit, initially it has to be 0. I'm quite surprised it prompts for the trading range when you start a brand new ST, I thought it was supposed to prompt only after leveling up once at least. Anyway, being able to configure STs to trade a few sectors around a central one is a very useful feature:
- it hugely speeds up ST leveling up because it can potentially do larger (and more profitable) trades, so I recommend that you re-issue the ST command on a ST that got to level 3+ and give it a trading range of 1 or 2 so it will be leveling it up faster
- it makes it possible to use your traders to boost up targeted local economy
- it's a more direct way to keep your traders safe ensuring that they don't wonder into enemy sectors
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 01:12

Is there anything i can do about big ships coming through jumpgates at the same center position every time? (i have the LU Alternate Gate Graphics mod installed - not sure if that changed the size/shap/mechanics of jumpgates or anything.)

3 times in a row now i jumped to a sector gate with my M2 and had my 2 M7 wing jump too (after a big battle, to finish cleaning up) and i come through and seconds later i get a message saying one of my M7 was destroyed by me, only to reload and go again and accidentally end up in the same situation eventually, after another big battle.

Maybe it doesn't help i'm in a bigger slower M2 while they're in a little faster M7 but still. I also try to full throttle and aim up where i can and/or wait some time inbetween the jumping but the second i forget - ship destroyed.

Other times i'll activate a protect the station mission and jump to the gate they're spawning, only to get instagibbed by a pirate M7+ if one is coming through for it. Every time.

I'm guessing the station problems mentioned above that i'm having, would probably not be that way by now if there was another/better option too. Strange that wares' prices don't save once set in a trade station though, that you need to manually set prices for everything that comes through every time - mostly a problem for repetitive mining and salvaging.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sat, 5. Jan 19, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 02:08

Ships jumping on each other in-sector is a problem as old as X games. Or colliding in flight or when trying to dock. You just have to deal with it by trying to avoid risky situations (like jumping multiple capitals at the same time in your sector at a gate) and/or docking capitals in sector. In LU you have the option to configure your fleet with MLCC and then use the MLCC Assist Jump to Player option (if you carry a jump beacon in your cargo hold) so your ships jump on a plane in front of you, apart from each other and not colliding.

EDIT: the MLCC "flow" will also naturally result in the fleet jumping back to their home sector after the current incursion is done, so they jump out of sector from you so no collision issues to worry about. Then later on you can call them back as needed.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 03:52

I tried MLCC - i set up each of my ships (M7 and 2 M6) for their individual orders, jumped them in and away i went. It looked pretty awesome.

I had the M6 set to take out fighters first. In the sector, the fighters were way off behind some big nasty xenon X7+ so the M6 flew straight through them and promptly got torn apart, so i haven't used MLCC since - until i need to with a big fleet (and with better assessment and orders for each individual scenario.)

I figure it's much safer and easier for now to just have the few ships of my fleet "protect me" and "attack all" while able to at least have specific targeting and AI set up for the turrets/most of the firepower.

I also noticed that unless MLCC military is docked, that those ships are unavailable - so i'm not sure i could even just use the tactical jump part for in-sector jumping around, after a big battle already in that sector - afterward wanting to jump my slow M2 from somewhere around the center to the jumpgate the leftovers are fleeing to or backup has arrived from.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 23:11

Whiskiz wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 03:52
I tried MLCC - i set up each of my ships (M7 and 2 M6) for their individual orders, jumped them in and away i went. It looked pretty awesome.

I had the M6 set to take out fighters first. In the sector, the fighters were way off behind some big nasty xenon X7+ so the M6 flew straight through them and promptly got torn apart, so i haven't used MLCC since - until i need to with a big fleet (and with better assessment and orders for each individual scenario.)

I figure it's much safer and easier for now to just have the few ships of my fleet "protect me" and "attack all" while able to at least have specific targeting and AI set up for the turrets/most of the firepower.

I also noticed that unless MLCC military is docked, that those ships are unavailable - so i'm not sure i could even just use the tactical jump part for in-sector jumping around, after a big battle already in that sector - afterward wanting to jump my slow M2 from somewhere around the center to the jumpgate the leftovers are fleeing to or backup has arrived from.
Az Dizzy says it's been an issue for all x games. In your situation I would be oos and send the 2 m7's first. Once they are both showing as jumped you can activate your jump drive. When you arrive the game will have magically moved the m7's away from the gate and your entry will be fine. Alternatively get them to follow you and jump to the ctr of the sector. The calculations mean that all followers jump in at a safe distance from your M2.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 19:47

Whiskiz wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 03:52
What can you do to reduce the time it takes for an MLCC ship to return and dock at its homebase? For example in my game I had MLCC docks set up around 10km from a jump beacon and so they only had to fly 10km OOS so tactical retreats meant I ordered them to return, then SETA-ed a bit then called them back.

Note that you can manually order "return to homebase" to some ships or you can select which ships to call with MLCC assist (don't have to call in everyone nor to tell everyone to return home at the same time).
[ external image ]

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 04:19

Ahh true true, that'd help for jumping around in-sector (calling the fleet home with a jump beacon while i jump to the gate, then calling them back out on me.) I also have a jump beacon at my main base - right in front of the autopilot runway for the internal dock for smaller ships haha. For the TS and most other ships that sees alot of traffic to and from.

I tested beacon placing distance for big ships - 2km from a dock, 4km and finally settled on 5km for a little bit. That seems to be the distance big ships need to line up a dock without having to slowly turn around too much. It was still a little weird though depending on where they jumped in around the beacon and which port they were heading for and it was getting a little far away for the rest of the ships and empire for efficiency so i dropped it at the runway instead (while runway distance still leaves enough room for big ships to jump in and go around to dock.)

Minor thing really - dropping the beacon at the runway, 5km, 10km etc - i was just interested to see the placement where especially M2 didn't have to spend 30min turning around to line up a runway to then spend another 30min turning back around to then eventually fly in to complete the dock.

Big fatties.

Cheers guys.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 20:01

Whiskiz wrote:
Tue, 8. Jan 19, 04:19
Ahh true true, that'd help for jumping around in-sector (calling the fleet home with a jump beacon while i jump to the gate, then calling them back out on me.) I also have a jump beacon at my main base - right in front of the autopilot runway for the internal dock for smaller ships haha. For the TS and most other ships that sees alot of traffic to and from.

I tested beacon placing distance for big ships - 2km from a dock, 4km and finally settled on 5km for a little bit. That seems to be the distance big ships need to line up a dock without having to slowly turn around too much. It was still a little weird though depending on where they jumped in around the beacon and which port they were heading for and it was getting a little far away for the rest of the ships and empire for efficiency so i dropped it at the runway instead (while runway distance still leaves enough room for big ships to jump in and go around to dock.)

Minor thing really - dropping the beacon at the runway, 5km, 10km etc - i was just interested to see the placement where especially M2 didn't have to spend 30min turning around to line up a runway to then spend another 30min turning back around to then eventually fly in to complete the dock.

Big fatties.

Cheers guys.
They only wallow when you're in sector with them. If you get them to dock while OOS they will go through a station.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 22:19

Yeah I specifically avoid being in sector where I have my HQ and MLCC docks, otherwise I run the risk of losing ships to collisions and it's just going to slow down everything (ex. all those Freighters bringing stuff to the HQ end up taking forever to dock compared to OOS). If I need anything on the player ship I have a "personal assistant" TS (the fastest TS I can get) homebased to the HQ which is going to fetch things for me (many common tasks like refueling and rearming have specialized commands and/or keyboard shortcuts to make it pretty easy).
[ external image ]

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 06:23

dizzy wrote:
Fri, 4. Jan 19, 22:20
@just_dan You can use more than 0 for sector trading range after the ST levels up a bit, initially it has to be 0. I'm quite surprised it prompts for the trading range when you start a brand new ST, I thought it was supposed to prompt only after leveling
He must be using the Mk3 trader reloaded mod - it will ask you to choose between 0-1 the range the first time you set up an ST.

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 21:54

Best X3 Mod in the World! Thanks for that.
Btw in a galaxy far far away....
I finally finished switching out the vanilla ships with the star wars ships from the star wars mod. Even more nice :D
Some final renaiming and icon changes, but no crashes or bug in the first hours.

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 03:41

Ahh good to know about the OOS and in-sector oddness, as well as the personal assistant.

It wasn't with the MK 3 trader reloaded mod, because i had the same issue and didn't have any extra mods installed.

Olorin
x4

Post by Olorin » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 02:38

Have written up a guide on Litcube's Universe, originally posted it on discord and reddit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x1X ... sp=sharing
Writer of Litcube's Universe guide, available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x1X ... sp=sharing

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 12:48

Olorin wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 02:38
Have written up a guide on Litcube's Universe, originally posted it on discord and reddit.

That Guide 8) :o nice work

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 13:56

Olorin wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 02:38

Thanks for posting your guide
I have every intention of playing this mod eventually and your guide will help

Thorsghost
x3ap

Post by Thorsghost » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 11:16

Has anyone got a guide/explanation on how to get the tug command to work as whenever I try to activate it, it waits for a few seconds before "returning to home".

Have my TL set with a home base, remote control software etc but also cant find a way to "flag" ships to tug.
If you can win with one shot, empty your whole goddamn magazine just to make sure!!!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”