Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 01:47

Ok, separate post as this isn't to do with the above confusion...well, I don't think it is.

My Magnetar TM Tugs were working well collecting M3 and smaller ships and dropping them back off at their Aran home base. However, despite being set correctly, they are not refuelling when they land back at the Aran. The Aran has ample EC's.

This causes the Tug to fail eventually due to lack of jump fuel. I can manually top them up of course, but that's not the point.

Scoob.

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 08:01

Hey so Im on the newest version of the mod 1.7.2 and the OCV appear to have started to bug out. Just checked all current sectors from sector omega to their current sector gannet kappa and only that sector is spawning OCV mammoths for some reason. And when the races find a weakness they say going to tokyo lambda and just get massacred at gannet kappa. Anyway to fix without restarting my game :? :(

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 10:42

Joubarbe wrote:Oh sorry. Yeah, you can't do that. There's no "Reaper" for abandoned ships.
actually there is!

Here u go, ur welcome

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=398916

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 19:38

Thanks Freenan,

I'm having a play with the script now and it works well. I'm testing with just the basic Claim and Tug scripts first to get a feel for it. I'll try the modded version in your link in a bit.

The basic script is pretty good though, it's useful, but it's not full automation so I still need to monitor things and manually send my Claiming ship as needed - just just keep it in sector with me and working...it does get distracted by attacks though, and won't proceed to claim something until its attacker is dead. I tested it initially on my Cerberus, but it's on a Proteus M6 now as it's fast.

Note: I can't seem to get around the issue with my Tugs failing to refuel when their home base is a ship - i.e. an Aran - which is leading to some micro-management, but nothing major.

Scoob.

Nashaulk
x3tc

Factory location

Post by Nashaulk » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 17:45

What are some good low budget Saturn Complexes for around 50 million a piece?

1 MJ Shields are selling like hotcakes, but I'd like to mix things up a bit.
Cargo bay now contains... Terran Valhalla.

Freenan
x4

Re: Factory location

Post by Freenan » Thu, 26. Jul 18, 10:17

Nashaulk wrote:What are some good low budget Saturn Complexes for around 50 million a piece?

1 MJ Shields are selling like hotcakes, but I'd like to mix things up a bit.
Here u can see some good values
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 04:33

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 12:00

tatakau wrote:Does anyone know how to set up MLCC to refuel and rearm fighters?

I have an Emeus with 80 Aamons, and the Aamons template calls for 100 Energy Cells and 4 Silkworm Missiles.

Despite the MLCC dock having plenty of both energy and missiles though, the fighters do not get refueled and rearmed after a retreat or rearm command is given. :-(
You need to set up the ships themselves for missile resupply (and jump resupply).
You can have the template make those settings.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Wed, 1. Aug 18, 00:15

deleted

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 1. Aug 18, 07:44

Weapon screen, at the bottom.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 1. Aug 18, 10:36

Jump fuel is somewhere in the middle of the command screen. (jump settings. Autojump, minimum sector distance before autojump, and refuel settings). (hotkey C)

Missiles is the weapon screen, as Joubarbe already said (hotkey G)
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 2. Aug 18, 18:43

deleted

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Mon, 6. Aug 18, 19:53

Has anyone run into the issue of massive and very brief FPS drops during combat? Originally when I first downloaded the mod and tried it, I had no issues, however now once a ship gets low in shield every weapon impact causes a very noticeably bad stutter.

I haven't tried fighters yet, but with frigates and destroyers it happens. Clean install and no mods

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 04:34

Hey guys, Is there a way to restore all the original music or at least some of it from AP? Because some of the themes I really enjoy while some of the LU soundtrack gets very tiring after a while. If this has been asked before - I have googled it before, I'm sorry

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 9. Aug 18, 15:32

tatakau wrote:No wares resupply for Energy Cells though. I assume fighters on carriers are not expected to have energy cells? Probably for the best, don't want fighters jumping after targets that have auto-jump.
Doesn't "fuel resupply" take care of this?
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 11. Aug 18, 19:44

Hey all :)

I was lucky enough last night that a Xenon J bailed when engaged by several of my M2's - amazed they didn't destroy it outright! Anyway, the Xenon J is mine and it currently docked for eventual repair and refit. However, it still has several hostile Xenon fighters docked!

Should these fighters have launched and fled after the mother ship bailed...erm, logged out? Or should they perhaps have changed their allegiance to me once I claimed the J?

Regardless, is there a way to get these fighters to go away? Once the J is ready to deploy, I'll put it in a combat scenario and see if the Fighters auto-launch. I have Carrier Command Software installed, so not sure if that will make use of the docked fighters or not.

To be clear, the Xenon Fighters are still marked as owned by the J, hence why I thought Carrier Command software might do something.

Scoob.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 23:51

Playing through LU for the first time. Just setting up a mining station now so I don't have to deal with manually unloading a freighter every five minutes. Problem is I have no idea on how to properly set it up beyond keeping energy cells stocked up for jump fuel. Freighters just seem to be shipping only the ore and wafers and ignoring the much more important crystals.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 15. Aug 18, 13:22

asdx wrote:Playing through LU for the first time. Just setting up a mining station now so I don't have to deal with manually unloading a freighter every five minutes. Problem is I have no idea on how to properly set it up beyond keeping energy cells stocked up for jump fuel. Freighters just seem to be shipping only the ore and wafers and ignoring the much more important crystals.
I set up an Argon Trading station as a mining hub quite early on - in fact it sells all the loot my Reaper collects over the storage limits.

I noticed, especially when they were low-level, that my Dock Agents set to "Sell" appeared to prioritise selling things like Ore, Silicon and Ice over other wares I had in stock. I'd regularly see my original seller doing multiple runs selling Ore, ignoring the much more valuable items I had for sale.

Eventually, I assumed as the pilot levelled up, my other wares started being sold reliably too.

Oh, do make sure you've set your limits correctly, just in case you haven't. I tend to keep a handful of potentially useful things like 25mj Shields and certain weapons I need for outfitting, but I don't add any items I just want to sell.

Edit: On an unrelated note, my captured Xenon J still has 11 Xenon fighters aboard. Still not sure what to do about that. The J is a small carrier, so I could really do with them gone. Any ideas anyone? I think I had this happen once before in a prior game but cannot recall how it was resolved, if it was at all.

Scoob.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 06:54

I set up an Argon Trading station as a mining hub quite early on - in fact it sells all the loot my Reaper collects over the storage limits.

I noticed, especially when they were low-level, that my Dock Agents set to "Sell" appeared to prioritise selling things like Ore, Silicon and Ice over other wares I had in stock. I'd regularly see my original seller doing multiple runs selling Ore, ignoring the much more valuable items I had for sale.

Scoob.
I managed to figure it out on my own. Got two freighters selling, and one buying a good stuck of energy cells for jump fuel. Got three kestrels running around selling crystals and such. I went from twenty million to 105 million in like one trip. Now I just need to set up more Saturn complexes and traders and let the gravy train roll.

Edit: Also, Teladi trading stations are like half the price of Argon if you're in good standing with them.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 16:59

I chose the Argon Trading station due to gaining access to it sooner, plus it has an extra 5 Freighter / TS/TM/TP docking arms which were useful at the early game stage I was at then.

It's actually quite crazy how much money you can make just mining and scavenging. I'd need several Saturn Complex Hubs up to even come close. I got lucky and found a bailed Mercury Miner quite early on, so I just set it to work. I then bought ten Buster miners, which are a bit small, but they bring in a steady stream of crystals and minerals. I also got a bailed Falcon Miner and another TS class Miner along the way. I might buy some more TS-class miners now I have ample dosh to really ramp things up.

If I could automate the Reaper so it jumped to a Sector with above a certain credit value of loot, well, I'd be even richer lol. However, I just tend to send it to Sectors where I've been directly involved in a fight...with FTC over over 25% I get a LOT of loot...

As I've found bailed Freighters, I've taken the better ones and made them into ST's, promoting to UT's when they get to level 10. I think I have approaching 40 now. Combine this with selling claimed ships, and I'm doing pretty well.

Oh, I've found it's a GREAT idea to ally with the Pirates as soon as you can. I go to a pirate sector bordering a Xenon one and take out any Xenon I'm able to. Before long the Pirate sectors are readily traversable and a VERY good source of loot and bailed ships as the Pirates attack other races assets. One (of many) great things about this mod is that the vanilla bug that caused hostile pirates to still spawn despite being friendly with them was fixed. Even if you get hostile pirates - say you take a mission that spawns them on a patrol unexpectedly - if you leave them alone they will go neutral.

I've left Phanon alone this game so far, they've not hassled me, so I've not hassled them. It's comforting to know that I can wipe them off the map at any point though :)

Scoob.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”