Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 21:41

Try watching it on 2x speed or something, I cover pretty much every feature of LU (except maybe for mobile mining) across the series, a full LU playthrough is pretty long (150+ hours) so the series is actually already very distilled.

Lasertowers aren't great in early game because they are relatively expensive/rare/slow to produce and in OOS combat you will inevitably lose some over time so it's a constant drain of resources at a time (early game) when you cannot afford that kind of drain. Use an early fleet of M6 + maybe some M3+ (or simply just a good M6 player ship) to jump in where you get attacked and defend. If you cannot afford yet to defend your installations against Phanon+ then simply do not deploy any until you have enough of a fleet to do so. Instead focus on trying to make money using mobile means (doing missions and using automated traders) so that you don't have any structures to defend.

In terms of what stations are most profitable, I wouldn't know because I don't really deploy single stations/regular complexes but for Saturn Complex Hubs it's a good idea to make the cheapest weapons since their factories are cheap (does not require huge investment) and they pay off quickly (about 1.5 game days) and they occupy little volume which makes them easy to move about and sell them. Note however that you will need to diversify, don't make lots of SCH making just one type of weapon because soon enough the universe will be full of those weapons and you won't have where to sell them.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 22:04

memeics, thx now i know what i want. Whe i asking about item to produce i thought about saturn complex hub. I thinking about high energy plasma thrower at start in small saturn hub maybye 10 or 5. Last question, can i sell my station? Command "Auction Station" dont work for me

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 22:23

HEPT is OK but not ideal, go for even cheaper weapons (Alpha Particle Canon, Impulse Ray Emitter, etc).

In terms of SCH size I generally wait until I get at least a SCH25 or so, since that would also allow me to use very efficient supporting factories (L sized food and XXL sized solar power plants). The larger the size of the supporting factories is the more profitable your SCH is because of the lower cost of the larger sized factories/solar power plants per produced units. Also, speaking about efficiency, you want to deploy those SCH in a sector with lots of sun intensity, the higher it is the better (fewer solar power plants needed to produce the same amount of power cells).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 22:49

Ok thx for advice

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 22:44

Guys there is any way to sell station? "Auction station" command dont work for me

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 23:15

Action station should work just fine, unless there are any ships docked at it, check your message log. You can sell stations carried by a TL in its cargo hold (they have to be docked to a shipyard that you can trade with).
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 06:03

Ok, docked ships was a problem with selling station

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 07:43

Anyone else have the weird issue with UT ships just vanishing off the property list?

Nothing was mentioned on the message list about it being destroyed or anything of the sort.

... oh wait, there is a button that hides them that I must have hit.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 09:34

There is any mod for ship repair not in shipyard? I use ADS but repairing cerberus hull is very very slowly (i have 40 mechanics), maybye some repair lasers with more power that space suit laser

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 11:44

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

jesus who put that ugly photo there^^?

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 18:34

Ok i stay with ADS repair system, but i want to know that is possible to relocate builded saturn complex hub? There is no tractor beam and plutarch tractor system can relocate only asteroids.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 08:31

You cannot relocate SCH. You will have to dismount it (load all factories into TLs and sell them or reuse them for another SCH). Don't forget to unload all asteroid resources from the SCH or you will permanently erase those from your game. Then when everything is clear you can auction the SCH.

All this is explained in my series as well :D
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 17:11

Maybye it is in your series but like i said i dont have 3h per episode, sorry bro.

How to sell factory from TL?

curlsworth
x4

Post by curlsworth » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 17:53

Szynszyl, if you don't have enough time to take advantage of the learning resources at hand - like that video - maybe you should make time to read through the answers to your questions. Memeics has literally given you this answer above.

Please be respectful of other's time and effort when they give it to you.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 19:20

curlsworth, be cool. Honestly i dont see answer where memeics said how exactly sell factories from TL, i dock TL on shipyard, but shipyard dont buy stations. I like to watch tutorial movies but memeics stream is helpless. I dont want to write this but in first episode after 30mins of watching i know nothing. Maybye in next episodes there are some informations but after first i've been bored. Im not lazy as some of you think, but i like short rich information

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 20:06

When was the last time you read through the LU wiki? Cause it's also already explained in there.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Uncle Benis
x4

Post by Uncle Benis » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 11:44

I remember litcube mentioning a "next update" on multiple occasions, does a time frame for release exist already or are we betting on Duke for now?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 23:21

Hey all :)

I started playing again recently and have been having a blast as usual. However, I have a query if anyone can help...

Very luckily a Skirnir bailed during a fight with some Pirates and I got to it before the salvage crews. It had 200 or so of the Ghoul light - anti-fighter - missile as well as the heavier Shadow missile.

After I'd got it up to spec, equipped and shielded I had a play around with it. I set one Missile Turret to attack capitals and the other to attack fighters. However, it appears to always use its most powerful missile - the Shadow - against all targets. Is there any way to have it behave more sensibly? Most of my heavy missiles got spammed vs Fighters. Sure, they were very effective, but I'd rather the lighter missiles got used first.

Is there some setting / equipment option I'm missing perhaps? I've noticed AI M7M's behave similarly, only launching their lighter missiles once the heavies are gone.

Note: I'm aware I just *just* equip the light missiles, but that's not really the point, I'd like this ship to be multi-role without re-equipping each time.

All advice welcome :)

Scoob.

AdriPL
x3ap

Post by AdriPL » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 01:23

Check MLCC page at Litcube's Universe Wiki. There is feature which perfectly match your needs.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 14:12

AdriPL wrote:Check MLCC page at Litcube's Universe Wiki. There is feature which perfectly match your needs.
Thanks for the tip. I'm sorta a bit too early-game currently, not having an appropriate dock for the Skirnir in order for MLCC to be set up. My query was more asking about a more basic solution, but I guess there isn't one.

Ah well, not to worry, I just need to work up the rep to get an appropriate station :)

Scoob.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”