Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dizzy
x4

Re: HQ Production Complex

Post by dizzy » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 08:29

CassCE wrote: At these numbers, it would be better just to use a vanilla complex to centralize to a single distribution point than to run more SCH's.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, as you all know the search function isn't particularly helpful!
I haven't checked your numbers but it wouldn't be that surprising. SCHs first and foremost are about scale, they make sense when you build large versions of them because they solve all the vanilla problems with large complexes:
- they solve the performance problem (compare the in-sector performance impact between a SCH20 and all the stations needed to power that one, then imagine how that would work with something equivalent to a SCH300...)
- they solve the hassle to connect/deploy a complex manually, it takes 15+ minutes to do that on a small complex, imagine trying to do it on the equivalent of a SCH300
- they solve the huge asteroid requirements problem, how exactly do you connect 30+ asteroids to satisfy the needs of a large complex? many times it's not possible because of the distances between them
- they make buying the stations needed automated (with a TL with Shop for SCH command)

A drawback to the SCH is that they are self-sufficient. This has been pointed in the past but it essentially means that they are not as efficient when their size is small. In general, if you have a <10 total stations complex, probably make it regular complex, since all those problems I listed above aren't a big deal at that size. Once you need to tie together 50+ stations I feel that a SCH is a must. The range between these 2 limits is more of a personal preference.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

CassCE
x3ap

Post by CassCE » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 13:59

Well, I just built the complex with those numbers, so hopefully it's sufficient!

I have another question: what's the point of Freighters? I'm setting up my PHQ as the centralized distribution point, like people seem to recommend, and I realized you can't use Freighters for the HQ in the logistics plan. Say I want to keep 1000 of every weapon I use in stock, then sell any overhead. You can only set one threshold for capacity which freighters won't stock over, and Dock Agents won't sell under. So now I have 1000 MD's sitting in the SCH. So if I turn on overstock for MD's, a freighter will go get them, but now the Dock Agent won't sell them unless I turn it back off after the run is over.

I know of three ways around this:
1. Toggle Overstock manually all the time
2. Keep Freighters for the HQ, and assign Station Agents for each SCH to sell its product once stock gets too high. This kind of defeats the purpose of centralizing logistics, and I believe you lose access to the Dock Agent's unique ability to sell equipment to full Equipment Docks.
3. Abandon the easy use of automated freighters and instead manually configure and manage the supply chain using Couriers, since they will ignore the HQ's capacity max, overfill it, and trigger the DA's to sell overstocked inventory.

I get the feeling I am missing something here.

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 14:01

Thanks for your concern @ memeics! I'll try to explain exactly what I did. Although I got realy realy (...) realy frustrated and deleted the save.
I had that in mine anyway (maby not so early...) as it was my first real gameplay of any X ever so I figured i'd learn the game and then conquer the universe. ;)
memeics wrote: You have to give some more information. [...]
I build a pHQ.
- - Prior to that I build two SCH 12 (one for 1MJ shields, one for Del. Wheat)
- - I'm not using any additional management software on the pHQ, just the Dock Ware Manager itself.
I assigned one TS as a freighter to the pHQ, home-based at pHQ.
- - and assigned at the capacity page Del. Wheat and 1MJ shields (after I stocked one of each to get the entry in the list) but didn't change any default settings. just klicked it to be assigned.
I tough the pHQ two blueprints: the Solano and the Caiman adv.
- - Some smaller ships were docked at my pHQ for recycling, so I did that in order to use the materials to build a fleet of UTs (caiman adv. blueprint).
I assigned the gained materials from recycling but didn't change any other default settings.
- - From the SCH I knew there was a option to allow competitive freighters and/or your own to dock, I couldn't find that option for the pHQ, so I didn't bother.
After about an hour of playing I came back to start the construction of the TS, but all chips, rimes, and almost all other building materials for ships were sold... I checked the wiki for what I did wrong but couldn't find anything. As I said my understanding from reading the wiki was: You set an amount in the capacities page. Below this amount nothing is sold, but used for re-equipping your ships and construction.
memeics wrote: Which ships exactly are trying to sell your goods?
Is it possible that those are your UT ships?
I can't tell because the log says nothing about how the station sold the goods. I didn't look either, my assumption was, the competitive traders bought the wares.
memeics wrote: Unless you configured the dock station (using the "d" menu) to not allow your traders to dock at it or configured the sell price to something very high, then indeed your own traders may try to sell stuff from it, I think.
I didn't find the that option at pHQ. The two other stations did at any point and time exactly how they were supposed to. First I used a station manager to sell the surplus of shields, later I shipped those to the the pHQ.

There was another interesting point. The freighter assigned to the pHQ only got enough wares from my SCH to hit exactly the set amount at pHQ inventory. As of my understanding the set amount was not to sell. So how would it sell wares anyway if it's never stocking over the set not-to-sell mark? That's the point I didn't understand, I think. The amount set at the capacities screen is the maximum amount stored likewise the amount never sold?
In the end the pHQ sold everything, set amount or not. So it didn't matter... :(

EDIT: Pretty funny: roughly 2 minutes before I posted, CassCE posted exactly the same question. At least now I know I'm not more stupid as average. :D
CassCE wrote: [...]You can only set one threshold for capacity which freighters won't stock over, and Dock Agents won't sell under.[...]

My apologies for the humongous amount of 'I' I used in this small piece of text. I'm not very resourceful in syntax :D

CassCE
x3ap

Post by CassCE » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 14:14

It does sound like either race traders or your ST/UT's bought the stock.

If you click your headquarters to bring up the context menu, click Adjust Station Parameters (d), NOT the Dockware Manager. At the very bottom of the list, there's two options:
Station is open to race traders (these are the AI traders)
Station is open to your traders (your automated traders i.e. ST/UT's)

I turn them both to No. You could leave them as Yes, then set the selling price of the items you want to keep to the maximum value, however your Dock and Station Agents use that value also, so even when the item's stock gets above capacity they likely won't be able to sell it.

Edit: You could do like 75% of max value, also. At that level basically all the traders will ignore it, but with a sufficiently high jump range, your DA might be able to find sales. This only works for some items; other items, like Microchips and basically all ship equipment, have a fairly inelastic max price that they can be sold for.

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 15:15

CassCE wrote: [...]If you click your headquarters to bring up the context menu, click Adjust Station Parameters (d), NOT the Dockware Manager[...]
Thanks for that. At least one problem solved!
CassCE wrote: I turn them both to No. You could leave them as Yes, then set the selling price of the items you want to keep to the maximum value, however your Dock and Station Agents use that value also, so even when the item's stock gets above capacity they likely won't be able to sell it. [...]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I know of three ways around this:
1. Toggle Overstock manually all the time
2. Keep Freighters for the HQ, and assign Station Agents for each SCH to sell its product once stock gets too high. This kind of defeats the purpose of centralizing logistics, and I believe you lose access to the Dock Agent's unique ability to sell equipment to full Equipment Docks.
3. Abandon the easy use of automated freighters and instead manually configure and manage the supply chain using Couriers, since they will ignore the HQ's capacity max, overfill it, and trigger the DA's to sell overstocked inventory.
Sound like a workaround but not a solution. As I'm reading about the dock ware manger (i.e. on reddit or other posts here on the forum) it seems the function you (CassCE) and I had in mind never were intended.
I think there simply needs to be another screen where you can configure an additional set of values for each ware registered at pHQ (yes I'm aware of the work that would come with this feature but it would be worth so much).
One for how much are imported from you complexes/SCH AND one for the minimum stock just not sold.

Else the pHQ is not that useful at all - at least to me. As of now, you can store wares and use them for building/equipping but not as a centralized distribution center. Or the other way round: ship every ware you produce for selling to a good spot in the universe, but don't cont on wares to be there for equipping/building your fleet.....

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 15:18

CassCE wrote:Well, I just built the complex with those numbers, so hopefully it's sufficient!
*snip*
Then I'm afraid you might have wasted those credits. Resource ratios have changed in LU, so the X3 wiki-page is incorrect.

Someone did the math, and calculated the ratios based on the player using the SCH 400 for the resource that the PHQ burns through the most of in ship production. The numbers are:

E-cells: SCH size 51
Teladianium: SCH size 400
Cloth Rimes: SCH size 171
Rastar oil: SCH size 172
Ore and silicon: SCH size 244
Crystals: SCH size 75
Quantum Tubes: SCH size 62
Microchips: SCH size 56
Computer components: SCH size 75

The calculations can be found here, and the original post can be found here. Some of these numbers have to be rounded up to the nearest five if you're going with large factories, since one Large factory equals a SCH size five, but other than that it adds up.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

CassCE
x3ap

Post by CassCE » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 15:46

Eh, oh well. It will pay for itself eventually!

Thank you for the accurate numbers.
Dani_Gecko wrote:
I think there simply needs to be another screen where you can configure an additional set of values for each ware registered at pHQ (yes I'm aware of the work that would come with this feature but it would be worth so much).
Really, the easiest thing to do would just be change the DA behavior so they still sell items set as Overstock. That way freighters would fill items over the minimum value (Capacity) and DA's would sell the stock over minimum.

As it is now, the Overstock toggle doesn't seem to accomplish anything that simply setting an arbitrarily high Capacity value couldn't do already.

That or the wiki is wrong.

Or we're missing something. :p

Mahadev
x3tc

help with litcube please

Post by Mahadev » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 12:54

Hello

I would like to play litcube universe.
I can't find the download for the mod.

I did Google and found litcube wiki
There are links but they get me to xtimeline.net and there are no links to download.
All the other links lead me there too. Like soundtrack and so on.

Sorry for being a bother and thanks in advance for any help

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 13:00

[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

hanuland
x4

Solved. invincible small ship!

Post by hanuland » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 16:53

I apologize.

I tried searching this forum. and finally found this.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... start=8430

by Idleking, Posted: Tue, 4. Aug 15, 21:34.

I thank you. Idleking. :)

Mahadev
x3tc

Post by Mahadev » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 23:17

Litcube is working now. Thank you all

Prism

Post by Prism » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 23:28

Are there any plans to make the Yaki more lively? For being an elite group of pirates and such, they have very little territory and millitary. The average pirate sector has many more ships in them and pirates regularly raid sectors and attack the commonwealth races not to mention that there are a lot of pirate sectors all over the universe. They're in the corner of the universe so AI traders never enter their space and I've never see any Yaki ship outside of Yaki territory. Ocracoke's Storm in particular is completely barren and their 'core' sector Weaver's Tempest is usually empty of ships too.

TatudeX

M3 Aldrin Spitfire

Post by TatudeX » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 02:12

No Spitfire in LU? : / If so, what is the fastest M3?
TatudeX

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 02:53

Dani_Gecko wrote:Below this amount nothing is sold, but used for re-equipping your ships and construction.
Incorrect, below that value nothing is sold by your Dock Agents (and no Freighter working for other docks will take goods from your PHQ below the limit). But it has no control over your own UTs and NPC traders I believe. The PHQ is just a dock, if you allow it your own traders and NPC traders will dock and trade with it (but they still have to obey the price of the goods so one way is to just set a very high price for them and of course do not allow Dock Agents to buy those goods because at a high price they have a good chance to find someone to sell it), outside of Dockware Manager settings.

You can verify what is happening by loading an earlier save game before all this was happening and run SETA 10x and see which ships are coming to dock with your PHQ, you will see there if there are your own UTs or NPC ships that dock and buy those goods. There's no magic, if it happens some ship must be docking and buying it.

There was another interesting point. The freighter assigned to the pHQ only got enough wares from my SCH to hit exactly the set amount at pHQ inventory.
That is correct, the Freighter's sole purpose is to fill out the dock it is assigned to with wares up to the set capacity (unless you're overstocking in which case it will get as many as it can, indefinitely). So it makes sense that when it needs to get less than what it needs to fill out the set capacity it will do so.
As of my understanding the set amount was not to sell. So how would it sell wares anyway if it's never stocking over the set not-to-sell mark? That's the point I didn't understand, I think.
No, the limit is the desired capacity you wish to keep in your dock. The Freighters and Dock Agents will obey that. To have some ship stocking your PHQ so that Dock Agents have something to sell you'd have to use a Courier I think. I haven't played LU in some time (currently going through it again but I'm still far from getting the PHQ) so I may be wrong there...
In the end the pHQ sold everything, set amount or not. So it didn't matter... :(
That shouldn't have happened and I'm sure there is a rational explanation for it, probably NPC or your own traders.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dizzy
x4

Re: M3 Aldrin Spitfire

Post by dizzy » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 02:55

TatudeX wrote:No Spitfire in LU? : / If so, what is the fastest M3?
There is Spitfyre in LU but it's not as OP as in the vanilla game. I think it may actually be the fastest M3 if not one of the fastest ones but pretty weak otherwise. Use the Player Console -> Ship compendium to browse the known ships in your game.
[ external image ]

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 03:07

CassCE wrote: Really, the easiest thing to do would just be change the DA behavior so they still sell items set as Overstock. That way freighters would fill items over the minimum value (Capacity) and DA's would sell the stock over minimum.
AFAIK DAs do sell items set on Overstock, as long as the PHQ has them in quantities above the Dockware Manager set capacity. Have you set their price to be low enough so that they can find a deal?

There were actually users earlier (5 pages ago) complaining that they do so and wanted to change the behavior so that they don't sell Overstocked items, I remember checking the code at the time and that there is no checking in the Dock Agent logic for overstocking when deciding to sell a ware.

Some reasons why they might not sell:
- the stock is below the set capacity
- the price is too high, nobody buys them at that price
- the ware class is larger than what the Dock Agent can carry
- don't have enough reputation for the DA to dock at the stations that might buy it
- don't have PP in the sectors with stations that might buy it
[ external image ]

viperfan7
x4

Post by viperfan7 » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 10:11

Asked a question a few pages back, but is here any way to get an XInput (X360, steam controller) working properly with this mod, I'm not able to bind up throttle properly for some reason, don't care abut the presets, jsut want to know if its at all possible to use an xinput controller

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 11:35

viperfan7 wrote:Asked a question a few pages back, but is here any way to get an XInput (X360, steam controller) working properly with this mod, I'm not able to bind up throttle properly for some reason, don't care abut the presets, jsut want to know if its at all possible to use an xinput controller
The code required for it to work doesn't exist in LU at the moment, we may be able to add it in the future but for right now is a No. I'll look into it after my current project completes.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

BlackArchon
xr

Re: M3 Aldrin Spitfire

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 18:32

TatudeX wrote:No Spitfire in LU? : / If so, what is the fastest M3?
The Spitfyre (now a Goner ship) is still in LU and the fastest M3. However, you can't buy it anywhere. The second fastest M3 is the ATF Verdandi, which can be bought.

CassCE
x3ap

Post by CassCE » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 18:59

memeics wrote:
CassCE wrote: Really, the easiest thing to do would just be change the DA behavior so they still sell items set as Overstock. That way freighters would fill items over the minimum value (Capacity) and DA's would sell the stock over minimum.
AFAIK DAs do sell items set on Overstock, as long as the PHQ has them in quantities above the Dockware Manager set capacity.
You're right, they do indeed. I was going off what the wiki says while I was setting everything up, so I was under the impression they did not. I think me fiddling with things, along with the Freighters/DA's being slower and less responsive in general as compared to Lucike's scripts is why I wasn't seeing it at first. Once I left it all alone and did other things for a while I noticed they were selling Overstocked items. None of the options you mentioned applied.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”