[SCR] Ship Browser v1.2 - In Game Ship Comparison Tool [UPDATED: 11/2/2014]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

BlackArchon
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed, 4. Feb 04, 18:37
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 10:15

Thanks for your reply. :)
Have you seen my last edit about the missing ATF ships?

Edit:
It would also nice if I'm able to select "Any" in the class selection - this would be useful if I want to have a complete ship list which could use a certain weapon like gauss cannons, for example.

zanzal
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat, 15. Sep 12, 07:42
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 12:36

Regarding ATF ships I would suppose its because you don't have a known location for an ATF shipyard. In spoiler mode, the fact that you don't know where to purchase the ship isn't a limitation. Regarding the suggestion I cannot suggest a work around at this time. Specifically with Gauss cannons I guess most players should know that it is an M7+ weapon.

I won't rule out the addition to bypass the class filter, but I would need to test the impact of less ideal scenarios like if you had no filters chosen and you selected any ship. Would it crash, lock-up, etc. You probably don't realize that the class filter serves a purpose to limit the number of ships that need to be deeply inspected by only attempting to evaluate ships in a given class at a single query.. At the very least it would take much longer than you would want to examine every ship in the game.

BlackArchon
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed, 4. Feb 04, 18:37
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 15:08

I already bought ATF ships on their shipyards in The Moon (AGI Task Force Headquarters) and ATF Forseti (AGI Task Force Flight School), so I do know their yards.

zanzal
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat, 15. Sep 12, 07:42
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 00:42

I'll look into it. I have a few ideas what might be going wrong but it may be a few days before I can setup an XRM game to go look for it. I think you've given me the info I need to start investigating though. Let me know if you notice anything else missing.

zanzal
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat, 15. Sep 12, 07:42
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 06:05

Thank you for letting me know about those problems BlackArchon. The issues with ATF ships and the German language file should be corrected in the 1.1 release which is available for download now.

For the 1.1 version I also changed the rules a little bit so knowing about the ship was enough to make it show in the ship browser. This brings the behavior of the mod in line with what I think most players would expect.

gilboa
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat, 28. Apr 07, 10:33
x3ap

Post by gilboa » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 09:55

zanzal wrote:Thank you for letting me know about those problems BlackArchon. The issues with ATF ships and the German language file should be corrected in the 1.1 release which is available for download now.

For the 1.1 version I also changed the rules a little bit so knowing about the ship was enough to make it show in the ship browser. This brings the behavior of the mod in line with what I think most players would expect.
Thanks!
I'll test it (X3AP/XRM/Linux) when I get back home.

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 780GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.
OS: Fedora 23/x86_64.

BlackArchon
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed, 4. Feb 04, 18:37
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 18:52

I just tested your version 1.1 and I can see ATF ships now. Thanks! :)

Is there a way to directly open the corresponding encyclopedia entry of the selected ship? I would find this very useful.

gilboa
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat, 28. Apr 07, 10:33
x3ap

Post by gilboa » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 12:33

BlackArchon wrote:I just tested your version 1.1 and I can see ATF ships now. Thanks! :)

Is there a way to directly open the corresponding encyclopedia entry of the selected ship? I would find this very useful.
I second that.

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 780GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.
OS: Fedora 23/x86_64.

zanzal
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat, 15. Sep 12, 07:42
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 21:02

Yes, I third it.. now we just have to convince Egosoft to make it possible. :D AFAIK there isn't currently a way for scripts to open encyclopedia entries.

The next version should have an alternative custom ship details screen that works rather nice.

gilboa
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat, 28. Apr 07, 10:33
x3ap

Post by gilboa » Thu, 30. Oct 14, 22:51

zanzal wrote:Yes, I third it.. now we just have to convince Egosoft to make it possible. :D AFAIK there isn't currently a way for scripts to open encyclopedia entries.

The next version should have an alternative custom ship details screen that works rather nice.
Current version works like a champ.
Will be happy to test the next one :)

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 780GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.
OS: Fedora 23/x86_64.

zanzal
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat, 15. Sep 12, 07:42
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 00:07

The new version is out! It fixes a bug with Transport Classes in Vanilla showing XRM values. Also, it also adds marine count and hull hp values to the comparision screen. But the best part is the new ship information screen. It will make you want to ditch that old encyclopedia screen.

gilboa
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat, 28. Apr 07, 10:33
x3ap

Post by gilboa » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 15:29

zanzal wrote:The new version is out! It fixes a bug with Transport Classes in Vanilla showing XRM values. Also, it also adds marine count and hull hp values to the comparision screen. But the best part is the new ship information screen. It will make you want to ditch that old encyclopedia screen.
Thanks.
I'll do my best to test it tonight. (If I finish work before 23:00 :()

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 780GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.
OS: Fedora 23/x86_64.

Viliae
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue, 12. Apr 11, 22:12
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 15:57

Welcome

I'm using this script from the beginning (Litcube show something similar for his LU at the same time) and it was very useful tool for my little empire 8).
But now this is something what everybody should have, especially if he/she play modified game with many many ships.
Information screen - this is M A S T E R P I E C E, it's working like charm especially when you find\board ship and start planning his armament.

gilboa
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat, 28. Apr 07, 10:33
x3ap

Post by gilboa » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 23:15

Idiotic question: How do I access the information page?
I get the main page al-right, I can sort and navigate, but I cannot "select" the ship in-order to get the additional information.
I tried Enter, space, double-click, nada.

X3AP/Linux w/ XRM.

Thanks,
- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 780GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.
OS: Fedora 23/x86_64.

Viliae
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue, 12. Apr 11, 22:12
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 23:46

Welcome

Stupid question: Have upgrade script and t-file :?:

I've just press enter on ship of my choice.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”