[SCR] [X3AP] Drone Mining and Trading System v1.2.2 [UPDATED 11/08/2014]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 5. Nov 14, 11:01

Ok, going OOS seemed to work but no luck IS yet, no matter but i seemed to have got a far worse issue now

I went OOS and it blew up the nvidium rock, At first it deployed its drones liek normal and started collecting fine, but all of a sudden all the freight drones just started flying further away from the TL. The entire sector had over 100 freight drones just flying into the middle of no were until they basicaly ran out of power and died. First time this has happened since i started using mobile mining and it seems to do it in this sector all the time now

any suggestions?

Edit: THis happened when i went OOS then went IS after the roid was blown up. So far when i stay OOS it seems fine which is weird seeing most of my mining i have done is IS with no problems

Edit 2: Ok, even OOS it has similar issue. Basicaly everything is ok with when the cutting drones are in action along side the freight drones. But once they have done there job and go back the frieght drones stop collecting. I was watching from OOS and they just flew around the TL not collecting. even tried stop mining and recall drones but they never responded. THen i went IS and every drone started flying further away from the TL like before.

I am in Unknown sector 16-18. There is a Pirate base far away in the system with 4 laser towers.

Edit 3: DOH!!!! i think i sorted it haha, My TL has 5 docking slots which include TS docking, unlike before the ship had no ships docked, but this time i docked 5 TS ships for extra cargo space. Should have realised that the freight drones are classed as ships once out of the cargo bay and were unable to dock due to full hanger. So i created and solved a problem lol

Maybe a few tips from my past couple of posts could go on the main page for a bit more information to prevent daft mistakes like this :P

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 07:57

Okay, your suggestion is implemented. There is now a tips section. Feel free to suggest additional advice. No spoilers though. :)

I'll test out the IS roid busting this week. Last I tried it I didn't have too many problems, but maybe something has changed.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 09:52

Cheers, such a great mod which I only found by luck

malyen777
x3tc

Post by malyen777 » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 14:03

Wow.... Only just discovered this mod, but so far it seems amazing! Everything I was looking for to finish off the X3 Experience. Seams to work nicely with AP.... Awesome! Many thanks! :)

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 17:27

Tell ya what, i know this mod plays well with XRM, But i highly recommend playing it with XRM´s advanced universe. Basicaly it makes it so jumping to systems is limited seeing the jump gates cant be locked on with the jumpdrive. Onlyjump beacons which are in certain systems can be used with the jump drive.

So a mobile fleet becomes an essential

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 09:31

I identified a really nasty lock up bug in that got introduced in 1.1.4. If you have 1.1.4 or higher installed then please update to 1.2.2 as soon as possible. My apologies for any lost progress this may have caused anyone.

malyen777
x3tc

Post by malyen777 » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 23:19

Thanks for that. I have not had the problem yet, but I have updated to be safe.

Cheers for the warning.. :)

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 23:55

Lol I'm still using 1.1.2 (didn't notice updates) so updating is just a simple update or need to delete previous version ect?

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sun, 9. Nov 14, 01:20

For the plugin manager:

Updating should be a matter of removing the old package using the plugin manager and close the plugin manager. Then add the new package and close the plugin manager.

For manual install:

If you are not using the plugin manager then there is no uninstall at all. The new files overwrite the old files.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 9. Nov 14, 20:58

Did manual install, seems to work well with the keris drones, now I have several TL ships going round on a mining loop. It's quite impressive

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 10. Nov 14, 05:44

Yeah I'm using it for Ore-powered plexes.. Got a nice missile plex going - just add ore and silicon then missiles come out. Drone Miners automatically taking care of the overflow.

New Tip added: Of the three commands available, Drone Mine and Trade is the most automated. It can perform the function of Collect and Dump at the home base by setting the mineral restocking quotas and a home base.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 11:10

Also energy cell generator is a good mod to have, so your TL's can jump around the galaxy without running out of fuel

malyen777
x3tc

Post by malyen777 » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 14:50

5 Stars, loving this Mod, it is awesome! Keep up the good work. :) Using the latest AP 3.1 and it runs perfectly.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 14:52

The Drone Mine and Trade command will automatically refuel when necessary provided you set an amount under 'Fuel Resupply Quantity (Jumps).' That doesn't mean an E-Cell Generator doesn't help though. It should reduce the amount of pit stops the TL has to make when trading to almost none..

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 15:13

Hi. I use this mod for my new game and i have an issue (had it on the old game too ... But wanted to try on a clean one).

If i simple tell to my TL to mine and wait for further instruction all go well he dock at his homebase and it's fine. but it don't unload the stuff cause i didn't asked him.

The issue is if i use the 2nd command asking him to dumb in homebase, i simply freeze when it dock no mater what i try. I make it dock to my PHQ so yeah it can hold cap ships it have plenty cargo space but at the second it dock, i have to ctrl+alt+del and kill X3. IC or OOS do the same thing.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 19:49

1.14?

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 21:31

Midnightknight wrote:The issue is if i use the 2nd command asking him to dumb in homebase, i simply freeze when it dock no mater what i try. I make it dock to my PHQ so yeah it can hold cap ships it have plenty cargo space but at the second it dock, i have to ctrl+alt+del and kill X3. IC or OOS do the same thing.
Yeah, that was the bug I introduced in 1.1.4, I fixed it in 1.2.2 and so you will want to upgrade ASAP. Sorry about that.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 07:09

I'm in 1.2.0 but will try the 1.2.2 right now.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 16:15

Hi,

Using it for some time now and all works fine except ... My miners never bust roids.

I have a Mamooth and an orca. The mam got a mining laser and some hammer missiles but he always fail in busting roids. Should i be in sector for it to work ..?

Or is it maybe to get a command on M7M to bust all at a time so i don't have to go check how it is doing and bust them manualy?

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 19:53

OOS works fine, just IS is usually the problem. Also max yield it will blow up is 19. So if it's higher just DIY

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”