[SCRIPT] [X3AP] X-Achievements - [01/01/2014]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 16:11

If it works for you (it doesn't seem to for some people, and I don't know why), then it will work for Litcube's Universe. I'm playing LU myself and had no problem with this script.

If it doesn't work, don't try to export/import, it won't work better.

sebbi08
x4

Post by sebbi08 » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 16:22

nono it works fine but waht if i have to IE when lit is making an update are the Achievements saved or are they lost

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 16:26

sebbi08 wrote:nono it works fine but waht if i have to IE when lit is making an update are the Achievements saved or are they lost
Ah yes, a good point. All achievements will be lost. That's the point of the export/import : to erase everything that a third party script could have done wrong.

sebbi08
x4

Post by sebbi08 » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 16:40

ah ok know i understand ur point^^ btw thx for the gradte mod(s)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 16:42

You're welcome ! :)

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 09:46

Hi there Joubarbe. I am also having troubles while trying to get your script to work, which is really a shame since it sounds quite interesting.
Enabling X-Achievements from Gameplay -> Artificial Life results in a total game hang, no matter what I do. I have tried the following, in order:

1) Launching the game as usual from the X Plugin Manager with a couple other things installed (see below), loading the savegame I was already playing (most plots completed, several hundred million credits, PHQ established, etc). I receive a message awarding me the "Captain of Industry" achievement (even though I'm far from X trading rank), and then the game goes "unresponsive" and I have to forcibly shut it down.

2) Trying a fresh new game, "Custom Game" gamestart. The game simply hangs right after the "X-Achievements has registered a hotkey" message.

3) Disabling every other package except the essential libraries that are already included in the XPM, making a new game as in (2): hang.

4) Uninstalling X-Achievements from XPM, then installing it manually (as indicated in the OP installation instructions), enabling in fresh new game. Hang.

5) Running the game directly from Steam instead of XPM (having already installed X-Achievements manually), enabling in fresh new game. Hang.

6) Downloading your v3_Repack archive and overwriting everything, same results, though it seemed to take a couple seconds more before hanging.

Short of a time-consuming, complete reinstall of the entire game, I'm at my wits' end. I'd still like to make it work though (especially seeing that some people don't have any issues while others do), so I remain at your disposal in case you want me to test anything on my end.

Info you might want:
  • Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit
    Albion Prelude v3.1, Steam version
    X-Universe Plugin Manager Lite v1.47
Extra packages I use:
  • Bonus Pack (complete, even though I don't use most features)
    Advanced Jumpdrive (Cycrow, v1.20)
    Ship Hijacker (Nividium, v1.1)
    X3 AP Universe Colored Map (Qwizzie, v3.1)
    Cheat Collection Package AP (Cycrow, v1.62)
    EDIT: and Gate Effect Pack (Zeron-mk7, v2.0) installed as false patch.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 09:56

"Captain of Industry : Achieve trade rank X." X is not the X-Treme rank, it's a random number between 15 and 25 if I remember correctly.

I'm gonna upload a special version of X-Achievements. It's going to test each event one by one and display a subtitle for each of them (and 3 seconds of waiting between). This way, you'll give me the last number you see and hopefully I'll be able to isolate the buggy achievement.

Thank you for your detailed post.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 16:25

Ok please download this file then extract to your addon\scripts folder (overwrite both files).

You should have a subtitle for each achievement checked, and a waiting time of 3 seconds between each of them.

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 00:28

That didn't work as expected either. The debug version just shows the "X-Achievements has registered a hotkey" message and absolutely nothing else, but this time it doesn't hang the game.
On the flip side, with this version I can set the hotkey, open the menu, and check the requirements for each achievement without any issues.
I left it running for a few minutes in case it was still checking stuff in the background, but nothing else happened.

For further testing, I re-installed the entire X3AP from Steam, moving all savegames and profiles to a backup folder. I didn't install anything else but X-Achievements: no bonus pack, no XPM, and I extracted everything manually. I got the exact same results: the released and repacked versions hang my game, the debug version works as described earlier.
At the very least I think we can now be sure it's not a compatibility issue with another package.

EDIT: Oh, and forgive my humour, but whatever things you disabled in the debug version, the problem was probably among them :P (I'm no mod-maker though, so just joking)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 00:44

Thanks for all your tests. No need to reinstall AP :)

I'm stupid, I put 600 seconds before the events check (I thought there was a check before).

https://www.mediafire.com/?zh46rh1pgleynt1

That should work this time :)

Don't bother trying to do anything else with your game folder, it's coming from the script.

Of course you need to have X-Achievements installed before overwriting with these two files. (download it again from the main link if needed)

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 01:45

Now it's debugging almost as intended. The messages keep popping up one on top of the other though, so it gets difficult to read as it keeps checking.
It's no big issue though, since I quickly set a hotkey, opened the x-achievements panel and noticed it checks in order: the last one I see flashing by is x-plorer, which comes right before Far Away. Sometimes I don't see it, but the timing seems to indicate the game hangs right when the Far Away check message should pop up.
Checking the requirement for that one achievement, it seems to always call for "Discover the following sector: Unknown Object". Maybe it's related to the issue at hand.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 09:20

Ok, then let's try this : https://www.mediafire.com/?kh2qevx2piafyhz
Please install X-Achievements back to normal, then overwrite with this file...

X-Plorer has been deactivated and there's a subtitle after the Far Away check. I see no major problems with both these events however...

I should make a "Reloaded" version of this script as well, the code is awful and things could be more fun. I don't really have the time though.

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 11:00

Removed all relevant files, re-installed, and replaced with the new file; it's back to showing only the hotkey registered message before the hang.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 11:15

https://www.mediafire.com/?kh2qevx2piafyhz

Last test, then I give up :)
This time I deactivated X-Plorer and Far Away.

Just overwrite.

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 12:04

That did it, kinda. The hang right after enabling XA in a fresh new game is gone.

The old hang (seconds after receiving the reward for captain of industry) when enabling it in an old save is still present, though I don't know if it's due to the modified file; just in case, I tried spawning a few things in a fresh new game to complete an achievement, like credits for Filthy Rich and a Chokaro for one of the ship ones, and both resulted in hangs before the message could be delivered.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 12:11

Well, thank you for all your efforts ! Unfortunately, I cannot solve this bug without reproducing it myself.

Just to be sure, you did not change anything in the t file ?
And you play with AP, no mods ?

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 23:41

Don't worry, I understand there's not much you can reasonably do in this situation. I think most people would have stopped at "can't reproduce", so thank you too for your efforts.

I didn't change anything in the t file, I think it'd have beat the purpose of testing your fixes, and I don't know anything about actually modding the X games myself anyway, just about installing the work of others. And it's AP indeed, v3.1 as downloaded from Steam.

As for mods, I'll assume you refer to any kind of extra addons/plugins/scripts/etc... the terminology used in this community confuses me a bit, since a "mod" is apparently a specific kind of installation method different from copying scripts, fake patching...
I tried with and without any mods every time, including a few complete reinstalls from Steam because even just a dozen mods can get really messy (and I used to put a hundred mods on the TES games...)
In all cases, fresh vanilla and modified, I got the exact same results, so I don't believe it's an incompatibility issue.

Anyway, now I'm trying out your XMR and it's superb. It's the first mod that makes me think "this is how Egosoft should have done it in the first place": it fits, it works, it's entertaining, it has lasting effects and it takes all the annoying things of the original mission director away, so five stars for that one.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 18. Jul 14, 00:04

The terminology here is simple. A mod is something that really "modifies" the game. It takes an element, like a ship, and overwrite with another one. Considering that most of the original data is in those .dat/.cat files, modders need to extract them, then players need to install the modification as a fake patch to be easily removable (the last .cat being read in top priority).

A script does not overwrite anything, and most of the time, is safe.

There are many things Egosoft should have done in the first place, but I'm glad you enjoy XMR :)

As for achievements, maybe I'll include them in XMR... They could give tokens as reward, used to increase station's reputations. Don't know, we'll see !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”