[SCR][MD][TC][AP] LIFE-V0.95b (update: 06-May-2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:22

PDouma39 wrote:Had to use 'quote' to make a reply, I did what you told me and re-initialised all off LIFE's global variables and continued my game, after aprox. 40 minutes my game freezes again.
I've done some patrol-missions everything looked good, but after wiping out two yaki m4's I saved an argon civilian vessel and commed them, got some kind of reward, like their entire inheritence 1000 credits, right after that my game freezes.

I will now start a new game and see how that goes.
I played for 3 hours in an old save with XRM and cheat mods and no crashes and then I played a new game for a couple of hours with no mods except LIFE and once again no crashes.

That said I did find something that may cause issues in the MD code, I've uploaded a new version with a change for that potential issue plus a couple of other notoriety and race fixes, (0.63a).

If you get a chance I'd it'd be great if you could try and make X3 hang again; if X3 does hang, I'd love to know exactly what mods you are using and even better if I could get my hands on the actual save file that causes the hang.

Cheers.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 15:52

Strange, must be my save-file, well I did also start a new game and so far no crashes, but then again so far I have had no civilian or other ships who needed my help, will cheat my rep later on etc to see if things change.

For now I will download your new update and restart my old game in which my game freezes after I got some sort of reward after helping out some npc.

I use a lot of mods and scripts:

- abandoned ship spawner for AP
- adding Yaki Equipment Dock in Weaverst Tempest (changed that in game to another sector and have also duplicated this mod/script and changed it to an Teladi Eq dock in Ceo's Sprite
- Advanced Fight Scripts
- Anarkis Defense System (for Pirate Guild & Yaki Armada
- Assault Mission (to put in directory 'director', this way some m6/7/8 and other big ships will sometimes give you attack missions. also the impossible ones)
- DCS DroneCarrierSoftware
- DCS DroneCarrierSoftware v2.03
- Galaxy Explorer
- LIFE (offcourse in this case)
- Marine Repairs
- MarkingUnknownSectors v1.1
- Menagerie Shipyard v1.2
- MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp v2.16
- Organic Boron Hulls
- Phanon Corporation
- Pirate Guild
- ReleasePassengers v1.0
- Return of the Kha'ak
- Smart Turrets (latest version)
- TC plots for AP 3.0
- Terran Revitalization Project (and in this case only TRP Project Bifrost v1.1)
- The Marauder Shipyard
- Equipment Research and Development
- Bounce
- X-Tra Shippack v2.01 by Cadius
- Yaki Armada
- Yalamandis Shipyard v0.71(Bullwinkle edit)
- Rankings for Pirate Yaki
- Crystal Free Solar Power Plants
- Rescue Princess
- Lucikes OTAS Outpost (OTAS Aussenposten X3TC X3AP V3204)
- Lucikes jumpbeacons (Sprungboje X3TC V3108(works great in AP)

But some are just scripts and missions, but this is all of them, as far as I can see.
And now I will try out your new update, thanx.

edit: I have Yaki Armada, Pirate Guild, Phanon Corporation and Equipment Research and Development not enabled in my game at the moment will test that tomorrow, for now(with the latest LIFE-update) after rescuing some npc I got the reward and no crash so far.
I will keep you posted.
Last edited by PDouma39 on Sun, 15. Dec 13, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 09:54

I tested some more mods and came to the following conclusion in my game, someone else might also test this.

Phanon Corporation: not quite compatible, somehow when enabling this mod the LIFE-news agents disappear from the stations or are not visible, I guess this mod uses something the same as your mod, but then again I am no expert in that field, I leave that to the modders. But then again the shortcut-key to the GNS does work so that still is functional, just the agents disappear while using this mod. I did notice that a coloured name newsagent in Blackhole Sun was available but had no LIFE-comm-options.

Return of the Kha'ak: after enabling this mod, LIFE works as usual, so is compatible

Pirate Guild/Yaki Armada: compatible, after enabling both and ADS, LIFE seems to function as usual, ECS works too on pirate bases and the pirate command ship, also ECS works on MBBR even if these two mods are enabled.

Well so far no crashes, will keep you posted if I come across anything strange, oh yes, I did notice a double newsagent in Blackhole Sun, one with coloured name (I commed them but no extra comm-options regarding LIFE, and one uncoloured name newsagent who had all the comm-options regarding LIFE.

edit: Equipment Research and Development are allready enabled in my game, regarding my earlier post, it is a script so therefore enabled and compatible.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 11:05

by the sounds of things LIFE appears to be XRM compatible?

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 13:39

PDouma39 wrote:I tested some more mods and came to the following conclusion in my game, someone else might also test this.

Phanon Corporation: not quite compatible, somehow when enabling this mod the LIFE-news agents disappear from the stations or are not visible, I guess this mod uses something the same as your mod, but then again I am no expert in that field, I leave that to the modders. But then again the shortcut-key to the GNS does work so that still is functional, just the agents disappear while using this mod. I did notice that a coloured name newsagent in Blackhole Sun was available but had no LIFE-comm-options.

Return of the Kha'ak: after enabling this mod, LIFE works as usual, so is compatible

Pirate Guild/Yaki Armada: compatible, after enabling both and ADS, LIFE seems to function as usual, ECS works too on pirate bases and the pirate command ship, also ECS works on MBBR even if these two mods are enabled.

Well so far no crashes, will keep you posted if I come across anything strange, oh yes, I did notice a double newsagent in Blackhole Sun, one with coloured name (I commed them but no extra comm-options regarding LIFE, and one uncoloured name newsagent who had all the comm-options regarding LIFE.

edit: Equipment Research and Development are allready enabled in my game, regarding my earlier post, it is a script so therefore enabled and compatible.
Thanks for all the work with the MOD compatibility testing, you've really save me a tonne of time. I might have to inject your name into LIFE as a mark of respect now I think.

That's great about no more hangs, my XRM game is up to 9 hours played and the vanilla at 5 hours, so it's looking good so far.

The double News representative is because you've iterated through multiple version of LIFE and there's just some old data hanging around from previous versions. If it's a real bother you can cheat script destroy that station and then re-spawn another in it's place, that will cause a new News representative to spawn.

firestorm79 wrote:by the sounds of things LIFE appears to be XRM compatible?
I've had no problems with XRM compatibility so far, keeping that in mind LIFE is still in alpha so caveat emptor.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 14:13

You don't have to mention my name in your mod, it's your hard work that made this, I am just a guy who likes to help around on the background so to speak, and it's no bother for me to test some mods out in my game as I like to figure out things in the game to make it more interesting.

Ah the double agent isn't disturbing to me, let him be happy on that station:).

A rather comic situation I just saw was after a Paranid Zeus destroyed a Yaki TL, right after the explosion the Zeus was moved to the other side of the sector due to the blast of the explosion, no damage to the Zeus though.

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 14:35

PDouma39 wrote:You don't have to mention my name in your mod, it's your hard work that made this, I am just a guy who likes to help around on the background so to speak, and it's no bother for me to test some mods out in my game as I like to figure out things in the game to make it more interesting.

Ah the double agent isn't disturbing to me, let him be happy on that station:).

A rather comic situation I just saw was after a Paranid Zeus destroyed a Yaki TL, right after the explosion the Zeus was moved to the other side of the sector due to the blast of the explosion, no damage to the Zeus though.
lol he shouldn't have moved that far, but I have to admit I have seen that once or twice; I just haven't been bothered to fix it yet. I'll add it to the TODO list.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:22

Question: I also use Claim Unknown Sectors in my game, and regarding to that I have recently claimed the Hub-sector and after that when ever I am in that sector in one of my stations (I have offcourse the Hub, and also an EQ-dock and Militairy Outpost) there is shown a lightbulb and when I comm that a <unknown Text Id> (or something) is shown.

Which I guess must be LIFE trying to place a newsagent as me seeing as a Race of its own. Which I kinda of am ingame thanx to the Claim Unknown Sector mod/script. It's not bothering me, but just something I noticed, would be kinda cool having my own newsagent:).

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 04:29

PDouma39 wrote:Question: I also use Claim Unknown Sectors in my game, and regarding to that I have recently claimed the Hub-sector and after that when ever I am in that sector in one of my stations (I have offcourse the Hub, and also an EQ-dock and Militairy Outpost) there is shown a lightbulb and when I comm that a <unknown Text Id> (or something) is shown.

Which I guess must be LIFE trying to place a newsagent as me seeing as a Race of its own. Which I kinda of am ingame thanx to the Claim Unknown Sector mod/script. It's not bothering me, but just something I noticed, would be kinda cool having my own newsagent:).
This should be functioning correctly now.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 14:24

I've installed this with AP XRM and I'm seeing something called "Player LIFE MD queue: nothing to see here" in my ship list. Is this normal? I'm using version 0.65a. Also, I've got the Battlestar Galatica mod on another installation and this doesn't seem to work at all - no message, pilot chat, or hotkey options. I did follow the installation instructions carefully btw.

One thing I've noticed is that I was able to raise my Terran rep by giving only 1000 credits - shouldn't this figure be much higher (at least a million!)?

Whingeing aside, the universe seems much more alive with this - the ai ships now feel like they have actual pilots in them!

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:12

Pierre'70 wrote:I've installed this with AP XRM and I'm seeing something called "Player LIFE MD queue: nothing to see here" in my ship list. Is this normal? I'm using version 0.65a. Also, I've got the Battlestar Galatica mod on another installation and this doesn't seem to work at all - no message, pilot chat, or hotkey options. I did follow the installation instructions carefully btw.

One thing I've noticed is that I was able to raise my Terran rep by giving only 1000 credits - shouldn't this figure be much higher (at least a million!)?

Whingeing aside, the universe seems much more alive with this - the ai ships now feel like they have actual pilots in them!
The LIFE MD queues are ships for each race, (including the player), that allow me to send universe wide attacked ship information to the MD from the MSCI. These ships are hidden, invincible, non-capturable, non-known, non-highlighted and placed in remote locations in sector 0,0.

You shouldn't be able to see the player version in your property list and even if you can it won't affect the running of LIFE in any way. Given that, I'll find out why you can see it and make it invisible again; I can't have my smoke and mirrors tricks revealed to the general public!

Obviously WRT BSG there is some major incompatibility. I'm downloading it now, once it's finished I'll install it and update this thread with my findings.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:34

Thanks for the quick reply Shush!

Regarding paying for rep, it does seem odd that the newsagent was charging 1,000 credits to boost my rep but 10,000 to just tell me what my rep was. Shouldn't these figures at least be the other way round?

EDIT: my MD queue ship was actually located in Kingdom End. I'm using TC Plots for XRM - this changes a few sectors. Could this be related?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 15:59

Pierre'70 wrote: EDIT: my MD queue ship was actually located in Kingdom End. I'm using TC Plots for XRM - this changes a few sectors. Could this be related?
Kingdom End is indeed sector 0,0. Both in vanilla and in any mod like XRM or the TC plots port.

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 16:09

Pierre'70 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Shush!

Regarding paying for rep, it does seem odd that the newsagent was charging 1,000 credits to boost my rep but 10,000 to just tell me what my rep was. Shouldn't these figures at least be the other way round?

EDIT: my MD queue ship was actually located in Kingdom End. I'm using TC Plots for XRM - this changes a few sectors. Could this be related?
The notoriety/reputation comms options are just tests for this alpha version, they won't stay like that. You'll notice if you get to a pirate/yaki station that there is a hack any station option that currently does nothing as well.

I'll install TC plots for XRM, I can't get my MD queue ship to show up in my property list in the current games I am testing with, (XRM and vanilla).

WRT to BSG, it's not looking good so far, LIFE needs friendly sectors and the known races to function. Without knowing anything at all about BSG, so far it looks like it's using the other1 and/or other2 races for some of it's functionality. If that is the case, with there being no voice samples for those races the emergency broadcast channel will be a wash. Also if in the BSG universe you spend the majority of your time in enemy sectors without friendly stations then LIFE's news functionality will be useless as well; I'll keep experimenting.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 16:47

Thanx for the great work, the personal news agent works like a charm, me own personal news agent, great. Like an early Christmas present, totally into the spirit right now:).

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 00:55

Pierre'70 wrote:I've installed this with AP XRM and I'm seeing something called "Player LIFE MD queue: nothing to see here" in my ship list. Is this normal? I'm using version 0.65a. Also, I've got the Battlestar Galatica mod on another installation and this doesn't seem to work at all - no message, pilot chat, or hotkey options. I did follow the installation instructions carefully btw.
I haven't been able to reproduce your sighting of my supposed hidden LIFE MD queue ships, if you get a chance could you try 0.66a. I added a couple of small changes that may solve your problem. If you install 0.66a over an older version of LIFE, you'll need to either start a new game or have LIFE re-build it's globals, (which you can do in the LIFE config/system menu).

I played with BSG fairly extensively over a 3 hour period using Cycrow's cheat scripts and once I found myself in friendly sectors everything in LIFE seemingly worked perfectly. The only issue was that Colonial Vipers/military craft and other BSG vessels are running around without pilots, which is what was causing LIFE to get a bunch of read-text errors. I've added no pilot checks into the appropriate places and that seems to have done the trick.

As to why you couldn't get LIFE and BSG to function at all, I'm not sure, I didn't have any issues at all. If you're keen, maybe try re-installing LIFE from scratch and see how you go?

PDouma39 wrote:Thanx for the great work, the personal news agent works like a charm, me own personal news agent, great. Like an early Christmas present, totally into the spirit right now:).
:)

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 11:58

Thanks for your continuing support on this Shush, I feel like I'm hogging your attention with my daft problems! Unfortunately I installed the new version and even after updating the globals I've still got the phantom ship. It's there if I start a new game too.

The mods I have installed are:

XRM
TC Plots for AP (with XRM compatability patch - needed to merge the conversations.xml for this)
Pirate Guild
Yaki Armade
NPC Bailing
Salvage Commands and NPCs
Salvage Command Suite
Advanced Fight Scripts
OK Traders
Smart Turrets
Galaxy Explorer
Ship Killed Notifications
Drone Carrier Software 2
Marine Repairs and Training
CSECG
Universal Best Buys/Sells
Community Configuration Menu
Sector Take Over (STO)
Pure X Hud

I think that's all. I don't use the Plugin Manager because I understand Ware Manager causes some problems with mods so I extract the spk. files and install them manually where necessary.

I think I may do a complete reinstall to be honest. Also for BSG which, although my save works fine, will not let me start a new game. Something for their thread perhaps.

Thanks for your patience!

Edit: Forgot STO

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 08:04

Pierre'70 wrote:Thanks for your continuing support on this Shush, I feel like I'm hogging your attention with my daft problems! Unfortunately I installed the new version and even after updating the globals I've still got the phantom ship. It's there if I start a new game too.
No worries at all; the more feedback I get, the more motivated I'll be to fix issues and add new features :)

The phantom ship is gone, (I search for it and destroy it in saved games as well), and it's red headed step brother the MDCOMMS.PLAYER.QUEUE custom wing has been given the boot too.

Pierre'70 wrote:I think that's all. I don't use the Plugin Manager because I understand Ware Manager causes some problems with mods so I extract the spk. files and install them manually where necessary.
I have a .zip file for the scripts if you're installing manually, it may be a little easier than using the .spk

Pierre'70 wrote:I think I may do a complete reinstall to be honest. Also for BSG which, although my save works fine, will not let me start a new game. Something for their thread perhaps.
I didn't have any drama's at all with BSG once I added some fixes for ships with no pilots, but I have since found out that the BSG developers are using the other1 and other2 races for the Colonials and the Cylons. This means that sooner or later LIFE will start functioning erratically or more likely just stop functioning if BSG allows notoriety to change with those two races.

I'm not going to worry too much about it now unless I receive serious requests to make LIFE function with BSG.

With the new version, (0.68a), of LIFE you shouldn't have to start a new game, just use the initialise globals function and then save your game to a new slot, (just in case as LIFE is still in alpha), and you should be right to go.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 11:08

Hello Shush, something I noticed (might be my game though or that I missed something) after installing your latest update, after destroying some xenon in Grand Exchange I helped out a Teladi science ship, did not comm them before I destroyed the Xenon ship though, but there was the light-bulb icon and I tried to comm them but the LIFE-conversation was not there just the normal comm-options (where is the shipyard etc.).
In another sector, I destroyed a pirate ship and thereby helping out a split escort ship, same light-bulb, tried to comm them, but only the vanilla comm options were there.
Again it might be something inside my game or that I should have talked to the race-ships before I attacked their enemy's, but I did change and added the conversations from your update before to my game and yesterday everything worked okay, will check more later on.

edit: I did however after installing the latest update initialized the globals and the settings of LIFE, saved my game and then reloaded, and then played on and experienced the above findings.

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 11:19

PDouma39 wrote: In another sector, I destroyed a pirate ship and thereby helping out a split escort ship, same light-bulb, tried to comm them, but only the vanilla comm options were there.
Again it might be something inside my game or that I should have talked to the race-ships before I attacked their enemy's, but I did change and added the conversations from your update before to my game and yesterday everything worked okay, will check more later on.

edit: I did however after installing the latest update initialized the globals and the settings of LIFE, saved my game and then reloaded, and then played on and experienced the above findings.
I've seen this a couple of times as well, it's yet another bug in some of the dynamic mission stepping code /sigh.

I'll track it down and release a fix ASAP.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”