[MOD]Battlestar Galactica X3ap[14/11/13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Wed, 17. Dec 14, 00:19

skywalker3000 wrote:Do i need the old Text files from older version ?

In the 3.1.10 are only the 0010-L0xx. files. no other textfiles in T folder

I get Readtext errors in german version.
Hi there

No you don't

That's why I told in the release note that is advisable to install it over a brand new and clean X3 AP install.

There's Text files, scripts, mission director files and many more files that are needed to be deleted so a clean install is a must do... Sorry.

Cheers
X3AP BSG Team
Latest version of BSG Mod ver 3.1a.1
Release Date 2016-09-11

Google Drive- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7B94x ... sp=sharing

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Wed, 17. Dec 14, 12:50

@skywalker3000
If you have a german version, then yes, you'll have readtexts. We don't have a german translation yet for our projects. You just need to copy all mod's language files in separate folder, than you need to find out which number is used for german language which is 049 ( for example english is 044 and russian is 007). Rename language files from xxxx-L044 to xxxx-L049, than open them with a notepad (or whatever you want, which is able to open .xml file) and find the second line "<language id="44">", change 44 to 49. Save language files and place them into addon/t folder.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 17. Dec 14, 12:59

...... more? pls more?

I can't wait to see this released. How will the learning curve be for someone how has never played your mod before?
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Wed, 17. Dec 14, 14:32

@kaistern
What do you mean by "can't wait to see this released"? It is released already, all download links can be found at JCC's post or on our website =)

And there will be much more, but not soon i'm afraid as we're working on an ambitious project in BSG universe called "Terra Incognita".

We're going to reveal some info on the project this Sunday on our website =)

UPD: oh, yes, about learning. Well, if you're familiar with X3AP itself, there will be no difficulty in learning on how to play the mod)

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Thu, 18. Dec 14, 19:43

Has the custom HUD been removed or have I installed the mod incorrectly?

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 03:11

Pierre'70 wrote:Has the custom HUD been removed or have I installed the mod incorrectly?
Hi

If you are meaning the radar, the menus in red and the costom ícons in ships and stations.
Yes. The costom Hud has been removed since ver.3.1.8.
The reason why I did it was because I felt people were used to the original lay out from the game and that lay out was't to friendly.

Cheer

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Release Date 2016-09-11

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 12:18

Thanks for clearing that up - I'll use Pure X Hud. A gameplay question - I'm unable to dock the Dark Viper with the Gemenon Traveller despite the docking option being available. Is this a glitch my end?

Edit - The Dark Viper docked with the Gemenon Traveler when I transported to the G.T., though it wouldn't do it when I piloted the Dark Viper.

Azixus
x3tc

Post by Azixus » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 16:18

I would like to change the wares back to their original sizes. Can I do this with the X3 Editor 2 and do so without breaking the MOD? If so, where do I find the files for the wares?

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 16:36

Azixus wrote:I would like to change the wares back to their original sizes. Can I do this with the X3 Editor 2 and do so without breaking the MOD? If so, where do I find the files for the wares?
Yes you can do it with the x editor 2 and yhe file are on folder types
and the files:
TweareB
TweareE
TweareF
TweareM
TweareN
TweareT
Tships
Tshields
Tlaser

I believe that's all

But you'll break the mod's fun, not the mod itself but the fun.

Cheers

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Release Date 2016-09-11

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 16:45

Pierre'70 wrote:Thanks for clearing that up - I'll use Pure X Hud. A gameplay question - I'm unable to dock the Dark Viper with the Gemenon Traveller despite the docking option being available. Is this a glitch my end?

Edit - The Dark Viper docked with the Gemenon Traveler when I transported to the G.T., though it wouldn't do it when I piloted the Dark Viper.
Some times due to the position the ship is relating to the Dock target ship it just stops and don't dock, if you change position and try again to auto dock it should work.

Other way is to go to the orders menu of the ship you whant to dock to and Request Landing permition, is Option number 9 then close the orders menu and fly manualy to the Green spot that apears on the target ship.
This way never fails is manualy not auto.

Cheers

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Release Date 2016-09-11

Azixus
x3tc

Post by Azixus » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 21:12

I have just found Scorpion Lost Colony and I have an issue:
Spoiler
Show
Docking at the military base and perimeter defense station causes the game to freeze. I have to exit the game with Ctrl-Alt-Delete and force the game to quit with windows task manager. I can dock with the shipyard with no problems.
I had the same problem when docking with the perimeter defense station while using version 3.1.9, but it only happened the first time I tried to dock. I reloaded the save and never had that problem again. This time the problem keeps happening.

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 23:54

Azixus wrote:I have just found Scorpion Lost Colony and I have an issue:
With what ship is that Hapening?

Is the Acinonix Raptor?
Because this ship is the only one, ATM , that can cause that Issue due to the Poly count to high. So my advise is Not dock your self with that ship, make it dock via command.
The other ships should drop a bit the fps in those stations but not freeze the game. Or . Is your pc from the stone age? :lol:

Cheers

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Release Date 2016-09-11

Azixus
x3tc

Post by Azixus » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 00:24

jccpsc wrote:
Azixus wrote:I have just found Scorpion Lost Colony and I have an issue:
With what ship is that Hapening?

Is the Acinonix Raptor?
Because this ship is the only one, ATM , that can cause that Issue due to the Poly count to high. So my advise is Not dock your self with that ship, make it dock via command.
The other ships should drop a bit the fps in those stations but not freeze the game. Or . Is your pc from the stone age? :lol:

Cheers

JCC
I have tried to dock while in an Argon Discoverer, Pirate Nova Raider, and Terran Katana. The Nova and Katana can dock with the Perimeter Defense Station with no problems, though the Discoverer causes the game to freeze. Docking at the other station freezes the game no mater what ship I am in.

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 19:50

Has enyone found the new sectors yet and if so are they found as mission rewads like the player sector north of Void of opertunity 12-4 i think or just by exploring? if someone knows then could you do a spoler or something.

I did what i thought was a clean install but after loading game mod 3.1.10 i get 3.1.6 at game start so im testing to see if its the 3.1.10 map and not 3.1.6 map although the hud is blue and i have the ships for new version.

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 22:49

TerranJupiter wrote:Has enyone found the new sectors yet and if so are they found as mission rewads like the player sector north of Void of opertunity 12-4 i think or just by exploring? if someone knows then could you do a spoler or something.

I did what i thought was a clean install but after loading game mod 3.1.10 i get 3.1.6 at game start so im testing to see if its the 3.1.10 map and not 3.1.6 map although the hud is blue and i have the ships for new version.
Hi
Have you read the game change log?
In there, somewhere, I say to explore well the player sector when you get it, because you may have a weard surprise.

Regarding the 3.1.6 ver.
Which language are you playing in order for me to test it and see what is hapening.

Cheers

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Release Date 2016-09-11

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 05:52

Ok cool i will stop my pointless search of Aldrin then and get the Corperation missions started once my noterioty with Paranid is up.

skywalker3000
x3tc

Post by skywalker3000 » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 12:45

Hi, great Mod, but without XRM compatible Version, its boring, the universe is too empty .

And Mainproblem is the Colonial Ships are overpowerd (Weapons)

I fly the Assault Raptor and you can Destroy EVERY Ship from the X-Universe with the Missiles in a few seconds. And with only 2 mainguns you can destroy a fighter in a blink of a eye.

Sorry for the critics.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 14:39

@ skywalker3000: The beauty of this type of sandbox game is that it caters for many different playstyles and desired speeds of progress in-game. Nothing in the base BSG mod forces you to fly the Assault Raptor for example and you can always under-equip your ships ...
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 15:08

@skywalker3000
Yep, you may be right about that, the original universe may be empty, but you can always fill it with different script/AL plugins (such as Phanon Corp, Yaki Armada or Pirate Guild 3, for example). Also, right, it's really hard to balance between X3 specs/mechanics and what we'd like to see in BSG ships. That makes them a little bit overpowered, but yeah, as Alan said, you can always balance it on your own bu using less guns/different ships/not using some equipment etc...

We may consider making XSP pack of BSG ships sometime in the future for people to be able to install them on their own/integrate to other mods )Such as XRM) and so on. But atm we're really busy on the Terra Incognita development, so no promises.

MilesRS
x4

The fleets weekly

Post by MilesRS » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 17:00

Hello again pilots,

I am excited to introduce to you a new little 'Project' of ours. A Magazine that will come out every week with various information and updates on current and up and coming projects and changes! We hope you enjoy it and please do leave a comment if you have time, we like hearing from you!

You can access it via: http://x-battlestar.com/forum/105-the-fleets-weekly/
---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
---- X3ap BSG: Terra Incognita mod (in development)----
Latest update: 31/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S3YB ... ef=2&pli=1
OR
https://goo.gl/TH215l

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”