[AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:18

Question: Do they eat up mineral resources? I'm a miser for asteroids as destroyed mines are gone forever.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:20

They do not, nor build mines.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:23

Excellent. What about other stations? Mines are the only bottleneck I'm concerned with. ;)
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:26

Yes, as per original post.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:29

I'm sorry Litcube, should have read that more carefully.

Well. This is a definite must-have and Bonus Pack material (optional download) if it passes the attempts of thousands to break it. ;) I tip my... Well I'm not wearing one... I salute you sir!

I tend to move very, very fast. I have a reason to now thanks to you! Another query, is there an option to restart the script once you run out of enemy corporations to hassle?

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:31

mr.WHO wrote:
the US next to mists of elysium is MY headquarter sector.
Awww bad for you, very bad (either you will wipe them out before they even start, or they will wipe you out) :)
i woulda rolled right over em. :)
but i deleted my fleets before turning it on. :(
now i reloaded, and am using the structure as a pseudo-MEFOS gunnery crew live fire training station. :twisted: :)

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:43

This sounds like a great idea!!

Thanks, I will let you know what happens!
XDrake
-------------------------------------------------------
NECORE Inc.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 00:20

Targ Collective wrote:I'm sorry Litcube, should have read that more carefully.
:) No problem.
Targ Collective wrote:I tend to move very, very fast. I have a reason to now thanks to you! Another query, is there an option to restart the script once you run out of enemy corporations to hassle?
If you turn off the plugin, everything is reset within a minute. You should hear a sound played (sounds like swooshing). Once this is done, you can turn it back on and start from scratch. From scratch is the first subsidiary ("TandiTech").

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 00:21

XDrake wrote:This sounds like a great idea!!

Thanks, I will let you know what happens!
Looking forward to your feedback.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 00:33

I would download this but i use the sector mentioned as an important fleet gathering point :P

I will DEFINATELY use this in later events tho. :wink:

Excellent work and keep it up

Captain.C

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 00:59

Ok, ok!

0.091b released:

- To change the start sector of The Phanon Corporation, edit the file 8384-L004 in your T directory. There, you will see this:

Code: Select all

<!--Edit Phanon Corporation's start sector here--> 
    <t id="300">3</t> 
    <t id="301">15</t> 

300 is X, and 301 is Y. These are the co-ordinates of the start sector. The default there is Unknown Sector just east of Mists of Elysium.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 01:25

Well done Litcube. Still early game for me (about two days in) so all I have is an M6, TM and a couple of fighters. Should be interesting!

Might be worthwhile updating the lead post with suggested Unknown Sectors to make it easy for people. ;)

EDIT: Already no.1 on Google searches for Phanon! :o Who'd you bribe?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 12:17

Good script mate, the description though made me wonder:

Isn't it a bit unfair that they start with 40mill and a hq when you start with 2.000credits and a worn out ship?

Since they are neutral towards anyone.. should they decide to attack your first complex, police or militia won't retaliate.. so not only they have more money than you, they can do as they please without any retaliation from any other races.

Shouldn't they just be vulnerable to khaa'k, xenon and pirates like everyone else?

Shoudln't they be punished by milita if they do bad deeds such as you?

That would balance the situation, wouldn't it?
Last edited by ezra-r on Wed, 2. Jun 10, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 13:48

is this script tag modified ? and must be called by thereshallbewings ? anyway where is the DL button ?????
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 13:54

That would balance the situation, wouldn't it?
I think that the real ballance is that They are the simple script, while You're a HOMO SAPIENS. That's why they have 40 mil and you have 2'000Cr plus your brain (properly used it's more dangerous that the fully armed M2) :)

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 16:37

I agree with that, if they were given a Buster and 2 000 creds, without the possibility to take lucrative missions and to cap ships, they would stay in their Buster forever (if they survive, that is).

Could you add a menu where the player can choose an Easy/Normal/Hard/Insane difficulty ? The higher the difficulty, the more cash and starting assets they get, of course.
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 17:11

Already implemented, but seamlessly - there are multiple generations and the later generations are a much greater challenge. You can decide to leave the weaker corporations in charge for just as long as you choose.

On the balance side, Litcube has been carefully and patiently testing this for *months*. I would suggest playtesting before reporting issues. :roll:

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 19:48

Ikaruga wrote:I agree with that, if they were given a Buster and 2 000 creds, without the possibility to take lucrative missions and to cap ships, they would stay in their Buster forever (if they survive, that is).
Correct. No on ever claimed that The Phanon Corporation was supposed to start on the same playing field as you, just that they have to play by the same rules (sort of..).
Ikaruga wrote:Could you add a menu where the player can choose an Easy/Normal/Hard/Insane difficulty ? The higher the difficulty, the more cash and starting assets they get, of course.
This isn't a bad idea really. Targ is correct, I tried to allow the player to move at their own pace... But I think consider this.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:41

On a slight tangent, I do believe that an option to ally with such a corporation would be beneficial. The X3TC Economy is not up to snuff, pretty much everyone agrees on that point, and a corporation like this could be very useful to shore it up. It has been a long tradition of the X series that, with a few notable exceptions, the player should be able to choose who to be friends and enemies with and respecting this fine tradition could surely only be a good thing.

Besides, any Teladi could smell a profit opportunity from such an aggressive corporation! :teladi:

For my part I am frantically building up a fleet to protect my few assets. The Superfrieghter 'Gun Runner' is even now scouring the galaxy for PPC cannons for my eventual M2.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 05:31

Targ Collective wrote:On a slight tangent, I do believe that an option to ally with such a corporation would be beneficial.
I hear what your saying, but I'm not sure how that would impact gameplay in a positive way. Esentially, if The Phanon Corporation weren't enemies, they be indistinguishable from the masses of blue ships floating around aimlessly in space via jobs files.

We already have the Atreus, TerraCorp, Duke's, NNMC, and StrongArms.

What gaming functions could you see here?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”