Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) v2.07a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 00:58

Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 23. Jun 13, 07:39, edited 2 times in total.

RunaKitun

Post by RunaKitun » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 04:57

Uhm... it seeeems that ahem, well. Ok, so I have time of the truth mod installed, along with some other things which I will post if you need me to. According to the log, all the drones are being considered rogue drones, and from looking in your scripties a little, just glancing over that is, it does that when they are't supposed to be undocked from the carrier, correct?

Problem persists in 2.02, this occured in 2.01. Unsure what is causing this, is rather frustrating!
Last edited by RunaKitun on Sun, 23. Jun 13, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 05:05

RunaKitun wrote:this is when I had 2.01, am upgrading to 2.02 now... if there is no change, this post shall remain!
2.02 has many changes to docked behavior. The behavior you describe should be fixed now.

RunaKitun

Post by RunaKitun » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 06:10

Uhm, yeah, it is still occuring... T~T Unsure what to do.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 06:13

Then give me some information to work with.

What steps do you take to reliably reproduce the behavior in a vanilla game?

If the behavior cannot be reproduced in a vanilla game, then:

1) What steps do you take to reliably reproduce the behavior?

2) What is special about your game? List your scripts and mods.

3) Link your log file.

I do not see how you could possibly have rogue drones in v2.02 as long as shields exist in ToTT.

RunaKitun

Post by RunaKitun » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 06:48

Well, A: I don't really use vanilla game, sorry... I could, but, eh.
B: I apologize if I say anything stupid or offend anyone, I don't mean to do so!

Ok, so, I just hop into any ship that can carry other ships, fire up building of drones, flick the engage targets to on, and... it doesn't do that, as far as I have witnessed. Not once. I mean, I do need to try it OoS, but yeah... nothing IS, dunno... They don't take off unless I tell them to go 'attack that', or something along those lines. When they take off, soon after they just redock... It makes me want to see what happens when they don't have their docking computers... Anyway, let's see...
Oh, really quick, ToTT has this no_fogs mod, so uhm, yeah.

Cheat Collection Package
Command Queueing
Galaxy Explorer
Mobile Ship Repairs
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Claim Software
Salvage Commands and NPCs
AdvancedPatrol.spk
Super_tractor
And of course, DCS2

Also I am not quite sure how I would go about linking my log file...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 07:25

RunaKitun wrote:Well, A: I don't really use vanilla game, sorry... I could, but, eh.

It is a step in the debugging process -- it isolates whether the issue is caused by my script or by something else in your game. It is easy enough to do: Just start a new game, then use the Cheat Package to recreate the behavior. You do not have to save the game as long as you know how to reproduce the behavior that you want to report.

It is good practice to invest five minutes to see whether the problem is caused by something else in your game.
  • (But read on before you do. There are a couple of other possibilities to discuss.)

I just hop into any ship that can carry other ships, fire up building of drones, flick the engage targets to on, and... it doesn't do that

The command is Engage Enemies (not Engage "Targets"). Do Enemies exist within your Engagement Range (radius)?

Did you change any other settings?

They don't take off unless I tell them to go 'attack that', or something along those lines. When they take off, soon after they just redock...

Yes, they will do that if there are no enemies in range while "Engage Enemies" is Active. Combined with your first clue, this suggests that there are no enemies to attack.

Set "Engage Enemies" to Offline if you want to give the drones specific orders.

Mobile Ship Repairs

Which version of Mobile Ship Repairs do you use? Version 1.7 includes a mod for TLaser, which is incompatible with all major mods (like Time of the Truth). Version 1.5 should be safer, but a better alternative is Repair Ships Command, which is the Repair commands without the incompatible stuff.

I doubt that Mobile Ship Repairs causes the trouble that you report, but you should know the details.

I am not quite sure how I would go about linking my log file...
Post your log somewhere (such as PasteBin.com). Then add the link in your message. You can, optionally, wrap the link in [ url ] bbCode tags, but that is not essential.

Or you could copy and paste the relevant lines into a message here; preferably wrapped in [ code ] tags.
  • (Tip: If you want to see how someone else's message is formatted, then Quote their messages. You will be able to see the bbCode tags. They are pretty easy after you do it a couple of times.)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 23. Jun 13, 07:57, edited 2 times in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 07:39

Update (and Bug Fix)

Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2)

Download: Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) v2.03

[ external image ]

Bug Fix
v2.03 (2013-06-22)
  • No longer automatically returns drones to base when "Engage Enemies" is Offline. Use the "Drones: RTB" command instead. This prevents a potential problem when using DCS2 with your custom drone commands. (RunaKitun, others).
New Features
v2.02 (2013-06-22)
  • New Feature: Allow selection of drone model. (ezza84, The Cuban Nightmare, Marvin Martian)
  • Added true costs for custom-selected drone models. This means that ship types you select cost more than automatically-selected drones; probably much more. However, Shields, Guns, and Missiles can be stocked at the Weapons Depot for discount on costs. (Automatically-selected drones are still heavily discounted).
  • Removed Triplex Scanner and Transporter Device from the Anti-Theft checklist (for XRM players). (The Cuban Nightmare).
  • Added Cargo LifeSupport System for CODEA (ezza84).
  • Removed Homebase when docked to prevent independent launches.
  • Bug Fixed: Orbital Weapon Platforms try to evade
  • Bug Fixed: Carriers evade even with "Retreat" turned Off.
  • All Bombers are now SpecOps Bombers (because they do not blow themselves up). Bomber price increased to match.
  • Excess Bombers are recycled during peace time in order to make room for Interceptors. Otherwise, Bombers would eventually fill all hangar bays. Recycling sends wares to Weapons Depot and/or refunds cost of remaining wares.
  • Weapons Depot will consume Hammerheads before converting Firestorms to Hammerheads.
  • Weapons Depot will convert Firestorms to Wraiths, if necessary, for SpecOps Bombers.
  • Fixed "Drone Bomber" text to just drone bombers.
  • Added Menu Command: Drones RTB. Forces drones to Return To Base (carrier).
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 23. Jun 13, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

RunaKitun

Post by RunaKitun » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 09:11

Problem still persists, I give up, gonna go to sleep, maybe I can be of better help in the morning.....

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 11:43

RunaKitun wrote:Problem still persists, I give up, gonna go to sleep, maybe I can be of better help in the morning.....
Sleep is good.

Reports without any useful information whatsoever... less good. ;)

Diggz
x4

Post by Diggz » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 17:40

Trying out the new carrier software version, I like it a lot, however, I set it to create verdandi sentinels from XRM and it's giving me money instead of taking it away.

I know I should test it without any mods, but I think you just have a negative somewhere it shouldn't be. Also holy crap I'm getting seventeen million every time I create a ship; if thats how much it would cost me to create a M4+ without anything in my weapons depot that is crazy expensive.
I have yet to figure out the non-terran equivalent of a Point Singularity Projector...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 17:53

Thank you, Diggz. I will make sure that the sign is correct.

If you choose a drone type, then you will pay for the ship, shields, weapons, and missiles. If that adds up to 17 million for an M4, then perhaps XRM is gouging you a bit, eh? ;)

You do get a cost bonus, in addition to a rebate for the cost, when you stock sufficient items at the Weapons Depot. That will certainly save money on shields, guns, and missiles.

(You can actually get a decent "profit" from stocking the Weapons Depot. By that I mean that the rebate you receive will be greater than the maximum price that you could sell the ware for.)

If ships cost too much when charging their full market value, then I could add a discount multiplier. However, it seems kind of "fair" this way -- let DCS2 choose a drone type for cheap; or pay more for choosing your own type.

@RunaKitun: Just so that you do not think you are going crazy, I have been able to reproduce some circumstances in which drones launch then redock then launch again. I will fix that for the next version.

Ogliss
x4

Post by Ogliss » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 18:29

DrBullwinkle wrote:Update (and Bug Fix)
does this stop the auto destruct bug with XRM? i just removed the entire anti theft bit of code from the last one.

Epic script, loving it so far, apart from the random spec ops bombers killing everything on occasion :)

Keep up the good work DrBullwinkle-sama!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 18:32

Ogliss wrote:Epic script, loving it so far, apart from the random spec ops bombers killing everything on occasion :)

Keep up the good work DrBullwinkle-sama!
Thanks. And would you want the bombers to do anything else? ;)

Yes, v2.02 and higher should solve the problem with XRM and anti-theft.

Ogliss
x4

Post by Ogliss » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 18:57

only encountered one once, it appeared in the goner sectore north of treasure chest while i was capping the sector, took out my 6 corvette escourt on its own and then killed 2 of my M7's, including the one i was in on autopilot

*edit*

downloaded the new version, will give it a blast in a bit and see if i can break it :)
Last edited by Ogliss on Sun, 23. Jun 13, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 18:58

Oh, that.

Yeah, you would not want the SpecOps Bombers to get into the wrong hands!

RunaKitun

Post by RunaKitun » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 20:04

Thank you Bullwinkle, for at least letting me know that what I told you wasn't completely useless, and that you were able to reproduce the 'unintended' function. xD

Uhh, just found out... my game wasn't fully patched... pffft.... could that be it? xD

Diggz
x4

Post by Diggz » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 20:35

Been having some great fun with this script thus far, however I've noticed another bug. My SpecOps bombers are utilizing wraith missiles (I normally play terran so that's what I produce) as their torpedoes fine (which is awesome by the way) however they are spawning without any mass driver ammunition. I've tried Cheat-scripting some ammo into them to no avail.

The end result is that they are just appearing beside my M7 and sitting still. I can give them normal ship commands and they do their best to follow it but engage enemies is definitely set to "on" as the verdandis are ripping shit apart.

I suspect the fact is I'm using XRM, tried testing it out in a brand new save and the problem persists.
I have yet to figure out the non-terran equivalent of a Point Singularity Projector...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 20:47

Your bombers have mass drivers?? In version 2.03?

I could have sworn that I posted v2.03 with Phased Repeater Guns on the bombers.

In any case, yes, they spawn without ammunition, but they quickly "reload" as long as there is cargo space. And that only if ammunition is required. In XRM, I understand that ammunition is not required.

So it is not a bug -- they should not have ammo.

As for not attacking their target, make sure you are using the most recent version. I suspect you have an old copy.

RunaKitun

Post by RunaKitun » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 21:10

AHAAA, I have identified the problem! :D Now, I can't say what it is for it may get me in trouble, I think. Unsure. o.o I mean, it has to do with something ToTT does, though, that's all. xD

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”