[MOD][X3:TC] EVE-X V0.9 beta (aborted, 15.04.2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 04:24

A Talos would be enormously fun to fly. Big, fast, and guns bigger than it has any right to bear :D

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 11:45

Ocede wrote:Are you going to be putting up an update over this weekend i.e. can we expect to see more goodies. The T3s and glass cannons would we a welcome addition to this already polished mod.
I'm sorry to tell you that I don't have time to work on this mod until I've finished my education. This will be finished at the end of April. During this period my work on this mod will be freezed.
So no update this weekend. Tech3 Cruisers are allready included (some shapes) and the Tier3 Battlecruisers... they have this damn problem with CCPs philosoph "Vertical is cool!" which X3 isn't made for.

Ships, not will be included by me
  • Oracle
  • Tornado
  • Naglfar
  • Catalyst (I know it's horizontal but in the wrong way)
  • Myrmidon

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 02:57

So I've taken it upon myself to edit the Jobs file to have NPC's spawn using these ships. Does anybody know where I should be looking to modify mission spawns as well? I've looked at the MD scripts but XML is all greek to me and I can't find where its actually doing the spawning.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 03:48

Thron wrote:
Ocede wrote:Are you going to be putting up an update over this weekend i.e. can we expect to see more goodies. The T3s and glass cannons would we a welcome addition to this already polished mod.
I'm sorry to tell you that I don't have time to work on this mod until I've finished my education. This will be finished at the end of April. During this period my work on this mod will be freezed.
So no update this weekend. Tech3 Cruisers are allready included (some shapes) and the Tier3 Battlecruisers... they have this damn problem with CCPs philosoph "Vertical is cool!" which X3 isn't made for.

Ships, not will be included by me
  • Oracle
  • Tornado
  • Naglfar
  • Catalyst (I know it's horizontal but in the wrong way)
  • Myrmidon
Thron - you need help to work in more ships? :)
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

rionwt
x3tc

Post by rionwt » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 15:12

Cheers for putting together all these ships to fly, but unfortunately everytime I fly through a gate now I feel I'm gona get jumped (ganked & podded) by pirates on the other side >.< keeps me on edge ;-)

ArcAngel087

Post by ArcAngel087 » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 01:01

just wanted to say thanks for translating this to english. Quick question any chance of the drake getting made, when you start modding again?

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 12:59

No sorry, there will no new Ships comming for this mod.
Sorry for saying that but this project will be aborted.

Because of recent events and personal reasons, this work will only be continued and published for near Friends. It will be a private project from now.

Regrettable greetings
Thron

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 13:39

:?:

Respect their decision, Thron. But you have to admit, many downloaded this mod because you made ​​them, in a way, publicly. What do we do? Will delete? There is a set of MODs being compiled by fans of X3 and EVE - with their claims. Others were willing to give us the right to join these mods into one, as Litcube. Cause the change now? 'Personal problems' with something that you yourself became public and now claims to be 'friends only'? That does not justify, although it might explain his motives.

That's not right, not even after you make the files public. But of course, you keep the site - server - where are the files, if this problem, financial, there are free sites paw host these files. Anyway, we could reach a 'compromise' on this issue.

Regrettable that decision ...

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Fri, 19. Apr 13, 01:00

jeroll3d wrote::?:

Respect their decision, Thron. But you have to admit, many downloaded this mod because you made ​​them, in a way, publicly. What do we do? Will delete?
Why should you delete it? you've allready downloaded it, so you can use it.
There is a set of MODs being compiled by fans of X3 and EVE - with their claims. Others were willing to give us the right to join these mods into one, as Litcube.
It's their decision to grant how to work with their mod.
Cause the change now?

Sorry, I don't understand your meaning in this case :?
'Personal problems' with something that you yourself became public and now claims to be 'friends only'? That does not justify, although it might explain his motives.
Personal problems are personal problems.
I don't have to explain those and I won't do it. (It's global meant, not aggressive against you)
That's not right, not even after you make the files public. But of course, you keep the site - server - where are the files, if this problem, financial, there are free sites paw host these files. Anyway, we could reach a 'compromise' on this issue.

Regrettable that decision ...
It's definitely not a financial problem. I need this Server also for my job.
It's more like "taking my mod, modify it in a huge way so just the ships are empty ramaining hulls".

First I was asked how to remove the GUI.
Then I was asked where the effects are.
And then... right... I was asked for premission to (read it carefully) "Adapt this mod to AP, because I (me) don't have AP".
I have granted this... because I don't have AP.

Then was a time, where I wasn't able to do anythig. Not even some little things.
And today I've got a look in this forum and saw whats happened whith my given premission for using my mod.
Such massive changes are unacceptable by only say "Yes you may use it."

As I read in the other thread, you're now very angry against me/my decision but try to take a look from my position.
  • You work hard, to get all thos ships to X3.
  • made the textures as perfect as you can.
  • Programmed tools for lighten the work on this mod.
  • Shared your paid webspace, so people can download it, fast and whitout registration/paiment
  • Helped people to get the mod working with other mods
  • etc.
would you agree, that other take your mod, modify it so you're able to say hey those ships looks like mine, but not more!?

Hope it explains my decision a little bit.

Regards
Thron

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Fri, 19. Apr 13, 02:40

Give a discount to google translate.

Thanks

MrKWMonk
x3ap

Post by MrKWMonk » Thu, 2. May 13, 11:20

Thron wrote:No sorry, there will no new Ships comming for this mod.
Sorry for saying that but this project will be aborted.

Because of recent events and personal reasons, this work will only be continued and published for near Friends. It will be a private project from now.

Regrettable greetings
Thron

Took up X3 when I gave up Eve. Reading the above is sad news. Would be nice to pilot a Machariel or a Stabber again.

-kaos

Argon Destroyer
x3tc

Post by Argon Destroyer » Fri, 3. May 13, 11:07

Is there any chance to download any latest released version of this mod?
On homepage links are broken. I know that development had stopped, but here is so beautifull ships.
I like Running!

Lakisha
x3tc

Post by Lakisha » Fri, 3. May 13, 21:03

Argon Destroyer wrote:Is there any chance to download any latest released version of this mod?
On homepage links are broken. I know that development had stopped, but here is so beautifull ships.
I would like to ask the same.
I saw this mod and feld in love with it instantly, though am sad to find out it is aborted.

Is there a way to download the current version?

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 19:23

Sadly, over the weekend my computer suffered catastrophic failure (kid + sippy cup = bad-for-electronics). I find myself now with X3 and no desire to play it since this mod is (was) the only reason I continued playing.

Here is to hoping Thron glances at the thread, and changes his mind. I cant believe how utterly bland the game looks without those ships :(

wellowned

Post by wellowned » Wed, 4. May 16, 18:54

Well is there any hope for this mod? I mean all links on the net are dead.
I've been trying to find other similar mods, or eve ships, but to no avail.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 5. May 16, 02:10

wellowned wrote:Well is there any hope for this mod?
Well, let's look at the evidence. The title says ABORTED, and the last post was 3 years ago.

I would expect a fully playable release any day now.

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Thu, 5. May 16, 12:34

wellowned wrote:Well is there any hope for this mod? I mean all links on the net are dead.
I've been trying to find other similar mods, or eve ships, but to no avail.
Nope sorry, there isn't any hope for this mod. The only thing you can get atm is the EVE-Like HUD.

Cheers,
Thron

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”