[MOD][X3:TC] EVE-X V0.9 beta (aborted, 15.04.2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Thron
x4

[MOD][X3:TC] EVE-X V0.9 beta (aborted, 15.04.2013)

Post by Thron » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 02:13

Because there are some english people which are searching for EVE Online ships, I would like to share my Mod with you.
So let's start, I'll do my best to translate the german description to english.
Please forgive me, if I make some mistakes in writing ;)

EVE-X
My goal was to port some of ships from EVE Online to X3TC. I also expected to create/change weapons, because of lack of time i've frozen this goal.
All ships are given to the terrans (USC). There is also (at the moment) one new station, more are planned.
Four new sectors are included but not occupied.

Let's do first a FAQ:
  • Q What does this Mod offer?
  • A First and foremost, this mod will include the most beautiful ships (subjective opinion) from EVE Online to X3.
    Additional steps are: Weapons, (Races), Stations, Tradegoods etc.
    What and how much is at the moment not clear.
  • Q Are you doing this mod alone or are you in a team?
  • A Currently I'm alone, but I'm very glad that I can ask for help in this super community.
  • Q I would like to have ship A and ship C, can you send me those one by one?
  • A Can YES, but I'll don't do it, sorry.
  • Q Did you make those models by yourself?
  • A No. Those models are all from EVE Online.
    Same with the textures, but I have to modify them so the X-Engine can use it.
  • Q You've taken those models from another game, isn't it not theft of intellectual property?
  • A No. I've got an official premission to use their models, textures etc for noncommerdial use under their own copyright.
  • Q What about the size ratio? Will it be 1:1 as in EVE?
  • A No sorry, I adjusted the size to X3-Standard, ie, some ships are proportionally smaller, others larger than depicted in EVE.
  • Q Why have you adjusted the proportions to X and not taken from EVE?
  • A I have consciously adapted the vessels to X, so that you could build these ships easily with other mods.
  • Q Will you adapt this mod for X3R or it will run there as well?
  • A No, I won't make this mod "intentionally" capable to X3R. It could be that the mod works there. But I do not know, and also can't test it by myself.
  • Q What about the compatibility with other mods?
  • A The mod is not finished yet, so I can not say how far the mod will be compatible with other.
    One thing is certain: it will NOT be compatible with other mods that include a separate TShips.
  • Q CCP ... EVE Online ... Do you have a link to them?
  • A Sure here you are :) At the bottom are the therms and conditions and other stuff
  • Q Albion Prelude is indeed appeared. Does the mod also run at Albion Prelude?
  • A Since Albion Prelude has its own TShips, this mod will not be compatible with Albion Prelude.
    Maybe I can look for some effects, but Albion Prelude is currently not an issue.
>All ships and textures from EVE Online, which find their way to this mod, fall under the copyright of CCP . They may be used only with permission of CCP and respecting the copyrights for other mods.
>All other X-Original content is protected by the copyright from EGOSOFT
>A reuse of this mod or parts of this mod in an other community mod needs premissions from CCP an me. (Added for clarity 3. April 2013)

I recieved a response from CCP, when I asked to represent their shipmodels in my mod.
In short: YES, I can use their models. While guaranteeing that the copyright still remains at CCP and I won't use this mod for commercial purpose

Gallery

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

>>Install
Attention!!!
It's highly recommended to delete old EVE-X files and take the new ones.
  • Download all 3 files.
    > EVE-X_Datas
    > EVE-X_Models
    > EVE-X_Textures
  • copy those files to your maindirectory (Fake-Patch), I've numbered them before, they do start at 15 (14 can be an empty filepair).
  • Put the file in the "scripts folder" in the "scripts" folder in the root directory.
  • And Play :)
>>Troubleshoot
  1. Problem: We have "ReadText"-Issues.
    Reason: The textfile was not loaded. Maybe you've forgotten to install the script or you've overwritten the languagefile by an manualy installed other file or a mod containing a languagefile with this name.
    Solution: Make sure the scriptfile (included in the "EVE-X_Datas.zip") is in your scripts-folder.
    Make sure that ther is no other mod containing a language file "7200".
    For the gamestarts you need the the last page in the delivered "0001" file (page 401900). If you've already an edited 0001 file, you may copy the whole page 401900 from my file to your file.
  2. Problem: We have "no Hangar Array"-Issues.
    Reason: The delivered X3_universe-xml was not loaded.
    Solution: Make sure there is no other mod containing an own universe-file nor you've installed an own modified universe-file.
  3. Problem: We have "no ships"-Issues (not to buy, not to spawn by cheats).
    Reason: There is another TShips existing which overwrites the TShips from the mod.
    Solution: Make sure that the TShips with the highest priority ist the by the mod delivered TShips.
    Notice: MARS contains a TShips for the Goblins so they can repair. To make this mod highly compatible with MARS, I've moded the combatdrones MARS-like so they can use repairlasers.
  4. Problem: You've tryed to install this mod in Albion Prelude.
    Reason: Not readed the FAQ.
    Solution: Try to install this mod in X3TC but not in AP.
>>Download V0.9 beta
There is no download anymore, sorry.

>>Where to buy those ships:
To make it more easily for you to buy those ships, you have to fly to the fourth unknown terran sector. There will be a new station called "Hangar Array" where you can buy the most of the Empire-Ships.
The station looks like this:
[ external image ]

>>Bugreport
For a Bug-Report, please copy the draft in the "code"-Tags bellow and post it in this thread.
Please fill elements written in uppercase inside square brackets with your information.

Code: Select all

[b][color=#ffbb11]>>Bug-Report:[/color][/b]
[b]Object:[/b] [OBJECTNAME]
[b]Version:[/b] [VERSION]

[b]Bugdetails:[/b] [ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF ERROR]

>>Modified Files
  • director\start
  • L\true\gamestarts
  • L\true\start500
  • L\true\start501
  • L\true\start502
  • L\true\start503
  • L\true\start504
  • L\true\start505
  • L\true\start506
  • L\true\start507
  • maps\x3_universe
  • objects\cut\00749
  • objects\v\00027
  • objects\v\00765
  • objects\v\01002
  • objects\v\01003
  • objects\v\01006
  • objects\v\01007
  • objects\v\10392
  • objects\v\15001
  • objects\v\15002
  • objects\v\15003
  • objects\v\15004
  • objects\v\15005
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\argon_equiptmentdock_scene
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\argon_spacedock_scene
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\usc_dock_a_scene
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\usc_dock_b_scene
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\usc_dock_c_scene
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\usc_dock_d_scene
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\usc_dock_e_scene
  • objects\stations\stations_scenes\others\usc_shipyard_scene
  • t\0001-L044
  • t\0001-L049
  • t\7200-L044
  • t\7200-L049
  • tex\true\365
  • tex\true\407
  • tex\true\780
  • tex\true\781
  • tex\true\796
  • types\Bodies
  • types\BodyData
  • types\Components
  • types\Dummies
  • types\Effects
  • types\Globals (What you can see, you also can scan it)
  • types\Jobs
  • types\Lensflares
  • types\Particles3
  • types\TBullets
  • types\TCockpits
  • types\TFactories
  • types\TLasers
  • types\TMissiles
  • types\TShips
>>External links
This mod contains objects from: It seems that the "Lensflares" from XTC, is sneaked in my mod. I beleive this is the reason for some bright suns in in the one or other sectors
Please forgive me for this sacrilege.:oops:

I will keep this post up to date and constantly updating, it takes the current date in the title.

Kind regards

Thron
Last edited by Thron on Thu, 5. May 16, 12:31, edited 10 times in total.

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 02:14

*reserved*

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 14:48

So *this* #*$*ing thing looks pretty awesome!

Mr. Person

Post by Mr. Person » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 20:12

yay an English thread! but will you be checking it as often as the german one for replies and such?

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 21:28

Mr. Person wrote:yay an English thread! but will you be checking it as often as the german one for replies and such?
If you can live with my humble english skills then "Yes", otherwise you have to write in german :P

Mr. Person

Post by Mr. Person » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 22:17

lol I have seen much worse, you are doing rather well actually

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 01:52

Nice! Thank you for making an English thread for us :) Hopefully we can get more people interested in the mod because it is truly an amazing effort on your part porting the ships and structures.

MAUCorp
x3tc

Post by MAUCorp » Tue, 5. Mar 13, 02:15

Thanks so much for this english version thread.

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Tue, 5. Mar 13, 06:37

You are awesome and I love you forever for this. I can't wait to try it out. I didn't think we'd ever see the EVE ships in X3... I've been a huge fan of both games, so it was definitely something I hoped for. Man oh man can't tell you how happy it makes me to see em!

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Tue, 5. Mar 13, 08:04

UPDATE: I see what is happening. The ships ARE loaded into my game, but using only the cats and dats they are all named "Readtext-" and some numbers. >_> I downloaded the language zip and moved all of the files from it into the main t folder. Still didn't change anything :( And yes, I am 100% positive I did not accidentally install it in the Albion Prelude folder :-P. Anyone have any ideas?

In the installation instructions, it specifies to put some scripts into the "scripts" folder... I can't find any scripts. >_> I downloaded the 3 files you mentioned, but each file only contained 1 cat and 1 dat (15, 16 and 17). There were no other files in them >_>

I tried copying those into my main TC folder, but the new ships weren't added when I ran the game :( I'm trying to figure out what went wrong >_>. For test purposes, I put it in a clean install of TC. No other mods, except the cheat package to load the ships with, are present.

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Tue, 5. Mar 13, 09:30

Tolmos wrote:In the installation instructions, it specifies to put some scripts into the "scripts" folder... I can't find any scripts. >_> I downloaded the 3 files you mentioned, but each file only contained 1 cat and 1 dat (15, 16 and 17). There were no other files in them >_>
This...

Sorry my fault :oops:
After repacking the new datas I forgot to repack the script to.
I've now uploaded the new file "with" scripts. Please download the "EVE-X_Datas.zip" again.
There you'll find now a folder called "scripts", put the file inside in your scripts-folder in your TC maindirectory.

>>> Downloadsection

Hope it will work now, sorry again.

Thron

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 00:39

Quickinfo:
As for the search of bugs ,I'm relying on you, as I have just not enough time to test it all by myself.
I'll upload an update on saturday in the evening, so, as more bugs you'll find as more will be fixed :)

kind regards
Thron

SpaceManX3TC

Post by SpaceManX3TC » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 07:42

This will be the most Epic X3 mod when it's finished but right now all it does is change my UI and i really don't like that UI. No shipyard in the unknown sector and no ships in the cheat package to spawn (From a fresh X3 install). Keep up the good work though, will be keeping my eye on this :)

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 12:46

Dont forget, this is for TC, not AP

Jaenis
x4

Post by Jaenis » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 02:43

Well...a few things...

Loaded it up and I travelled to the 4th unknown sector...

Good news....the shipyard is there and I was able to dock with it.

Bad news...there are no ships available to be purchased.

Also..I use JCHud
http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?p=3634106

this mod disables that.

Its simple to install...1 script file and 3 cat/dat fles....so I'm sure I haven't missed anyting...and yet the ships do not show up to be purchased or in the cheat menu to be spawned.

Regards.

Jaenis

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 04:00

Do you use any other mod(s) that has a its own Tships file? MARS? XTM? Trails etc? If the ships dont show up even via cheats menu you may have a Tships file that is conflicting with the mod or already in your types folder in the TC root folder.

Thron
x4

Post by Thron » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 10:13

Ok all in all we have 4 major-issues..
  1. Problem: We have "ReadText"-Issues.
    Reason: The textfile was not loaded. Maybe you've forgotten to install the script or you've overwritten the languagefile by an manualy installed other file or a mod containing a languagefile with this name.
    Solution: Make sure the scriptfile (included in the "EVE-X_Datas.zip") is in your scripts-folder.
    Make sure that ther is no other mod containing a language file "7200".
    For the gamestarts you need the the last page in the delivered "0001" file (page 401900). If you've already an edited 0001 file, you may copy the whole page 401900 from my file to your file.
  2. Problem: We have "no Hangar Array"-Issues.
    Reason: The delivered X3_universe-xml was not loaded.
    Solution: Make sure there is no other mod containing an own universe-file nor you've installed an own modified universe-file.
  3. Problem: We have "no ships"-Issues (not to buy, not to spawn by cheats).
    Reason: There is another TShips existing which overwrites the TShips from the mod.
    Solution: Make sure that the TShips with the highest priority ist the by the mod delivered TShips.
    Notice: MARS contains a TShips for the Goblins so they can repair. To make this mod highly compatible with MARS, I've moded the combatdrones MARS-like so they can use repairlasers.
  4. Problem: You've tryed to install this mod in Albion Prelude.
    Reason: Not readed the FAQ.
    Solution: Try to install this mod in X3TC but not in AP.

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 22:40

"Impatiently-taps-foot-while-staring-at-the-clock" :D

Thron
x4

Update 09.03.2013

Post by Thron » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 22:42

Ok, there's a new update available.

Fixes:
  • All Titans are now big as hell, so they deserve their name "Titan".
    It's highly recommended that you DON'T try to dock on a station with these monsters.
  • Changed the turretmodel for each turret on a Titan.
  • Fixed the turrets for the Obelisk.
  • Fixed viewports for the Obelisk.
  • Prepared the texture archive for the next major release.
    Detached the GUI from the texture archive, so if you want the EVE-GUI, you have to install it separatly.
You can merge those files in the existing ones, or you can just put it as the next higher number in your X3TC-mainfolder AFTER the three main mod files.

You can get it right here:
Download isn't available yet!

Regards
Thron
Last edited by Thron on Fri, 19. Apr 13, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 23:04

Yay! I feel like a giddy little school girl. Ty Thron ^.^

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”