[Script] Station Capture Through TL Boarding [UPDATE V1.1]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 17:54

No it doesn't.

All TLs are viable targets. I thought about limiting it to just Supply TLs and Lifters, but then I realized cruise ships carry cargo too. I would though like to remove Hospital ships from the list of possible targets. Just because I feel like the devil for encouraging people to boarding one, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Would have to do some name checks via strings matching.

The other issue is with Mods. Because other mods might change the job or name of supply TLs and lifters I can't really use a whitelist, otherwise I might make it so the script doesn't work at all with certain mods. If I use a blacklist then it might keep growing to accommodate all the mods.

That does remind me though to do a check to not run on invincible ships, other wise this mod might cause trouble with the
Spoiler
Show
TC PHQ mission.
Last edited by RoverTX on Sat, 19. Jan 13, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 18:28

The main issue with putting stations on Supply TL's is that the player cannot hire the TL if it already has a station on board. I got a funny reply from a Split TL Captain when I tried to hire him: I already have cargo that is more important than yours!. :)

In vanilla, simply checking the name for "Supply TL" would probably suffice to avoid them.

Re: Hospitals... you could let the player decide his own karma. ;)

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 19. Jan 13, 18:30

V1.1 Adds them via a captured signal. So they show up after boarding. Already been 'fixed'. Though looking at other options.

Also some one else reported being able to hire them with stations already in their cargo bay. So I didn't think having the stations in their cargo bay actually lead to them being 'hired'. I have gotten that message before with nothing in their cargo bay except lasers and shields also.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”