[Script][1.3.4 - Beta]BAM (Bad *** Marines) - Marine Repairs, Upgrades, and Equipment

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Taro8
x3tc

Post by Taro8 » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 13:22

The ship upgrades are just wares that are on the ship. Recently I found 2 engine tunings literally floating in the space. I had fully upgraded ship and when I picked them up my ship was overturned just like that. This means that you can freely mess around with tunings as they are wares.

The trick is to make crew skill add up on top of your current tuning so it wont prevent player from upgrading his ship.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 15:14

I understand all that. What you think is the hard part isn't. I just have to add a local variable on the ship telling the upgrade part of BAM how much the crew was adding, and do some addition and subtraction to keep things smooth.

The hard part is detecting when marines have been removed and how to remove said upgrade wares at that point. Other wise people could put a maxed out marine into a position, and then just remove him and keep the bonus. All the other bonus basically trigger and effect, at which point I can check for the presence of a marine, while the ware effect is always on and there is no clean point to check at.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 24. Mar 13, 07:31

Next patch, working on it now, will include the following.

Code: Select all

-----------------
FOR SURE UPDATES:
-----------------
Raced Based Bonuses
   Mostly relating to quicker repairs of corresponding race's ship
   So the more Boron marines the faster the repair of a Boron ship would go.

Marine Equipment
   A way to pay for a quick increase in fighting skill, up to 8 points.
   Equipment for an added bonus of maybe getting data off a ship, blue prints, map data, credits, etc
   Salvage equipment that might keep more items around after capture.
   Eng equipment that might allow for some returned hull strength after boarding, or automatic upgrades.

--------------
MAYBE UPDATES:
--------------
Saved present for Equipment installations.

Salaries 

Assigning of Marine to Crew Positions for Bonuses

Extra Marine Status Info
  Stuff like height, age, weight, homeworld, hobbies, based off race info from the Superbox documentation.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 14:25

Hows the patch coming along RoverTX?

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 16:59

The equipment menu is done, along with the bonus stats.

I did though delete the new T file version by accident so I got to go back through and rename everything...lol, but that shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

I still have yet to get around to implement the other non stat bonus from the equipment.

I am also working on a few small bugs I found along the way relating to normal equipment installs, they aren't script breaking, but they can be annoying. They relate to the fact that system override command is really two different items. Forgot about that till recently.

The race based bonuses will be last, but thats just adding a few lines of code of the marine.review script, and the repair and install equipment scripts.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 18:06

Ok great. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 23:42

RoverTX,

Im not sure if its me or a bug but the only option I have is the option to repair ships.

In the menu (after selecting a ship to repair It says 0null under the credits owed for the job.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 23:45

Tell me your docking configuration, whats docked to your ship, and what if anything are you docked to, and what possible dock mates do you have.

What class is the ship, how many marines do you have, and what are their skill layouts.

What selection option did you pick for repairing.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 00:18

RoverTX wrote:Tell me your docking configuration, whats docked to your ship, and what if anything are you docked to, and what possible dock mates do you have.

What class is the ship, how many marines do you have, and what are their skill layouts.

What selection option did you pick for repairing.
Flying an M7. In space. Several TS docked. One i tried repair was 40% hull. All marines were the cheapest.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 00:20

Ahhhhhhh ok. That explains it, the min check is failing, its not even supposed to let you repair if they all have really low skill. Let me check something hold on.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 00:23

And thats it. If the marine skills are too low its supposed to boot you out, but for some reason it isn't. Instead it showing a null. Thanks for pointing that out!

Edit:

Sorry for the spam, but just fixed it actually, was dividing by 0 forgot to add a +1 in three places... Should have a new version, with just bug fixes, out later tonight.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 01:05

Awesome. Thanks man. Looking forward to it.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 02:08

1.3.2 Is out Fixes Above Mentioned Bugs, or it should...:P Let me know if you find anything else.

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 03:06

Will this conflict with "Marine Repairs"? I'd like to try this out but already using marine repairs and know I cant just delete it.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 03:58

Hm, is there a way to install this without using the X-plugin manager? It corrupts my game saves whenever I install via SPK (Any SPK, not just this one.).

I tried extracting the Script/T files but even when I put them in the right spot it doesn't work.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 04:20

@Cascinova, as long as you disable Marine Repairs auto repair function it should be fine. The only thing that could happen is both scripts could start running on a repair at the same time. Would make the repair happen faster, but you would pay twice.

@Echofinder I can create a archived version and put them up when I get a chance.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 06:43

Zip Version has been added.

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Wed, 17. Apr 13, 15:15

RoverTX wrote:@Cascinova, as long as you disable Marine Repairs auto repair function it should be fine. The only thing that could happen is both scripts could start running on a repair at the same time. Would make the repair happen faster, but you would pay twice.
Cool thank you.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Fri, 19. Apr 13, 04:58

I tried the Zip version, and so far the only available option is repair duties, is there something I'm missing?

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 19. Apr 13, 05:10

Equipment and Upgrades only work while docked. The idea being the marines are buying the parts for the upgrade and equipment, and your picking up the tab for that and their labor.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”