XTC 2.0 - Script Combatibility List - Reports from players

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Mon, 31. Dec 12, 05:48

DrBullwinkle wrote:If Marine Repairs did the repair with no resources when id 311 is "yes", then please report in the Marine Repairs thread.

It has nothing to do with XTC.
Further troubleshooting (heh...i love saying that) confirms it is indeed a Marine Repairs related problems so i shall report to said thread on the double sir!

dESANT
x4

Post by dESANT » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 20:21

How can you say in 1st post that Economy and Supply Trader is working well while it require Lucikes Script Collection with is labeled as "unconfirmed" to be working. Thats funny..

Besides some of those confirmed working mods appears to be wild guesses :o

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 1. Jan 13, 21:23

dESANT wrote:How can you say in 1st post that Economy and Supply Trader is working well while it require Lucikes Script Collection with is labeled as "unconfirmed" to be working. Thats funny..

well...

est is a subset of a script collection. so... some scripts work, some don't (cag apparently)... so you can't say that the entire collection is working.

but libraries, xtc patch and most of the scripts are just fine.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

AllegroMonkey
xr

Post by AllegroMonkey » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 01:45

I can confirm that Logain Abler's FDN 8.04 & the Energy Cell replicator for Capital Ships are working 100% with no issues after 3 days of play.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 52#3885452

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=255640

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 06:01

AllegroMonkey wrote:I can confirm that Logain Abler's FDN 8.04 & the Energy Cell replicator for Capital Ships are working 100% with no issues after 3 days of play.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 52#3885452

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=255640
Thank you , confirmed & updated .

Added Special Thanx to you guys :lol:
Last edited by HoPLoN on Wed, 2. Jan 13, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.
Go tell the Spartans , stranger passing by , that here ,obedient to Spartan Law, we lie .

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 06:18

dESANT wrote:How can you say in 1st post that Economy and Supply Trader is working well while it require Lucikes Script Collection with is labeled as "unconfirmed" to be working. Thats funny..

As Vukica already said, most of those scripts are separately available. The entire Lucikes Script Collection has not been confirmed working because if it was that be like saying every single script in their works, which I'm sure isn't the case. Only some elements so far that have been tested seem to work.

EST does work however, so does CAG/CLS and a few others.

When I say work, I mean they actually work intended, their features are not broken. Does not mean they won't cause issues with XTC, I believe there is a command slot issue but Vukica uploaded a fix for that, but there still may be underlying issues as the mod gets played more with these scripts installed.

All the ones I've installed are working fine for me, and hasn't diminished my Xtended experience in any way.

Installed Mods -

Imps Basic Cockpit 6
EST - Part of Lucikes Collection
CAG - Part of Lucikes Collection (Need to fiddle with in-game CAG settings to make it work)
CLS - Part of Lucikes Collection
CODEA - Part of Lucikes Collection
Pure X Hud
STO
Basic Salary
Personnel Transporter
Prospector - Not fully tested yet
Dockware Manager
X3TC Medium Font (Not really a mod/script, more of a slight modification)

Another mod to add as 'working', is Pure X Hud - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299546

No glitches/bugs that I've noticed with it, and I've been using it for the past 3 days now.

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 06:53

Nice feedback Xydonus !

Can you provide a link for IMP's Basic Cockpits 6 , because there seem to be 2-3 versions with Basic Cockpits 6 around .
I ve posted up ITS version and Shawn version , should I remove either ?

*Pure X V2 is already posted up , Pure X is already inside Immersive GUI too I think, but added it also .

Another question :
CAG - Part of Lucikes Collection (Need to fiddle with in-game CAG settings to make it work)
Can you be a little more specific on what settings to fiddle with ?
Go tell the Spartans , stranger passing by , that here ,obedient to Spartan Law, we lie .

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 07:38

Here's the direct link for Imps Basic 6 - http://www.its-schiffswerft.de/html/downloads.html - It's the top most one

Links you have up at the moment lead to the same mod. Shawns version is essentially Imp's combined use of Shawns mod and Basic 6, but the download is the same in the end. I'd just leave the direct link featured, less confusion.

Regards to CAG, it will be confusing to anyone who hasn't used it before, and if they can't get it to work they might think its incompatible which isn't the case.

Here's what's needed -

Trade MK I & II
Set the homebase for the ship to your station
Go to Trade>Start Commercial Representation
Check trade settings and make sure Warelist is set to Trade and not to Blacklist, pick a ware (Not doing this will cause it to go on standby)
Check the other settings (All self explanatory) and then just click Start once done.

Should work then.

Short version - http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/204 ... 1-2/page27 I explain this here for someone having a problem with it.

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Wed, 2. Jan 13, 09:30

Xydonus wrote:Here's the direct link for Imps Basic 6 - http://www.its-schiffswerft.de/html/downloads.html - It's the top most one

Links you have up at the moment lead to the same mod. Shawns version is essentially Imp's combined use of Shawns mod and Basic 6, but the download is the same in the end. I'd just leave the direct link featured, less confusion.

Regards to CAG, it will be confusing to anyone who hasn't used it before, and if they can't get it to work they might think its incompatible which isn't the case.

Here's what's needed -

Trade MK I & II
Set the homebase for the ship to your station
Go to Trade>Start Commercial Representation
Check trade settings and make sure Warelist is set to Trade and not to Blacklist, pick a ware (Not doing this will cause it to go on standby)
Check the other settings (All self explanatory) and then just click Start once done.

Should work then.

Short version - http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/204 ... 1-2/page27 I explain this here for someone having a problem with it.
Thank you very much .
Both tips were very handy indeed :)

Sheharan
x3tc

Post by Sheharan » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 11:21

Xydonus wrote: All the ones I've installed are working fine for me, and hasn't diminished my Xtended experience in any way.

Installed Mods -

Personnel Transporter
Really? I havn't seen any military transports flying around. Did you see any?
OK, this script means no harm for XTC but it seems to be not functional.

Edit: Hm, I think i shot too fast. My rank with the Argons was too low. Now it works.

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 14:49

Personnel Transporter is NOT the military transport script.

You dock a TP at a station and use the PT function key to recruit personnel.

zeddius
x3tc

Post by zeddius » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 20:32

IMPORTANT!!!!

I am very curious about how you confirm if a mod is compatible....The thing is, you may test a mod and confirm that the mod works, but how are you able to ensure that the mod doesnt break any XTM 2.0 features or scripts....

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 22:32

zeddius wrote:IMPORTANT!!!!

I am very curious about how you confirm if a mod is compatible....The thing is, you may test a mod and confirm that the mod works, but how are you able to ensure that the mod doesnt break any XTM 2.0 features or scripts....
check:
if it overwrites any scripts changed (or used) by the mod
if it uses taken command slots and other text id's

... and that's about it.

zeddius
x3tc

Post by zeddius » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 22:36

vukica wrote:

check:

... and that's about it.
Ok, so it is fairly simple to check then i guess. Thing is, there was alot of discussion on the XTM forum about no mods beeing compatible etc....and that it might be hard to check if it changes/break XTM behaviour....but im a noob so really dont know :)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 23:06

zeddius wrote:
vukica wrote:

check:

... and that's about it.
Ok, so it is fairly simple to check then i guess. Thing is, there was alot of discussion on the XTM forum about no mods beeing compatible etc....and that it might be hard to check if it changes/break XTM behaviour....but im a noob so really dont know :)
well, you also have to be mindful of the functionality of the script.

if a script, say, changes names of capital ships to unique names, and a mod (not saying xtc does this, don't really know) searches for these ships by their original names, then you're pretty much SOL and JWF.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 23:18

Scripts and mods are entirely different things.

Mod incompatibilities are common.

Script incompatibilities are rare.

For example, everything on Bullwinkle's List should be compatible except for the current version of Abandoned Ship Spawner. The next version of A.S.S. will be compatible with mods, as well.

It would be easier to list which scripts are *not* compatible. There would be a *very* short list (most of which would be easy to fix).

dESANT
x4

Post by dESANT » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 16:33

Anyone managed to get scorp map working with xtc 2.0?

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 08:41

DrBullwinkle wrote:Scripts and mods are entirely different things.

Mod incompatibilities are common.

Script incompatibilities are rare.

For example, everything on Bullwinkle's List should be compatible except for the current version of Abandoned Ship Spawner. The next version of A.S.S. will be compatible with mods, as well.

It would be easier to list which scripts are *not* compatible. There would be a *very* short list (most of which would be easy to fix).
You have a good point there . The script mod list is endless .
But its also a good feedback on what scripts are more popular and get monitored & updated from the authors .
I , for example , have bookmarked such pages to get me started after a long absence , so I can all the essential scripts& links on one page .

I 'll update thread for your script list & add the A.S.S. info .
Thank you for helping :)

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 12:14

dESANT wrote:Anyone managed to get scorp map working with xtc 2.0?
Yes: maps

The problem with maps Scorpa action, the result of errors in the 7211-L044.xml. (I hope they were not intended).

fixed file can be downloaded here: 7211-L044.
Extract the file to a directory on t.

NOTE: To map Scorpa work, you may be required to start a new game. :cry:
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

dESANT
x4

Post by dESANT » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 14:01

@Yacek

Thanks for the file, map is working now, though i had to start all over again :cry: but needless to say scorp map is worth the sacrifice.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”