Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 13:41

Hi Nico, I hope you enjoyed your vacation and you are feeling refreshed. Breathing is important and I would encourage you to continue doing so :)

I'm sure ADS will be ready when you are so no rush.
Still life in the old dog yet...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 17:06

Hi, since you stated that you play XRM - there is a class of M3 Bombers there (M3B) that are normal M3 to game engine.

Would it be possible for you to make ADS script that would create a bomber wing (for anti-capship, anti-station duty) out of selected ships (could be useful to people not playing XRM)?

Edit:
I would also have use of "Emergency recall/jump" command. This would be a sector wide command with 4 phases:
1) set time in seconds - time delay for phase 3.
2) select destination sector
3) all fighter class units get back to their homeships/bases.
4) after time set in phase 1 all jump capable ships jump to sector destination (selected in phase 2). If fighter recalled in phase 2 don't make on time and don't have jump drive they will attemp to fly/escape to their homeships via gates.

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 23:49

Such a waste to add all these new fixes and features but then don't upload a working version. Your last version has left over testing code for Khaak invasions and multiple little bugs. Defending wing leaders continually dock and undock. There is often spam about wings being destroyed that don't even exist. Sending a dock all command to defending fighters causes a hard lockup. Did you ever get this stable enough for play?

Edit: Also I found anarkis.acc.cmd.attack.return is being called by anarkis.acc.task.autocarrier but the file is missing from the download.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 21:17

Binesi wrote:Such a waste to add all these new fixes and features but then don't upload a working version. Your last version has left over testing code for Khaak invasions and multiple little bugs. Defending wing leaders continually dock and undock. There is often spam about wings being destroyed that don't even exist. Sending a dock all command to defending fighters causes a hard lockup. Did you ever get this stable enough for play?

Edit: Also I found anarkis.acc.cmd.attack.return is being called by anarkis.acc.task.autocarrier but the file is missing from the download.
*sigh* I know I know. I am aware of most of the bugs you mention. I began destroying them a while ago, but then some other project seemed much more interresting to me - and I got tired with ADS. Not because it does not interest me but because it's so damn complicated and has quite a number of scripts.
At the moment, I am occupied with programming a tool for the sector size changer. I deceided to do that in C#. I began with zero knowledge on that language and I am still being tortured every day by my lack of knowledge.
I am no programmer, but a simple gamer, who got more and more involved to modding.
So odds are quite high for me. Also, real life demands its toll and I lack the time I would like to invest in all of this.
Nevertheless, I got remorses about this project here and I promise to not abandon it, just have patience with me, k?

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 21:42

I understand totally. I've done it myself... a few times. You get the initial interest, you start putting in the ideas but then something bogs down near the end, and its just a game. There are more important things to do :)

I guess I just wanted to make sure you didn't have some version sitting on your hard drive that was at least functional - because WOW - so cool to see real wings flying in formation doing attack from your carrier! I really want to use it.

Its ok though. I'll just go back to CODEA and finish my game and move on. Getting tired of CODEA doing everything in it's own special way and not really integrating with the rest of the game though. I was tempted to work on ADS too but aaah.... so much time it would require.

Thanks for the reply! If you get a new version up before I get bored with X again I will definitely give it a try.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 14:43

Hi Nico. Great improvements.

I have a problem with your version in collaboration with Pirate guild 3.
All the time when I enable "Use ADS to protect pirate bases" after 60-90 seconds titles messages with bumping incoming something like "No threat detected / WHITE BETA / clear sector wing / returning to carrier"

When I disable this function in menu then everything is comming to the normal.
Why I writing here is because with original ADS is not problem with this part.

Can you please look at that?
Thx

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 18. May 13, 10:52

@ Binesi & Koritnaciino
Updated to 1.04, fixes regarding some of your issues along with an improvement regarding ware transfer from or to carrier.
Don't expect anything perfect, I am not the best programmer, I'm trying my very best though.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 18:43

Updated to 1.07, I hope problems regarding messages from PG3 are fixed now.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 14:12

I'm a little bit late to the party, but for anyone still wondering, ANCC Scramble is not compatible with this version of ADS.

I'm working on a new version of my script but i'm not sure i will be able to ensure compatibility as the dock all hotkey as quite radically changed and making sure it work with both version of ADS could be quite complicated.

Edit : I may have found a solution.

@Nicoman35 : I can't get the send defensive wing command to work in your version of ADS. The ships just stay docked even if the target is attacked or far away from the carrier. The Dock All hotkey doesn't seems to stop whatever they are currently running neither.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 17:58

Thanks for the feedback, anarchon.
anachron13 wrote:I'm a little bit late to the party, but for anyone still wondering, ANCC Scramble is not compatible with this version of ADS.

I'm working on a new version of my script but i'm not sure i will be able to ensure compatibility as the dock all hotkey as quite radically changed and making sure it work with both version of ADS could be quite complicated.

Edit : I may have found a solution.
Right you are, I changed the way the dock all hotkey works. As well as the fight scripts. I did not have a look at your version, but I don't think they will get along with each other....I might be wrong, though, as said, I did not test yours yet.
anachron13 wrote:@Nicoman35 : I can't get the send defensive wing command to work in your version of ADS. The ships just stay docked even if the target is attacked or far away from the carrier. The Dock All hotkey doesn't seems to stop whatever they are currently running neither.
Hm, it should be working...at least it does on my pc. Could there be some incompatibility with one of these scripts: Original ADS, your ADS, Extended Communication System, PG3 and Yaki Armada 2? All sripts from Serial Kicked use to a certain extent the same files. So there could be an issue.
Ah, and I see you play AP, while I got TC, there might be also some issue arising from that...
But I'll have a look at that.

*EDIT*
How did you try to launch the defensive wings, by hotkey or by menu? Because by hotkey only the carrier will be defended. If you want to defend another target, it has to be done by menu.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 18:26

The last version of ANCC does not modify any file of ADS and i have added a condition check on the flag you use to dock your wings which will start a docking procedure on all scrambled ships. It seems to work fine so far.

For the defensive wing, i have tried it with the menu. It let me pickup a target to defend and the number of wings to send, the wing is correctly renamed but never undock.
I don't use any other script from Serial Kicked, i have removed all previous ADS and ECS file before trying your version. I will try to do more tests on this when i get back home.
I would like to be able to call the send defensive wing script from the overview of my script.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 22:36

I have found a problem which could be related. You have used a new version number (107) which is inferior to the version number of the original ADS scripts (265). So the new hotkeys are not registered and i guess that some things could be missing from the default configuration array.

Edit : modifying the ver number does trigger the setup correctly but it doen't refresh the hotkey or the default settings. I haven't found the 'tactical settings' in the ADS menu, so i guess it return null when the defense script ask for the needed values.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 23:32

anachron13 wrote:I have found a problem which could be related. You have used a new version number (107) which is inferior to the version number of the original ADS scripts (265). So the new hotkeys are not registered and i guess that some things could be missing from the default configuration array.
OK, I'll have a look how this could be fixed for games already running. Good you pointed that out.

*EDIT*
OK, anarchon, please open the setup.anarkis.acc.xml, delete all code, copy and paste below code instead. I tidied up the setup a bit, could you tell me how is it working?

Code: Select all

$PageID = 8510
load text: id=$PageID

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_DOCKALL]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DOCKALL], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.dock.all.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DOCKALL], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.dock.all.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DOCKALL], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.dock.all.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DOCKALL], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.dock.all.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DOCKALL], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.dock.all.pl', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_BUYWARES]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_BUYWARES], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.buywares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_BUYWARES], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.buywares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_BUYWARES], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.buywares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_BUYWARES], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.buywares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_BUYWARES], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.buywares.pl', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_SELLWARES]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SELLWARES], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.sellwares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SELLWARES], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.sellwares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SELLWARES], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.sellwares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SELLWARES], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.sellwares.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SELLWARES], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.sellwares.pl', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_STATIONDEFENSE]  upgrade=[TRUE]
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_STATIONDEFENSE], class=[Dock], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.call.autostation', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_SETUPSTATION]  upgrade=[TRUE]
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SETUPSTATION], class=[Dock], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.setup', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_AUTOCARRIER]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_AUTOCARRIER], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.call.autocarrier', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_AUTOCARRIER], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.call.autocarrier', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_AUTOCARRIER], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.call.autocarrier', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_AUTOCARRIER], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.call.autocarrier', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_AUTOCARRIER], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.cmd.call.autocarrier', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_SETTACTICS]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SETTACTICS], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.setup', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SETTACTICS], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.setup', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SETTACTICS], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.setup', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SETTACTICS], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.setup', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_SETTACTICS], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.setup', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_ATTACKWING]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_ATTACKWING], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.attack.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_ATTACKWING], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.attack.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_ATTACKWING], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.attack.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_ATTACKWING], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.attack.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_ATTACKWING], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.attack.pl', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_DEFENSIVEWING]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENSIVEWING], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.defense.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENSIVEWING], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.defense.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENSIVEWING], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.defense.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENSIVEWING], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.defense.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENSIVEWING], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.ads.wing.defense.pl', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_CLEANSECTOR]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_CLEANSECTOR], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.clearsector.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_CLEANSECTOR], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.clearsector.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_CLEANSECTOR], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.clearsector.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_CLEANSECTOR], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.clearsector.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_CLEANSECTOR], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.clearsector.pl', prio=0

set script command upgrade: command=[ANARKIS_DEFENDCARRIER]  upgrade={Carrier Command Software}
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENDCARRIER], class=[M1], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.defendcarrier.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENDCARRIER], class=[M7], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.defendcarrier.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENDCARRIER], class=[TL], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.defendcarrier.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENDCARRIER], class=[TM], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.defendcarrier.pl', prio=0
global script map: set: key=[ANARKIS_DEFENDCARRIER], class=[M2], race=[Player], script='anarkis.acc.wing.defendcarrier.pl', prio=0

$ver = read text: page=$PageID id=101
$ver = string $ver to integer
$c.ver = get global variable: name='anarkis.rwe.ads.plugin'
$old.ads.ver = get global variable: name='anarkis.acc.plugin'
set global variable: name='anarkis.ads.manager.open' value=null

* New install, add hotkeys
if $c.ver == null AND $old.ads.ver == null
= [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.hotkey.install' : page.id=$PageID
$gl.setup = [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.ads.setup.init' : page.id=$PageID
$msg = sprintf: pageid=$PageID textid=103, $ver, null, null, null, null
send incoming message $msg to player: display it=[TRUE]
START [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.ecs.register' :
= null-> call script 'anarkis.lib.get.wingnames' :

* Upgrade Needed
else if $ver > $c.ver OR $old.ads.ver
set global variable: name='anarkis.acc.plugin' value=null
$update = [TRUE]
= [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.hotkey.uninstall' :
= [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.ecs.remove' :
$gl.setup = [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.ads.setup.init' : page.id=$PageID
= [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.upgrade.disable' :
= [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.upgrade.enable' :
= [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.ecs.register' :
= [THIS]-> call script 'anarkis.acc.hotkey.install' : page.id=$PageID
$msg = sprintf: pageid=$PageID textid=104, $ver, null, null, null, null
null-> send incoming message: text=$msg temporary=[FALSE]
end
set global variable: name='anarkis.rwe.ads.plugin' value=$ver

return null
anachron13 wrote:Edit : modifying the ver number does trigger the setup correctly but it doen't refresh the hotkey or the default settings. I haven't found the 'tactical settings' in the ADS menu, so i guess it return null when the defense script ask for the needed values.
The tactical settings sould be found when you open the setup menu, hangars, setup docked ships. It is not related to any hotkey. You do not see that secton at all??

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 15:37

My bad, i wasn't looking at the right place for the new menu part. Everything was indeed present but set to null before you new install script.

It is working fine with your updated setup script, and it actually work perfectly with the defend command from ANCC Scramble now which is nice :)

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 16:55

anachron13 wrote:My bad, i wasn't looking at the right place for the new menu part. Everything was indeed present but set to null before you new install script.

It is working fine with your updated setup script, and it actually work perfectly with the defend command from ANCC Scramble now which is nice :)
YEAH

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 18:45

Now that i have more time to test your version of ADS, i was wondering if when a wing is launched via your scripts the high pitched sound following by the flood (audio and in subtitle) of "momomomomomosquitos missiles not installed" and "weapon systems not available" is intended?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 19:20

Oh, another miss of mine. I use MDM if it is installed to protect the wingships. MDMc (convoy protection) is started on the leadership, all followers have the normal version. Normally, when MDM runns on a ship belonging to the player, and no suitable missiles are to be found by MDM, a 'mosquitos missiles not installed' will be heared. You do not have to sit in that ship to hear the message. On my PC, I changed this behaviour of MDM. Now, I only hear that message if MDM does not find any missile on the PLAYERSHIP.
I forgot about that in the meantime :). Will fix that in the next version by making an extra check before activating MDM on wingships. Sorry for that hassle.

BrandonM3
x4

Post by BrandonM3 » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 03:53

I'm having an issue with it not detecting my Cerberus. It works for my Magnatar just fine. I was poking thru the scripts to see if the cerberus is something different than an M7 but I couldn't find an obect group that it might be in instead. However my knowledge of scripting in x3. Is very limited.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 10:02

BrandonM3 wrote:I'm having an issue with it not detecting my Cerberus. It works for my Magnatar just fine. I was poking thru the scripts to see if the cerberus is something different than an M7 but I couldn't find an obect group that it might be in instead. However my knowledge of scripting in x3. Is very limited.
Carrier command software installed?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 15:33

There was a command missmatch in the setup of v1.09 - fixed this. Please redownload everyone experiencing problems - sorry for the hassle.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”